PDA

View Full Version : Japan based Pokemon World??

JollyRoger25
May 2nd, 2009, 04:06 PM
What do you think, is the Pokemon World as a whole based off of Japan as a whole, or just the individual regions. I guess my question is if you pulled back from one of the regions and saw the entire pokemon country would it be like japan or not. I for one thought that the pokemon world deserved to have its own geography, but I am becoming more and more open to the whole Japan Idea. Thoughts???

Ninja Caterpie
May 2nd, 2009, 04:19 PM
They based the land off Japan. Kanto is the same as Kanto. =P

Åzurε
May 2nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
I was told that was true, and I believe it, but I never bothered to pull up a map. :P

Jude Mathis
May 2nd, 2009, 04:53 PM
Well name-wise, all the regions in Pokemon are really named after different areas around Japan.. but looks-wise.. that seems to be all over the place. xD

I find it sort of crazy.

Azonic
May 2nd, 2009, 05:09 PM
Kanto: Kantō (Japan)
Johto: Kansai / Chubu (Japan)
Hoenn: Kyūshū (Japan) | Rotated 90o CCW in game
Sinnoh: Hokkaido (Japan)
Orre: Arizona (USA)
Fiore: Natal, Recife, and Maceió (Brazil)

So most of the lands are based on the world today.

Åzurε
May 2nd, 2009, 05:11 PM
I thought Orre might have been Arizona...

Edit: Sinnoh is the whole Hokkaido Island? Wow!

BenjiTheKid
May 2nd, 2009, 05:38 PM
The Orre region was based off Arizona?? That's actually kind of interesting. I thought it didn't look like Japan. xD

Seriously, though, I think it's just most of the regions.

One of my old friends told me they were based off Europe. I didn't believe her. -_-

coolcatkim22
May 2nd, 2009, 05:46 PM
The Pokemon world is based on Earth.

joehat
May 2nd, 2009, 06:19 PM
There are actually some maps that show how the Pokemon regions correspond to real life locations in Japan. I thought it was pretty cool that the creators modeled them after real places.

JollyRoger25
May 2nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
Okay, I'm not sure that the point of this is getting across, my question isn't weather or not the regions match up with real world locations, but if the arrangments of the regions are based off of the arrangments of the regions of Japan, and uhh, Arizona.

Ninja Caterpie
May 2nd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Arrangement, no, shape, yes.

The arrangement isn't even shown, so :\

JollyRoger25
May 2nd, 2009, 07:55 PM
Well this is a opinion thread, sooo, offical arrangment is not needed.

Ninja Caterpie
May 2nd, 2009, 08:18 PM
=P Serebii's PokéEarth shows it differently, but that's just Serebii.

My opinion is that they are not quite. I think Hoenn is in Australia, Sinnoh in North America, and Kanto/Johto in southern Europe in comparison with our world. :\ And Orre is in Africa.

JezzaRules
May 2nd, 2009, 10:29 PM
I have always thought Kanto was based off the Kanto region in Japan, but I didnt know Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh was based off other regions though.

JollyRoger25
May 3rd, 2009, 12:50 AM
I could see the regions forming up to create a Japan like Nation, I even went as far as making a gen III map of it, the only region I can't place is Orre, perhaps because it WAS desigined after Arizona.

Serene Grace
May 3rd, 2009, 01:05 AM
I could see the regions forming up to create a Japan like Nation, I even went as far as making a gen III map of it, the only region I can't place is Orre, perhaps because it WAS desigined after Arizona.
When playing in Orre, It's not that hard to realize It's not based in Japan

coolcatkim22
May 3rd, 2009, 03:46 AM
I think Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh are Japan.
Orre and Fiore I'm not sure.