PDA

View Full Version : Mono for R/S/E

crobatdeluxe
May 11th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Hello all! I'm a new user here. This is my first thread in the pokecommunity, so...

Ok. I guess I got the idea from the gamefaqs ruby board. (And I think a thread somewhere below me, but that was for the FR/LG versions so..) Don't worry I got the permission to use this R/S/E mono-type challenge. I also got a permission for the idea. So the rules:

-The run is finished after the Elite 4.
-HM Slaves can be of any type.
-Only one type is allowed (duh?)
-The type should be acquirable before the first gym.
-if a pokemon is dual typed, it is categorized to both types. (e.g. Blaziken is Fire-Fighting, therefore it can be used in both types.)
-We can catch other pokemon but not to be used in the team. Only for the pokedex data.
-We must never skip gyms.
-If a pokemon evolves to that type we can use that. (e.g. A water evolves to a ground type)
-No legendaries, AR, Gameshark, or any other form of cheating. -anybody can do any of the types.
-no trading for other pokemon, except for evo-by-trade pokemon.

i will be doing the bug type in ruby. After I finished my FR mono challenge.

Participants:

Flying-Binary Peaches
Fighting- UltimaZelfier
Grass- Neiko Star
Potato_Hurrican-Psychic
Rocket Scientist- Poison
Overlord Tyranitar- Dark
Amplified Ampharos- Ghost

Finished
Bug- crobatdeluxe <woot!>

Please PM me i you finished the R/S/E monotype challenge. i hope for your pleasant patronage.

Sora
May 11th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Wow. I was thinking of starting up a thread like this after getting permission last night, after I found my Sapphire. xDD;

I think I'll join this challenge, with only using Flying-Type pokemon. -nod-

crobatdeluxe
May 11th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Sure then. Good luck on the monotype! PM me okay?

Zeffy
May 13th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Hey can I join, I was thinking of using fighting. I'll join with fighting Okay.

crobatdeluxe
May 13th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Oh sure. Good luck. Post updates if you can.

Neiko Star
May 18th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Eh, why not, I'm bored. XD Can I do Fighting-type too? If not, then I'll take Grass.

crobatdeluxe
May 20th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Sure. You're entered in the fighting type. Good Luck!

Zeffy
May 21st, 2009, 01:18 AM
Wow well.

>>>>><<<<<UPDATES>>>>><<<<<
= Started a new game.
= Named player Fighter.
= Chose Torchic as Starter and grinded him to 10.
= Beaten May.
= Grinded Torchic to 16 and evolved to Combusken.
= Captured Shroomish and grinded to 16.
= Saved and called it a day.

Neiko Star
May 23rd, 2009, 04:40 AM
Actually, I think I'm going to do Grass instead. There aren't many good Fighting-types in Sapphire...

lolwut
May 23rd, 2009, 08:25 PM
Can i do fire type? or maybe ground/bug since bug is already finished

crobatdeluxe
May 24th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Actually, I think I'm going to do Grass instead. There aren't many good Fighting-types in Sapphire...

There, resigned you up for grass.

Slowpoke>> You can do any type. You want. :)

Immortal_one
May 24th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Edit: Meah, I've changed my mind, I don't really have too much time for this D:

Neiko Star
May 31st, 2009, 06:33 AM
First log! Sorry it's so long, the whole thing was boring so I added lots of details. :P

1. Cliche Beginning

I restarted a new game. After skimming Professor Birch's boring speech, I chose the female trainer and named myself Yurika. Seriously, what kind of horrible mother sticks her child inside the van with all the furniture? Anyway, I hopped out of the van and listened boredly to Mom's talk. Which Yurika has heard many times in her past lifes. After going into the tiny, tiny house and seeing the tiny, tiny, tiny room, I set the yucky pink clock to the right time. Mom barged into my room without knocking--oh, wait, my room doesn't have a door--she told me to go check out my desk. So I did. I went on the PC and withdrew a super-mega-ultra-secret Potion. Then I went downstairs. Mom hurriedly called me over to watch some dumb TV show. For some reason, I did. I must be like Ella in Ella Enchanted. Cursed by a fairy. I also decided that I was probably mute. So, Mom ordered me to go visit the neighbors, so I did, because of the fairy's mute curse.

I barged into the house next door without knocking, like Mom taught me to, and a strange woman wearing a blue vest and a PINK skirt attacked me. She left me alone after I stared at her. I went upstairs and arrived in some guy's bedroom. I tapped the boy in the corner, who I assume is deaf, and he started blabbing about boring stuff. It turns out he is pretty sexist. He thinks that Gym Leaders' families must be all male. Yuck. I noticed that he has white hair and a pink bed. Spooky. As I leave the house, I realize that my Mom probably sleeps under the kitchen table. Really, why did she buy a house with one room? Oh well, lucky me. So I was walking around when this blue-haired squirt (wth?) told me that he could hear cries. Curious, I went to see what was happening and saw a fat man in a white labcoat being chased by a dog.

The man, who happened to be Professor Birch, told me to help him. I tried to go away, but he wouldn't let me. Darn it. I had to help him. It must be because of the fairy's curse. So I walked to the random basket and picked Torchic as my starter. Why? Because then my rival will pick Mudkip, that's why. Yes, I'm that evil. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAahem. Right. Anyway, I beat up the poor little puppy (damn you, curse!) and the Professor invited me to his big lab. Which is actually not much bigger than a normal house. Most of it is empty space in the walls. That's why it looks big from the outside and tiny from the inside. So, to thank me for beating up the puppy, the Professor gave me the Torchic. Yay. Then he ordered me to go see Brendan. Darn. So I went. Luckily, I didn't meet any wild Pokemon on the way. I tapped the man-woman in Oldale Town and he-she gave me another Potion. Yay.

