View Full Version : What item to you give to your pokemon to hold?

May 1st, 2009, 5:25 PM
what item do yuo give your pokemon to hold?

I give my pokemon Ampharos and Jolteon Magnet and Mismagius Spell Tag

hank jones
May 1st, 2009, 5:39 PM
In my story team i use healing items like shell bell black sludge and leftovers. In competition i use one that just power up moves.

May 1st, 2009, 5:55 PM
It all depends on what I'm doing in the game or so to choose the item I'm using. If I'm training for EV's I'd go with the Macho Brace or any of the Power Items that are of my use. In addition to when I'm training, I might go with the Exp. Share for a boost to grow levels a bit faster.

When it comes to battling through the in-game experience, I tend not to use items as much. Though, when it comes to WiFi battles or the Battle Frontier, I go with specific berries, or other items such as leftovers, life orb, etc.

May 1st, 2009, 6:46 PM
since i usually start out with a fire type pokemon i give it charcoal as soon as i find the item.

May 1st, 2009, 8:33 PM
also my fav item apart from type boosts like Miracle Seed and Mystic Water is Exp Share

May 1st, 2009, 8:53 PM
I only recently started giving them items, only ones I have are Magnet or Spooky Plate for Rotom, Mystic Water for Gastrodon, Miracle Seed for Roserade, and Amulet Coin for whatevers up first. Sometimes Exp. Share when I need to train a lower level.

May 1st, 2009, 9:07 PM
Lucky Egg! More EXP for the win! :D xD

May 1st, 2009, 9:08 PM
I don't usually give my Pokemon items to hold for too long, but my Rhydon on FR was so incredibly slow that I gave it a Quick Claw.

May 2nd, 2009, 10:50 AM
I give my Pokémons power-up items, such as Blackglasses or Twisted Spoon.

There are others, though. Exp. Share or Lucky Egg is what I give some of my Pokémon when I'm grinding.

May 2nd, 2009, 1:38 PM
Either leftovers or usually a plate.

May 3rd, 2009, 3:13 PM
Soothe bell, because I want my Pokemon to like me when I go to the footprint guy. c:
But really, I use Amulet coin and then type-boosting things for the rest.