PDA

View Full Version : Seviper vs Zangoose

Electricz
May 8th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Seviper and Zangoose are rivals so who do you think would win out of Seviper or Zangoose

I say Seviper but only because i like Serviper better than Zangoose

Gymnotide
May 8th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Zangoose, since it is faster and stronger...
And it has a better movepool.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³
May 8th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Which one I like better? Seviper.
Which one will win in the battle? Zangoose.

pokerus34
May 8th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Zangoose is great in battles, and it may defeat a Seviper in the same level without exceeding 10 turns.

P.S.

Gymnotide
May 8th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Zangoose is great in battles, and it may defeat a Seviper in the same level without exceeding 10 turns.

P.S.

Zangoose could one-shot Seviper.

Electricz
May 8th, 2009, 10:45 PM
My Seviper on Emerald could OHKO a Zangoose with Chrunch but that was cuz my Seviper was lvl 100

Veristical Blaze
May 8th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Zangoose, obviously it is just the better pokemon looks cool has good moves nice atk stats sevi has not really a counter against him

Superjub
May 8th, 2009, 11:07 PM
I prefer Seviper, but even I have to dmit that Zangoose would probably win out of the two (assuming they are the same level.)

ShinjisLover
May 8th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Here, let's do this by using stats. Yay! =D (Here I go again. . Getting analytical. . >.>") Personally, I must prefer Zangoose, though. .

Seviper's Stats:
HP: 73
Attack: 100
Defense: 60
Special Attack: 100
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 65

Weak To: Ground and Psychic
Resistant To: Fighting, Poison, Bug, and Grass
Immune To: None

Zangoose's Stats:
HP: 73
Attack: 115
Defense: 60
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 90

Weak To: Fighting
Resistant To: None
Immune To: Ghost

Now, in terms of movepools. Note that this only includes the level-up moves as wild Pokémon are unable to, technically speaking, learn tutor, TM, or HM moves.

Seviper:
Wrap - Normal
Lick - Ghost
Bite - Dark
Poison Tail - Poison
Screech - Normal - Non-damaging
Glare - Normal - Non-damaging
Crunch - Dark
Poison Fang - Poison
Swagger - Normal - Non-damaging
Haze - Ice - Non-damaging
Night Slash - Dark
Poison Jab - Poison
Wring Out - Normal

--

Zangoose:
Scratch - Normal
Leer - Normal - Non-damaging
Quick Attack - Normal
Swords Dance - Normal - Non-damaging
Fury Cutter - Bug
Slash - Normal
Pursuit - Dark
Embargo - Dark - Non-damaging
Crush Claw - Normal
Taunt - Dark - Non-damaging
Detect - Fighting - Non-damaging
False Swipe - Normal
X-Scissor - Bug
Close Combat - Fighting

Zangoose's Attack stat is very high and it has many physical attacks. Thus, this will ultimately defeat Seviper, who has very low Defense.

Seviper cannot do much to defend against Zangoose, as its Poison-type attacks are unable to poison Zangoose because of Immunity, its Special Ability.

Therefore, Zangoose would win. Counter arguments should be fun, if not null.

Electricz
May 8th, 2009, 11:28 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/324.jpg
i still reckon Seviper would win but anyone of them could win theres attack missed critical hits and also Sevipers Glare could paralyze Zangoose but it would be a very close battle i say also on the anime anyone could win as well due to diferences to the games

ShinjisLover
May 8th, 2009, 11:33 PM
That picture means nothing since, if I recall correctly, which I do, Zangoose had beaten Seviper before.

i still reckon Seviper would win but anyone of them could win theres attack missed critical hits and also Sevipers Glare could paralyze Zangoose but it would be a very close battle i say also on the anime anyone could win as well due to diferences to the games

I'm talking a hypothetical, get ride of critical hits, they're both at level 100, we're going by game mechanics, and they're both wild Pokémon battle. And regardless of paralysis, Pokémon are still able to move, be it in the games or the anime. Paralysis doesn't always work. There's really nothing else I can say that won't be a repeat of what I've already stated.

Electricz
May 8th, 2009, 11:44 PM
ok if you say so but still i say its an even battle where anyone can win

white lancer
May 8th, 2009, 11:55 PM
I prefer Seviper, but even I have to dmit that Zangoose would probably win out of the two (assuming they are the same level.)

Yep. Seviper might have a chance if it paralyzes Zangoose right off the bat and gets lucky a few turns (odds are good Zangoose wouldn't be able to move for at least a turn or two), but otherwise I think Zangoose would take it.

