PDA

View Full Version : Things that = mind blown in the pokemon world.

Poliwagged
May 13th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Post things that caught you off guard and blew your mind in the pokemon world.

For me, Ruby's hairhat.

I thought it was hair, then a part of me died.

ShinjisLover
May 13th, 2009, 09:56 PM
The fact that 10 year old children are allowed to go out and capture dangerous, wild animals with superpowers that could kill them and their parents don't care. O.0 That is the only thing that blows my mind. XD

crobatdeluxe
May 13th, 2009, 10:07 PM
The fact that 10 year old children are allowed to go out and capture dangerous, wild animals with superpowers that could kill them and their parents don't care. O.0 That is the only thing that blows my mind. XD

LOL. That got me laughing. The only thing that blow me away is that you throw a rock at a rampaging rhyhorn and it gets angry. Instead of attacking you it runs away. *come back here!*

BHwolfgang
May 14th, 2009, 03:27 AM
It's how some simple, little Pokémon like Magikarp could evolve into something as big as Gyrados. That blew my mind… for two minutes!

That, or Arceus. How the Hell could the Pokémon- … I'll continue my rant some other day.

Mitchman
May 14th, 2009, 03:32 AM
16+. Very rude thing.
Route 34 was the first place Pokemon breeding was introduced.
Those who frequent the internet or those who know what the number means will have their minds blown.

Second Coming of Jebus
May 14th, 2009, 04:18 AM
16+. Very rude thing.
Those who frequent the internet or those who know what the number means will have their minds blown.

OH GOD, MY MIND!!!!111oneonewun

nice find btw

The Scientist
May 14th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Machamp's exploding arms blew my mind.

Max_Damage39
May 14th, 2009, 04:30 AM

Hahaha that's awesome! I never noticed that before...

For me it was the whole HSOWA thing... How can a cat breed with a whale, honestly?

The Apprentice™
May 14th, 2009, 05:01 AM
What blew my mind is that no matter species whether mammals or reptiles or in object [porygon, drifloon] for example. All pokemon and have eggs lol.

Well except the legendarys lol but I would have liked to have a baby lugia lol

Psyburn
May 14th, 2009, 06:04 AM
When people said pokemon was witchcraft and black magic :P

Dunsparce
May 14th, 2009, 06:44 AM
-That people actually think of things in the Anime as Canon :/

It's like saying latest War of the Worlds Movie is just as credible a source as the original book made in the 1800's.

"I want Orange Islands" "I want Contest Battles" "I want Misty and Brock to follow me"

The Videogames, being the original source, are the only TRUE Canon.

Poliwagged
May 14th, 2009, 08:44 AM
16+. Very rude thing.
Hahaha. I found that out a few weeks ago and my jaw still isn't back in its proper place.

Rubber Ducky
May 14th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Metapod. Is it angry or sad? And the nose...

Artemis
May 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
What blew my mind? That even though electric type moves don't affect rock types, Ash's Pikachu has that strength.

Also, I too had my head blown off when I realized that Metapod's front was actually the back. xD

Alexithymia~
May 14th, 2009, 11:14 AM
How pokemon as large as gyrados could fit in a tiny pokeball.
Metapod has a back nose? ... o.O
*Mind has just been blown*

thedestinedblade
May 14th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Wild pokemon don't viciously attack humans. :]

Andcetera
May 14th, 2009, 12:44 PM
The fact that there is now a POKEMON GOD.
I mean...wtf?

processr
May 14th, 2009, 12:56 PM
What blew my mind? That even though electric type moves don't affect rock types, Ash's Pikachu has that strength.

Bzzt, back of the class, please. Electric-type moves deal normal damage to Rock-types.

(Though it is a little irrelevant, as the example you're referring to - presumably Blaine's Rhydon and AIM FOR TEH HORN - involved a part-Ground-type Pokémon. xD)

The thing about Pokémon that astounds me most is the fickleness of the average HGSS fanboy. ._.

Cheesymitten
May 14th, 2009, 01:03 PM
A thing that blows ma mind?
That there hasn't been anyone ruling over the land of pokemon, that there is now around 2 pokekmon Gods :S (Mew and Arceus please correct me if i'm wrong).

Aether
May 14th, 2009, 01:20 PM
What's Girafarig spelled backwards?

Sorry, I didn't mean to Pikachu in the shower.

Sudowudo: Pseudo Wood

processr
May 14th, 2009, 01:22 PM
A thing that blows ma mind?
That there hasn't been anyone ruling over the land of pokemon, that there is now around 2 pokekmon Gods :S (Mew and Arceus please correct me if i'm wrong).

It's never stated that Mew is a god in the Pokémon world, only that it may be the ancestor of all Pokémon. Equating that to a god would be like deifying an ancestor of man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_habilis).

Poliwagged
May 14th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Bzzt, back of the class, please. Electric-type moves deal normal damage to Rock-types.

