PDA

View Full Version : Potentially hacking Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Trikeboy
May 10th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Since it looks like your starter pokemon will follow you around (by the released screens), I think we can expect to see a few hacks of Pokemon Yellow DS on the horizon. Is it possible to hack the overworld sprites in D/P/Pt yet? If so would it be easy to replace the starter with Pikachu? What do you think.

Giratina the master
May 10th, 2009, 07:32 AM
yeah but dude that game hasent even come out how are we gonna hack it

colcolstyles
May 10th, 2009, 08:01 AM
From what I understand, which could be completely wrong, the relationship between D/P/Pt and the upcoming HG/SS is similar to the relationship between R/S/E and FR/LG in the sense that both are from the same generation and use similar code bases. If that is correct, then I assume that hacking HG/SS will be limited by our ability to hack D/P/Pt.

D-Trogh
May 10th, 2009, 12:19 PM
From what I understand, which could be completely wrong, the relationship between D/P/Pt and the upcoming HG/SS is similar to the relationship between R/S/E and FR/LG in the sense that both are from the same generation and use similar code bases. If that is correct, then I assume that hacking HG/SS will be limited by our ability to hack D/P/Pt.
Totally true.. Everything we can do with D/P/Pt, we will be able to do with HG/SS ;)

Surf
May 11th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Ten bucks says that Gabe C hacks it within 2 days of the rom release;)

SCV
May 11th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Actually by the time HG/SS come out. There will be an editor for it ready within minutes of the release (points at PPRE in sig)

Surf
May 11th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Yup, you guys are faster than the road runner :D

balkj06
May 12th, 2009, 02:17 AM
well if that would happen I'm going to make an pokemon emeral remake hack!

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
May 14th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Ten bucks says that Gabe C hacks it within 2 days of the rom release;)

Lol, That's a bet... I'm not gonna toch in for two days, Just for 10 box...

Anonamous
May 15th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I'm sure that by the time these come out we would surely be able to do some more with DP&Pt since Heart Gold and Soul Silverwill not becoming out in Japan untill Fall 2009 and in the US sometime probably around late winter early spring 2010. Once HG&SS are released and people start looking into the games the hex and .NARC files would most likely be compared with DP&Pt and it would open up a whole new doorway toward what we will be able to do not only with DP&Pt but HG&SS too.

DARK_SANDSLASH
May 16th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Is it possible to hack the overworld sprites in D/P/Pt yet?

Uh, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver have 3D Models not sprites anymore, But has anyone cracked the model data yet? It would be interesting to change the player to a somewhat remodel of the male character in Silver, Shame i forget his name :\

Anonamous
May 16th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Uh, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver have 3D Models not sprites anymore, But has anyone cracked the model data yet? It would be interesting to change the player to a somewhat remodel of the male character in Silver, Shame i forget his name :\

Actually there are overworld sprites and they can be edited using pokeTex ;~)

DARK_SANDSLASH
May 16th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Really? I thought it had a somewhat 2D-3D style of a model, Yet has anyone found any model data or texture data?

DA-Kizemaru
June 4th, 2009, 08:48 AM

Overworld sprites means the characters, and those are 2D,

No, I dont think we have a program out there to edit them yet, but we do to rip them..

yocharles23
June 23rd, 2009, 11:43 AM
IN Heart gold and soul silver I hear that any pokemon can follow you around, not just starters, so unless you want to put you're new pokemon in the game to follow you youwouldn't need to hack it. But knowing people, of course you want to put you're own pokemon in the game.

Sarcastic Prince
June 24th, 2009, 12:34 AM
IN Heart gold and soul silver I hear that any pokemon can follow you around, not just starters, so unless you want to put you're new pokemon in the game to follow you youwouldn't need to hack it. But knowing people, of course you want to put you're own pokemon in the game.

Yes, that's correct. Once you put your Pokemon in your First Slot, it will come out of it Pokeball, and then follows you.

Sakari
June 24th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Really? I thought it had a somewhat 2D-3D style of a model, Yet has anyone found any model data or texture data?

Well, the only thing we can do with d/p/pt, right now is to swap texture.

iamlamp12
June 26th, 2009, 04:18 AM
yea but when will the rom come out?

Red
June 26th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I think we can expect to see a few hacks of Pokemon Yellow DS on the horizon.Yet, I think it will be quite hard to make that hack without a map editor.

GKS
June 26th, 2009, 08:50 AM
The game won't be out for a while, but when it is, I'm pretty sure people will hack it.

DarkPrince304
June 26th, 2009, 08:55 AM
The game is releasing on September 12th :)
Its confirmed
I saw it on Serebii

Lord_Tyranitar
September 10th, 2009, 02:57 PM
i got the rom this morning at 1:00 AM (Australian Time)

hopefully hacks will apear (search youtube for links)

Vrai
September 10th, 2009, 07:36 PM
i got the rom this morning at 1:00 AM (Australian Time)

hopefully hacks will apear (search youtube for links)

a) I'm pretty sure plenty of people have it, no reason to direct attention towards yourself silly
b) usually the popular (ie most-viewed) hacks on youtube are the suckish ones that are only text hacks and etc. so why advise people to search youtube D:

Also! Reviving a month-old thread is against the rules, so..

CLOSED