PDA

View Full Version : Real pokemon guru

Pages : [1] 2

Inkfingers
April 22nd, 2009, 07:44 AM
If any of you have questions on pokemon in real life like how would they breathe fire or how would they fit in a Poke`Ball or any other question, ask me and I'll answer it through science.

Åzurε
April 22nd, 2009, 12:16 PM
I like the idea, and I have a few theories of my own... mind if I join?

as first question, how about regice/steel/rock/gigas- mechanical? possesed chunks of material? natural pokemon?

Inkfingers
April 22nd, 2009, 12:58 PM
If you join heres ur job If i ever come across a really hard question or happenned to be swamped in questions then ill ask for ur help k. as for the question about the regi's registeel has a very soft and fragile inner body. It has actual steel that has been created by fusing all the materials needed to create steel, forming a natural steel. This "armor" protects the inner body, which is also very thin, the head however is very large and and the eyes glow the same way a firefly's thorax glows. there are holes in the armor so it can see. The other three I'll have to think about and I'll tell you the reasons later.

Sebastien Loeb
April 22nd, 2009, 01:10 PM
I have not sincerely understood, who both really this '' Pokémon guru ''.

Åzurε
April 22nd, 2009, 01:43 PM
Ink's the "official" guru, and I'm the backup.

I'll answer occasionally anyways, though.

also, be aware that some information may not have 100% plausible or scientific information (this is pokemon, after all), and things like legendary pokemon may have a mythical-based answer in them.

Silhouette
April 22nd, 2009, 02:07 PM
Tell me why Kangaskhan is born with a baby in its pouch.

Åzurε
April 22nd, 2009, 02:15 PM
That's just screwed up. X_x as of yet, I don't know.

the best I can come up with, it was made official before breeding came into play. In r/b, it wasn't a problem.

Silhouette
April 22nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
Yeah, you've got a point. Let me know when you come up with something. ^_^

Gymnotide
April 22nd, 2009, 02:52 PM
Fire-breathing is an easy one.

The Pokemon holds a variety of non-harmful chemicals in flame sacs found within the mouth or throat, closer to the trachea. Upon using a flame attack, the Pokemon releases a portion of the chemicals, which mix together to form a combustible mass which is to be depleted after the attack. The Pokemon exhales a great deal of air in order to set the mass ablaze and direct the fire in the desired direction. Some Pokemon should have the ability to inhale while also exhaling, owing to their apparent ability to sustain fire-breathing for long periods of time. The inside of the mouth or, I guess Skuntank's butt, should be lined with resilient epithelium that resists the intense heat given off by the attack or regenerates at a rate faster than it can be destroyed.

- - - - -

For Regice, Regirock, and Registeel, I think it would be reasonable that they have some sort of conductive material inside that functions like the human nervous system, but not necessarily an entire body inside. The Pokemon should also have an energy-filled core from which it draws power from during times of need. Otherwise, it would draw from magnetic fields around the world, explaining the fact that it can use Zap Cannon, and other electrical attacks.

Åzurε
April 22nd, 2009, 03:14 PM
Mmm. very good on the firebreath, but I personally don't understand why the cells of the Pokemon's mouth would regenerate that fast. if so, it would have extreme mouth-druff.

I like the idea of the regis... but according to the 'Dex (taking it as fact) registeel is completely hollow. Anything there?

I'm leaning towards mech-body w/ spirit for the first 3 golem pokemon. For gigas, I need to do research.

did I use "I" enough? xD

Gymnotide
April 22nd, 2009, 03:17 PM
Mmm. very good on the firebreath, but I personally don't understand why the cells of the Pokemon's mouth would regenerate that fast. if so, it would have extreme mouth-druff.

Stimulating the flame sacs will activate the nearby endocrine glands which release a hormone targeting the mouth cells (or Skuntank's butt cells). Upon binding, the hormone cascades and stimulates the increased production of ribosomes and nucleic acids. Moreover, the cells are launched into a hyper-proliferating state.

Åzurε
April 22nd, 2009, 03:21 PM
*spine broken by sheer bio-logic* XD I get it now. not that being that smart is a bad thing.

Gymnotide
April 22nd, 2009, 03:38 PM
Tell me why Kangaskhan is born with a baby in its pouch.

Also, how come Mantine was born with Remoraid in Gen II and III, but not in IV? :D

Åzurε
April 22nd, 2009, 03:44 PM
the Remoraid got bored of that question, and so has taken a break to go have it's own sprite instead. :P

Forever
April 22nd, 2009, 07:45 PM
Why are Slowpoke tails edible?

Åzurε
April 22nd, 2009, 08:51 PM
One might also ask: why are cow balls edible? xDDD
They just are. I don't think they should be deemed fit for human consumption, but they are.

pokerus34
April 22nd, 2009, 09:15 PM
In Pokemon World, Thundershocks are just like kicks in butts.

But in the Real World, what would it feel?

Haha!

P.S.:)

Gymnotide
April 22nd, 2009, 09:18 PM
In Pokemon World, Thundershocks are just like kicks in butts.

But in the Real World, what would it feel?

Haha!

P.S. = Support Pokemon Times! Post on my Newspaper Thread! :)

The same as getting shocked by a taser or getting hit by a lightning bolt.
Weaker electrical attacks would just cause temporary, short-term loss of motor functions or numbness, like a low taser setting. Stronger ones would completely overload the neurons in the body and cause pain and overload of the entire nervous system.

Also, your spam just makes me feel less like posting there.

Åzurε
April 22nd, 2009, 09:27 PM
Gymno has a point on the Newspaper... Put it in your sig or do something.

Tacogeddon
April 22nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
One has to wonder how Porygon can even exist, while it is artificial, it's apparently not a robotic being, as the description says it's "made completely out of programming code" yet it's obviously quite solid and alive. Unless Silph Co. has a 3D printer that can also endow a programmed AI with form.

Åzurε
April 22nd, 2009, 10:06 PM
2 guesses:
1) there is a small device which (besides being nigh-on-impossible to create right now) scans a phyical design and projects it as a solid hologram, also containing a CPU and some small sensors to give it the appearance of life.

2) A device at the Silph, Co. building controls every instance of Porygon (perhaps Porygon2) distributed among the masses by a form of digital wave akin to those which your TV receives through a sattelite service. This wave allows the being to keep it's tangibility, while sending and recieving information to allow it to function as a living being.

these are both based on the assumption that porygon is hollow on the inside, like a videogame graphic when you position the camera funny.

Tacogeddon
April 22nd, 2009, 10:15 PM
like a videogame graphic when you position the camera funny.

Porygon, the living clipping error!

Of course, it gets more confusing if you consider that they can mate and lay eggs, unless that too is all more "soligram" trickery.

Åzurε
April 22nd, 2009, 10:20 PM
to the best of my abilities, yes. that's pretty much it. xD I'll try to get back to you if I ever come up with a better solution.

KostK2Boss
April 23rd, 2009, 04:21 AM
Here's a good one, guru: Why do pokemon like Meowth, Wailord, Munchlax, etc. - mammals in common sense - lay eggs?
Another question is: Are Koffing, Voltrob, Magnemite and Bronzor pokemon entirely manufactured by humans, or just "machines" made by humans and coming to life thanks to an unseen force?

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
April 23rd, 2009, 08:36 AM
All pokemon are secretly reptiles XD. But you have to wonder about the people in pokemon world...

Milke
April 23rd, 2009, 09:02 AM
Fire-breathing is an easy one.

The Pokemon holds a variety of non-harmful chemicals in flame sacs found within the mouth or throat, closer to the trachea. Upon using a flame attack, the Pokemon releases a portion of the chemicals, which mix together to form a combustible mass which is to be depleted after the attack. The Pokemon exhales a great deal of air in order to set the mass ablaze and direct the fire in the desired direction. Some Pokemon should have the ability to inhale while also exhaling, owing to their apparent ability to sustain fire-breathing for long periods of time. The inside of the mouth or, I guess Skuntank's butt, should be lined with resilient epithelium that resists the intense heat given off by the attack or regenerates at a rate faster than it can be destroyed.

- - - - -

For Regice, Regirock, and Registeel, I think it would be reasonable that they have some sort of conductive material inside that functions like the human nervous system, but not necessarily an entire body inside. The Pokemon should also have an energy-filled core from which it draws power from during times of need. Otherwise, it would draw from magnetic fields around the world, explaining the fact that it can use Zap Cannon, and other electrical attacks.

This is a good response. Scientific. You other guys are just copying the pokedex and sprites.

As for my question, how do pokeballs work? How do you shrink a 1,000+ pound pokemon(like Groudon) into a baseball-sized capsule? And how do they shrink and grow?

April 23rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
I believe that they've somehow mastered the science of matter to energy transfers, and the reverse. However, seeing as the pokeballs also involve light and sound (forms of energy) it means that theoretically, each time a pokemon was released or returned, it would lose some energy/matter and thus change its shape...

Inkfingers
April 23rd, 2009, 09:19 AM
kangaskahn isnt born w/ a baby it goes through a very long cycle. at the age of birth to the age of two they have fun like human babies. At age three they are are taught parenting skills till the age of twenty. Then they are let into the wild to breed. finding a mate is very easy for a kangaskahn because they are all so close. They then breed and the female is left to care for the baby. If the male happens to ever come across the path of that kangaskahn, they must take responsibility for the child, hence male kangaskahn.

kangaskahn arent born with babies they are allowed to be free until age three and are taught parenting skills until age twenty. They go through many tests of parenthood one including taking care of a poke doll(kangaskahn baby of course). They are then let out into the wild and the females must find a male. They then breed and the male leaves, just as polaar bears do. If that same male were to cross paths with that same female, the male must take the baby if the mother allows it to, and raise the child, hence male kangaskahns.

Fire breathing: great assumption gymnotide but it is wrong. fire breathing is caused by the grinding of iron pyrite and flint. a pokemon that has the ability to breathe has two sacs located on the pallet and lower jaw. They take the metals and store them seperately in each sac, flint on top. when the pokemon breathes fire, it uses its tongue to release the metals and they fall into its back teeth used for grinding and grinds the flint and iron pyrite to ignite it. The pokemon has a large amount of hydrogen stored in a third lung that is smaller than the other two. It breathes outward very hard to get to fire to spurt out of its mouth. Fire type pokemon have very large amounts of saliva that it uses to cover the teeth, tongue, and inner mouth to protect its mouth from be burned or melted. However, there is not enough saliva to douse the fire. once then pokemon stops breathing out, the fire stops.

Remoraid is similar to kangaskahn, but instead it forms a very close bond with the mantine. They were very close friends until the remoraid had a very large growth in population and made closer friends with each other. It's sort of a tribal kid of thing. Mantine and remoraid are still friends, but they no longer travel in pairs together.

A slowpoke's tail is made of pure muscle, skin, bone, and meat. The tail is skinned, deboned, demuscled(if that's even a word) and wella, slopoke tail. It has been said to taste similar to a ham.

A thundershock is much more serious in reality and can cause paralasys, skin cancer, and even death.

Porygon is created by a series of very difficult computer codes. It is then transferred through pure energy through energy conversion to a poke'ball, just as a pokemon is released and called back into a pokeball(description of a poke'ball is very long and will be answered in another post).

Pokemon are a species of mixed species(keep that in mind) For example, bulbasaur is a mix of a plant and an animal and golduck is a mix of a reptile and a duck. So those pokemon aren't full mammals, I guess you could say. They have the ability to lay eggs by having the same reproductive system birds do. I'm not going to get into that for several reasons.

Like cloyster, pokemon have an inner body The metals on pokemon are naturally made by a very complex mixing system and create an outer shell, though it's not always made of metal.

Dunder Mifflinite. First of all I have to use to pokedex info to get my facts straight. Second the description of a pokeball will take up an ENTIRE PAGE OF POST INFO. So please be more specific. ask questions about specific parts and I'll answer them bit by bit. Okay.?

Oh, and Gymnotide. Welcome to the team. If anyone else wants to join you have to ask and I'll tell you if you can or can't. I'll ask you a question and tell me how it happens. To everyone out there who's helping me out: Thank you guys so much for helpin out but it's fine, I'll handle it. So please if someone asks a question, let me take care of it. And to the team(Mooglizer and Gymnotide, Thanks for ur help but please only help if I ask for it). Also, thanks to all my supporters. I didn't think this topic would be so popular. Thanks guys.

April 23rd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Ummm...Inkfingers, not to be rude, but Kangaskhan are born with babies. Hatch one yourself and you'll see. Plus, how exactly do you know that you are the one who's right about fire-breathing? Surely, this is really just a thread of speculation and theorizing, so you can't say that something is definitely right or wrong :S.

Åzurε
April 24th, 2009, 09:46 AM
IL@YM is right, after all. We can only come up with something logical (or logic+forces of nature as deities+ nonexistent technology+the confirmed existence of ghosts) with which to answer a given question.

IL@YM... hee hee. I tickled myself.

Inkfingers
April 24th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Okay guys I'm sorry about that fire breathing thing. I mixed it up and didn't do enough research. Here's the deal, all pokemon who have teeth use the grinding technique and those who are absent of teeth use the flame sac method. Here are all of the fire pokemon in order:

Grinding Flame Sac Other
Charmander Vulpix Slugma
Charmeleon Ninetales Magcargo
Charizard Ponyta Torkoal
Growlithe Rapidash
Arcanine Magmar
Cyndaquil Flareon
Quilava Moltres
Typhlosion Magby
Houndour Ho-oh
Hoiundoom Entei
Numel Torchic
Camerupt Combusken
Chimchar Blaziken
Monfernape Chimchar
Heatran Monferno
Infernape
Magmortar

Okay Dunder. Here's how the pokemon shrinks. Let's say you're call ing back a pokemon into its ball. You swiftly stroke your thumb back on the bottom of the ball activating motion sensor, opening the pokemon conatainment area. The pokemon is then transferred into the ball by using energy conversion(the pokemon is converted into pure energy) and stored into the pokemon containment area. There its particles, that were once broken down, are then reassembled into a miniature pokemon! This process is similar to Wonkavision Featured in Charlie and the Chocolate factory. A DNA analyzer quickly scans the room around for the pokemon, and identifies its type and living conditions and projects a holographic enviroment for the pokemon. The process of being let out will be discussed later.

Wyyrlokk
April 24th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Ummm...Inkfingers, not to be rude, but Kangaskhan are born with babies. Hatch one yourself and you'll see. Plus, how exactly do you know that you are the one who's right about fire-breathing? Surely, this is really just a thread of speculation and theorizing, so you can't say that something is definitely right or wrong :S.

I think they aren´t. Well, they have that baby in the games of course, but the games show only a very small part of a functionable world. Why don´t need Pokemon food or why don´t you have to feed them? Why don´t they have to, well, go to the toilet? Why could baby Pokemon hatch eggs already? That are some logical mistakes which are indebted by the fact that the game should be as small as possible (because it´s still huge enough). I think to program a sprite for a baby kangaskhan without a baby (lol...) would be too much work and, by the way, stupid, because nearly every other pokemon would need an own baby sprite then, too. I think in Kangaskhan´s case we are requested to think of a logical solution and not to stick as close to the games as possible.

But, after all, that´s only my personal opinion. You may have, of course, your own.

Inkfingers
April 24th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks Wrrylok. I like the way u think. He's exactly right. Now look at it this way guys. The baby kangaskahn in the game is just a fluke, that's all. In reality, they cannot be born with a baby. The explaination I gave is logical and makes sense. Plus, when you think about it, Why is it that when a kangaskahn is hatched, it is an adult kangaskahn, not the baby in the pouch? All it is is a game thing.

April 24th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Wyyrlokk - I'm fully aware that in a logical world, Kangaskhan wouldn't give birth to babies that already had their own babies...because that's kind illogical >.< I was just pointing out that we have only ever seen a kangaskhan hatching with a baby in its pouch, so we can't say for sure that it doesn;t happen like that.

My own personal theory is that it isn't actually a baby, but more of a smaller pokemon which shares some kind of mental connection with the big version. in a way, the small one is like a brain to the larger one which is separated from the body...if that makes any sense at all :P But hey, its pokemon. It doesn't have to make sense XD

Inkfingers
April 24th, 2009, 02:33 PM
If that's not good enough for you guys though here you go: Kahngaskahn's baby isn't actually a baby, It's a part of its body. Like an angler fish, kangaskahn controls its extra attatchment, just as humans control their arms and legs.

April 24th, 2009, 02:34 PM
If that's not good enough for you guys though here you go: Kahngaskahn's baby isn't actually a baby, It's a part of its body. Like an angler fish, kangaskahn controls its extra attatchment, just as humans control their arms and legs.

hey, your idea's like mine but the other way around...kinda XD

Inkfingers
April 24th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Now I have an answer to the regis too. Every one of them is not completely an element. In fact, what you see on the outside is like a very hard shell. Inside each regi, there is a nervous system that controls every part of the body.

sorta ya. oh and for that egg laying question, It's like a platypus, it's a mammal(though the platypus is the only mammal to lay eggs) A mammal that las eggs.

April 24th, 2009, 02:39 PM
But wasn't Registeel stated to be completely hollow? In that case, only the "spirits possessing machines" idea makes sense.

Inkfingers
April 24th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Btw, how do u guys think I'm doin as the pokemon guru? Do my explanations make sense, gimmie some feedback here.

The nervous system is fused together w/ the armor. It is also very thin, making it completely hollow.

Raaji
April 24th, 2009, 02:44 PM
How about things like potions. Although I think I can probably describe it I wana see If your theory is different, here's mine. The potion Is somthing on the lines of nanotechnology, the stuff inside of the potion imideietly(sp?) healing the organic matter that it touches.

April 24th, 2009, 02:55 PM
^ has raised a good point, actually. How the heck does something like Muk even EXIST?

Inkfingers
April 24th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Okay this is kinda tricky. The potion. Very good assumption. another way of doing that is by having a healing type medicine with a steroid in it, but not so much that it's like an illegal drug, just enough to speed up the healing process. Kinda like how sometimes babies are born w/ certain problems and need steroids to survive, you know?

