PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial] Much Clearer Inserting music on your hack

Crimson Stardust
May 11th, 2009, 06:54 AM
[css-div="background-color:#666666; color:violet; border: solid 3px gold;"]Based ON Magnius Method[/css-div]
I am not sure if this considered copying other people tutorial...
but im making this tutorial based on Magnius Method but im giving it a much clearer view...

Here the things you need for this tut:
~Two copies of the rom you want to insert the music in
~Visual Boy Advance{Or any emulator to play it}
~mid2agb and Sappy{You can download this from magnius tut}
The Midi music you want to insert{You can google them}
If your sappy cannot open because of vbalCbEx6.ocx or anything download
This File (http://www.4shared.com/file/109242904/4cfbc156/Needed_Sappy_Files.html)
And most importantly a backup rom
If any of you have problem on running sappy
Do this

Running the Control file vbalCbEx6.ocx...

Make sure you put it in system32...Once in there...Your still not done...

Okay...you have to register the file before it will Actually work...

Run this in The Run Dialog~regsvr32 %Systemroot%\System32\vbalCbEx6.ocx

If your using Vista...You need to run an Elevated Command Prompt...To do this...Right click The Command Prompt and Click Run as the Administrator...

Here goes.....

[css-div="background-color:#666666; color:violet; border: solid 3px gold;"]Step 1[/css-div]
After downloading the two files{Mid2agb and Sappy}extract them{using Winrar}to one file...and open Mid2gba.

Now we will be converting the midi file you want to insert to .S file using mid2agb...

Then drag your midi to the mid2agb then it will automatically converted to .s file.

http://i41.tinypic.com/1zldjx4.jpg

Here i will be converting the midi bofballa

[css-div="background-color:#666666; color:violet; border: solid 3px gold;"]Step 2[/css-div]
Putting in the converted file...

First Open Sappy then open the rom you want to insert the music in.

then there will be a song tittle there,you can click it and a list of music from the original rom wil appear.

You can choose any songs there to be change but im changing the music of Pallet Town.

After you choose it,there will be a word called assemble songs there,click it.

then browse the rom you want to use and choose it..

After that on the second box{Base Destination Offset}put this in,0xEB0B20{the reason,ask magnius}

Next is the Voicegroup,you should not care about it for now{It is for the sound of your music in the game,magnius has the tut for this}
Then click "Assemble That Ugly Thing"then wai for it to finish,there will be a text out saying you want to put the.....{for me i press yes}
After that,click play to check whether the music you inserted is there,if it is then good...and if you are lucky the song will be played in your game..
If not..sit around and listen to more steps..:)

http://i40.tinypic.com/15ed6wk.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/e85spl.jpg

[css-div="background-color:#666666; color:violet; border: solid 3px gold;"]Step 3[/css-div]
Making the music work in the game,

After you assemble the music,we will be exporting them now...

if you have closed Sappy,reopen it and open back the rom you just inserted the music in.

Now scroll down to the music you change and choose it.

then there will be a phrase there says export music{double check whether you press the coorect one}

Then there will be a bunch of uncheck boxes or a phrase with a small box beside it not tick.

Check all of them.The other box you should type in $T{reason,ask magnius}then press ok.

now the a string of number will appear on the folder of the rom you exported the music.{the number is from 0-1-2-3 and so on}

After this close Sappy then reopen it.

Now open the rom you have not inserted the song in yet{this is the reason why you need two of the same roms}

and choose the music you were changing in the previous rom which i was changing pallet town.

Now click IMPORT FILES then you will see the same string of numbers you exported{If you do not see them,you most probably open this rom from another folder,you must put the two roms together}

Check all of the string of numbers box,then put this on the box called First Track Box 0xEB0B20{Reason,ask magnius}

Then Press ok.Now try playing on your emulator and see whether it works..

If not,redo all the steps again..
Export Trackshttp://i40.tinypic.com/5v98r9.jpghttp://i44.tinypic.com/ie18qw.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/13ylzt4.jpg

{If you accounter a problem that when you click the assemble ??? ugly thing,your window xp or vista closes it,just delete the rom you are using,and recopy the backup rom to the folder.{This is why i told you to have a backcup rom}

I am not saying this method is mine...

