PDA

View Full Version : Were is Crys?

Mitchman
May 12th, 2009, 07:53 AM
As we know this new girl popped up. What do you think will happen to Crys?

RubyJB88
May 12th, 2009, 12:52 PM
She won't get the slip, she won't snuff it, nor will she randomly disappear. The new girl is here because there was none in the original Gold and Silver. Crystal is her own entity in her own game. It's preserved. The main question is what this new girl will do, and when will she be introduced.

Mika555
May 14th, 2009, 06:36 AM
I think that we are getting ahead of ourselves. We do not know if she will be a new supportive main character in Pokemon Special like Wally was or Crystal will wear her clothes? We will just have to wait and see.

Apathetic_Yen
May 17th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Meh, she probably just dyes her hair brown and gets new clothes.........but more than likely not

Asgard
May 18th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Bleh, I hope Kris doesn't get Soul's clothes. That would look ridiculous. Kris can't balance that enormous hat while doing her crazy Pokeball-kicking... thing. >:I
Optimistically, I see Soul as either a supporting character or a new main character :> Kanto has four main characters, after all~ And since Soul kinda /does/ have a game of her own, it's possible... right?

RubyJB88
May 18th, 2009, 08:28 AM
To be honest that new outfit looks too newbie for Crys to wear.

Sea Guardian
May 21st, 2009, 12:43 PM
Bleh, I hope Kris doesn't get Soul's clothes. That would look ridiculous. Kris can't balance that enormous hat while doing her crazy Pokeball-kicking... thing. >:I
*Imagines* Dx
Wow, that would be pretty bad.

Mileyangel
May 21st, 2009, 05:09 PM
I think it's pretty safe to say that Soul has the most ridiculous outfit in the Pokemon world to date.

RubyJB88
May 23rd, 2009, 06:59 AM
I do have to say it doesn't look as appealing as Leaf's, May's, or Dawn's are.

Asgard
May 23rd, 2009, 11:09 AM
@Sea Guardian: I know~ :< I keep trying to picture it, but Kris always ends up falling over or missing horribly or somethin'.
Or breaking the laws of physics.

@Mileyangel: Out of playable characters, I agree. Otherwise... there's probably some crazy villain guy somewhere with something crazier.

@Osrow: I agree~ I like new characters :'D So having her as a new character would be fun~ I doubt she'll replace Kris, though, 'cause... that'd be weird.

bewbs
May 23rd, 2009, 11:12 AM
Kris is in Pluto's bed. :)

I hink the new girl has adorable eyes. <3

Bigdog
May 23rd, 2009, 12:32 PM
I do have to say it doesn't look as appealing as Leaf's, May's, or Dawn's are.

Leaf was designed as a female counterpart of Red for the original RBY games, but for whatever reason took her out. Then with G/S I think Gamefreak was going to implement the coice to be female hence the girl in this remake. Her looks make alot of sense because Johto is known for being more rural and Traditonal then with Kanto or the rest, but it would've been better if there was no overalls.

Mika555
May 26th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Meh, she probably just dyes her hair brown and gets new clothes.........but more than likely not
I was informed on the 'The New female HGSS Girl' Discuss page in the 'Pokemon Manga Discussion' section that Crys hair was brown to start with in her debut and it shows that it was brown on volume 11 and volume 27.

I am going wait and see what the Pokemon Special writers do with the HGSS girl design instead of becoming judgemental about it. I think they can either put Crys in the HGSS girl clothes since their hairstyles are similar or introduce a new character who has a supportive main role and who plays an important part in the arc so I am not being too judgemental about what they will do because I might end up regretting it.

Leaf was designed as a female counterpart of Red for the original RBY games, but for whatever reason took her out. Then with G/S I think Gamefreak was going to implement the coice to be female hence the girl in this remake. Her looks make alot of sense because Johto is known for being more rural and Traditonal then with Kanto or the rest, but it would've been better if there was no overalls.
I thought the female character in that guide book was unnamed because the word 'Leaf' as related to a character did not existed yet. It is most likely that Leaf was based on her design though. I noticed that you refered to the first generation remakes as 'the original RBY' games and the second generation remakes simply as GS. While it is true that Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver are Pokemon Gold and Silver and not Pokemon Crystal it is also true that Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen is a remake of Pokemon Red and Green not Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Yellow.

I personally do not see anything against wearing overalls though, but the color scheme of the clothes is a little off meaning the shaded of different red, but that does not mean I hate this girl though. I am just neutral towards her until I learn more about her.