Muk.Muk's body is composed of a more jelly like substance. It's kind of like a jelly fish that can move on land, is made up of a thicker jelly like substance and has eyes.

I haven't given potions a lot of thought.

Tacogeddon
April 24th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Muk could also be a giant unicellular blob, a giant amoeba.

Oh, and judging by how fast potions heal, they could be some kind of nanomachine spray that stitches together wounds and accelerates healing on the molecular level, it's the only way I can imagine a totally topical medicine healing the most greivous of wounds.

Gymnotide
April 24th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Fire breathing: great assumption gymnotide but it is wrong. fire breathing is caused by the grinding of iron pyrite and flint. a pokemon that has the ability to breathe has two sacs located on the pallet and lower jaw. They take the metals and store them seperately in each sac, flint on top. when the pokemon breathes fire, it uses its tongue to release the metals and they fall into its back teeth used for grinding and grinds the flint and iron pyrite to ignite it. The pokemon has a large amount of hydrogen stored in a third lung that is smaller than the other two. It breathes outward very hard to get to fire to spurt out of its mouth. Fire type pokemon have very large amounts of saliva that it uses to cover the teeth, tongue, and inner mouth to protect its mouth from be burned or melted. However, there is not enough saliva to douse the fire. once then pokemon stops breathing out, the fire stops.

lol. I like how you completely refute my completely plausible theory with that... Well.

The problem is that given the nature of glands and / or sacs in the body, they would need to be comprised of muscular tissue, lined with heavy epithelium. The palate is hard and impervious to most substances, due to the proximity of the mouth cavity to the upper skull. The bottom is laden with salivary glands, which cannot afford to be displaced for other structures. Since the glands you mention are located in the palate and the jaw, your theory is an impossibility. The top is simply too hard and neither side has enough room to store such glands.

In addition, the material mentioned would be completely out of question, given their natures. Bodies cannot produce flint nor pyrite, and therefore must consume it from an outside source. In addition, flint is very easily degraded, and over time will become powdery and inefficient in making a fire. The Pokemon would need to continually consume flint to renew its fire-breathing ability. Both grainy substances would harm the vital glands, the brain, or otherwise. Not all Pokemon eat such materials. Furthermore, flint and pyrite cannot be placed further back in the mouth or else they will cut the spinal cord, thyroid, etc. Flint maybe, but definitely not pyrite. It would function like a gizzard.

Hydrogen gas is completely implausible. Since hydrogen is half as light as oxygen gas, it will float. The lung within would rise and the body would also slightly elevate. This also limits the amount of hydrogen gases present in the body, since if the lung was a large enough mass, the body would be unable to keep itself grounded. Given the fact that Pokemon can sustrain flame-based attacks for long periods of time, it is improbable that such an organ exists, since it would require a large amount of gases (and therefore a larger lung). Since you describe the substance as a "lung," it must continually exchange the hydrogen gas, which there simply isn't enough of in the world - 1 part per million in air. If it were a hydrogen-filled sac, the same problem arises. There is just simply not enough hydrogen to refill the sacs. In addition, the amount of gas released would only cause a small EXPLOSION, not a stream of flames. The Pokemon's head would explode. Hydrogen gas also spontaneously combusts at 560 degrees - Pokemon living in volcanoes and those hit with flame-based attacks would surely explode.

And the saliva thing. Don't be silly. Saliva cannot possibly ward away a fire. It would heat up like boiling water and sear the inner membrane of the mouth. Then, it would evaporate and the hot fumes would bombard the upper membrane of the mouth, some passing through nasal passages and rupturing that epithelium. If there is enough, the saliva would douse the flame.

Okay this is kinda tricky. The potion. Very good assumption. another way of doing that is by having a healing type medicine with a steroid in it, but not so much that it's like an illegal drug, just enough to speed up the healing process. Kinda like how sometimes babies are born w/ certain problems and need steroids to survive, you know?

Muk.Muk's body is composed of a more jelly like substance. It's kind of like a jelly fish that can move on land, is made up of a thicker jelly like substance and has eyes.

1. That is not what a steroid does. Steroids are regulators, not activators (er, they can activate, but only indirectly). The healing process requires inflammatory response, followed by clotting and repair. A steroid could not possibly perform these functions, though they can regulate them. The only steroid which can possibly maintain this function is an anabolic steroid, but those cannot work as quickly as the Potion. Moreover, steroids would stimulate the body to repair itself, but they cannot speed the process up faster than the body can already regenerate.

2. If it were jelly, it would need constant bathing in liquid or else it would dry out and become crusty. More likely, Muk just secretes a mucous substance.

A slowpoke's tail is made of pure muscle, skin, bone, and meat. The tail is skinned, deboned, demuscled(if that's even a word) and wella, slopoke tail. It has been said to taste similar to a ham.

You overlooked the fact that muscle IS the meat that we eat. Pork chop? That's thigh muscle.

Muk could also be a giant unicellular blob, a giant amoeba.

Not enough surface area. Can't be single-celled.

April 24th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I wonder if maybe Muk has a solid body underneath the goo, whihc then (as gymnotide suggested) then secretes...the goo :P It would explain how Muk is, y'know, able to eat solid food and all.

Tacogeddon
April 24th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I wonder if maybe Muk has a solid body underneath the goo, whihc then (as gymnotide suggested) then secretes...the goo :P It would explain how Muk is, y'know, able to eat solid food and all.

I could imagine it being slug-like under the ooze, the flat area underneath it being like a slug's "foot."

April 24th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Lol, like a slug with some slime-making gland that's gone into overdrive? It's not completely impossible...I think XD

Gumball Watterson
April 24th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Ok, explain to me how Team Galactic gets their Pokeballs if they have no belt around their waist or any pockets or anything to carry them with in that tight uniform, please :3

http://www.pokezam.com/news/data/upimages/Team_Galactic.bmp

Gymnotide
April 24th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Ok, explain to me how Team Galactic gets their Pokeballs if they have no belt around their waist or any pockets or anything to carry them with in that tight uniform, please :3

http://www.pokezam.com/news/data/upimages/Team_Galactic.bmp

They can convert Poke Balls into energy, like Poke Balls do to Pokemon.
They store them in their fingertips within a mechanical device.

Inkfingers
April 24th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Gymno I'm really sorry for that thing about you being wrong and all. but listen. I'll prove you wrong. W/ The sacs, let me expand. If you were touch your pallete and go back, not far enough to touch your uvula, but near or in front of it, you would notice a softer area. For fire pokemon, that is where the sac is on the top. Now before you correct me on how you need that softer area that is in the back, not in the throat, but moreso near it. Fire pokemon do not have tonsles, leaving room for that area. The lower area is not there though, you got me there.
The bodies do not produce flint or pyrite, they find and store it. The sacs have a lining on the inside, preventing any harm to the body. They do not consume the minerals, they use and grind them. The grainy material is burned through the fire, actually strengthening it. And yes, they do go and find more flint and iron pyrite when they run out. The pokemon rids of any harmful material by simply just washing & spitting it back out just as a human dumps waste products. Also the mineral sacs do not lead to the brain or any other part of the body. It is a thin flap with just enough room to store the minerals, meaning it is closed off.
Okay I didn't think of the hydrogen build up. So sue me. But the pokemon releases oxygen, nitrogen,argon,and carbon dioxidea.k.a. airand a pretty big amount. You did get me on that one.
Let me change the saliva thing. That was my first thought(I've thought about fire breathing before) and that was my first guess, but here's what really happens. It's simple, the pokemon opens its mouth wide enough so that a slender jet of fire exerts from the mouth and grows.
There you go man.

I don't know much about muk and potions so ya but that slug idea is really good

Gymno said it all on that one. Late on typing

Tacogeddon
April 24th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Bombardier Beetle in all of this, they mix reactant chemicals into a stream of near-boiling liquid that deals death to other tiny critters.

dc_united
April 24th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I've got a question-

Apricorn. Apparently, in the good ol' days of salad and glory, you used to capture Pokemon using a fruit used in baby foods. You've already explained pokeballs, but how could Apricorns give off enough energy to transport pokemon, unless they were dangerously radioactive?

Inkfingers
April 24th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Very good question, but actually, the apricorn is not what gives off the energy. The apricorn is used as a base for the pokeball. Like something is made out of metal or plastic, the pokeball is made from a apricorn shell, and the technology to do all tthe things it does, like transferring pokemon into energy, iss added. kinda like a cell phone, the tecnology is inside, but it has a plastic cover, hiding all that technology.

Åzurε
April 24th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Dude, I missed out on some good questions. Stupid lawnmower...

Anyhow. Ya'know inkfinger (I really dislike commenting stuff like this), I don't think you gave a satisfactory answer above there.you explained pokeballs somewhat, as a given technology, but not how apricorns could contain pokeball-type technology in the first place...
I think perhaps there could be a certain chemical/element somewhere inside said nut- probably on the inside layer of the shell- which had a tendency to transmute matter to energy, and vice versa, when disturbed, such as by impact or pressure. As another point of the same discussion, I believe there was something about having to modify the apricorn slightly, such as by hollowing out the inside, hence the placing of the material. so, the Apricorn would have the ability to contain the pokemon inside, and the age and quality of the nut, plus the skill of the craftsman doing the hollowing and other alterations, would define how effective the Apricorns were at capturing them. Modern pokeball makers would have manufactured the containment material in different quantities and types, and made them possible to activate with the press of a button.

I forgot the return function! :O

Perhaps the composition of the Apricorn would hold information somehow? like a genetic outline of sorts. Pokeballs might replicate this through the use of a small computer between the inner and outer shells.

The computers between the Pokeballs, PC box, and Trainer profile on the PokeDex, would make it possible to teleport pokeballs to the PC box after the Trainer already has registered 6 pokemon for their party. (which means anyone allowed to use Pokedex-upgrading devices could hack themselves the abilities to carry more than 6 pokeballs at a time! >:D)

Gymnotide
April 24th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Gymno I'm really sorry for that thing about you being wrong and all. but listen. I'll prove you wrong. W/ The sacs, let me expand. If you were touch your pallete and go back, not far enough to touch your uvula, but near or in front of it, you would notice a softer area. For fire pokemon, that is where the sac is on the top. Now before you correct me on how you need that softer area that is in the back, not in the throat, but moreso near it. Fire pokemon do not have tonsles, leaving room for that area. The lower area is not there though, you got me there.
The bodies do not produce flint or pyrite, they find and store it. The sacs have a lining on the inside, preventing any harm to the body. They do not consume the minerals, they use and grind them. The grainy material is burned through the fire, actually strengthening it. And yes, they do go and find more flint and iron pyrite when they run out. The pokemon rids of any harmful material by simply just washing & spitting it back out just as a human dumps waste products. Also the mineral sacs do not lead to the brain or any other part of the body. It is a thin flap with just enough room to store the minerals, meaning it is closed off.
Okay I didn't think of the hydrogen build up. So sue me. But the pokemon releases oxygen, nitrogen,argon,and carbon dioxidea.k.a. airand a pretty big amount. You did get me on that one.
Let me change the saliva thing. That was my first thought(I've thought about fire breathing before) and that was my first guess, but here's what really happens. It's simple, the pokemon opens its mouth wide enough so that a slender jet of fire exerts from the mouth and grows.
There you go man.

I don't know much about muk and potions so ya but that slug idea is really good

Gymno said it all on that one. Late on typing

Just woke up, so I'll just keep this short and sweet.

The palatine uvula would be the worst place to put it since that is where the space between the nasal passage and the mouth cavity is the thinnest. There is not possibly enough room back there.
"Finding and storing" is exactly what I meant by consume.
Grinding the material would only degrade it. Burning the materials would also do the same thing; burning the material in no way strengthens it.
If they are thin, then they would be more prone to damage -- the surfaces of the gland are closer to each other than if they were larger, and therefore more prone to damage from the stony substances found within when releasing.
Nitrogen is unflammable, otherwise when you light a match in midair, the entire environment would go ablaze -- our air is mainly composed of diatomic nitrogen. Argon is highly unflammable, having a very low boiling point and low heat conductivity. In fact, it is the stuff used in fire extinguishers. The same does for carbon dioxide. If it is air, the only vital part is the oxygen gas.
Oh yeah, it's definitely not hydrogen. I forgot the fact that diatomic hydrogen is impossible to make with the body. You will end up with H+ ions instead of the required hydrogen atoms. The H+ would then rupture every membrane it touches lol. And then, the hydrogen gas, if it does form by some manner of impossibility, is small enough to diffuse out of the body.
Grinding powder with the teeth can't possibly make a fire every time.
The pyrite would also heat up and sear whatever it touches. The flint would just decompose into chalky black ash.
If the body shoots a thin jet, they will need to breathe out really hard. That would put out the fire and expel the grains of material.

Wyyrlokk
April 24th, 2009, 11:53 PM
They can convert Poke Balls into energy, like Poke Balls do to Pokemon.
They store them in their fingertips within a mechanical device.

Well... lol. xD

If we are at that point already, how could you carry a bike, some rods, hundreds of potions, balls, stones and other items in such a little backpack or handbag? I think it´s the same way like that female warriors in a fantasy game - they wear nothing more than boots and steel bras, although it seems to be stupid to wear... well, nearly nothing while facing a mob of orks/a dragon/ some evil henchmen. But it looks good, so they programmed it that way. Not very logical, but again the "make it easy"-decision of Nintendo probably.

Well, in Galactic´s case, they maybe just forget to draw the belt here. For no obvious reason, because it wouldn´t look bad. The Rockets have one, too.
But, as we know, the Galactic henchmen always loose their Pokemon if the´ve lost a fight, so maybe this two had to give back their Pokemon and therefore don´t need a belt actually. xD

Gymnotide
April 25th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Well... lol. xD

If we are at that point already, how could you carry a bike, some rods, hundreds of potions, balls, stones and other items in such a little backpack or handbag? I think it´s the same way like that female warriors in a fantasy game - they wear nothing more than boots and steel bras, although it seems to be stupid to wear... well, nearly nothing while facing a mob of orks/a dragon/ some evil henchmen. But it looks good, so they programmed it that way. Not very logical, but again the "make it easy"-decision of Nintendo probably.

Well, in Galactic´s case, they maybe just forget to draw the belt here. For no obvious reason, because it wouldn´t look bad. The Rockets have one, too.
But, as we know, the Galactic henchmen always loose their Pokemon if the´ve lost a fight, so maybe this two had to give back their Pokemon and therefore don´t need a belt actually. xD

lol, we convert the Bikes, Rods, Repels, TM 26, Black Flute, Cleanse Tag, Iron Ball, Black Sludge, HM 04, Cheri Berry, Heal Ball, etc. into energy and store it within the backpack, which is secretly a Poke Ball-like device.

Oh yeah. Forgot that a lot of the Grunts don't have Pikmin.

Wyyrlokk
April 25th, 2009, 12:22 AM
lol, we convert the Bikes, Rods, Repels, TM 26, Black Flute, Cleanse Tag, Iron Ball, Black Sludge, HM 04, Cheri Berry, Heal Ball, etc. into energy and store it within the backpack, which is secretly a Poke Ball-like device.

Oh yeah. Forgot that a lot of the Grunts don't have Pikmin.

That doesn´t sound very logical to me. xD Besides, in the PokeSpec it seems to be that the characters don´t have such a magical backpack (but they carry also not that many stuff with them...). Ok. I guess I have to make my own decision here, to see it as a rpg-player would see it - there are no weight-limits, so you have to make your own and limit your inventory by your own. xD

In fact, that problem exist in many games. You carry thousands of items with you, although this is nearly impossible.
When you play a game where your character only can carry a limited weight, you are really annoyed sometimes by reality, after playing games with such a "magical backpack" - for example "S.T.A.L.K.E.R." - only 50 kg, which means you really have to decide what you want to take with you. A medikit? Another gun? Some more ammunition? Some food? That´s quite cool and makes the game harder than a game like Pokemon where you allowed to carry everything you want to. In that way, the first games (RBY) were closer to reality - you could only carry 20 different items in your backpack.

Inkfingers
April 25th, 2009, 12:55 PM
All the items fold and unfold for more room, like some stock on guns. The bike, the frame fols and the tires's rubber outside comes off. the spokes fold. Also, many items are smaller, therefore, there's more room in the bag. Gymno, why don't you say we just drop the fire breathing crap. I just wanna move on and answer more questions and get off this subject. And If u say it doesn't make sense, another thing that doesn't, the it's kinda like a bee I guess. Their body's wiegh more than their wings, and therefore should not be able to fly. There so just drop it. Please. And the apricorn thing, I don't get what's so hard about it. The Appricorn has no technology whatsoever. That's just a base for the technology BUILT on the inside.

dumbpikAchu
April 25th, 2009, 01:59 PM
All pokemon are secretly reptiles XD.
then me, a Pikachu that somehow misteriously ate a Charizard is secretly a reptile? I DO have some Skitty somewhere in there, and some wolverine, but...
No question :D

sabrina_diamond
April 25th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Here's a really good question: How do Evolution stones, Deepsea teeth and Light-ball work if they trans-mutate Pokemon such as Eevee and Camperl, especially if the items are held by Pokemon in the Daycare? Does the Elemental radiation from the Evolution stone affect the Pokemon?

Also, when Pokemon breed, how come the Eggs hatched Pokemon resemble the mother/female and yet can learn attacks from both their parents :D

Åzurε
April 25th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Ink, IMO there isn't technology per say in an Apricorn, but if it was just a nut, you could very well use anything with a hard shell for capturing pokemon. Is this what you're getting at?

well, for the elemental stones, I assume it would have to be activated somehow, like the aforementioned energy-matter compound in my note on everyone's favorite nuts. Although, in one of the early episodes of the anime, I remember a large colony of eggsecute(sp) traveling across a place made of leaf stone, and evolving into Exeggutor. My guess, a willingness to evolve exerted by the pokemon in question and/or it's trainer, in the presence of the material needed to evolve. Note that this is of course the anime, and not the games, so they had to insert item-link evolutions differently, which brings us to your next point, the link items. Perhaps the pokemon holding the item would, as data, mingle with the item's code, and react to it physically at the earliest opportunity, which would be directly after the trade.

