PDA

View Full Version : Arceus

Inkfingers
April 27th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Okay so I love the first two series of pokemon the most, so I don't really care much for the 3rd and 4th gen, but I've started to look and it's aliright to me. I think the classics are the best though. So I've seen Arceus and found out he/she is the creator of all pokemon. It's also been called the "god pokemon" This got me wondering, is Arceus a controversial pokemon? The way Arceus is depicted is like a godly pokemon as far as its techniques, apearrence, and abilities go. This kind of interferes with many religions.

So what do you think is Arceus a contoversial pokemon, or not?

P.S. Please keep any comments on religion and beliefs to yourself. Just be general. Please don't go saying one religion is the best or anything like that.

Gymnotide
April 27th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Arceus is not necessarily the creator of all Pokemon.
That is only part of the Sinnoh Creation Myth. In fact, Dialga and Palkia may not have created time and space themselves, respectively.

However, even if it was the creator, there is no explicit wording which calls Arceus "god" and there is no explicit religion within Pokemon. I also don't think its ability is of any importance -- oh, wow it can wear pieces of metal and change colors. Judgment doesn't really have any real religious connotation unless you read into it too much. It may have been a silly name choice, but I think that is better than God Pebble or whatever it was called before translation.

Short and sweet: Arceus = God / god is saying that Jynx = racism.