So I went up north and met Brendan. I fought him and defeated his Mudkip(MWAHAH-ahem...) with four Scratch's. That was easy. So he told me to come to his father's lab. I had to, of course, because I was cursed. So I went back to Littleroot Town and into the lab. Then my body started moving on its own. It was pretty creepy. It was like I was being possessed. But I'm sure it was just because of the curse. So Professor Birch just talked Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah and gave me a Pokedex. Then Brendan gave me five Pokeballs. Yippee. I could finally leave. Along the way, Mom gave me a pair of Running Shoes. Finally! I ran all the way to the route next to Oldale Town and caught myself a Lotad. After that, I went to the Pokemon Center and healed my Pokemon. I deposited my Torchic into the PC.

I saved the game.

Pokemon Team:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs019.gif
Lotad lvl. 3
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Astonish - Growl

Potato_Hurrican
May 31st, 2009, 06:49 AM
i'll try out for this. i'll use psychic (i'll catch a ralts ^_^) type in emerald. but before i start i has a question can i use more than one pokemon?

overlord tyranitar
June 4th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Sign me up for Dark on ruby

overlord tyranitar
June 5th, 2009, 11:18 AM
doing it on emerald sorry not ruby

Rocket scientist
June 5th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Hey, sing me up for poison in sapphire C:

overlord tyranitar
June 5th, 2009, 12:50 PM
i am doing the challenge on saphire, not emerald sorry i just got ruby and sapphire's exclusive pokemon mixed up, because i cannot get sableye in ruby i will be doing water instead (i will show team aqua how real water trainers fight)

I resign from the challenge i just notice that i have waaayyyy too many challenges going on, good luck luck to the rest of you with yours

crobatdeluxe
June 9th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Potato>> Sure, you're signed up. Yes, you can use more than one Pokemon. Godd luck!

Rocket Scientist>> You're signed too! Good luck!

Overlord Tyranitar>> Oh. Sorry to hear that. Anyways, good luck on your other challenges!

overlord tyranitar
June 11th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I have returned (after finishing my other challenges)

sign me up for the dark type, i will update as soon as fingers stop twitching through rushing a challenge

overlord tyranitar
June 12th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Update

doing the challenge on emerald, maned myself emo (seems fitting for a dark type challenge)
current team-poochyena lv 5
tackle
howl

Named myself, sorry for the spelling mistake

Amplified Ampharos
June 12th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Sign me up for bug if it isn't taken

Scratch that I'll do ghost

crobatdeluxe
June 13th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Overlord Tyranitar>> OK! You're signed up! Good luck!

Amplified Ampharos>> Ghost types it is!

Lavacrust
June 16th, 2009, 07:47 AM
I'll be doing water on ruby.

I need a change from my constant fire type using :)

~/~

[Rock Lee]
June 17th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Okay, so, I had this Poison-type Monotype Challenge run going on in another R/S Monotype thread, but it's been dead for more than a month, so... T_T I can't post my update there. It stinks I couldn't finish it there... I could, but I don't wanna risk getting chewed out or worse...

Mind if I just continue my Poison type run here? I'll post all of my previous posts from the other thread here in Spoilers, so if you're curious of my progress, you can see from there. Then, I'll just normally post. However, I'm going to check for rules on both threads. I started over there, so if there are other rules there that aren't here, I'll note them and let you all know.

That is, of course, if you let me continue, Crobat. D:

=Edit=

Well, if in the next few days someone doesn't post, I'm just going to remake the old thread I used to visit. To be completely honest, I intended to do that in the first place, but saw this thread and... yeah.

overlord tyranitar
June 21st, 2009, 12:03 PM
update (short and to the point)
got three gym badges now (after causing three leaders to wet they're pants at the sight of a rabid poochyena, now badass mightyena. Wattsob was a pain to get by but i beat him in the end with mightyena's biteing Watsson pokemon to death
now heading north to fallabor.

current team

mightyena lv 27
bite
swagger
odor sleuth
tackle

sableye lv 24
scratch
fury swipes
astonish
fake out

nuzleaf lv 20
nature power
bullet seed
bide
fake out

11wildy
June 26th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I'm going to try dark on Ruby,

Cirrus
June 28th, 2009, 05:04 AM
I cast revive! I mean, I use a Max Revive!

Okay, revives aside...

Ground on Emerald pl0x.

overlord tyranitar
July 1st, 2009, 01:18 PM
I have finished, it took days of grinding two pokemon to a unbeatable level, although the amount of full restorer's i bought before the elite four proved very usefull (23 full restores)

Now for my winning team

Absol lv 82 Void
shock wave
aerial ace
shadow ball
ice beam
(took allot of time to find shadow ball and ice beam)

sableye lv 80 night

brick break
shadow ball
calm mind
confuse ray

You get the best feeling inside of yourself when a salamance faints because it " hurt istself in in ist's confusion.
remember to sign me up as having completed this challenge, good luck to the rest of you and to 11 wildy i have this advice for you'r challenge, Absol has alot of very usefull and damaging moves from TM like thunderbolt and ice beam

11wildy
July 2nd, 2009, 09:56 PM
Thank you, but my game is somewhere I don't know, and I'll start when I find it.