I don't know how to explain egg moves, except something akin to the hereditary knowledge shown by Saphira in the Inheritance Cycle (a.k.a., Eragon). And that was basically unexplained.

Monochrome
April 25th, 2009, 06:23 PM
My questions are..

-What is a ditto made of andy why is it solid enough to still have a face and eyes, what makes it able to become other Pokemon? And if its genetic code is so easily changed why isn't it affected by evolution stones like Eevee? Why can't a ditto evolve from the Pokemon its copying either.. If its a complete copy I mean...

- What makes one pokeball more effective than another? Why if there exists a masterball are kids still getting crappy pokeballs that suck? Is there a mass manufacturing plant for pokeballs?

- Let's just say for the sake of science the theory of evolution is true and humans evolve from animals... What went on in the Pokemon universe and why arent humans capturable by Pokeballs... It has been proven that humans arent capturable and it makes them drowzy or something dun remember!

-What is a cubones skull exactly and how is it born with it when the pokedex says it is the skull of its mother... Does it kill its mother?

- Does slowking still have a lag in pain like he did as a slowpoke or a slowbro... Because I'd assume with the poisons being pumped into his brain from the shellder that he would still feel the same effects

-how exactly do ghost Pokemon work like Gastly... it is said he is quite literally gas..

-How exactly did humans find out about Arceus?

-WHY DO POKEMON MAKE EGGS IN DAYCARE AND WHY DO THE OLD PEOPLE JUST SIT AND LET THEM... MAKE EGGS? DX

(JUST SOME QUESTIONS TO PONDER OVER!)

Åzurε
April 25th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Alright, down to it, then.

1) Ditto is made of a variation of the liquid comprising the majority of an amoeba, and the face area is it's nucleus. At best guess it has to come into contact with the DNA or material of whatever it's trying to copy. Were this the case, It wouldn't be affected by elemental stones at all, unless it wanted to become one (and IMO still wouldn't work because of a seemingly more mystical quality in the little rocks...)

2) I said something about it in the Apricorn bit... Pokeballs are likely mass manufactured, and use the lowest-quality and easiest-to-obtain capturing material, minus any special properties from real Apricorns. By that, A masterball (in addition to the risk of giving it to a a real jackarse who'll misuse it) would take very long and be very expensive to produce such a high quality material, and would likely take a real professional to get it in without messing it up.

3) Well, it might be a deviation in the DNA that causes it, or the 'balls could just be programmed to capture only living beings ID'ed as Pokemon.

4) Huh. Well, perhaps Cubone do in fact grow a second skull, on the outside of the one beneath their skin, which becomes removable once the Cubone is fully grown. The Pokemon might take the skull of a dead Marowak and throw out it's naturally grown one, due to instinct.

5) Shellder are non-toxic (like crayons! xD). any fluid secreted could be actually be beneficial to brain function.

6) I don't quite understand. Explain further?

7) A small sect of the Ninten-Do tribe saw it in person, and distributed the information to other areas. XDDD

or... It was active for a while during the earlier days of humanity, assuming again darwinian macroevolution existed like that.

Monochrome
April 25th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I'm still confused though.... WHy wouldn't the evolutionary stones work? I mean supposedly Eevees DNA is easily changed which is why it has so many evolutions .. so why wouldnt ditto type change?

And why wouldn't they just sell masterballs or ultra balls to everyone? I mean that's like selling a huting rifle that doesn't kill...

Åzurε
April 25th, 2009, 06:59 PM
...it has to come into contact with the DNA or material of whatever it's trying to copy.
It doesn't evolve, it just changes form.

...it (in addition to the risk of giving it to a a real jackarse who'll misuse it) would take very long and be very expensive to produce such a high quality material, and would likely take a real professional to get it in without messing it up.

Besides that, you gain access to more powerful balls after getting more badges now. so, a trainer with 1-2 badges only would need to worry about catching pokemon catchable with a pokeball.

Monochrome
April 25th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Well...

It says directly in the Pokedex and in many other sources the reason the Shellder gives the slowking intelligence is that it puts toxins in its brain...

Oh and I mean how did are humans so sure Arceus was the first i mean sureits in legend but where did they figure it out... Technically wouldn't it all be speculation if not for its existance within the actual game?

And i know this is stupid to ask but I'm really interested in this... is there anyway I could hope on the... POKEGURU Bandwagon?

Blaziken_Boy
April 25th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Oh and I mean how did are humans so sure Arceus was the first i mean sure it's in legend but where did they figure it out... Technically wouldn't it all be speculation if not for its existence within the actual game?

The Pokeballs were specially designed to react to an oil secreted by human skin and not capture. However, the Pokeball has to stun the Pokemon it targets for a brief moment to be able to convert it, and this stun can't be overcome by modifications, explaining why in the anime when someone's hit with a Pokeball they're stunned for a bit.

Or it could just be the fact that someone just hit them in the face with a small round capsule designed to convert matter into a more compressed state to store for later ejection. I'd be stunned, too.

Greeneflower
April 25th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I have a question :3

How does Pikachu store energy in it's cheeks? And why to they call Pokemon "it" when Pokemon are also refereed to as a boy and a girl?

Thanks! :3

Wyyrlokk
April 25th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Also, when Pokemon breed, how come the Eggs hatched Pokemon resemble the mother/female and yet can learn attacks from both their parents :D

Well, I think the attacks are part of the genetic material, and the child, or baby Pokemon, got the genes of both mother and father. So it could know an attack of his father just after be born (which explains also why it does not need to train this new attack).

Inkfingers
April 26th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Stones: The chemical balance of the stones fuses w/ the DNA of the pokemon, causing it to evolve. It evolves depending on what the pokemon and stone are made up of.
Breeding: It's not really a matter of them looking like the mother, it's more like them appearing ing more juvenile. It's kinda like TM's and HM's the pokemon just learns it due to its type.
Apricorns: pretty much. The apricorn, however, has an extremely shell, making it perfect for being thrown around and hitting the ground many times.
Ditto: It's made of a substance similar to Silly Putty. It is still unknown what substance that is though. It is solid enough to give it a face. It can transform because it does not have a solid structure, but is very sophisticated, giving it the ability to transform into an exact copy. How does it change color? Smae way a chameleon does. How does it change shape, same way clay is formed, only it does it by itself. How does it know the moves of the opposite pokemon? Ditto is a telepath and since it is so sophisticated it learns the move in 1 second.
How are pokeballs more effective, that is a secret kept by Poke'ball, company who makes them. They have stronger features though, which makes them stronger for catching pokemon. Kinda like a cell phone. The more features, the more expensive.

The masterball takes 10 years to make one because it is so complex to make one, hence, one masterball in existence

Humans aren't able to be caught b/c the pokeball; only reads pokemon DNA to be captured. Pokemon evolve like humans did, only they evolve from expeirience and do it much quicker.

Yes, it's a sacrifice a mother makes to have a child. Once the Cubone is of age 4 and is able to fend for itself, it kills its own mother because their heads are the most sensitive part of their body and they need protection and must learn to hunt at this age.

Shelder: Mooglizer said it all.

Gastly and all gohst pokemon are gas. They are a very thick, nontoxic gas that has false eyes and mouth also made of gas and pretends to use them, giving them an even gohstlier appearence.

Just as they foiund out other legendary pokemon, through legendary tales. Since the legendary pokemon have been seen, arceus is believed to ber real. They found out how Arceus created pokemon by a pokemon to human language translater. Just as Meowth did to ash in Pokemon 2000 when Pikachu and Zapdos were communicating. Arceus is a god to pokemon because he/she made them. I will not get into how Arceus was made due to religious reasons

Breeding: The same reason humans let other animals breed. It's part of nature.

Shelder's toxins are helpful toxins, juast as there are helpful bacteria.

Pikachu stores energy in its cheeks the same way certain animals store poison. Only pikachu gets it's energy kind of like humans. We have electricity in us, only pikachu has more and is able to handle more w/out killing itself. The energyis stored in it's cheeks, just because the cheeks were chosen to store the energy.
If a pokemon is refferred to as it, that means it's speaking generally, just as we do with animals.Example: The gorilla is very sophisticated. IT also has strong arms. Or if you are facing a pokemon, and don't know if it is a boy or girl, then one would call said pokemon "it."

Sumner, if you want to join, try and answer this question. If you have a good, logical, and interesting response, then you can join. If not then I'm sorry but you can't.

"When Wartortle evolves into Blastoise, How does it GROW tow high-pressure water cannons?"

Åzurε
April 26th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I really don't have a good answer for the Blastoise bit... Have you noticed most of the "biology" questions are coming from the first generation pokemon? It's most likely because the Game Freak was experimenting with less logical designs to see which worked best. They probably weren't sure of the direction pokemon, as species, were going to take. Little note.

Inkfingers
April 26th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Okay the blastoie question is for SUMNER ONLY

And ya I did notice that. Truthfuly I'm better w/ 1st and 2nd gen than the other 2 b/c I rarely play silver and haven't played d/pe/pl
But I can still answer questionns about Hoenn & Sinnoh

Monochrome
April 26th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Well... First I want to explain the phisiology of the actual jets... Supposedly they reach deep inside the shell launching water outwards at a speed of 160 Mph making it powerful enough to punch through even steel. They jut out from open areas near the Pokemons right and left shoulders.

My assumption is that when Wartortle evolves perhaps it naturally grows two hollow cannons made of bone in order to prevent itself from becomming overloaded with water that its shell picks up over a long period of time. Supposedly the water launched is the water colected in the shell through swimming and being in bodies of water. I think originally the cannons were grown as a device to drain a shell in order to prevent water form becoming stagnant or weighing the blastoise down but over the ages it evolved into a weapon when its other uses were discovered and used more frequently.

The muscles inside a blastoises shell slowly develop into a compression like mechanism that builds pressure and releases the water through the cannons that were forced shut by another set of muscles. And over the period of evolution wartortle like many other Pokemon are forced into an adaptation completely altering their size and appearance and the growing of the cannons is just another adaptation made to accomadate Blastoises size!

Well I gave it the old clown college try thar and I gope its correct enough.

By the way, I get most of my information about Pokemon from the pokedex and then add in my own scientific perceptions... If my science sint good enough I can still provide as much information possible with the information i have amassed from a decade of Pokemon.

Åzurε
April 26th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I like it personally, though an anatomically correct -if we dare go there- Blastoise would likely have narrower cannons than portrayed in anime/manga/games. Also, perhaps in a pinch a water-gunning pokemon could condense water from in the air somehow... But this is a separate piece of speculation.

I'm sorry for intruding on the question earlier, Inky.

April 27th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Just to input re: the cubone question. One popular theory is that all female marowak die in childbirth, which not only provides the skull, but also explains why all Cubone are constantly sad.

Wyyrlokk
April 27th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Just to input re: the cubone question. One popular theory is that all female marowak die in childbirth, which not only provides the skull, but also explains why all Cubone are constantly sad.

Well, but how should Cubone and Marowak truly raise their population if with every new-born one grown-up has to die?

Inkfingers
April 27th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Sumner, welcome to the team. Mooglizer, don't worry about it it's ok and plz don't call me Inky. Ink is fine if you wanna shorten my name. And I like the cubone theory better than mine, makes more sense.. Wyrrlok, You forgot about the male marowak, who are left to care for the baby cubone. They find a female, and breed, then they have the baby, the mother dies during birth. Males do hope for a female, since there aren't many left. The population only raises if a mother does not have birth, or if a baby boy cubone is born.

April 27th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Well, but how should Cubone and Marowak truly raise their population if with every new-born one grown-up has to die?

Er...um...er...they...keep a constant population? It never goes up or down :P

Gymnotide
April 27th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Stones: The chemical balance of the stones fuses w/ the DNA of the pokemon, causing it to evolve. It evolves depending on what the pokemon and stone are made up of.

Actually, the game references the radiation given off by the stones, not the stone itself, that modifies the DNA, Inky.

Ditto: It's made of a substance similar to Silly Putty. It is still unknown what substance that is though. It is solid enough to give it a face. It can transform because it does not have a solid structure, but is very sophisticated, giving it the ability to transform into an exact copy. How does it change color? Smae way a chameleon does. How does it change shape, same way clay is formed, only it does it by itself. How does it know the moves of the opposite pokemon? Ditto is a telepath and since it is so sophisticated it learns the move in 1 second.

Doesn't explain how the jelly can change its shape by itself, Inky.
Having telepathy does not magically allow someone to automatically learn how to discharge electricity or fire from one's body, Inky.

The masterball takes 10 years to make one because it is so complex to make one, hence, one masterball in existence

Caveat, Inky. You can get another Masterball from the lottery game, Inky. Also, what stops them from mass-producing them in a factory, Inky?

Humans aren't able to be caught b/c the pokeball; only reads pokemon DNA to be captured. Pokemon evolve like humans did, only they evolve from expeirience and do it much quicker.

DNA is DNA, Inky. Doesn't make sense that Poke Balls can differentiate, Inky. It also doesn't explain why people haven't made Poke Balls to capture humans yet, Inky.

Yes, it's a sacrifice a mother makes to have a child. Once the Cubone is of age 4 and is able to fend for itself, it kills its own mother because their heads are the most sensitive part of their body and they need protection and must learn to hunt at this age.

My Marowak is still alive, Inky.
Also, you can breed Cubones too, Inky.

Gastly and all gohst pokemon are gas. They are a very thick, nontoxic gas that has false eyes and mouth also made of gas and pretends to use them, giving them an even gohstlier appearence.

What controls them, Inky?
How come they can take physical hits and also pass through attacks too, Inky?

Shelder's toxins are helpful toxins, juast as there are helpful bacteria.

A technicality: no such thing as a good toxin by definition, Inky.

Well... First I want to explain the phisiology of the actual jets... Supposedly they reach deep inside the shell launching water outwards at a speed of 160 Mph making it powerful enough to punch through even steel. They jut out from open areas near the Pokemons right and left shoulders.

My assumption is that when Wartortle evolves perhaps it naturally grows two hollow cannons made of bone in order to prevent itself from becomming overloaded with water that its shell picks up over a long period of time. Supposedly the water launched is the water colected in the shell through swimming and being in bodies of water. I think originally the cannons were grown as a device to drain a shell in order to prevent water form becoming stagnant or weighing the blastoise down but over the ages it evolved into a weapon when its other uses were discovered and used more frequently.

The muscles inside a blastoises shell slowly develop into a compression like mechanism that builds pressure and releases the water through the cannons that were forced shut by another set of muscles. And over the period of evolution wartortle like many other Pokemon are forced into an adaptation completely altering their size and appearance and the growing of the cannons is just another adaptation made to accomadate Blastoises size!

Well I gave it the old clown college try thar and I gope its correct enough.

By the way, I get most of my information about Pokemon from the pokedex and then add in my own scientific perceptions... If my science sint good enough I can still provide as much information possible with the information i have amassed from a decade of Pokemon.

Doesn't explain some small minute details:
Muscles can only contract or relax, therefore the water would be unable to be fired in a constant flow unless there were two or more muscles. Even so, they would need to squeeze really hard to get that speed, potentially obliterating all of Blastoise's insides and the cannons.
Blastoise can maintain water attacks for a very long time, even firing many times its volume in water. It can't replenish its water constantly.
Where does Blastoise get all the energy to attack so hard, then?

Inkfingers
April 27th, 2009, 01:06 PM
You know what Gymnotide, it's fine if your going to correct me for some things, but EVERY SINGLE THING I SAY! You've gotta be kidding me, man! I don't want to be mean or anything, so I'm going to please ask you to leave this disscusion. BTW This is pokemon, they're not real, so they could do some of the things you say are wrong, you don't know for sure what these things are capable of, because they don't exist.

Gymnotide
April 27th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I didn't correct everything you said. Only some of it.

April 27th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I think we've discovered that there is only one way to really explain all of this.

A wizard did it.

Åzurε
April 27th, 2009, 02:17 PM
^ lol, that's the answer to end all questions, right there.

and Gymno, please don't be a jackarse. << inky, inky, inky. really? come on.

But then, I had no idea that would offend you, Ink.

Monochrome
April 27th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Well I'm glad to be a part of the team of course but I still need to answer Mooglizer.

-According to most sources they shoot only short bursts of water out at a time while others they seem to have an endless supply of water. I prefer to think about the quick burst theory as more truthful because the other one Blastoise would need to have an endless supply of water which is just physically impossible. My next theory would be he absorbs moisture from the air but that wouldn't work because it would dry his skin out so much that he would become hurt.

-As for the energy that's a good question, let me respond with another, how does Happiny have so much strength, like enough to lift things at amazing rates as it does in the Anime or why does it have the Crush ability in Pokemon Ranger.

Ricky429
April 27th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I have a question about Squirtle.

How can it eject so much water out of its tiny body? Where does it store it all?

Rubber Ducky
April 27th, 2009, 07:18 PM
How does Machamp throw 1,000 punches a second or whatever without exploding? (see Machamp thread)

Åzurε
April 27th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Huh... As for squirtle, I'm not sure, because Blastoise could very well absorb moisture and store it over time, instead of all at once. Squirtle couldn't do that, it's too small. That thread about Machamp is in fact all about Machamp. :O Inorite? Have you asked there first? I'll try to answer your questions, but if I fail, I probably won't post, mmkay?

Inkfingers
April 27th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Gymno, I know you didn't correct everything I said. I was exaggerating for emphasise. Anyway, I'm feeling more calm so I'll give you one more chance. You can correct some answers, but please say it too sound more sincere, rather than just bluntly correcting those people. Like Mooglizer, and ILM did. Okay.
BTW Good one ILM
Mooglizer, It doesn't exactly offend me, but I just don't really like the way it sounds. It's kinda like if some one called u a name that u just didn't really feel all that comfortable w/ like Mooginator or something else that just doesn't really sound good to you. So it's not that it offends me, but I'd rather u call me Ink or Inkfingers.
For Happiny: All that "fat" you see, is actually pure muscle, giving it enhanced strength. It does have fat though, It has little, but it has it.