Electricz
May 9th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Yep. Seviper might have a chance if it paralyzes Zangoose right off the bat and gets lucky a few turns (odds are good Zangoose wouldn't be able to move for at least a turn or two), but otherwise I think Zangoose would take it.

thats what i was trying to say about paralyze also paralyze makes you slower so seviper has a good chance to win as well

ShinjisLover
May 9th, 2009, 12:13 AM
thats what i was trying to say about paralyze also paralyze makes you slower so seviper has a good chance to win as well
It doesn't make you slower by much, and Zangoose has over 30 more EVs in Speed than Seviper, so it wouldn't matter.

Electricz
May 9th, 2009, 02:00 AM
my lvl 100 Seviper owns i could easily beat a lvl 100 Zangoose with Wring Out and Night Slash

Artemis
May 9th, 2009, 04:08 AM
It doesn't make you slower by much, and Zangoose has over 30 more EVs in Speed than Seviper, so it wouldn't matter.

I believe you meant to say that Zangoose has just about 25 stat points high in speed than Zangoose, EV's can always range on how you train it.

To answer the question, Zangoose. It has a larger movepool, higher attack stats,and higher speed. Also, depending on the two Pokémon, Zangoose can OHKO a Seviper because its Defece stats aren't too great.

seeker
May 9th, 2009, 04:21 AM
If it goes down to strength Zangoose all the way but Seviper is a poisen type so if it went down to strategy seviper would kill!

Artemis
May 9th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Strategy always gived every Pokémon an oppotunity. If someone choose to use Zangoose an a Physical Sweeper and hit the opponent hard and fast, then Seviper would be in trouble, especiialy since Zangoose can actually use Substitute and Swords Dance, and then go in for a final blow.

Except, there's one problem that no one has taken into account, and I believe the person above hasn't noticed either. Zangoose's special ability is Immunity, therefore, Seviper cannot poison Zangoose. xD

seeker
May 9th, 2009, 04:43 AM
2 Shay Flash i hadn't taken that into account! Well Due to Zangoose's speed and obvious advantage with the immunity ability It most definately has the upper hand!

Electricz
May 9th, 2009, 05:15 AM
I still like Seviper better but Zangoose is probably stronger but i still like Seviper better

Monochrome
May 9th, 2009, 01:45 PM
I like the whole glare idea thing but the thing about them is, knowing their rivalry do you really think a Zangoose would wait long enough for a Seviper to stare at it? Really? In every aspect Zangoose would probably win, I recon the win rat to like 90% for Zangoose to win.

Gymnotide
May 9th, 2009, 01:51 PM
In real life, the mongoose always beats the snake. The only reason why the mongoose would win is because it got poisoned by the snake... But Zangoose has immunity, so it will never fall to that silliness.

my lvl 100 Seviper owns i could easily beat a lvl 100 Zangoose with Wring Out and Night Slash

Then the Zangoose is not doing it right.
First turn Swords Dance, second turn Return.

BHwolfgang
May 9th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Even if Seviper can't poison Zangoose, the attacks would still damage it.

One can't always say that a Seviper would always beat a Zangoose, vice-versa. Sometimes, strategy is needed. At other times, brute force works.

Also, we all can't forget about the usefulness of TM's/HM's. I, however, would say that Zangoose would best Seviper. I just prefer it's features than Seviper's, that's all.

Blaziken_Boy
May 9th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Zangoose is a mongoose, so Zangoose has a good chance.

True Reign
May 9th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Seviper would be my Pokemon of choice, but it would lose horribly to Zangoose in a battle.

Sora
May 9th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Due to the fact that I got Ruby way before Sapphire, and liked my Ruby more than Sapphire, I perfer Zangoose. XD; That, and when it comes to the three snake pokemon, I like Arbok more. :x

And yes, this means that I think Zangoose would win in a battle.

jackblaze
May 9th, 2009, 09:27 PM
i say seviper since his poison will slowly drain zangoose

jackblaze
May 9th, 2009, 10:00 PM
its all jesses fault that makes seviper look stupid

Electricz
May 9th, 2009, 10:14 PM
its all jesses fault that makes seviper look stupid

i agree (25 word min sucks)

Haza
May 9th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Seviper. Even though Zangoose is immune, Poison types are simply superior.

Gymnotide
May 10th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Seviper. Even though Zangoose is immune, Poison types are simply superior.

lol, except Poison-types fall prey to the most common attacking type in the game :P

Translator
May 10th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Well, I think Zangoose will win primarily because Zangoose has a better movepool than Seviper.