It is from magnius and i just make it look much clearer...

If you think this is copying,just close this thread...

:)

I will be posting new updates like on music looping....

But i need to test it first before posting here...

Credits:

Shadow Rayquaza on the problem of running sappy..

Tropical Sunlight
May 11th, 2009, 08:57 AM
This is much clearer now!
I might even add new music to Turquoise!
Thanks, ageangel!

Master Terrador
May 11th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Good Job Ageangel...I will Try to Learn this...I could Use Another Skill...And Its not considered Coping...(I Think...:\)

Full Metal
May 11th, 2009, 03:47 PM
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!
this is great ^_^; at least i think. I've never gotten further than "assemble that ugly thing", after i click that, winxp closes it. Any suggestions? But this is definitely more clererererererer

Gamer2020
May 11th, 2009, 04:34 PM
This looks great!
I may actually try it.
But one "Demand". Could you maybe change the color of the text? It's a bit hard for me to read.

Crimson Stardust
May 11th, 2009, 10:32 PM
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!
this is great ^_^; at least i think. I've never gotten further than "assemble that ugly thing", after i click that, winxp closes it. Any suggestions? But this is definitely more clererererererer
I hav the same problem too...but now i don..
just delete the rom you were inserting the music....
and copy the rom back to the folder....
That is why i told you to have bakcup rom...

colcolstyles
May 11th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I didn't think Magnius' tutorial was hard to understand :\
Ah well, this tutorial still is nice in and of itself. Hopefuly it will help make music hacking a more user-friendly experience and increase the number of hacks with new music.
Good job :)

Full Metal
May 12th, 2009, 12:53 PM
oooohhhh, hm, this almost sounds like TileMolester making that junk xml code >_< which is very annoying and you have to delete it.

Tropical Sunlight
May 12th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Hmm... :\
I got Sappy, installed it, and then it wrote it was missing vbalCbEx6.ocx. So I downloaded it, placed it in the system32 folder and it still says the file is missing. Help?

Crimson Stardust
May 12th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I got Sappy, installed it, and then it wrote it was missing vbalCbEx6.ocx. So I downloaded it, placed it in the system32 folder and it still says the file is missing. Help?
I post a link on where to download the vbal.....
when the download box open,click run...
What im afraid is that maybe your com will not work but i download and run it and nothing wrong with my com:)

AmineX
May 13th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I got Sappy, installed it, and then it wrote it was missing vbalCbEx6.ocx. So I downloaded it, placed it in the system32 folder and it still says the file is missing. Help?Try This it should work
Link didn't work

Zanny77
May 17th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Try This it should work
Link (http://sxipyg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pA4S9t4k758_QsyFXzdQGcq9EP8OGacK_l3iJ3cSODtKt730UpoXhjALf4pxUzGayM0GhVH8_P_d0ABygFrDrlQ/Fixed%20Sappy2005.zip?download)

um, your link doesn't work. :\
Could you post again? I don't think you put the full link.

Crimson Stardust
May 17th, 2009, 09:10 PM
um, your link doesn't work. :\
Could you post again? I don't think you put the full link.
I already put up a methid on the tut...
check it out..
it was from shadow quilava and it works..;)

AmineX
May 18th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Yeah you can download it without loading error now
Download (http://cid-cf11ecf238431eb2.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/HackRom%20Tools/Fixed%20Sappy2005.zip)

Crimson Stardust
May 18th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Yeah you can download it without loading error now

Download (http://cid-cf11ecf238431eb2.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/HackRom%20Tools/Fixed%20Sappy2005.zip)

hey ♪岩窟王♪,would you mind if i put the link you gave me at my tut???
i will give you credits...

AmineX
May 18th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Yes you can and no credit needed

Tropical Sunlight
May 20th, 2009, 07:37 AM
What is Sappy suddenly shows Runtime Error 429 and 372?