Squirtle has a strange system in its body called the hydronomic system. It's a mix of the the root hydro and the word ergonomic. This is named because what squirtle does, is whenever it drinks water, half of it is actually dranken(or whatever the word is) and the other half goes through the hydronomic system and the water is run through the hydronomic system , where it is cleansed by acids, and moves throughout an organ similar to an intestine and is now more fluid. The water is stored in the back of its shell( there is basically a compartment for the water, still giving it room to use withdraw) giving squirtle a very heavy load to carry

The same way a humming bird flaps its wings 70 times per second, only machamp is swifter and stronger, and has for limbs, instead of two, and throws one punch with every arm seperately.

Ninja Caterpie
April 27th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Lol, we don't have to be nice when you're a self-proclaimed Pokémon guru that should be able to deal with everything we throw at you.

Have you read the Machamp thread? If it did so, it would blow its arms up.

Inkfingers
April 28th, 2009, 03:37 PM
It's not that I can't take it, it's just that gymno was kind of nitpicking to like a maximum. It says machamp's texture is rugged. That means there is a layer of skin there and he's rugged on the inside, so the skin is thin enough to have a rugged texture, but still be able to cushion the blow.

AJ™
April 28th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Q. Why does playing a "magical" azure-colored flute in the tune of the Pokémon Theme make a random flight of light-stairs at the top of a freezing cold mountain, somehow connected to the space/time continuum, appear?

xD. I just had to make that super detailed.

Åzurε
April 28th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Firstly, the Flute is not azure-colored. It is most likely a reference to the sky (occasionally referred to as Azure) and though it says the stairs glow, I don't believe they do. This however has nothing to do with the explanation, and I'm not sure why I even commented on it. XP

The flute could simply have been given to humankind, or crafted by people with help from Arceus. It stands to reason that the Spear Pillar could have been inhabited at some point. Anyone else up for answering this as well?

And, Ink, I get what your saying, it is annoying.

AJ™
April 28th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Your answer displeases me!
I want a more logical answer! I WANT THE GURU'S ANSWER!

Monochrome
April 28th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Well honestly i dont think the explanation get much better than that, I think something u need to know is that Pokemon legend is not fact in the real world and we real peoples can only speculate, hell i doubt anyone in the Pokemon universe even knows... Thats why it's called legend... I'm not sure what scientibfic explaination could be involved describing the mechanics of a magical flute......

Åzurε
April 28th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Uh, the frequency of the sound it makes signals Arceus to let one person up the stairs. That's about it.

*Runs to get Inkfingers*
Iiiinnk! XD

Wyyrlokk
April 28th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Uh, the frequency of the sound it makes signals Arceus to let one person up the stairs. That's about it.

*Runs to get Inkfingers*
Iiiinnk! XD

I guess so, too. There are some alarm whistles, producing a sound which only a dog can hear, so if you blow into that whistle, usually your dog (if you have one) will come to you if he hears that (and if he´s trained to come to you, of course... xp). Probably it´s the same with Arceus.

Inkfingers
April 29th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Okay I like some of these guesses. Props, o'_'o, this is probably the hardest question I've ever been asked before on the subject of pokemon. Here we go though, the answer to end all guesses...

Ninja Caterpie
April 30th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Righty-ho, we're waiting. To totally rip it to shreds

Where is it?

Inkfingers
April 30th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Sorry this took so long to post. School stuff and it wouldn't let me post when I finished typing. anyway, here it is
The song played is a code, just as in some movies, the protagonist needs to solve the code of some sort of puzzle to continue. When every note of the song is played correctly, Arceus hears it, with the feeling that a hero is coming, worthy of capturing it and sends down the stairs. The effect that the song causes seems to have a magical effect, so people just call it magical. The stairs descend from Arceus's home(the top of spear pillar) by telekinesis, for Arceus has this power, just as Abra does. Arceus's home is made of pure light. Arceus is actually levitating in mid air by using telekinesis on itself, but is giving the impression of standing on the light. When the trainer finally enters, he/she is also being lifted by telekinesis. Since Arceus is the strongest pokemon, it has the ability to to fight against an enemy and keep everything ;evitated, even when being hit and attacking. However, if Arceus were to faint, its telekinesis stops, since it is unconsious, and the trainer falls to their death. Arceus only drops the stairs down when it knows that there is a trainer capable of own it, otherwise, the stairs will not descend.

The Scientist
May 1st, 2009, 10:14 AM
About the Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise issue, I've noticed that in the Colosseum games, water moves like Hydro Pump have a brief charging period. Instead of storing supercompressed water in their shells, it may be possible that all Water-types were gifted by Arceus to have dominion over water, and as such they can draw in water from their surroundings to manipulate and focus into an attack. Sumner said that this would cause the Pokemon to dry themselves out, but if their skin is really as rubbery and waxy as it appears to be, then they should have no problem keeping their vital water supplies trapped in their bodies.

Not entirely sure about this, but as far as I know, I've never seen a water Pokemon use water moves in a severely dry environment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Machamp thread was a joke.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y270/TristinCrow/PKMN/EXPLOSION.png

YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, about the Cubone/Marowak issue. All the PokeDex entries that reference Cubone wearing its mother's skull are from the game, which means that Game Freak was just trying to be dramatic and didn't think this out very well for us. I mean, it is possible to have a female Marowak in the games (I named mine GHOST). But if you separate the games from the anime, you may have noticed that there are no female Marowak in the show.

The static population idea wouldn't work, because with a 50% gender division rate, the number of available females halve every generation. Start with 100 Cubone, 50 of which are female. After the 50 female Marowak die, they leave behind 50 children, 25 of which are female. Pokemon are unable to "breed" with their children, so the only males available for the new generation of females are the males that hatched from the other 25 eggs.

Ultimately, you end up with an all-male population. What may happen at this point is that Arceus simply makes more females. Now while Arceus may seem like a cop-out answer, it's the only thing that makes sense.

About Cubone being able to breed, that doesn't really change much. Note that the PokeDex entries just say "mother", not "mother Marowak". If a femal Cubone does have an egg, it will soon die and leave its skull behind for the baby.

A Cubone's skull may look slightly different from a Marowak's skull, but based on the appearances of Cubone's and Marowak's helmets, the skulls seem to be malleable enough that they take the shape of the wearer's head, not the other way around. So the baby Cubone may have a slightly different helmet for a short time, but after a bit of growing it will become standard.

Ditto doesn't need telepathy, it is "born" with a faint instinctual knowledge of all the Pokemon in existence, and seeing its target is all it needs to "unlock" it. Once a Ditto has transformed this way once, it can transform into the same Pokemon again on command without an "original" there to copy. However, to "update" this image, it needs a new target to copy.

It's body is a plasma-like substance, and its cells are similar to stem cells. Ever seen a slime mold? It's kind of like that. Ditto maintains full control over this plasma, and must consciously hold its form or else it will fall apart (hence why a laughing Ditto reverts back into plasma). As far as copying moves go, I think that after a Pokemon learns a move, traces of that attack are stored in its cell memory. This is why baby Pokemon can "inherit" their father's attacks, and not their father's entire potential moveset. When Ditto copies an enemy, it modifies its pseudo-stem cells to "evolve" based on the target's appearance and/or pheromones.

Greeneflower
May 1st, 2009, 09:36 PM
Next question, why does Smurgle have paint on the end of it's tail, like a paintbrush? Why doesn't the paint dry out?

Yams
May 2nd, 2009, 07:56 AM
I'd like to answer this, if Ink doesnt mind. Smeargle has a gland near the end of it's tail(which makes it a little more bulbous then the rest of it's tail) that always secretes a paint-like substance which can be used in the same way as paint. It would never dry out unless Smeargle became dehydrated(as the contents of the substance are mostly water.)
I think I can defend this argument pretty well if anyone sees any flaws in it.

Also, about the machamp, its not real. It is just a legend that may be passed down in folk stories and the like. I'd think that the pokedex not only includes facts about the pokemon, but interesting legends of them.

Azumi
May 3rd, 2009, 06:02 AM
I have a question.

After Shellder clamps onto Slowpoke's tail, they evolve into Slowbro. Are they actually "one" now, or are they still two things stuck together? If the latter, why doesn't the Shellder leave the body, or the Slowbro doesn't try to make the Shellder go away?

Monochrome
May 3rd, 2009, 08:10 AM
Well its a symbiotic relationship, they need each other to survive, technically what Shellder becomes on Slowbros tail is actually an evolutionary form that cant survive on its own. The Shellder evolution remains dependent on Slowbro for sustenance , it works a lot like a parasite, but in return it gives slowbro the ability to stand upright, augmenting his mental abilities and giving him a high tolerance for pain thanks to the venom from the Shellder evo! Oh yes and btw if the Shellder evo falls off Slowbro will revert and the evlution will die of starvation.....

Second Coming of Jebus
May 3rd, 2009, 08:25 AM
GUYS IT'S ALL MAGIKZ!!111one

The Scientist
May 3rd, 2009, 06:18 PM
Well its a symbiotic relationship, they need each other to survive, technically what Shellder becomes on Slowbros tail is actually an evolutionary form that cant survive on its own. The Shellder evolution remains dependent on Slowbro for sustenance , it works a lot like a parasite, but in return it gives slowbro the ability to stand upright, augmenting his mental abilities and giving him a high tolerance for pain thanks to the venom from the Shellder evo! Oh yes and btw if the Shellder evo falls off Slowbro will revert and the evlution will die of starvation.....

Actually, they don't need each other to survive, the union is just convenient for the two.

The larger, spiked Shellder acts as a counterweight, allowing Slowpoke to stand upright and use moves like Mega Punch (this comes straight from the show, guys). Slowbro is better able to move around and defend itself. Shellder, on the other hand, gets a constant source of nutrition (Slowbro's blood). If the Shellder should detach somehow (probably against their will), the Slowbro will keep its evolved body, but its intelligence will drop and it will revert to walking on all fours. The Shellder will remain in its spiked form, and can still evolve into a Cloyster.

Now Slowbro and Slowking's intelligence are attributed to the attached Shellder's venom. This may actually have some basis- besides acting as anti-inflammatory agents, venom can be used to kill cancer cells.

Like Alakazam, Slowpoke may have a constantly growing brain... a brain that grows so quickly that some sections may as well be cancerous. This kind of pressure on the inside of the skull usually results in mental retardation. Maybe Shellder's venom controls these cancerous regions, reducing the pressure on Slowpoke's brain and thus allowing it to think more clearly? When the Shellder moves to Slowbro's head, its venoms are able to be more effectively delivered, relieving the pressure completely and allowing Slowking to use his brain to its full potential.

Links:
<http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/628262/experts_snail_venom_may_have_health_benefits/index.html>
<http://insciences.org/article.php?article_id=4649>

Note: the first one is about a sea snail whose venom targets the brain. Coincidence or conspiracy?

Inkfingers
May 3rd, 2009, 07:51 PM
Yams, that's what I was gonna say, but I don''t mind, It's okay if u wanna be a guru for a little bit. Yes they are one. The shelder stays on the slobro's tail because it tastes so good to it. Shelder now stays on Slobro like a pet. It's attached to it. The slobro keeps the shelder on because when it clamps on, it's relaxing after 1 hour of being bitten. This all started by a very curious Slowpoke.

All of our theories make pretty good sense when you think about it. I think it's best to say that the correct answer is a mix of all three of our theories.

Second Coming of Jebus
May 3rd, 2009, 08:59 PM
I'm pretty sure slowpokes don't feel pain on their tails cause I swear someone said it in Silver version and that was their reason for cutting off slowpoke tails because they didn't feel pain and it could grow back. I mean c'mon, it's pokemon. They wouldn't put that in the game if it really, really hurt the slowpoke when they cut off tails, seems a little too evil, even for Team Rocket.

The Scientist
May 4th, 2009, 08:38 AM
...They wouldn't put that in the game if it really, really hurt the slowpoke when they cut off tails, seems a little too evil, even for Team Rocket.

Didn't Team Rocket slaughter an entire tower full of Cubone in RBY, as well as their mother?

Yams
May 4th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Yea, but after RBY they turned soft, I mean they cant even catch one Pikachu!

I'd like to be a side guru if you dont mind Ink

The Scientist
May 4th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Yea, but after RBY they turned soft, I mean they cant even catch one Pikachu!

I'd like to be a side guru if you dont mind Ink

Jesse and James have always been idiots, which is why Giovanni sent them after Uberchu: to get them away from him. If he really wanted that Pikachu, he could have gotten it years ago. But he knows that if it's never caught, Jesse and James will never come back to harass him.

And as for your becoming a "side guru"... if I may be so bold as to ask, what are your qualifications good sir?

Yams
May 4th, 2009, 04:38 PM
The first part was kind of a joke...

I dont know what my qualifications are, other than that I am a pokemon fan sincce Red and Blue. Isnt the test for him to ask a question or something...

Second Coming of Jebus
May 5th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Didn't Team Rocket slaughter an entire tower full of Cubone in RBY, as well as their mother?

Eh? I thought that, that Marowak ghost was always there in that tower to watch over the other spirits of pokemon and by Team Rocket coming in and kidnapping that old guy, it got mad? Well either way Kurt said that the slowpokes didn't feel the pain and it grew back.

...I think it was Kurt.

Inkfingers
May 5th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Ya yams u gotta answer a question here it is

How is it that Rapidash's fire doesn't burn the rider, even if it trusts it?

Okay there have been some complications on this side guru ordeal. The side gurus are currently

Mooglizer(the first side guru)
Sumner
Neitio(I want you to join, I've already seen you prove urself)
I Laugh At Your Misfourtune(Same goes for him

So please everyone else who's not a side guru, please keep your opinions to yourself UNTIL at least two side gurus, including me(guru) answer.

To join just ask to be one. Tell me why you should be chosen and I'll give you a question that you'll answer. If I think it's logical enough, you can join.

I'll keep you all posted on any new side gurus.

The Scientist
May 5th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Does Crobat have four legs or six?

Crobat has two vestigal feet and four wings (the latter two were derived from Golbat's legs).

Ref. 1: Pictures of Crobat.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/9/93/Spr_b_g3_169.png

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/72/Brock_crobat.jpg

Ref. 2: Various PokeDex entries:

Having four wings enables it to fly faster and more quietly. It turns active when the night comes.
The transformation of its legs into wings made it better at flying, but more clumsy at walking.

Note that the Platinum entry is only referring to Golbat's legs.

Finally, an easy one...

Rubber Ducky
May 5th, 2009, 03:57 PM
How does Groudon cause worldwide droughts without doing anything? Similarly, how does Kyogre cause mass flooding?

Inkfingers
May 5th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Kinda like the moon. It control the currents of the watters. Groudon sucks up water into the ground, and kyogre lets the water loose.

coolcatkim22
May 5th, 2009, 05:23 PM
I'd like my other two questions anwsered:

Is a Dugtrio three Digletts or a Diglett with three heads?

Why do Goldeen spawn in the spring, while Seaking spawn in the fall?

Inkfingers
May 5th, 2009, 05:37 PM
3 Digletts. They all join together and form one, powerful pokemon. It's in their nature. (it's stated in the Official Pokemon Handbook)

Goldeen and Seaking spawn at different times because goldeen's body temperature is lower than Seaking, and Seaking's body temperature is warmer than goldeen's. They spawn at different times, because they need to be kept at an equal temperature.

coolcatkim22
May 5th, 2009, 08:50 PM
From R/S:
DUGTRIO are actually triplets that emerged from one body. As a result, each triplet thinks exactly like the other two triplets. They work cooperatively to burrow endlessly.

That's why I asked.

Yams
May 6th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Ya yams u gotta answer a question here it is

How is it that Rapidash's fire doesn't burn the rider, even if it trusts it?

UNTIL at least two side gurus, including me(guru) answer.

I'll keep you all posted on any new side gurus.

The fire on Rapidash's back is not normal fire, which is why it doesnt need a fuel source, and can continue burning until the Rapidash dies. The fire is used as a tactic to intimidate predators, so Rapidash' can graze peacefully. If Rapidash trusts the rider, the fire does not burn them, because normally the fire cant burn anything, but if it is someone Rapidash ddoesnt trust, then Rapidash can make the fire burn them, but only temporarily. If Rapidash were keep the fire at a high temperature, the Rapidash would tire out, as it is like using a flamethrower continuously for a long period of time.

May 6th, 2009, 11:14 AM
To input re: ponyta/rapidash:

What appears to be flames is actually a very thick mane, made of inividually controlled hairs that are coloured and move in a way that emulates fire, to scare possible predators. When someone attempts to mount the pokemon against its will, it is able to channel heat energy to them, in a similar way to how a lightbulb filament heats up when electrical energy is passed through it.

Inkfingers
May 6th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Yams, I'm likin your stuff. Honestly, I think description on the fire was a little weak(no offense) but your theory on its behavior is very well thought out. Welcome to the team! ILYM you had a very good explanation for the flames. (hairs) Never thought of it that way.

Hey everyone, if you like this thread, please rate it with 5 stars and give me some rep points. I'd really appreciate it.

Monochrome
May 6th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Slowpoke feel pain but on a 5 second delay, Because there tails are the farthest part of their spine from the brain it is almost completely numb taking at least a day maybe more on some occasions to even register to the brain.

(PS- There are a couple of ways to answer every question, Through science, through games, through manga, and through anime. The way i choose to usually answer things is through the games so if someone else has a different answer than me that works as well it doesnt mea im wrong it just means there's another answer to that question if you look at it in a different way)

Inkfingers
May 6th, 2009, 07:38 PM
coolcatkim. I see why you asked that question. That's pretty confusing for a pokedex info peice. But in The Official Pokemon Handbook, Which was the first pokemon guidebook released(I'm talkin aboiut the first one(kanto) it states and I quote

"Diglett don't really change form, they join together in groups of three to become Dugtrio."(pg 55, last sentenc of Diglett's description)

Sumner, what exactly are you talking about for the PS thing? could you please give me the quote that lead you to say that.