(Though it is a little irrelevant, as the example you're referring to - presumably Blaine's Rhydon and AIM FOR TEH HORN - involved a part-Ground-type Pokémon. xD)

The thing about Pokémon that astounds me most is the fickleness of the average HGSS fanboy. ._.

thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis
OH MY GOD.

i can't even stand going to that board because I know someone is going to baw about kris or the fact that the trees look different.

but i am compelled to for some mystic reason that I have no control over.

KostK2Boss
May 14th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Post things that caught you off guard and blew your mind in the pokemon world.

For me, Ruby's hairhat.

I thought it was hair, then a part of me died.
that's nothing! Have you seen Flannery's hair? When I first saw her hair, I thought it was some kind of pink pokemon standing on her head... MIND EXPLOSION!

fenyx4
May 14th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Let's see...

1. DIGLETT HAVE TEH FEET!! IN POKEYMANZ MYSTERY DUNGEON 1!!! :cer_disbelief: :cer_sneeze:

2. That Ash gets to see every legendary Pokemon while I can't even get event Pokemon! :cer_pissed:

3. That a certain level of anime hotness has been achieved with Misty, May, Dawn, Maylene, Jasmine, Whitney, Flannery, Winona, Marina, Sabrina (FireRed artwork), and the new HG/SS playable girl. :cer_love:

4. That Giratina samples the roar of Mothra, and Dialga and Palkia sample the roars of Godzilla/Gojira, King Ghidorah, and the Stars Wars Boga in the DP Movie Trilogy. o_o

5. That I can basically walk into any house I want to in the games!

6. Generation IV introduced a slew of powerful moves!! :)

7. The epicness of Meteoric Swarm/Draco Meteor plus Roar of Time has been achieved.

8. Typing in: Tom Ato, Ann Chovy, or Caesar Salad actually gets redirects on Bulbapedia!

9. Nintendo and Game Freak are actually making HeartGold and SoulSilver! :D

10. The Pokemon Pop Quiz Book lied to me. :(

11. No Dark-type Gym exists yet!

12. Brendan/Sean's hair is FAKE! :cer_disbelief: I refuse to believe that! Now the coolness of his hair drops dramatically!

13. As of now, Marina is not in HG/SS!! Hope she at least gets a cameo...

14. HSOWA exists. *shudders*

15. Probopass and Spiritomb actually exist :disappoin

16. The Focus Sash/Band, Endeavor, (Quick) Attack, Rattata (F.E.A.R.) Tactic exists in both Gen. III (Focus Band, though unlikely) and Gen. IV!:t019:

17. I got the Pokerus in-game without cheating!! :o

18. Rayquaza, Embodiment of the Skies, can't learn freaking SKY ATTACK, yet Pidgey can! :cer_pissed: :(

Dunsparce
May 14th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Let's see...

1. DIGLETT HAVE TEH FEET!! IN POKEYMANZ MYSTERY DUNGEON 1!!! :cer_disbelief: :cer_sneeze:

2. That Ash gets to see every legendary Pokemon while I can't even get event Pokemon! :cer_pissed:

3. That a certain level of anime hotness has been achieved with Misty, May, Dawn, Maylene, Jasmine, Whitney, Flannery, Winona, Marina, Sabrina (FireRed artwork), and the new HG/SS playable girl. :cer_love:

4. That Giratina samples the roar of Mothra, and Dialga and Palkia sample the roars of Godzilla/Gojira, King Ghidorah, and the Stars Wars Boga in the DP Movie Trilogy. o_o

5. That I can basically walk into any house I want to in the games!

6. Generation IV introduced a slew of powerful moves!! :)

7. The epicness of Meteoric Swarm/Draco Meteor plus Roar of Time has been achieved.

8. Typing in: Tom Ato, Ann Chovy, or Caesar Salad actually gets redirects on Bulbapedia!

9. Nintendo and Game Freak are actually making HeartGold and SoulSilver! :D

10. The Pokemon Pop Quiz Book lied to me. :(

11. No Dark-type Gym exists yet!

12. Brendan/Sean's hair is FAKE! :cer_disbelief: I refuse to believe that! Now the coolness of his hair drops dramatically!

13. As of now, Marina is not in HG/SS!! Hope she at least gets a cameo...

14. HSOWA exists. *shudders*

15. Probopass and Spiritomb actually exist :disappoin

16. The Focus Sash/Band, Endeavor, (Quick) Attack, Rattata (F.E.A.R.) Tactic exists in both Gen. III (Focus Band, though unlikely) and Gen. IV!:t019:

17. I got the Pokerus in-game without cheating!! :o

18. Rayquaza, Embodiment of the Skies, can't learn freaking SKY ATTACK, yet Pidgey can! :cer_pissed: :(

Sky Attack is called something like "Summon Bird God" in Japan

fenyx4
May 14th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Sky Attack is called something like "Summon Bird God" in Japan

Yeah, but Aerodactyl's not a bird, yet it still learns it. But maybe that's because of the birds-are-related-to-flying-dinos theory...