Aljam
May 20th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Umm when I click assemble the whole program crashes. Help?

Crimson Stardust
May 21st, 2009, 03:32 PM
Umm when I click assemble the whole program crashes. Help?
maybe you must have done something wromg...try to redo it with new rom...

Aljam
May 25th, 2009, 04:07 PM
maybe you must have done something wromg...try to redo it with new rom...

i tried it but i got a send error report popup ugghhh... well i installed vista and im going to try it today or tommorrow. i'll tell you what happens then.

Magnius
May 25th, 2009, 04:15 PM
haha, stop worrying so much about copying someone. Inserting music is inserting music, no one necessarily "owns" the method.

Crimson Stardust
May 25th, 2009, 04:25 PM
i tried it but i got a send error report popup ugghhh... well i installed vista and im going to try it today or tommorrow. i'll tell you what happens then.
Owhkae..cool..
tell me the result after you try it..;)

haha, stop worrying so much about copying someone. Inserting music is inserting music, no one necessarily "owns" the method.
haha..ok..tanx...

Aljam
May 26th, 2009, 02:36 PM
it said " vbal6???.ocx or one of... not workin."

Crimson Stardust
May 26th, 2009, 02:46 PM
it said " vbal6???.ocx or one of... not workin."
I posted a link for you to download it and if it still not working,then follow the steps shadow rayquaza has which i also posted at my first post;)

Aljam
May 27th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I posted a link for you to download it and if it still not working,then follow the steps shadow rayquaza has which i also posted at my first post;)

ok thanks. it will save me the time of searching for it.

*off topic*
does anyone have comdlg32.ocx for windows vista? I tried putting it into system32 and nothing happened

Vista... you have to register everything... uggghhhh....

....lol

Crimson Stardust
May 27th, 2009, 03:01 PM
ok thanks. it will save me the time of searching for it.

*off topic*
does anyone have comdlg32.ocx for windows vista? I tried putting it into system32 and nothing happened

Vista... you have to register everything... uggghhhh....

....lol
It is hard work to them,lol.....
i did download something that automatically make my sappy workable but i forgot where i download it..lol...
btw,is it working??

Aljam
May 27th, 2009, 03:05 PM
going to try it out. i currently has no interwebs at home so i go to the library for pc. ill tell you when i try it out

Crimson Stardust
May 27th, 2009, 03:08 PM
going to try it out. i currently has no interwebs at home so i go to the library for pc. ill tell you when i try it out
Owhkae...good luck then..;)

Aljam
May 28th, 2009, 10:55 AM
i registered it but it says its out of date (probably becaus i didnt download it hee:() btw the link in the tut doesnt give you anything...

Crimson Stardust
May 28th, 2009, 09:15 PM
i registered it but it says its out of date (probably becaus i didnt download it hee:() btw the link in the tut doesnt give you anything...
hmm...the owner of the file must have deleted it or moved it somwhere..
i go and ask him for the new link..ok??

Sweet Jasmine
May 28th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Im going to try this after i've finished mapping :3. By the way nice Tutorial.

Vince_27
May 29th, 2009, 01:44 AM
It's a nice tutorial.
But when I try to listen to the music in sappy the program crash.
How is it possible?

EDIT: I have success to insert a music. Thanks a lot for this tutorial!
EDIT2: What are the voicegroup in Pokemon Ruby?

Crimson Stardust
May 31st, 2009, 12:25 AM
Im going to try this after i've finished mapping :3. By the way nice Tutorial.
Tanx...
hope it helps you...
It's a nice tutorial.
But when I try to listen to the music in sappy the program crash.
How is it possible?

EDIT: I have success to insert a music. Thanks a lot for this tutorial!
EDIT2: What are the voicegroup in Pokemon Ruby?
you are welcome...
you can go here for the voicegroup...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=148811&highlight=Instruments

sab
May 31st, 2009, 03:15 PM
I'll try this out real soon! I think that this is wwaaayyyy clearer that Magnius' tut! thanks for making this!!!