Second Coming of Jebus
May 7th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Ugh, to the retard that gave me neg rep for my magickz quote, way to take a joke so seriously lol. Being a pokemon guru is srz business brah.

The Scientist
May 7th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Slowpoke feel pain but on a 5 second delay, Because there tails are the farthest part of their spine from the brain it is almost completely numb taking at least a day maybe more on some occasions to even register to the brain.

This was mentioned in the show, also. However, since the tips of their tails are specifically designed to catch fish, it may no have feeling receptors (which would save them a lot of [delayed] pain while fishing).

Being a pokemon guru is srz business brah.

QUOTED FOR THE MOTHERFARKING TRUTH.

Also, I would give you a +rep to balance that out, but you've seen to it that doing so is impossible. Meh.

Inkfingers
May 7th, 2009, 02:45 PM
filocakes plz be a bit nicer on this post please.

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE
May 8th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Why are Slowpoke tails edible?

Waaay too late, but they're edible because they release a sweet juice to lure fish with. Humans like the taste too, simple. *read that somewhere*

Monochrome
May 9th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Sorry i had no intentions of that sounding rude at all or anything I meant that vaguely as in if anyone says something and one of the other gurus goes No -Insert Guru name here- The actually explaination = (Whatever else they had to say...)

lol I didnt meant i was personally offended by anything.. it also went to the other people so that they could feel as though they got the answer the were looking for... Like if i answered one way but the way you (Ink) or another guru answered was better they could wait it out and see.

Inkfingers
May 9th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Alright Sumner, It's cool, don't worry about it. U r right though. I made that mistake with Gymontide(which I apologized for) but we're cool now.

Åzurε
May 9th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Misposted. Sorry, I can't delete it.

dream's-epilogue
May 9th, 2009, 10:32 PM
This might've been answered before, but...

There are quite a few pokemon that can only evolve through friendship, but plenty of wild versions are found. So, does that mean the friendship thing can apply to other Pokemon as well?

And if so, wouldn't it be possible to evolve a pokemon this way by fostering a bond between it and another pokemon, even if the pokemon doesn't like you?

ShinjisLover
May 10th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Well, in my honest opinion, someone who sells themself out by calling themselves 'Pokémon gurus' either are not gurus or they're just looking for attention. Maybe both. =/

Just sayin', this made you sound pretty conceited. I'm sure anyone can figure out why a Pokémon can do what it does.

how would they fit in a pokeball
Pokémon fit in their Poké Ball by converting into energy when they are captured, returned, et cetera. Like teleportation in the Pokémon world. That's already been stated, I believe.

Sorry if this came off as rude, it was just something I thought you should know.

Second Coming of Jebus
May 10th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Also, I would give you a +rep to balance that out, but you've seen to it that doing so is impossible. Meh.

Oh nuuuu

filocakes plz be a bit nicer on this post please.

Lol, my bad. Was just a little annoyed I guess XD

May 10th, 2009, 06:27 AM
This might've been answered before, but...

There are quite a few pokemon that can only evolve through friendship, but plenty of wild versions are found. So, does that mean the friendship thing can apply to other Pokemon as well?

And if so, wouldn't it be possible to evolve a pokemon this way by fostering a bond between it and another pokemon, even if the pokemon doesn't like you?

Officially, its called "Happiness". Although it mostly relates to how well looked after the Pokemon is, its possible for a Pokemon to be wild and happy, isn't it?

Åzurε
May 10th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Well, in my honest opinion, someone who sells themself out by calling themselves 'Pokémon gurus' either are not gurus or they're just looking for attention. Maybe both. =/

...I understand you're not intending to sound rude, but you do realize it's basically just a non-existent biology class, right? It's just for fun. Explaining why pokemon can do such ridiculous things as changing with the weather, or having a tongue twice the length of it's body, it's just a way to pass the time. Who cares what the people participating are called, to my understanding it's kind of a joke anyways. Guru means a well-renowned person, an expert in their field. It's not hard to do that with pokemon...
And, You said that if you call yourself an expert, you can't be one (wtf?), or your just looking for attention. I definitely am not looking for attention, it's just something to do.

if you still have questions, ask Ink, he started it... jk, of course, Ink.

ShinjisLover
May 10th, 2009, 04:20 PM
And, You said that if you call yourself an expert, you can't be one (wtf?),
If you sell yourself out to be an expert, you most likely are not. That's what I'm trying to say; it's not difficult to see what I mean.

The Scientist
May 10th, 2009, 04:34 PM

Just sayin', this made you sound pretty conceited.

Well, some of the more technically-minded PC members banded together to answer some burning Pokemon questions. Now only one of us made the thread title (and thus, the title of "Guru"), but our primary goal is to answer questions (and hopefully deliver some lulz in the process). I see nothing wrong with this. Besides, calling ourselves "the association of people with average Pokemon knowledge who wish to attempt to answer questions that you will not have because you can answer them already" is ridiculous.

Also, I wouldn't bring up "looking for attention", as you draw attention to yourself with your weird centered indigo text.

I'm sure anyone can figure out why a Pokémon can do what it does.

If that were the case, we wouldn't have 5+ pages of questions and answers. And that's only this thread!

Pokémon fit in their Poké Ball by converting into energy when they are captured, returned, et cetera.

Not so fast! Solid matter is the most compact form of matter, and energy takes up the most space. If the atoms of a Charizard were to turn into energy, the volume necessary to hold that energy would be exponentially greater than the amount necessary for a solid Charizard's mass.

ShinjisLover
May 10th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Also, I wouldn't bring up "looking for attention", as you draw attention to yourself with your weird centered indigo text.
Technically, it's purple. And I don't see what that has to do with anything. The only thing that proved was that you just felt the need to say something rude.

If that were the case, we wouldn't have 5+ pages of questions and answers. And that's only this thread!
Again, I will say it: Anyone can tell you why a Pokémon does what it does. Not necessarily the person that answered the question. Just look a little more into this and you'll finally see what I mean. But you take everything at face-value.

Not so fast! Solid matter is the most compact form of matter, and energy takes up the most space. If the atoms of a Charizard were to turn into energy, the volume necessary to hold that energy would be exponentially greater than the amount necessary for a solid Charizard's mass.
Doesn't matter. It's called 'anime', and it does necessarily take physics into account. It gets turned into energy, end of story. It's not my fault the creators didn't want to waste time figuring the rest out.

Åzurε
May 10th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Shinji, I usually don't drag out arguments, but you appear to be a reasonable person, so I'll debate a bit. But, also, anyone else, Please try to contribute to the original purpose of the thread.

Ok, so, to start off, you have to be careful with your wording. You used an absolute. Someone who sells themselves out as a Pokemon guru is not. I am right in saying that, correct? You either intentionally or unintentionally meant all people. If they're pokemon gurus by their own words, they are not. Second, do you know what selling out is? "Selling out" is defined as compromising of one's integrity, morality or principles for money or 'success'. We are not selling out here. Again, it's just for fun!

On topic: Regigigas, how does it work? Regirock is made of rock, etc., but what is Regigigas made of?

ShinjisLover
May 10th, 2009, 06:14 PM
(If any of you want to discuss what I've said further, please do so on my profile in the form of a VM. Thank you.)

As for your question, Mooglizer, Regigigas is based off of the golems of Hebrew legend, and is not necessarily made of anything in particular.

The Scientist
May 11th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Technically, it's purple.

The color tag in your text says "COLOR=Indigo", so I will call it indigo.

Again, I will say it: Anyone can tell you why a Pokémon does what it does.

Again, I will say it: if that were the case, there would be no Pokemon-related questions.

Doesn't matter. It's called 'anime', and it does necessarily take physics into account. It gets turned into energy, end of story. It's not my fault the creators didn't want to waste time figuring the rest out.

Well, us GURUS like to apply real-world physics, chemistry, and physiology to 'anime', and thus come up with more reasonable explanations to how things work than "because the producers said so". Just look a little more into this and you'll finally see what I mean. You don't have to take everything, including anime, at face-value.

I would like to hear your reasoning on why you are so adamant regarding Pokemon being converted into energy. Could you come up with something a bit more reasonable and solid than "because it's an anime"?

There's a theory regarding digitization floating around in my head, but it'll take some research to back up. Off the top of my head, though, I know that the human genome takes up approximately 20MB of data. The inner shell of the PokeBall could be receptive, like a hard disc, and thus hold the Pokemon's consciousness and data. This would also explain how the Pokemon enters a "comfortable virtual world" upon being recalled to it's Ball.

Inkfingers
May 11th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Okay everyone, this fight is over. I'll explain in a bit, but I want u all to just settle it okay. Now I'm going to answer these question in the order they were posted, and leave the fight thing for last.

A pokemon gains experience through friendship, care, fighting, strategy, and most important, love. Wild pokemon who are evolved have found experience in these ways on their own or with friends. As long as they meet the requirements of experience in any way, they'll evolve, so yes, if the pokemon ignores the trainer and finds experience, it can evolve from loving another pokemon.

Filocakes, it's alright, I understand. Just please be nicer.

The regis have a thin membrane controlling the'r functions. Regigas has a colored shell(which is very hard) and the trees are just fur.

I have to go now, but will settle the argument later.

Goodbye.

Åzurε
May 11th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Don't worry about it, Ink, it's already settled.

Inkfingers
May 11th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Okay, but I still wanna have a little say in it if you don't mind.
The reason I called the thread Real Pokemon Guru is because I had the idea. Why pokemon guru. The name popped into my head, and I thought it was a good title and would make the thread more popular so I could get lots of questions. I had been thinking of some questions and tried to answser them to the best of my ability before this thread, for I to wonder how these amazong creatures preform these miraculous techniques and attacks. It totally blew up(as in it became really popular really fast) and I was answering up a storm. Some other people wanted to help so I let them and I wanted a name for them that wasn't demeaning in anyway(like assistant, that title makes me kind of feel like everyone is a lower class than me) so I took on the title of Pokemon Guru. The side guru name I got from Yams and that's how it started. So no I'm not concieted, and no I'm not selling out. I'm not lookinmg for attention and am just doing this for fun. I in no way intend to come off as concieted or a sell out.

BTW Mooglizer. I was lookin at Shinji's visitor messagesand saw you were getting kind of bored with this. Please do explain.

Yams
May 11th, 2009, 07:42 PM
End of story, we do the guru thing because it is a fun time-killer, not because we want attention (probably, as I do not know the intentions of others). The "Guru" title was just used to attract people, and it caught on. Noone has to take it as a literal definition.

Anywho, anyone know where Poliwhirl's and Poliwrath's mouths are? How do they eat?

ShinjisLover
May 11th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Well, they both can have the ability Water Absorb. Or they could absorb nutrients through their skin.

Inkfingers
May 12th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Shinji please do not answer questions untileither I and a side guru answers or two side gurus answer.

As for Poliwhirl, the very middle of the swirl is it's mouth. It is hiddeen thoiugh to look like it doesn't have one, since the mouth is dark. The swirl's edge enlarges slightly and that is when its mouth opens.

The pokeballs: I'v already explained that on page two, post #31.

May 12th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Er, Ink, not to be mean or anything, but I think that might have kinda been what SL was getting at. He's in an equally valid position to answer the question, so it doesn't make sense to restrict the answering to a few people who have done what pretty much anyone could.

Inkfingers
May 12th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Well I'm not trying to say only the guru and side gurus can answer questions. I mean that the guru(me) and the side gurus should answer first so that the ones that I give the position to have a position, otherwise, there's really no point in having side guru being a position. Otherwise side gurus would just be people who visit and answer a lot. So I'm not saying only they can answer, I'm asking that the visitors please let them answer first. But I feel that two people are too muuch now that I give more thoouht into it. So...

Please let either the guru(me) or a side guru answer the question first then feel free to answer. Just one person answers first though, then anyone is free to answer.

The only reason I'm doing this is because there really is no purpose for side gurus other wise. Like I said, if this rule wasn't here, side gurus would just be people who visit and answer a lot.

ShinjisLover
May 12th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Er, Ink, not to be mean or anything, but I think that might have kinda been what SL was getting at. He's in an equally valid position to answer the question, so it doesn't make sense to restrict the answering to a few people who have done what pretty much anyone could.^ What he said. I don't see why I have to wait for others to give answers. That's a tad greedy.

EDIT: But, if it makes you feel any better, than I suppose I'll only visit this thread and not post unless I actually have a question.

Inkfingers
May 13th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Guys just please wait for 1 side guru or just me to answer first(whichever sees the question first) then you can give your own opinion. If you guys don't like this thenplease tell me. But if you don't want it here, then I don't really think there should be side gurus. If anyone has any suggestions on what side gurus should do for there not being a rule please tell me.

dream's-epilogue
May 13th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Ignoring the arguing...

When Pokemon enter Pokeballs, they are converted to energy, correct? If that is the case, does time essentially stop for them, like no aging and such?

And, if not, are they conscious while in this state? Basically, if a Pokemon emerged from it's pokeball, what, if anything, would it remember? Would it's last memory be of entering the pokeball?

Inkfingers
May 13th, 2009, 07:27 PM
No no. The pokemon are converted into energy, it has no effect on them. The pokemon knows it's going in the pokeball( when it hasn't fainted of course) when the trainer calls it back. Then in a three process, it's converted into energy and is miniturized and stored in the pokemon containment unit of the pokeball. It remembers everything that it can remember being through. Like humans remember and sometimes forget stuff, so do they.

Åzurε
May 13th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Ok, As for the earlier mention of being bored, I meant going back and forth with SL there. Not the thread. I'd like to see if this could get more back on topic from here on out, seeing as this has essentially become an argument (as per dream-epilogue's comment). I'm glad it's at it's conclusion, myself. That aside...

How do dark pokemon manage to ignore psychic attacks so easily? Surely it's not a mental thing, because Alakazam and the like easily manipulate inanimate objects.

drunk ¬_¬
May 13th, 2009, 10:33 PM
i have a question...
how come lucario gets to talk... that's so uncool :\

i mean besides being a mewtwo ripoff, what does it have that others don't???

The Scientist
May 14th, 2009, 04:37 AM
Ok, As for the earlier mention of being bored, I meant going back and forth with SL there. Not the thread. I'd like to see if this could get more back on topic from here on out, seeing as this has essentially become an argument (as per dream-epilogue's comment). I'm glad it's at it's conclusion, myself. That aside...

How do dark pokemon manage to ignore psychic attacks so easily? Surely it's not a mental thing, because Alakazam and the like easily manipulate inanimate objects.

Well, Dark-types are known to have vicious, malicious minds and intentions, to the point where releasing their aura is damaging (Dark Pulse). Psychic-types have very sensitive minds and have shown that they are capable of telepathy. When a dark type is nearby, the strong malicious intent is enough to overwhelm them and stifle the Psychic-type's mental abilities. This aura is also given off by Ghosts (Banette may have the strongest due to its angry origins), hence the Psychic-type's weakness to them.

Now about PokeBalls, I want to debate someone over the converting into energy thing. See, I missed it the first time it came around, and I think I raise a valid point in that energy takes up more volume than solid matter.

I've been working on how a PokeBall can do what it does, and I'm thinking that it disintergrates (!) the target and keeps both its consciousness and genotype in the PokeBall shell. The genotype is stored permanently, which is why two Pokemon cannot be caught in the same PokeBall, and inanimate objects (like riceballs) don't get disintergrated.

Anyway, upon being summoned, the PokeBall re-intergrates the Pokemon using the genetic data as a blueprint, then transfers the consciousness into the body.

And about the question asked above, Pokemon can hear and possibly see what is going on around them while in their Pokeballs (this is based on multiple instances in the show).

Also, it has been mentioned multiple times in multiple places that PokeBalls contain a "comfortable virtual world".

Inkfingers
May 14th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Ya dark pokemon are very tactical and vengeful. They are a threat to phsycic pokemon, which weakens their abilities.

Nieto I .ike that assumption. But you're wrong(just kidding) But my friend ame up with a theory of being transferred into data, which also explains how they're able to be comported into a computer server. and didn't you say something about the human genome and data or something like that? If you know what I'm talking about and find it, please post the comment. Thank oyu.

Andcetera
May 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Lol i find it funny, this thread ohohoho
Imma play along harhar.
I have a question ,i dunno if its been awsnerd or not, by how does jigglypuff put people/pokemon to sleep with its music? Or any other pokemon that knows sing for that matter?

The Scientist
May 14th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Neiteio, I like that assumption, but you're wrong (just kidding). My friend came up with a theory of being transferred into data, which also explains how they're able to be comported (?) into a computer server. And didn't you say something about the human genome and data or something like that? If you know what I'm talking about and find it, please post the comment. Thank you.

Fixed.

...the human genome takes up approximately 20MB of data. The inner shell of the PokeBall could be receptive, like a hard disc, and thus hold the Pokemon's consciousness and data.

Sauce is the NHGRI (National Human Genome Research Institute). I stumbled across it when I was doing a research paper on the potential of gene therapy being used for criminal rehabilitation (i.e. which genes are responsible for aggression, weak impulse control, etc.).

Anyway, yes, that is identical to what I posted: the data used in Pokemon transferring is a two-part file: the Pokemon's consciousness and its genetic data.

Also, Electric Soldier Porygon: proof that the Pokemon world has the technology necessary to convert sentience into computer data.

Lol i find it funny, this thread ohohoho
Imma play along harhar.
I have a question ,i dunno if its been awsnerd or not, by how does jigglypuff put people/pokemon to sleep with its music? Or any other pokemon that knows sing for that matter?

Don't know if you're trolling or not, but I'll play along.

Sing and Grasswhistle do not derive their effects from the notes sung, but from infrasonic frequencies hidden in the "song".