Also, the Zubat family can learn Brave Bird, but they're not even birds!! Lastly, Groudon and Kyogre can learn the most powerful attacks of their associated types as well as OHKO moves:

Signature moves:
Groudon - Eruption (gets Drought/Sunny Day boost due to Fire-type)
Kyogre - Water Spout (gets Drizzle/Rain Dance boost due to Water-type + STAB )

OHKO moves:
Groudon - Fissure, matches Groudon's Ground-type
Kyogre - Sheer Cold, Ice-type (ice is comprised of water, referecing Kyogre's Water-type)

Though Rayquaza has Outrage to make up for no OHKO move (it has high power, accuracy, and STAB for Rayquaza despite confusion later), the only move it learns by level-up that references its legends dealing with the sky (Flying-type) is Fly, a moderately weak move compared to Groudon and Kyogre. Several large legendary version mascots can learn 100(+) Pwr moves by level-up:

Lugia - Hydro Pump (references "Guardian of the Sea" title)
Ho-Oh - Sky Attack (references "Guardian of the Skies" title)
Dialga - Roar of Time (references ability to control time)
Palkia - Spacial Rend (references ability to control space)
Giratina - Shadow Force (Shadow Meteor rename FTW, sounds cooler!); references ability to emerge from other dimensions

Rayquaza is currently the only legendary version mascot who does not have a move with the type (Flying-type, in this case) that refers to the legends surrounding it (living in ozone layer, descending from sky, Ziz origins, etc.).

As Aeroblast (with 100 Pwr) is exclusive to Lugia, Sky Attack is the only move with 100+ Pwr that Rayquaza could learn/be tutored (it is not necessarily exclusive to Ho-Oh, since Ho-Oh has Sacred Fire's exclusivity, and several other non-legendary Pokemon can learn Sky Attack)

It just really shocks/annoys me that Rayquaza's type of legends is not represented well in its movepool. Dragon-type does not count since it only serves to represent Rayquaza's draconic image, rather than its role in legends... *sighes* :t386: I just really want Game Freak to rectify this in HG/SS with tutors or tutors of future Pokemon games...

BHwolfgang
May 14th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Metapod's front is actually it's back? [/mind has been blown]

Dunsparce
May 15th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Yeah, but Aerodactyl's not a bird, yet it still learns it. But maybe that's because of the birds-are-related-to-flying-dinos theory...

Also, the Zubat family can learn Brave Bird, but they're not even birds!! Lastly, Groudon and Kyogre can learn the most powerful attacks of their associated types as well as OHKO moves:

Signature moves:
Groudon - Eruption (gets Drought/Sunny Day boost due to Fire-type)
Kyogre - Water Spout (gets Drizzle/Rain Dance boost due to Water-type + STAB )

OHKO moves:
Groudon - Fissure, matches Groudon's Ground-type
Kyogre - Sheer Cold, Ice-type (ice is comprised of water, referecing Kyogre's Water-type)

Though Rayquaza has Outrage to make up for no OHKO move (it has high power, accuracy, and STAB for Rayquaza despite confusion later), the only move it learns by level-up that references its legends dealing with the sky (Flying-type) is Fly, a moderately weak move compared to Groudon and Kyogre. Several large legendary version mascots can learn 100(+) Pwr moves by level-up:

Lugia - Hydro Pump (references "Guardian of the Sea" title)
Ho-Oh - Sky Attack (references "Guardian of the Skies" title)
Dialga - Roar of Time (references ability to control time)
Palkia - Spacial Rend (references ability to control space)
Giratina - Shadow Force (Shadow Meteor rename FTW, sounds cooler!); references ability to emerge from other dimensions

Rayquaza is currently the only legendary version mascot who does not have a move with the type (Flying-type, in this case) that refers to the legends surrounding it (living in ozone layer, descending from sky, Ziz origins, etc.).

As Aeroblast (with 100 Pwr) is exclusive to Lugia, Sky Attack is the only move with 100+ Pwr that Rayquaza could learn/be tutored (it is not necessarily exclusive to Ho-Oh, since Ho-Oh has Sacred Fire's exclusivity, and several other non-legendary Pokemon can learn Sky Attack)

It just really shocks/annoys me that Rayquaza's type of legends is not represented well in its movepool. Dragon-type does not count since it only serves to represent Rayquaza's draconic image, rather than its role in legends... *sighes* :t386: I just really want Game Freak to rectify this in HG/SS with tutors or tutors of future Pokemon games...

Lugia has Aeroblast
Ho-oh has Sacred Fire
Groudon has Drought
Kyogre has Drizzle
Rayquaza has Air Lock
Dialga has Roar of Time
Palkia has Spacial Rend
Giratina has Shadow Force

The Weather Trio were given exclusive abilities rather than exclusive moves.

Also, Rayquaza always was the odd-ball, as it has Has 2 Types as opposed to one AND a Higher Base Stat Total than Groudon or Kyogre

Rayquaza is more of a Mediator between the two rather than a third counterpart. That's why it's so different in many ways.