Clover Cat
May 27th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Who knows? Maybe her sprite will look cute in-game.

And like I said on the other thread, they can't get rid of Crys that easily. Besides, she's caught practically every pokemon!

@ Epsekop: Hey, at least she's wearing trousers. If the new character was wearing a skirt there probably wouldn't be any discussion of whether Crys would stay.

Pass!on
May 27th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Optimistically, I see Soul as either a supporting character or a new main character :> Kanto has four main characters, after all~ And since Soul kinda /does/ have a game of her own, it's possible... right?

That sounds like the best option~
Honestly, Soul's clothes don't quite fit Kris. It's just not her style.
And besides, I want to see Soul as a new character in Pokespe. She's got a cute design, and I'd love to see what kind of personality she has.

Mika555
May 27th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I am not going to assume that this new girl's name Soul and their is also the fact that the opposite gender character does have a role in the HGSS games unlike in FRLG which could affect what the HGSS girl's canon name will be. None of you cannot make me either believe that the girl name is 'Soul' because I like to wait and see what name Gamefreak will give her. You all can call her that though just do not force me to call her that.

Who knows? Maybe her sprite will look cute in-game.

And like I said on the other thread, they can't get rid of Crys that easily. Besides, she's caught practically every pokemon!

@ Epsekop: Hey, at least she's wearing trousers. If the new character was wearing a skirt there probably wouldn't be any discussion of whether Crys would stay.

I could see Crys wearing those clothes with long pants which look similar to Nintendo's Mario's clothes though. Yes the HGSS girl are wearing overall shorts meaning that they are something that is kickable in. A cannot really judge whether a big cap/hat would stay on a person's head though especially consider that this is fiction and it could very well stay on her head despite the sides. I will most likely probably be giving as a gift though. I notice that she is both athlete and is a research assistant. Thinking about it reminds how how Mario switch out his plumber sometimes to become a doctor. Though we still have to wait and see what the writers are planning to do though before concluding whether or not if they will change Crys into those clothes or introduce the HGSS heroine as a new character.

balkj06
May 27th, 2009, 10:13 PM
I tinck Cystal will be in the game inside Oak's Lab?
and the new chick is Sappire in disguse

Clover Cat
May 28th, 2009, 12:34 PM
@ Mika555: I thought this new girl's name hadn't been decided yet, and Soul was a fanmade name for her. When I first saw the scans, my first thought was, "Oh, so this girl is Heart?" I think it makes more sense to call the boy Soul. Just IMO.

And yes, she looks like Mario. Heck, even her HAT looks like that giant plumber's hat he wears, only white with a ribbon instead of red with a symbol. I can imagine Crystal in those clothes, though, strange as that sounds. XD

RubyJB88
May 28th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I am not going to assume that this new girl's name Soul and their is also the fact that the opposite gender character does have a role in the HGSS games unlike in FRLG which could affect what the HGSS girl's canon name will be. None of you cannot make me either believe that the girl name is 'Soul' because I like to wait and see what name Gamefreak will give her. You all can call her that though just do not force me to call her that.

I have already explained this to you. It has already been confirmed by the official Japanese Pokemon website that her name is Soul.

When I first saw the scans, my first thought was, "Oh, so this girl is Heart?" I think it makes more sense to call the boy Soul. Just IMO.

I've commented about this that Heart describes Gold, just like Fire did with Red. SoulSilver is like LeafGreen. Soul, Leaf, both the females, and Silver, Green, as the rivals.

Clover Cat
May 28th, 2009, 01:25 PM
@ RubyJB88: Oh, so her name's official? okay then.^^ And regarding Gold's name, that makes sense in the manga, but I don't think it makes sense in game. At least to me. Do you know if his name is official?

RubyJB88
May 28th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Yes, according to that site. Gold will stay as Gold, as will Silver, because those are the original player/rival in those games. Just like how Red stayed as Red and Green stayed as Green.

And by the way, it seems you don't know how to use quotes. I'll fill you in. ;) Just use [quote*][/*quote] around text you'd like to quote, without the asterisks (*).

Clover Cat
May 28th, 2009, 01:37 PM
And by the way, it seems you don't know how to use quotes. I'll fill you in. ;) Just use [quote*][/*quote] around text you'd like to quote, without the asterisks (*).
Heh, thanks for telling me. I knew I was supposed to use the quote button but I wasn't sure how to use to for people who had posted several posts before me. Thanks. ^^

Mika555
May 28th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I looked on the official Japanese site and it did not mentioned anything about a name her name. Even if you look under her bulbapedia page title 'Soul (game)' it said that her name is currently unknown although theory is posted after it.