Infrasonic frequencies are the levels of sound too low to hear. You see, humans show unusual physical symptoms when exposed to specific infrasonic frequencies, particularly 7.16Hz (the infamous "Brown Note", causes nausea) and 14.0Hz (causes irrational anxiety). The two aforementioned sleep moves utilize an infrasonic frequency that causes drowsiness. This results in multiple Pokemon being able to access these moves although they use different songs.

Also related, a frequency of 20MHz cancels out the natural resonance of internal organs, and results in total organ failure. Sounds a lot like Yanmega's Bug Buzz to me...

Infrasonics... brings back some good memories... let's just say I got some nice prizes for my research on infrasonics last year.

Inkfingers
May 14th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Then ya I'll go w/ data transferring ot energy. The combonation of Jigglypuff's melody, rythm, tampo and ptich cause drowsiness kind of like sleeping pills do, only through audio, not consumption. Basically, the way it's voice sounds when it sings stimulates the brain and causes extreme drowsiness, leading to automatic sleep.

Andcetera
May 14th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Don't know if you're trolling or not, but I'll play along.

LOL
No, i actual am not, i just thought it was funny that such a thread like this exsist where people give scientific reasons for events and such from a childs game.

And what you discribed for the reason for why people/pokemon fall asleep is interesting.
Thank you for your awnser.

Inkfingers
May 15th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Andcetera
Thanks for the comment, we try our best.

Any more questions? Bring it on!

May 15th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I have a question, if I may.

Miltank produces more than five gallons of milk a day. Five gallons of milk weighs 43lb. Now, cow milk is about 66 calories per 100g (though Miltank's is said to contain more nutrition, possibly meaning more calories). If we take 1 pound is equal to exactly 453.59237g, them Miltank produces 19504.47191g of milk daily, containing around 12870 calories. Grass is about 64 calories per pound, meaning that Miltank would have to eat more than 200 pounds of grass just to balance out the milk! This means that (even discounting the energy that is used for movement, is lost through heat, leaves the body in waster products, etc.) Miltank has to eat more than its own body weight in grass every day.

So, how do farmers successfully keep herds of several Miltank without turning the whole of Johto into a desert thanks to their voracious appetites?

Note: Miltank also produces enough energy in its milk to support six full grown men.

Inkfingers
May 15th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Three words: Genetically enhanced grass. Next question.

Åzurε
May 16th, 2009, 05:21 AM
I say, the same way a person eats 1 pound of chocolate and gains 5 pounds of butt. XP
Perhaps the grass is different, and it contains more calories per pound than real grass does, or they eat other things as well. Cows are well known for eating grass and hay, but Miltank could easily consume other things, perhaps even meat. Something to think about.

Inkfingers
May 16th, 2009, 09:22 AM
(for my theory) The grass has been grown with some sort of chemical or other substance that modifies Miltank's physical and mental abilities.

BTW ILM how far did you look into that question?

drunk ¬_¬
May 16th, 2009, 10:48 AM
(for my theory) The grass has been grown with some sort of chemical or other substance that modifies Miltank's physical and mental abilities.

BTW ILM how far did you look into that question?

^ That was f***ed up man...
| Here you have someone who took their time to think up an interesting question for you to answer regarding Pokemon...
| And you come up with THIS???

At the beginning of the thread you state that you'll give SCIENTIFIC answers to our Pokemon-related questions... and sincerely, there's nothing SCIENTIFIC about: "birds fly 'cause they got wings"

I'd be pissed if I was ILayM...

but i'll give you a chance:

Kecleon is based on a chameleon, and his ability to become invisible is based on a chameleon's ability to camouflage,

a chameleon, however, can NOT turn invisible, they change colors depending on their surroundings to either camouflage OR catch a opposite sexed chameleon's attention,

even so, a chameleon's ability to camouflage can be easily distinguishable because of the angle from which you look at it

(for example a brown chameleon on a tree can be found easily diagonally up because you see the brown silhouette against the greenery of the tree, but a bird who looks down at it will have a harder time)

therefore, Kecleon's ability must be to turn INVISIBLE since light isn't refracted from it (meaning it's not transparent, that would make it still visible), and it can move freely and be [not] seen from many directions at a time

Therefore,
"What gives Kecleon it's ability to become INVISIBLE???"

May 16th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I might just steal an explanation from the Artemis Fowl series, where the idea is given that if something vibrates at a frequency too fast for eyes to follow, it will appear invisible. However, I don't think that's particularly accurate.

Perhaps Kecleon can rotate its scales to reflect light in a way that it throws up a projection of what's behind it. However, this theory suffers the problem which you stated of being at exactly the right angle.

Perhaps Kecleon in fact remains perfectly visible, but instead exhales a hallucinogenic gas that provides the illusion of it being invisible. The problem of this is why it would leave its red stripe invisible, if it can control the illusion to such a degree.

A similar thing would be possible if it had psychic powers, buit the red stripe problem remains and Kecleon is not a psychic type.

I'm struggling here...

Wait, I might have got it! If you dip a beaker of glass into a liquid that has the same refractive index as glass, it seems to disappear. This is because we only see things underwater because the light bends when it travels between substances. However, if the two substances have the same refractive index, no refraction occurs and the object immersed in the liquid appears invisible. Perhaps, Kecleon can release a chemical of some kind into its body which gives it the refractive index of air, but the dye in its red stripe prevents this chemical from working somehow.

That theory's probably filled with holes, but its the best I could come up with. Anyone else got any ideas?

EDIT: if anyone doesn't get the refractive index, there's a demonstation of the beaker experiment on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOKKwCTKpwg)

dukecrescentlovevia .
May 16th, 2009, 10:09 PM
why . .
why . .
a machoke that turns into a machamp get additional hands ?
why . .
why . .
we should maxed its beauty if we want our feebas evolves to a milotic ?
what . .
what . .
is the excretion organ of a giratina ?
why . .
why . .
pokemon guru ? not pokemon prof or pokemon master or pokemon scientist ?

Åzurε
May 17th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Uh, drunk, have you been reading this? No? Go back a couple of pages....
Ok, all done? Good. We've had problems with this before. Don't start it up again, please.

Questions! Alrighty, then...
Machoke/Machamp: Can't think anything yet. ><
Milotic: It's just that ugly. XD Feebas must have a certain amount of a chemical needed to evolve, which other pokemon either produce or obtain through other ways, such as by battling (adrenaline?) or relaxation. Because of it's genetics, it can't gain enough of said substance through simply leveling up, but it's metabolism can create this from eating certain compounds found in poffin and pokeblocks, especially in dry-flavored ones.
Giratina: I'd assume it has an anus like any other living(?) creature, but pokemon seem to be able to hide such things very well... as an alternate, it could, theoretically, simply diffuse toxins into the air, say, through it's "wings" of some such.
Guru: it sounds neat.

Inkfingers
May 17th, 2009, 01:49 PM
As stated on Pokemon.com's pokedex, Kecleon "can freely change its body color. How you can't see that it's not invisible? Well this is a really hard question and my guess is that Kecleon evolved from a chameleon and overr time has mastered being camoflouged at all angles by projecting and image of everything around it, giving it the illusion of being invisible. BTW, how was my answer for miltank crappy?

That's simply just a perk of being a machoke. It gets extra arms and hands for added intimidation, protection, and strength.

Feebas has an odd body and chemical structure. The nutrients and everything else in the poffin and pokeblocks are the only way that a feebas can evolve due to its chemical balance. So it's basically what mOOg said.

The anus, which is located at the end of the stomach

Pokemon master has a meaning of its own(caught all pokemon or whatever it is, Ash brings it up thousands of times) Pokemon proffesors don't know everything about pokemon. Now I'm not saying I do either, but I really can't answer any quetions with an I don't know, otherwise, I would HAVE to call myself pokemon prof. By saying pokemon guru, it seems like I know everything about pokemon, so that means that anyone can ask ANY question about pokemon. Or it might just be 'cause it's neat.

May 17th, 2009, 02:14 PM
As stated on Pokemon.com's pokedex, Kecleon "can freely change its body color. How you can't see that it's not invisible? Well this is a really hard question and my guess is that Kecleon evolved from a chameleon and overr time has mastered being camoflouged at all angles by projecting and image of everything around it, giving it the illusion of being invisible.

Erm, what? That ain't really an answer. I could say "I can fly because I've mastered it" but it still doesn;t explain even slightly how I actually manage to fly. (I can't fly, btw. That was an example)

That's simply just a perk of being a machoke. It gets extra arms and hands for added intimidation, protection, and strength.

Fair enough...though it is interesting to note that IRL, the animals with the most limbs (i.e. Starfish, octopi, squid) are not particularly high up on the evolutionary scale

Feebas has an odd body and chemical structure. The nutrients and everything else in the poffin and pokeblocks are the only way that a feebas can evolve due to its chemical balance. So it's basically what mOOg said.

hang on, a natural creature has evolved in a way that is dependant on a man-made substance? How long have pokeblocks/poffins been around for, exactly, if they've started influencing evolution.

The anus, which is located at the end of the stomach

Technically, the anus is an egestion organ, not an excretion organ. Excretion specifically refers to waste products formed within the body (such as urea and CO2)

But that's just me being a bit anal XD

Pokemon master has a meaning of its own(caught all pokemon or whatever it is, Ash brings it up thousands of times) Pokemon proffesors don't know everything about pokemon. Now I'm not saying I do either, but I really can't answer any quetions with an I don't know, otherwise, I would HAVE to call myself pokemon prof. By saying pokemon guru, it seems like I know everything about pokemon, so that means that anyone can ask ANY question about pokemon. Or it might just be 'cause it's neat.

I like your last suggestion the best :P

Åzurε
May 17th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Uh, influencing evolution has been done before... Remember the metal coat? And Scyther?

Anyways, I meant that it does in fact create the substance, but not in large enough quantities.

May 17th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Fair enough, but Scyther could easily find metal by itself. Feebas, like you said, can't get enough of this chemical on its own and needs humans for it, whereas for scyther, having humans help simply quickens the process.

Åzurε
May 17th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Hmm. Okay, revision: It's rare but possible for Feebas to get enough of what is in the Poffin to process and evolve. It depends on the type of food in the area, the mineral content of the water in which it lives, and a bit of chance.

Inkfingers
May 17th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I don' get what doesn't make sense. Over time they've learnmed to master it. How do they do it? By projecting images of everything around throughout its entire body. What's so hard about that?

Well I have two theories for feebas. Feebas used to get the nutrients needed to evolve from a certain crill in the water that later thinned out and is now extinct. Scientists then discovered their chemical makeup and put it in pokeblocks and poffin

The other is that scientists created pokeblocks and poffin and fed all types to all pokemon. They discovered that feebas loved the stuff and they continued to feed it and it eventually evolved. Thus, the discovery of milotic.

Yams
May 18th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Feebas evolves from exposure to certain chemicals in dry berries. Those chemicals are amplified when heat is applied in the cooking of Pokeblocks/Poffins/ That is why wild Milotics are an extremely rare sight, but the Milotic species became more common after the creation of Poffins/Pokeblocks. Certain aspects of the berries used for it's evolution just happen to give a certain sheen that increases the Beauty of the Pokemon.

About Scyther evolving to Scizor, the Metal Coat is not normal metal, it contains a specific mineral (that can be found naturally) that gives off a radiation similar to evolution stones. When that Scyther has a lot of experience (literal experience in battle and such) it will evolve from the radiation of the metal coat(hence why you need to trade)
Thats the best I could come up with, and I realize the last part with the trading makes less sense as well, but I'm tired so oh well.

Åzurε
May 18th, 2009, 09:53 PM
well, the Metal Coat must be traded with Scyther in the games, which lends to the item fusion theory I forgot about.

The Scientist
May 19th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Wow, I go on vacation for a few days and this place falls apart! London was great, BTW.

So, how do farmers successfully keep herds of several Miltank without turning the whole of Johto into a desert thanks to their voracious appetites?

Before I attempt to answer this, I'll need to know if those figures you gave were for calories or Calories (aka. food calorie aka. Kilocalorie). Also, Miltank may not only eat grass... Maybe the Miltank have a photosynthesis-like system that converts oxygen and water into glucose, which it uses to supplement its milk. Instead of sunlight, it could run on body heat?

why . .
a machoke that turns into a machamp get additional hands ?

Based on the trend of Machop evolving into Machoke, it seems that that series' line increases in muscle mass. Considering that the Mach- line is all about upper-body strength, it is relatively straightforward that the Machoke's arms will gain a drastic muscle mass increase. However, if that muscle mass were to double, the arm would be immobile and useless. Therefore, all that muscle had to be rationed out into multiple arms.

why . .
we should maxed its beauty if we want our feebas evolves to a milotic ?

Like its equally-shoddy cousin Magikarp, Feebas' evolution completely psychological. While Magikarp's evolution is primarily based on anger or frustration, Feebas evolves when it feels confident and beautiful. Surely there are other, natural ways for this to happen, but the unusual properties of Poffins/Pokeblocks make this condition more easily met.

what . .
is the excretion organ of a giratina ?

I don't think Giratina eats. Considering that it and its buddies Dialga and Palkia were around before the Earth (and food) were created, this makes some sense. Giratina derives its "nourishment" from the energy fields of the Distorted Dimension, which is why it changes into its more powerful form when in proximity to its home dimension or a fragment of that dimension (Griesous Orb). It becomes less powerful in our world because the energy from its home fades over the interdimensional gap.

"What gives Kecleon it's ability to become INVISIBLE???"

Kecleon does not become invisible. All of the cells on its body (except its stripe) are like octopus cells, in that they contain small pigment alteration sacs. When Kecleon sees something, it can consciously control the pigment release in its skin to mimic the environment. Remember that chameleons have a 360 field of vision, so it can alter its skin-image (i.e. imitate parallax) in real-time based on the perspective of its viewers.

Watch some octopus camouflage videos on YouTube and you'll see how complex their camouflage system is compared to that of the chameleon.

Swampoleongaurdian
May 19th, 2009, 06:32 PM
How come Pokemon of one species can have babies with another species when animals of real life don't do that?
:cer_eek:

The Scientist
May 20th, 2009, 07:18 AM
How come Pokemon of one species can have babies with another species when animals of real life don't do that?
:cer_eek:

Actually, IRL animals CAN breed interspecially. Do you mean to tell me that you have never heard of a mule? Of a liger? Of a zebronkey (or whatever the hell they're calling it now)?

Anyway, animals can breed interspecially when they have a recent common ancestor. For example, lions and tigers have a recent common ancestor that was very similar to them and was in the genus felis. Same thing with horses, donkeys, zebras, and other equines.

Now all the Pokemon are apparently direct descendants of Mew. Below Mew are the Ancient Pokemon: Aerodactyl, Relicanth, Kabutops, Lileep, etc... one for every Egg Group that exists today. Below these ancient Pokemon are the current 400+ that we know and love today.

Considering that there have not been any reports of a fish Pokemon being evolutionarily placed between Magikarp and Relicanth, all Pokemon have one direct, recent, common ancestor. This makes them close enough to breed interspecially. However, the distance between Egg Groups is further, as the differing Group's common ancestor, Mew, is too far away. If this is too confusing, I'll make a chart later.

The Pokemon that came before Mew, i.e. the other Legendaries responsible for creating the Universe/world, cannot breed.

templekeeper
May 20th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Cool...I do plenty of this on my own, but I wanna see what you say.

There's no magic in pokemon, so how do devices like this (http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/074/I60.jpg) "capture" them?

Åzurε
May 20th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Ahh... The spoon for containing the giant jigglypuff. I haven't seen that in a long time. And who said there wasn't magic in pokemon? It's not as obvious as in, say, Eragon, but it's definitely there. Anyhow, it's obviously speculative, but the inside is likely a variation of the material which allows Apricorns to capture pokemon- as previously stated by me- either collected from the nuts, or synthesized by means lost to present-day pokemon worlders. If you haven't read this much, the material converts the pokemon into energy and stores them, and their consciousness (this is where my own ideas come in) is stored in another material, such as a layer of the nut at the energetic center of the capturing element. there's probably a carefully-extracted piece of apricorn preserved right below the scoop of the spoon.

May 20th, 2009, 09:54 AM
@Neiteio - yeah, it was food calories.

Btw, good idea for Feebas :D

Regarding the octopus thing here's a good video for anyone who's curious (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmDTtkZlMwM&feature=related)

I think that pretty much clears up Kecleon :P

Regarding the spoon thing, its important to note that the Pokemon world appears to be a semi-futuristic version of our own, in regards to technology. The 'spoon' could have been based on the same technology as the Pokeball but just shaped a different way, wih its circuitry and everything hidden.

Inkfingers
May 20th, 2009, 12:37 PM
The amazing capturing spoon

It transfers pokemon into data(like a pokeball) and stores it in a pokemon containment area, just as a pokeball does. It's just shaped differently though. This occours when the back of the spoon is stroked backward(to release the pokemon) or forward(to retrieve it) which is detected by the motion sensor located on the back of the spoon. how does the spoon release the pokemon though I mean a pokeball opens up, you may ask. The head of the spoon has a very complex set of technology in it which uses magnets to transfer the pokemon into data.

Breeding

Nice guess nietio, (sorry to correct you)but if two pokemon were to cross breeed like you say, the pokemon would be a mix of the two and be a whole new species, kind of like a mule. So if you were to cross a swampert and empoleon(this one's for you) you'd get a swampoleon. It would have physical traits of the two pokemon.

Here's my theory The dominant and recessive game is played here, only to and extreme. when the two different species of pokemon breed, the one with the dominant traits takes over and they get the physical appearence, but the recessive traits give the pokemon it's emotional and mental abilities. Hows that?

May 20th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that Pokespecial stated at one point that All Pokemon are technically one species, and the different types are actually sub-species.

The Scientist
May 20th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Nice guess nietio, (sorry to correct you)but if two pokemon were to cross breeed like you say, the pokemon would be a mix of the two and be a whole new species, kind of like a mule. So if you were to cross a swampert and empoleon(this one's for you) you'd get a swampoleon. It would have physical traits of the two pokemon.