Crimson Stardust
May 31st, 2009, 03:55 PM
I'll try this out real soon! I think that this is wwaaayyyy clearer that Magnius' tut! thanks for making this!!!
you are welcome...
hope this tuturiol helps people in pc...:);)

Aljam
June 1st, 2009, 01:21 PM
here are the files needed to run sappy 12 in vista:
http://www.4shared.com/file/109242904/4cfbc156/Needed_Sappy_Files.html

I found out that vbalCbEx6.ocx wasn't enough. upon further research, i found out thatyou need SSubTmr6.dll as well. I put them in a zip for everyone. ageangel, you can use this link (if u want)

Master Terrador
June 1st, 2009, 01:31 PM
REMEMBER that you must register the Control files or they will not function...

Put them in System32 and...(Since you said Vista...)Open an Elavated Command prompt...(Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->Command prompt...) Right click Command Prompt and select "Run As Administrator"...Then...Copy this Dialogue...

regsvr32 %Systemroot%\System32\vbalCbEx6.ocx
regsvr32 %Systemroot%\System32\SSubTmr6.dll

And your good to go...:)

Aljam
June 1st, 2009, 01:36 PM
REMEMBER that you must register the Control files or they will not function...

Put them in System32 and...(Since you said Vista...)Open an Elavated Command prompt...(Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->Command prompt...) Right click Command Prompt and select "Run As Administrator"...Then...Copy this Dialogue...

regsvr32 %Systemroot%\System32\vbalCbEx6.ocx
regsvr32 %Systemroot%\System32\SSubTmr6.dll

And your good to go...:)

for some reason, registering it that way doesnt seem to work on vista that way for...I get an error message. I found out that when you run as admin at default it is in the system 32 folder all you have to do is type regsvr32 SSubTmr6.dll. It works perfectly that way.

Master Terrador
June 1st, 2009, 01:44 PM
Hm...Well...Thats another way of doing it...But my way Works for me and my friends...Whats the error message say???

EDIT: Yep...Works Fine...Your Theory also works fine...Archon...;)

http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3592&pictureid=24861

http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3592&pictureid=24860

Crimson Stardust
June 1st, 2009, 04:25 PM
here are the files needed to run sappy 12 in vista:
http://www.4shared.com/file/109242904/4cfbc156/Needed_Sappy_Files.html

I found out that vbalCbEx6.ocx wasn't enough. upon further research, i found out thatyou need SSubTmr6.dll as well. I put them in a zip for everyone. ageangel, you can use this link (if u want)

Cool...tanx archon...
and shadow rayquaza,you too...tanx.....:);)

Aljam
June 2nd, 2009, 11:15 AM
Hm...Well...Thats another way of doing it...But my way Works for me and my friends...Whats the error message say???

EDIT: Yep...Works Fine...Your Theory also works fine...Archon...;)

http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3592&pictureid=24861

http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3592&pictureid=24860

nvm forgot the % after systemroot lol...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to update that link. There appears to be a lot of other files to. after installing the files though, I hav a problem when it loads a rom, it crashes in sappy 12 , and when i assemble a rom in sappy 10, it says runtime error 13 type missmatch and then crashes. link will be updated right now.

EDIT: updated!

Khan6195
June 3rd, 2009, 05:53 AM
Thanks a ton! This really helped and all! Yay! :P

Crimson Stardust
June 3rd, 2009, 06:18 AM
Thanks a ton! This really helped and all! Yay! :P
ou are welcome..enjoy music hacking..:);)

Aljam
June 4th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I hav a problem ,when it loads a rom, it crashes in sappy 12. when i assemble a rom in sappy 10, it says runtime error 13 type missmatch and then crashes.