@ Mika555: I thought this new girl's name hadn't been decided yet, and Soul was a fanmade name for her. When I first saw the scans, my first thought was, &quot;Oh, so this girl is Heart?&quot; I think it makes more sense to call the boy Soul. Just IMO.
I do not think her name it is Heart either and I do not think the boy's canon name would be Soul even though the name 'Soul' for him was shown in a screenshot. I explain in the spoilers below why.

I am aware that male character in HGSS games is a redesign of Gold from the GSC games, but I questioned if he will keep his name to do this though. So I think that it is possible for Gold and the HGSS girl to get actual names, however there could be and ones that fit their gender just like Brendan (Yuki), May (Haruka), Lucas (Koki), and Dawn (Hikari). Though there could be something somewhere in the game data to inform us that he and Gold are to be referred to as the same character. The fact that the opposite gender co-exist with the playable character in HGSS could affect what a character canon name will be, because I have analyzed the default names of past Pokemon versions and versions on the male, female, and rival and the pattern they follow depending on what version of a Pokemon game is played and I also notice in the Pokemon games where the opposite gender character co-exist with the playable character that neither the male or female character's canon names did not appear on those roasters. The two defaults names of the playable character are mostly like going to be Heart and Gold in HeartGold and Soul and Silver in SoulSilver and if somone decide to name their character Gold, Heart, Soul or even Silver because of the default names and that is opposite gender character tell you that one of the defaults names is there name it could led to confusion and there is also the fact that the two rivals default name in HeartGold will most likely be Silver in HeartGold and Gold in SoulSilver meaning if someone decides to name their rival Gold in SoulSilver because of the default name it could also led to confusion if the opposite gender male character tell you that his name is Gold if you choose the female character could led to confusion. RGBY, GSC, FRLG the opposite gender character did not co-exist with the playable character or the opposite gender did not co-exist with each other making the naming pattern easily however in RSE, DPPt, and HGSS the opposite gender character co-exist with the playable character.
I have already explained this to you. It has already been confirmed by the official Japanese Pokemon website that her name is Soul.

At first I thought that the HGSS girl name would most likely either be Heart or Soul, and that Gold would most likely keep his original name until it was learned that the opposite gender character will co-exist with the main character in HGSS and remembered the default names and the patterns they followed in the games play a role in determining what the character actual name will be in a game. I am allowed to have disagreements opposing views as and question theories especially if I gives reasons on why I think that a naming theory based off a past game could be flawed. You do not have to agree with me if you do not want to though.

And yes, she looks like Mario. Heck, even her HAT looks like that giant plumber's hat he wears, only white with a ribbon instead of red with a symbol. I can imagine Crystal in those clothes, though, strange as that sounds. XD
Yes the HGSS girl looks like a plumber I think that her warobe was influence by Mario. I think that though makes things more interesting. It does not surprise me though since the former director and creator of Pokemon Satoshi Tajiri use to be close friends with the Shigeru Miyamoto the person who created the character Mario.

bubblewrap
May 30th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Ehh, her outfit reminds me of Mario. That hat is so ****ing huge, I was like WTF WOULDN'T IT BE FALLING OFF EVERY TIME SHE WALKS?

RubyJB88
May 31st, 2009, 09:02 AM
Looks like a pouffe to me.

OokamiShipper
May 31st, 2009, 09:20 AM
Maybe Crys will have the new girl's clothes...
Or maybe the new girl will be like...her sister or something. ^^;

Clover Cat
May 31st, 2009, 09:27 AM
I went back to reread the GSC arc for the first time in a while (even though I've already read it often enough), and I was reminded of how Crys' mom dresses...Yeah, the idea that she gets the clothes from her is beginning to seem likely to me.XD

SuperLink
May 31st, 2009, 09:29 AM
Or maybe the new girl will be like...her sister or something. ^^;
That actually sounds most likely to me. Kris does afterall have an eccentric family. :P

I definitely don't think Kris will be replaced in the manga, nor do I think she will change her costume or hairstyle to match Soul's. Soul will either be a new character or not in it at all. Besides, unlike Leaf, who already looked quite similar to Green hairstyle wise, Soul looks almost nothing like Kris other than the pigtails.

So I'm beginning to think that a family member of Kris' is actually a really good idea. I hope they do it!