Here's my theory The dominant and recessive game is played here, only to and extreme. when the two different species of pokemon breed, the one with the dominant traits takes over and they get the physical appearence, but the recessive traits give the pokemon it's emotional and mental abilities. Hows that?

Good catch, man. Well let's see... In Pokemon breeding, the egg always takes the species of the mother. Humans have maternal mitochondrial DNA but not paternal, so maybe maternal DNA is stronger somehow...

Inkfingers
May 20th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Wait, it's ALWAYS the mother!? Oh then my first theory was right I thought "this is pokemon, the games are known to glitch now and then, so I wanted to play it safe. Now I know that the mother births the baby, but so much has happened in these games, and I never really paid attentyion to the details. Here's my theory:

It's kind of similar to the last one The mother's traits and genes(all physical and half emotional and mental) are always dominant to the male pokemon(after all, it IS the one who has to go through that hell to get the egg out) It plays a very importanat role in birth. So Girl Power!

Åzurε
May 20th, 2009, 07:39 PM
XDDD
On that note, If it was in fact a case of HSOWA, with the Skitty being female, that would... be a problem. Hence, the offspring would need to be the same species as the mom for the correct kind and amount of nutrition.

Inkfingers
May 22nd, 2009, 12:23 PM
Hey mOOg, whats HSOWA? btw love your new sig.

May 22nd, 2009, 01:15 PM
HSOWA is an acronym for Hot Skitty On Wailord Action - a reference to the fact that due to the mechanics of the games, Skitty can breed with Wailord, despite the massive difference in size.

Its just as well that the species is always the same as the female...imagine a female skitty laying a wailmer egg o.O

Inkfingers
May 22nd, 2009, 02:21 PM
Oh wow. Well the female traits, no matter what species is always dominant compared to the male. BTW I just want to point something out.

Some things in pokemon may nnot make as much sense to you as others but that doesn't mean it's not possible. I mean here are some amazing animal facts(some of these are obvious but still amaze me at the animal's ability)

When a hippo gets nervous, its sweats red sweat
Parrots mimic exact sounds of what they hear
A chameleon can change it's body color as well as an octopus can
An ant can support ten times its own body weight
Montana moutntain goats butt heads so hard, that their hooves fall off
A cheetah can reach a top speed of 70mph
A hippo can run faster than a man
The Gallapagos turtlle has a potential life span of 200yrs.
The Honey badger can withstand millinos of bee stings and live, that would kill a human in one sting
According to scientists, whale songs rhyme
For every 1 person there are 200million insects. There are 6,767,169,090 people in the world as of March 17th 2009. So that means there are 1,353,433,818,000,000,000 Insects in the world! and the number keeps rising!
And this one's just flat out interesting: At the end of Paul McCartney's song "A Day ln the Life" an ultrasonic whistle is played only audible for dogs.

And this is nothing compared to all of the other animal facts.

Source: http://www.pickbrains.com/articles/animal-facts

Inkfingers
May 23rd, 2009, 07:55 PM
Next question please. Anything pokemon. Try to stump me, I bet you can't.

PokeCards
May 23rd, 2009, 11:34 PM
good point thats werid like what do they do in the pokeball?

May 24th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Question

Upon evolution, where does Kadabra's spoon come from? Or Hitmonchan's clothes and gloves, for that matter? And Machoke/Machamps exceedingly tight underwear?

The Scientist
May 24th, 2009, 06:37 AM
good point thats werid like what do they do in the pokeball?

They relax in a virtual world. Not quite sure what it's like, but I'm thinking something like the Hyperbolic Time Chamber from DBZ. Or perhaps, since the Pokemon's consciousness is stored in the ball, it uses that data to generate a custom world for each Pokemon.

Question

Upon evolution, where does Kadabra's spoon come from? Or Hitmonchan's clothes and gloves, for that matter? And Machoke/Machamps exceedingly tight underwear?

The Spoon is generated as the Abra evolves. It is a physical manifestation of excess psychic powers (note that Alakazam, who is stronger, gains another Spoon). However, the Spoon is still connected to Kadabra's internal energy supply, which is why if a Kadabra loses its spoon, its psychokinetic powers are weakened.

As far as Hitmonchan goes, I'm not quite sure whether it's wearing clothes or just looks like it's wearing clothes (e.g. Gardevior's "dress"). When a Tyrogue evolves, it'll actively seek out a Fighting Pokemon center, like Saffron's Fighting Dojo or the P1 League (lol, Ash's Primeape) where it can get training equipment and gloves.

Machoke and Machamp's "underwear" is actually a restraint belt to keep them from destroying everything they touch. That alone should be evidence that they are not natural, and before any sort of human interference, Machoke and Machamp didn't have the garments. That said, it is safe to conclude that the restraint belt is distributed by people. However, unlike Hitmonchan going to a training gym to get its gloves, Machoke's belt is sent directly to the data storage system in the PokeBall. When Machop's power level gets dangerously high (OVER 9000), the PokeBall generates the belt that was stored in its memory.

Åzurε
May 24th, 2009, 01:32 PM
It's always at least 100 but never over 9000. that's how it works here. *ness-nod*

I think it's kinda funny that humans would distribute clothes to pokemon, Be it for decency or helping the pokemon. My opinion on Hitmonchan is that the punches it throws could kill too easily, or break 'chan's arms. hence, they distribute the gloves. Same case for Primeape. In the case of the latter, it could also explain why hitmonchan are so rare.

For the tight tight tights on Machoke, and the clothes on Hitmontop and Hitmonchan, I have a feeling they were for decency, the seem to thin to be good for much else...

Inkfingers
May 24th, 2009, 10:00 PM
What you doin?
Pokemon are converted into data and restored to a miniature size(check out the pokemon manga. You can see a smaller pokemon through it) and have a virtual world projected all around them. The projector projects the correct virtual enviroment based on the pokemon DNA which is scanned in less than a second. They just play and have fun in their virtual enviroment. The pokeball uses a lot of nanotechnology.
The amazing spoon(part 2)
Since Abra's knowledge grows higher and higher as it evolves(Alakazam's IQ is 5000) It gets the ability to take any metal around it any atal andform it into a spoon. That's the best I got.
Tighties!
Hitmonchan's appearence makes it look like a boxer. It's just its physical appearence.
Macoke and Machamps belt are like how a snake sheds it's skin and a cicada sheds it's shell. It grows it, and the belt has a toxin, not lethal, but a toxin that stops machoke from destroying everything in sight.

Inkfingers
May 26th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Next questions please. Bet you can't beat me.

The Scientist
May 27th, 2009, 04:41 AM
Alright Inkfingers, here's a question: when you make a post like "Ask me a question, I bet you can't stump me", is that a sneaky self-bump or are you just eager and/or impatient?

Minor Edit: I was just reading Mistermagius' "Let the stars decide what pokemon you are!" thread, and apparently your sign is a Bidoof.

You have my condolences.

Inkfingers
May 27th, 2009, 12:40 PM
WEl I love answering this questions it really makes me think and I love it. Also, when I say stuff like that it makes people say. I got it! He can't get this one!. Then when I answer it(cuz I haven't been able to answer one yet) they're dissapointed, get pissed off and it makes me look better. Everyone wins.

Bidoof
Ya I was actually really dissapointed on that. But if you haven't done it, what MM does is he asks you your bday, takes your horoscope(I'm a pices) and picks a few elements. You pick the ones that best go w/ your personality and tell him and he picks the pokemon. And I wound up with Bidoof. But who cares, I'm a Frickin MEW!

The Scientist
May 27th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Bidoof
Ya I was actually really dissapointed on that. But if you haven't done it, what MM does is he asks you your bday, takes your horoscope(I'm a pices) and picks a few elements. You pick the ones that best go w/ your personality and tell him and he picks the pokemon. And I wound up with Bidoof. But who cares, I'm a Frickin MEW!

Heh. The old Pokemon horoscope thing I did said my sign was a Chimecho (two days away from being a Xatu!), and another test said my personality was an Alakazam. I've also been compared to a Medicham a few times, in both appearance (lol?) and demeanor. Can't escape those Psychic-types...

I prefer the Chinese zodiac over the Western, though, as there are many more potential combinations: everyone has a sign, year, element, and polarity. For example, I am a Rabbit born in the year of the Metal Horse and my polarity is Yang. I find it interesting though that people born under both my Chinese year (Horse) and Western sun sign (Scorpio) are described as extremely sexeh.

Two completely separate cultures independently arrive at the same conclusion? That can't be a mere coincidence.

Donnie
May 28th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Next questions please. Bet you can't beat me.
Cut the ego.

What you doin?
Pokemon are converted into data and restored to a miniature size(check out the pokemon manga. You can see a smaller pokemon through it) and have a virtual world projected all around them. The projector projects the correct virtual enviroment based on the pokemon DNA which is scanned in less than a second. They just play and have fun in their virtual enviroment. The pokeball uses a lot of nanotechnology.
The amazing spoon(part 2)
Since Abra's knowledge grows higher and higher as it evolves(Alakazam's IQ is 5000) It gets the ability to take any metal around it any atal andform it into a spoon. That's the best I got.
Tighties!
Hitmonchan's appearence makes it look like a boxer. It's just its physical appearence.
Macoke and Machamps belt are like how a snake sheds it's skin and a cicada sheds it's shell. It grows it, and the belt has a toxin, not lethal, but a toxin that stops machoke from destroying everything in sight.
According to a post a while back, it has been proved that Pokemon are turned into energy, not data and stored into the Pokeball.

Åzurε
May 28th, 2009, 08:25 AM
... I can't believe we haven't gotten this one already. XD

Ok, In the specific case of the regi pokemon, I'd say it absorbs whatever it can out of the lemonade (or other drinks) through pores, and the flavoring, dye, etc. are not. I really don't like this answer, so I'll come back and change and/or revise it.

ShinjisLover
May 28th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah, sorry, even though I said I wouldn't post here, I have some things I don't agree with. One being comparing things to the manga.

Pokemon are converted into data and restored to a miniature size(check out the pokemon manga. You can see a smaller pokemon through it) and have a virtual world projected all around them.

No, the manga is not canon. Hell, the anime isn't really canon either. The games are canon, pure and simple. In the games, Pokémon are converted to energy and I stand by that considering the anime/manga doesn't follow canon correctly all the time.

Next questions please. Bet you can't beat me.Cut the ego.

I agree with you, Donnie.

Three words: Genetically enhanced grass. Next question.
That's a terrible explanation.

Sorry if I come of as rude, I really am, but maybe you should make your arguments less flawed?

May 28th, 2009, 10:51 AM
No, the manga is not canon. Hell, the anime isn't really canon either. The games are canon, pure and simple. In the games, Pokémon are converted to energy and I stand by that considering the anime/manga doesn't follow canon correctly all the time.

I kinda disagree there. Imho, they are canon...they are just different canons...which means that every question needs about three answeres XD

That's a terrible explanation.

Sorry if I come of as rude, I really am, but maybe you should make your arguments less flawed?

I just realised something....

So, Ink, your 'explanation' was that the grass was genetically modified to contain more energy, right? However, this energy still has to come from somewhere, meaning that the grass would need to photosynthesise at a ridiculous rate. photosynthesis, as we know, requires three things - Carbon Dioxide, Water and Light. For Photosynthesis to happen at such a fast rate, these three would have to be incredibly abundant (and if there was a lot more CO2 in the atmosphere of the Pokemon world, then their climate would be a little different). Remember also that the GM grass would have to compete with the regular grass for these things, and space as well. Seeing as the GM grass needs a helluva lot more light, CO2 and water than regular stuff, it would be at a distinct disadvantage. In fact, the first time there was a cloudy day or it didn't rain for a while, the GM grass would die out completely, thanks to their high requirements.

To summarise - this GM grass would provide enough energy, but logically could not be a successful member of the ecosystem and would most likely die out, once again raising the question of where exactly the Miltank get their energy from.

ShinjisLover
May 28th, 2009, 10:59 AM
I kinda disagree there. Imho, they are canon...they are just different canons...which means that every question needs about three answeres XD

They most certainly aren't canon. The canon is the games. There can't be more than one actual canon. You say they're 'canon in their own way', which really doesn't make any sense at all.

Inkfingers
May 28th, 2009, 11:00 AM
energy was my original theory, butI learned that enrgy takles up more space than matter. Data, however does not.

It's not so much as an ego as it is a challenge. It kind of intimidates the questioneer and more questions come up.

The mouth thing I've answered before w/ poliwhirl. Small mouth that is hidden by dark markings. The pokemon can have a different colored mouth though(to support this some lizards have blue tongues) and that is hidden by different colored markings.

I never said the manga was canon, that was just some support to my theory

The grass could be like steroids I suppose. They have a chemical that speeds up photosynthesis, like talking to plants makes them grow faster, only chemically.

ShinjisLover
May 28th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Obviously, it's hard to support theories without there being actual canon proof.

The Scientist
May 28th, 2009, 11:29 AM
According to a post a while back, it has been proved that Pokemon are turned into energy, not data and stored into the Pokeball.

No, it wasn't. The energy theory was brought up and discussed, but never proven. I think I was the first to propose the digitization theory (and a rebuttal for why energy conversion wouldn't work), and considering that it both made sense and no one really refuted it, it is still valid.

The best we can do is come up with a reasonable theory, post it, and debate it.

Question: How do Pokemon without mouths such as the Regi's drink beverages such as "lemonade" and "fresh water"

Hmm... Now that you mention it, Starmie, Magnemite, Claydol, and the a few of the object-group Pokemon are also capable of "eating" berries and drinking the restorative drinks.

Well, the only thing that makes any sort of sense is absorption through their outer surface. Just pour some Lemonade on that Registeel- it's all good (he'll probably get a bit sticky, though). Berries can be crushed and the juice (the potent part of the berry) absorbed.

Things work this way in [earth] biology, also: the nutrients make their way inside somehow, either by phago-/pinocytosis, absorption, or familiar digestion.

And I'm still working on that Miltank grass thing. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten.

Obviously, it's hard to support theories without there being actual canon proof.

Well, do the games include any specific mention of Pokemon being turned into energy? If so, could you find and reference that for us? I can't seem to find anything about it on my own.

From a strictly canon [video game] perspective, we do know that Pokemon are stored in PCs, which [to me] references some sort of data <-> matter conversion.

May 28th, 2009, 11:38 AM
They most certainly aren't canon. The canon is the games. There can't be more than one actual canon. You say they're 'canon in their own way', which really doesn't make any sense at all.

I respect your opinion and all, but just because its one franchise, it doesn't mean one canon and continuity. The Zelda Games spring to mind, for example. As does the Spider-man frnachise. One could very easily argue that the films and comics have separate but equally accurate canon.

and @Ink - Steroids? May I ask how this chemical influences the rate of photosynthesis exactly? And your comment about talking to plants is a little...unscientific, tbh.

The Scientist
May 28th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I respect your opinion and all, but just because its one franchise, it doesn't mean one canon and continuity. The Zelda Games spring to mind, for example. As does the Spider-man frnachise. One could very easily argue that the films and comics have separate but equally accurate canon.

What ShinjisLover is saying is that Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of Pokemon, only oversaw the creation of the games. A separate company paid for the rights to the series and created the anime and manga (?) afterwards. As such, the games would be the closest to Satoshi's intentions as he was supervising it, whereas the anime and manga creators could slip in whatever they felt like.

Exhibit A: Magical badges in the manga.

May 28th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I get that, but just because it wasn't expressly stated by Tajiri, it doesn't mean it can't be some form of canon.

Inkfingers
May 28th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Nieto just so you know, the data idea was moreso helped by you. That was my original thought, but I didn't think things could be transferred into data. But now I know they can, so just gettin some credit here.

I'll have to research the photosynthesis thing. Talking to plants gives them more carbon dioxide than usual speeeding photosynthesis and helping them grown faster.

BTW badges show that the trainer is a serious master(kinda like how if you stand up to a dog when you first get it when it thinks it's in charge, it'll respect you...usually) The badges are a sign of accomplishment, trust and competition. The pokemomn recognizes you as a respected trainer.

Åzurε
May 29th, 2009, 08:48 AM
In my opinion, Canon is games to manga to anime. Take as much as possible from the games, and if there's something lacking, go to the manga, and then the anime. I haven't read much of the manga (shame on me!), so I will usually skip straight to anime.

Badges: Srs Bizns.

The only thing I can imagine for the Miltank issue is the grass just has a higher calorie count than real grass, or it eats more than that.

The Scientist
May 29th, 2009, 11:00 AM
BTW badges show that the trainer is a serious master(kinda like how if you stand up to a dog when you first get it when it thinks it's in charge, it'll respect you...usually) The badges are a sign of accomplishment, trust and competition. The pokemomn recognizes you as a respected trainer.

Badges: Srs Bizns.

I was more referring to how ridiculous the PokeSpecial badges are.

In Pokémon Special, badges have mystical and mysterious qualities that can somehow increase the power of the Pokémon owned by the Trainer who wields the badges.

Team Rocket used seven Kanto Gym badges to power a machine that combined Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres into a single beast. The machine also had a secret slot for the Earth Badge, which Lance manipulated to further his own goals by turning Cerise Island into a giant badge energy amplifier.

Gym badges = magical artifacts that radiate mystical energy? SRSLY?

May 29th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I'll have to research the photosynthesis thing. Talking to plants gives them more carbon dioxide than usual speeeding photosynthesis and helping them grown faster.

Well, yeah, but you have to spend several hours a day on each plant for this to have a noticeable effect (http://ask.yahoo.com/20030129.html). Can you imagine a farmer spending several hours on every square foot of his land to get what would eventually be a very small increase in their calorie content?

Inkfingers
May 29th, 2009, 03:09 PM
No, no, I know. But i'm saying maybe some chemical was put in the grass to have the same effect, only faster.

May 29th, 2009, 03:52 PM
How exactly would that work? Talking to plants is the idea that you breathe on them while doing it, thereby giving them more CO2. Giving the grass some kind of chemical is not the same as breathing on them in any way whatsoever.