Crimson Stardust
June 4th, 2009, 03:06 PM
I hav a problem ,when it loads a rom, it crashes in sappy 12. when i assemble a rom in sappy 10, it says runtime error 13 type missmatch and then crashes.
hmm...i will try to download a usable sappy and tried it out as i just reformated my com...ok???
then i will tell you the result...XD:);)

Aljam
June 4th, 2009, 03:59 PM
u went 2 vista 2? ...lol. like i said b4 all of the files r in that zip. sappy 12 i heard doest work. sappy 10, probably uses different offsets because they have like &'s in em

Crimson Stardust
June 4th, 2009, 04:12 PM
u went 2 vista 2? ...lol. like i said b4 all of the files r in that zip. sappy 12 i heard doest work. sappy 10, probably uses different offsets because they have like &'s in em
This may sound funny but i am now having a hard time getting sappy to work..because i just reformat my com...
the sappy did work before i reformat..what a bummer..:)

Aljam
June 10th, 2009, 01:46 PM
This may sound funny but i am now having a hard time getting sappy to work..because i just reformat my com...
the sappy did work before i reformat..what a bummer..:)
yep... a bummer... I hope you get it to work. i just stopped using sappy and got one of my friends to script. Next year im taking a programming course to learnVB. mabee i can ask some to help me make a tool for hacking. i want to make a tool similar to sappy but compatible with vista and make mid to gba built in. If I knew how to use vb, id do that. good luck ;)

Crimson Stardust
June 10th, 2009, 05:02 PM
yep... a bummer... I hope you get it to work. i just stopped using sappy and got one of my friends to script. Next year im taking a programming course to learnVB. mabee i can ask some to help me make a tool for hacking. i want to make a tool similar to sappy but compatible with vista and make mid to gba built in. If I knew how to use vb, id do that. good luck ;)
hey that sounds cool...btw,i already manage to make sappy work...

tpravetz
June 11th, 2009, 11:33 AM
I downloaded the "vbalCbEx6.ocx" file, but when I open Sappy it says "Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object"

and

"Run-time error '372':
Failed to load control 'vbalCboEx' from vbalCbEx6.ocx. Your version of vbalCbEx6.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application."

What should I do?

Crimson Stardust
June 11th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I downloaded the "vbalCbEx6.ocx" file, but when I open Sappy it says "Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object"

and

"Run-time error '372':
Failed to load control 'vbalCboEx' from vbalCbEx6.ocx. Your version of vbalCbEx6.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application."

What should I do?
hmm...actually i get the same problem at first but then i download the sappy from another site{helmeted rodent}then just run it and voila.it works..XD

tpravetz
June 15th, 2009, 11:05 AM
hmm...actually i get the same problem at first but then i download the sappy from another site{helmeted rodent}then just run it and voila.it works..XD

Hey, that worked! Thank you!

Crimson Stardust
June 15th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Hey, that worked! Thank you!
hey..no problem..XD
its good to know it works for you

Aljam
June 18th, 2009, 12:14 PM
hey that sounds cool...btw,i already manage to make sappy work...

howd ya get it to work? I really want to know

Crimson Stardust
June 18th, 2009, 04:54 PM
howd ya get it to work? I really want to know
try downloading the sappy from helmeted rodent..
it works...XD

theRiolvile
June 4th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Do you know ho to put pokecries in {XD}

totodile493
June 13th, 2013, 09:43 AM
fileden [DOT-COM] [SLASH] files [SLASH] 2012 [SLASH] 11[SLASH] 27 [SLASH] 3370919 [SLASH] sappyerror [DOT] png

It's definitely not a free space issue because there are fukke-tonnes of free space ahead of that.

supersoursky
June 25th, 2013, 11:39 AM
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a unch
now i can change my musics!

Ambushwhack
July 21st, 2013, 06:19 AM
I got the vbalCbEx6.ocx error you mentioned when trying to open Sappy. The link for the file you said to download didn't work. "The file link that you requested is not valid." Help?

Btw, I'm totally new to hacking. So far I've learned YAPE and failed miserably at editing Pokemon sprites. I'm trying to learn some basic skills so I can try to put a team together for a hack idea I have. I've got a fairly detailed outline of the game, but not enough skills to feel comfortable trying to put a team together yet. But I could see music being my thing.

J-pop princess
July 21st, 2013, 09:10 AM
Thanks a ton for your tutorial. I may try it cause I have considered a custom sound track and all.