View Full Version : Confused about the spoiler tag - Me frustrated @@;

~*Silent Tattsu*~
September 21st, 2004, 10:51 AM
Hey Guys. I've been having problems with the spoiler tag recently. It's really irritating, and i've given up on using them recently >< When i try and use one i can only use a certain number of text, or it won't let you click on it. My sig is not almost the maximum number of figuires when i try the spoiler tag, and i haven't got a huge amount of text on it so it should be fine. I'm not going over the limits. What i don't understand is why i can only have like 5 words or it won't work x.x;; Is there a limit to the text on a tag or something? Cause these days i can't even have 2 lines without it not working. Please help.

September 21st, 2004, 10:59 AM
Did you hit enter inside the spoiler? Because that makes them not work right.

September 21st, 2004, 11:03 AM
Mine isn't working either. I had pressed enter in it but fixed that once Toto told me that would make it not work and it's still doesn't work.

September 21st, 2004, 11:39 AM
Can ya guys post the code you try to use?

September 21st, 2004, 11:48 AM
I would but I already took it out of my sig. So I guess I don't really need help anymore. ^_^

September 21st, 2004, 11:50 AM
Be sure you aren’t using apostrophes. There’s a way to use them, but for the purpose of debugging your tags to begin with, make sure there are non present.

September 21st, 2004, 11:55 AM
I didn't have apostrophes but I did have commas, colons, and semicolons. Would any of those mess it up?

~*Silent Tattsu*~
September 21st, 2004, 12:23 PM
w00t. Thanks for all the help guys! ^_^
After trying the advice Kairi gave me, and not using any apostrophes my spoiler tag worked. It should work from now on. Problem solved for me!

September 21st, 2004, 12:47 PM
Togepi—why don’t you try it again, and if it doesn’t work post exactly what you’re putting between the tags here?

September 21st, 2004, 3:06 PM
You can put apostrophes, just put a \ before it.
[*spoiler=Blah]Blah this isn\'t very interesting.[/spoiler]

September 21st, 2004, 3:43 PM
Togepiwhy dont you try it again, and if it doesnt work post exactly what youre putting between the tags here?
Well I basically had my friends list, my twin, and who I'm paired up with in it. But I like the glowing twin and pair up thing better so I just stuck the buddy list to how it was before.