Inkfingers
May 29th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I still don't know. I'm doing research.Maybe there's some mix of chemicals that let it get CO2 faster, absorb sunlight quicker(like solar panels or something) and take in water and maybe have it hold it longer(like a sponge) and use it in a more efficient way, intensifies the light, and takes in more heat. I'll keep searching. Tell me if you find nything like that.

I have another theory. The grass could breed at an extremely fast rate somehow.

templekeeper
May 29th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Explain, please, Harden keeping in mind that pokemon such as Muk, Shedinja, and Pinsir have access to it and are clearly not made of rock.

May 29th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Ok, just realised a BIG question that needs answering. Go watch a clip on Youtube of Pikachu using Thunderbolt or something. Get What the problem is? Look again. Think about one of the defining characteristics of electricity - it moves so fast it seems instantaneous to our eyes. So how the hell does the yellow rat manage to make its attacks travel so damn slowly that they can be blocked or even dodged?

On top of that, how does Pikachu generate such a massive potential difference anyway?

Its Pikachu, the illogical mouse pokemon!

EDIT: To above poster...Muk could possibly cool its goo somehow, causing the goo to solidify and harden. How it would drop its body temperature so rapidly, I don't know, however. Bug types like Pinsir are easier. Bugs have exoskeleton's, right, that function like a suit of armour - hard plates to block, fixed together by weaker joins. In Pinsir's case, this would be gaps between the plates that exposed the fleshy body underneath. When using harden, it contracts the muscles in these gaps, pulling the exoskeleton plates closer together and strengthening its defenses.

That's just my humble opinion, though :P

The Scientist
May 29th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Pikachu could use its bioelectricity to tear apart atoms in the surrounding area, creating a luminescent plasma. The electricity it then "fires" is actually quite weak, but it creates an ionized channel for the plasma to flow through. This electrically-charged plasma is what you see doing the damage, not the electricity itself. Other attacks like Spark and Thunderpunch use familiar electricity, though.

As for how it generates so enough electricity to do these things, when you assume that the bulk of its ranged "electrical" damage is actually delivered via the plasma, things become a bit more plausible. According to various Pokedex entries, the electricity is accumulated naturally and rapidly (even to the point where the Pikachu has to discharge the excess or die). Now electric eels have specialized cells called electrocytes that can generate massive potential differences, up to around 600V. Pikachu has super-efficient electrocytes, the bulk of which are located in its cheeks.

ShinjisLover
May 29th, 2009, 09:00 PM
No, it wasn't. The energy theory was brought up and discussed, but never proven. I think I was the first to propose the digitization theory (and a rebuttal for why energy conversion wouldn't work), and considering that it both made sense and no one really refuted it, it is still valid.Groan. . Here, I'll show you proof. It's been proven. Deal with it.

ssuming the Poké Ball hits it and is not dodged or hit back to the Trainer, the Poké Ball will open, convert the wild Pokémon to an energy form, pull the energy into its hollow center, and then close. (Source (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9_Ball#Mechanics))

The balls convert a Pokémon into energy upon contact, suck it inside, and close automatically. (Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_game_mechanics#Pok.C3.A9_Ball))

When a Poké Ball is thrown at a Pokémon during a capture attempt, or when releasing/withdrawing a trainer's Pokémon, the Pokémon becomes a blob of red light/energy. ([url=http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9_Ball]Source[/url)

The ball converts the Pokémon and any attached items into energy (represented in the anime as a dim red light, but usually portrayed as a flash of stars, bubbles, etc. in the various games), and sucks it inside, closing automatically in the process. (Source - Just Google it; I can't find the url. . O.o)

So, no, it is not a theory. It's what happens.

May 29th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Not to sound argumentative, but where exactly has Bulbapedia/Wikipedia/Wikia Gaming/Random place got their information from. When you see it, the 'common sense' assumption is that its energy, so people would put this in articles without thinking. Its worth noting that Bulbapedia and Wikipedia are both essentially made by the general public. I'm not familiar with Wikia Gaming or whatever the other place was, so I can't comment on those.

ShinjisLover
May 29th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Obviously, if so many sites have the same information, it's true. Bulbapedia has never once lied or had uncited information. They check official Pokémon sites before posting information. And the same usually goes for Wikipedia.

May 30th, 2009, 09:17 AM
And yet we can't seem to find an 'official site' that state it is an energy transfer :\

Inkfingers
May 30th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Pokemon who know harden have the ability to control their molecular structure, and when they use harden, they can't use all of their energy, so they tighten their molecules to make themselves more firm.

It's not that the electrtricity is moving slow, it's just that so much comes out, that it seems slower(this is the best I could come up with in shorttime, so there's probably a whole bunch of holes in this one)

(I've answered this one before)However, pikachu has electricity in it's body, just as humans do. It can control more though due to it's body structure, so in this case size doesn't matter. Now pikachu also has the power to release that energy too, in bigger andsmaller amounts, which explains why some of it's moves are stronger than others, and some only paralyze a victim.

I actually like the energy theory better( and I got the idea from this article about pokemon science) and it had energy conversion on it.

Here
http://www.sciforums.com/encyclopedia/Pokemon

and this explains apricorns! their structure can resist the heat of the energy!

Also sorry to correct you, Nieteio, but eels need to beunderwater in order for their electricity to "work" but the same rules could apply to pikachu if it somehow can do the same thing on land.

Oh and could someone tell me who posted this comment on my rep messages

"Just trying to help, man"

Hey sumner, this one's for you, I was "reminicing" through some of the old post and questions and I came across your blastoise answer(remember w/ the cannons? page 3, question #74) if it's bone, then how is there steel around it? If you can't answer, that's fine, but try it out.

BTW haven't heard from you in a while, how come?

May 31st, 2009, 02:55 AM

Ok, people, before we seal the deal on the energy idea, has anybody solved this problem? It was posted a while back and nobody explained it.

Inkfingers
May 31st, 2009, 08:13 PM
I'm stickin woth my theory: they're converted into energy and their molecules are reesembled into a smaller form of the pokemon.

dream's-epilogue
May 31st, 2009, 08:19 PM
I don't think my question was answered, so...

Assuming Pokemon become energy when they enter Pokeballs, what do they remember when they re-emerge? Is their last memory of entering the Pokeball, even if that was weeks ago? And what about things like aging etc; if a Pokemon is kept in it's ball forever, will it be "immortal" in that it won't age? Or will it, after a given amount of time, simply die in the ball?

I HATE those things; I absolutely refuse to enter one just for the sake of these questions. I'd rather just ask.

Feign
May 31st, 2009, 08:36 PM
Obviously, if so many sites have the same information, it's true. Bulbapedia has never once lied or had uncited information. They check official Pokémon sites before posting information. And the same usually goes for Wikipedia.

And yet we can't seem to find an 'official site' that state it is an energy transfer :\

Lol... see what post secondary has done to us? (Assuming that is why you asked).

Indeed, primary source materials are the best to find.

If anyone is wondering, primary sources, in regards to Pokemon would include:

-the games
-the anime
-interviews with those involved with Pokemon
-guides
-books/magazines (produced by gamefreak)
-TCG

Here's a question though:

Has there been guns (perhaps only harpoons), in Pokemon, aside from the banned episode? Because I remember reading something somewhere a while back, that conflicts would usually be solved by Pokemon battle.

Inkfingers
May 31st, 2009, 08:51 PM
How are you doin in there?
Pokemon remember everything that happened befre entering the ball(and entering the ball itself) They remember everything that happened ouutside(that they see and hear) but pokemon also remember what they hear inside the pokem\ball, for thay can't see(obviously). Their last memory is of what they see, what they hear, or what theyvisualize(if they can remember that). They age just as any other animal, transferred into energy or not. It does age, but you, as a trainer, need to let it out or exercise or it will, unfortunately, die of weakness(sort of). It might not even to lift itself up. It's very sad to watch. *weeps* It does not have food or liquid in the pokeball so again, as a tainer, you need to feed the pokemon.

Don't shoot

Guns are kept safe and are against the law in the world of pokemon. the man of the safari zone illegally kept those guns and team rocket having them is pretty self explanitory. However, (for all you airsoft and paintball fans out ther) non-lethal weapons are legal, but for sport only.

June 1st, 2009, 10:26 AM
I'm stickin woth my theory: they're converted into energy and their molecules are reesembled into a smaller form of the pokemon.

Wouldn't that require fewer molecules to be involved in the smaller model of the pokemon, thereby 'simplifying' the structure of the pokemon? Think of the molecules as pixels - you start with a standard sprite:

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/alipeewee/bulb.png

Then you shrink it, reducing the number of pixels (molecules) in the process:

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/alipeewee/bulb2.png

But when you re-enlarge it, it has more pixels (molecules) but has lost the complicated structure:

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/alipeewee/bulb3.png

Obviously, it would be to a lesser degree than this, but the pokemon's physical form would be affected.

Inkfingers
June 1st, 2009, 10:41 AM
no they don't enlarge, the process is repeated, once in a smaller form and are "called" out of their pokeball and their molecules are once again broken down and are reessembled and come out of the ball the same way they entered, so it's basically reversing the process.

Milke
June 1st, 2009, 11:11 AM
Question: How does Charizard fly? And Garchomp, for that matter. Many pokemon that can learn Fly have wings that are too small to allow them to actually "fly." Maybe glide. And Garchomp doesn't learn fly, but flies in the anime. What's up with that?

June 1st, 2009, 11:14 AM
no they don't enlarge, the process is repeated, once in a smaller form and are "called" out of their pokeball and their molecules are once again broken down and are reessembled and come out of the ball the same way they entered, so it's basically reversing the process.
So then, Pokemon transform into energy, are absorbed by the Pokeball and reassemble into a smaller version inside? That means that some matter/energy is lost, whichever way you cut it, so the Pokeball would not be able to release a fully-sized Pokemon, as it would have lost some energy/matter.

EDIT:
Question: How does Charizard fly? And Garchomp, for that matter. Many pokemon that can learn Fly have wings that are too small to allow them to actually "fly." Maybe glide. And Garchomp doesn't learn fly, but flies in the anime. What's up with that?

My guess would be that the air in Pokemon world is somewhat denser for some reason, allowing heavier pokemon to fly with smaller wings. (think, swimming in water compared to trying to fly). They could also, like dragonair, have some degree of control over wind currents, allowing them to buoy themselves up.

Inkfingers
June 1st, 2009, 11:27 AM
then I'll go with the data theory. Same thing only, they're transferrred in to data. It's just that Shinji said that there are many sources and I went with it so I'll go with the data theory.

Also I thought of a theory for Miltank. Cows actually eat the tips of grass, not the whole blade, so that's why tthe grass is still everywhere,ANd alwys seems to be cut.

flight
this is from draconian.com and tis is how dragons fly. The same rules apply.

The actual force of flight is the continuous down sweep of powerful wings scooping, and thrusting the body upwards. An immature dragon does not have the strength needed for a vertical jump from flat ground to take off. They will usually stay near higher cliffs to use the heat updrafts to keep aloft. It takes a few years of flying to build the extremely strong flight muscles needed to lift the dragon body from the ground. The wings make actually look small for the mass of the dragon, but all dragons have an innate magic ability to help them fly. This magic helps keep dragons from straining themselves during long flights.

They also produce hydrogen to make them lighter.
Here

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/dragons-how-dragons-fly.html

And HERE's where my idea of the fire breathing came from(but I changed min e up a bit by replacing platinum w/ iron pyrite and flint)

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/dragons-firebreathing-explained.html

June 1st, 2009, 01:37 PM
Oh yeah, it's definitely not hydrogen. I forgot the fact that diatomic hydrogen is impossible to make with the body. You will end up with H+ ions instead of the required hydrogen atoms. The H+ would then rupture every membrane it touches lol. And then, the hydrogen gas, if it does form by some manner of impossibility, is small enough to diffuse out of the body.

From when you were arguing with Gymno re: firebreathing. Dragons couldn't use hydrogen to help be more buoyant or whatever :P

Oh and, this is just me getting confused. What was the actual explanation for the Miltank thing that you just gave? I wasn't quite sure what you were getting at...

Åzurε
June 1st, 2009, 03:22 PM
I'm back from a 3-day World Ends With You break! :D

But anyways, I read in this Dragonology book one theory would be something along the lines of having hollow bones with hexagonal honeycomb-type growths (for lack of a better word in my head XD) inside, keeping them solid while losing some weight, and this is combined with filling the outer gaps with lighter-than-air gas. Not Hydrogen! Say, Helium or something.

My one issue with this is that the weight of poke-dragons are already given. :/ in other words, pretty dang heavy. But on the other hand, they generally aren't the size of your typical European-style dragons. So, that, combined with proper scaly flying technique leads me to believe that this would be a decent answer.

Inkfingers
June 2nd, 2009, 08:18 AM
Okay, I saw it on Animal Planet, which, when you think about it is legit, however It is possible to be wrong so I don't know. It makes sense to me. I do own Dragonology so I'll give you the direct quotes about their theories on fire and flight. I pretty much mixed the D-logy and AP ones together, that's how I" came up with my theory.

Flight
"The laws of flight say that dragons, like bees, can't fly, when in fact they can. Their aerial skill is assisted by the dragon's ability to bend its wings and rotate them quickly in their sockets and also by the fact that dragon bones are lightweight and hollow like those of birds."

HOW DRAGONS BREATHE FIRE
"Essentially, fire breathing is made possible through adaption of venom glands, such as those of commonly found cobras or asps. As with these snakes, dragon venom comes from two especially adapted teeth, or fangs. Dragons who can breathe fire secrete a piece of flint and a piece of iron pyrite in a special pouch in their mouths, jiggling them to produce the spark to light the venom. Explanations involving methane gases of iron teeth are unscientific nonsense.

Miltank is a cow(obviously), And when cows graze, they don't eat the whole blade of grass. They eat the tips. So, I guess the reason on how there is enough grass to keep the vegation at a steady rate is because Miltank don't eat the entire part of the grass. This also keeps the lawn cut in johto and other regions.

June 2nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
Miltank is a cow(obviously), And when cows graze, they don't eat the whole blade of grass. They eat the tips. So, I guess the reason on how there is enough grass to keep the vegation at a steady rate is because Miltank don't eat the entire part of the grass. This also keeps the lawn cut in johto and other regions.

Doesn't make sense. The original point of the question was that Miltank need to take in a ridiculous amount of calories and would have to eat unrealistic amounts of grass to survive. If they were just eating the tips, that means Miltank would have to travel even further to get enough food and Miltank farms would end up covering practically the whole of Johto.

Inkfingers
June 2nd, 2009, 06:12 PM
Okay than, the best I can come up with is high calorie grass, I suppose. Or the grass could spontaniously grow I guess(after they eat it. I doubt that would work though.

Inkfingers
June 3rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
Alright, next questions please.

June 3rd, 2009, 12:23 PM
Nice shameless thread bumping :D

Here's my question - How does the whole economy of the Pokemon world work? Almost everybody seems to be a gym leader, policeman, nurse or Pokemon trainer. We've seen a couple of historians and criminals, but one has to wonder how the government provides what seems to be a full free healthcare service for both people and Pokemon, when so many people are being Pokemon trainers and therefore don't get any money. Look at Ash as an example. He never seems to earn any money, bbut he always has enough food and stuff. So do Pokemon centres feed you for free as well? If they do, then where the hell is all of this money coming from?

templekeeper
June 3rd, 2009, 03:46 PM
^Ash roughs it and eats off the land, duh. Brock makes everything from scratch with ingredients found in the great outdoors.
As far as the occupations in the world of pokemon go, I look at it like this; say the story was about a regular doctor (like in Season 1, for example). Who would the characters be? We'd have other doctors, medical students, nurses, secretaries, ill people, and insurance companies. Where's Team Rocket? Where's Looker? Where's the crazy chick from Johto with the blue hair? Nobody cares about any of them in our medical story since they have no place from this vantage point. In Ash's world, do we need lawyers? Do we need vikings? Do we need chemists? No, Ash's world revolves around Gym leaders and contest celebrities.
So...not everyone is a Gym leader, Joy, Jenny, or shady character; they just happen to be the types Ash runs into on a regular basis.
Ahh, the government...it is safe to assume that the Pokemon Centers are subsidised to ensure that they stay open until you realise how remote some of them are. The one in the Charmander episode (yes, Season 1 again) was quite literally in the middle of nowhere. So they must be getting revenue from someplace. We know they got pop machines. They probably overprice their drinks. And there's another factor here: Joys tend to be philanthropic. I think the episode's actually called 'The Joy of Pokemon', and it runs on about how this Joy kayaks from island to island to do...something...you get where I'm goin' with this. Since they are so caring people (it runs in the family), they're not too concerned with mula on a day-to-day basis. Wait, in that case...the Joy family probably has so much wealth because Pokemon Centers are ubiquitous that they can fund their electricity and equipment (seriously, how much power could a machine designed to nurse a Cherubi back to health require?) without giving it a second thought.

I was egg-hatching today, and I noticed that the Bicycle can make a 180 without rotating. How does this work?

Inkfingers
June 3rd, 2009, 04:33 PM
Trainers pay with a system known as pokepoints. They are calculated through the pokedex and are transferred when all of the users pokemon faint(the pokedex reads this by detecting brain activity and thermal readings) 100 pokepoints equals 1 dollar. Pokemarts only accept pokepoints, but there are normal stores in the pokemon world as well(grocery stores, malls, all that stuff) but they pay tyhrough money. Adults, if they're lucky and good enough become pokemon league members and gym leaders and get paid to be one. Real world jobs are still around though. Venders, artist, archeologists, actors/actresses, and pro sports still apply. Pokepoints can be transfeered into money. So if a trainer grows up and doesn't want to be a trainer anymore, he/she converts his/her pokepoints for money. So if you saved up 1,000,000 pokepoints(miraculously, I might add) you'd have 10,000 dollars.

I hate answering question like this but... That is simply a game thing. In R/S/E you jump in the air and do a 180 trun. The reason you don't see the process of turning is simply to save time. If you don't like that answer as much as I do, then they do it so fast that it seems as if they haven't turned at all.