PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon NetBattle: Not a Friendly Place

Popstar Leafeon
May 14th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Hello there. You all may not know me, I'm Autumn Skye. Ever heard of Pokemon NetBattle? If yes, then I pity you. If no, BE GLAD.

It's a Pokemon game, granted. It's a different version of Shoddy Battle, as well. But the community SUCKS. Sure, there's a few good people here and there. But for the most part, it's not good.

They cuss like sailors. They tell anyone unique, like a furry such as myself, to get the f*** out. They talk about male anatomy like it's magical, and about female anatomy like it's repulsive. Ask them a question, and they're sure to answer it in a fashion you'd rather not hear. They think they're cool; they think they're awesome; they ain't nothing compared to the wonderful people of the PokeCommunity. Be glad; we've got a better community than a site that has at least 40,000 on it.

ShinjisLover
May 14th, 2009, 12:41 PM
They tell anyone unique, like a furry such as myself, to get the f*** out.

Censor bypass, much? XD

Really, does this constitute a thread, though? Anyway, from how you've described it, they sound like jackasses there. You'll be happy to know that most people on PokéCommunity are nice.

The Scientist
May 14th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Hello there. You all may not know me, I'm Autumn Skye. Ever heard of Pokemon NetBattle? If yes, then I pity you. If no, BE GLAD.

It's a Pokemon game, granted. It's a different version of Shoddy Battle, as well. But the community SUCKS. Sure, there's a few good people here and there. But for the most part, it's not good.

They cuss like sailors. They tell anyone unique, like a furry such as myself, to get the f*** out. They talk about male anatomy like it's magical, and about female anatomy like it's repulsive. Ask them a question, and they're sure to answer it in a fashion you'd rather not hear. They think they're cool; they think they're awesome; they ain't nothing compared to the wonderful people of the PokeCommunity. Be glad; we've got a better community than a site that has at least 40,000 on it.

Before I respond, I must say that I do not like it when people use unusually-colored text to post in. I mean come on now, is purple text really necessary? Just thought that I'd put an on-topic reply in what seems to be a venting thread.

Now, I used to use NetBattle, and moved to Shoddy Battle when NetBattle began losing people. So my first question is why are you still on NetBattle when Shoddy updates more frequently and has more [active] people?

Secondly, why are you announcing that you're a furry? Seems like you're looking for trouble. NetBattle has a simplistic IRC-like interface. You have no profile page, etc. So how will people know your personal preferences? If you know that announcing your furriness will draw flames and spite, why continue to do so?

Thirdly, I don't quite know what part of NetBattle you were lurking in, but I have never heard anyone refer to female anatomy as disgusting.

And lastly, Competetive battling tends to be the place you go after you know what you're doing and you want a quick battle. No one has the time to answer questions, especially when there are sites like this one and Smogon for you to get your answers on. It gets quite redundant after a while, and if I was subjected to "What's the best moveset for my Cacturne?" daily, I would be a bit irritated too.

Either way, I guess it's nice that you appreciate us here, but don't go glorifying the PC users yet... I've seen some pretty good trolls around these parts.

Cham
May 14th, 2009, 09:21 PM
They cuss like sailors.

I resent that, we don't cuss THAT much... and if you'll excuse me I'd like to ask what the heck is a furry?

Gymnotide
May 14th, 2009, 09:30 PM
A furry is something you should resort to urbandictionary for.

NB was alive way before Shoddy :|
And 2, this is the internet. Like 4chan.

edit It is magical.

Also, I fail to see the point of this thread. I think this belongs in the NetBattle forums.

Popstar Leafeon
May 14th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Shinjislover: They are. Some aren't, but most... Yikes.

Neiteio: To answer your questions:
1. Purple is my signature color to use.
2. I didn't know which to join at first, so I picked the one with the name Pokemon in it.
3. The forums. I posted ONCE, and I'd not even worked on my profile, and apparently, from my first post, they knew I was a furry. I don't get it. I'm not announcing it anywhere but here, because I know people here aren't cruel.
4. They talked like HOMOSEXUALS. I'm homosexual, but you don't see ME talking like they do.
5. I didn't ask questions, they just hated me for no reason. And is there REALLY a best moveset for any one Pokemon?

Cham: You obviously weren't on when I were. Sheesh, I've never seen more cussing in my LIFE! As for what is a furry, it's just a person who likes anthropomorphic animals. And people seem to hate us for that. We don't just... erm... wank, I dunno any nicer terms, to furry... erm... art, catch my drift, but we're merely like anything else. And we're subject to our own forum of things like sexism and racism, which I dub furryism. People hate us because we enjoy something. Do we hate them because they like TV? Do we hate them because they enjoy watching... erm... adult movies? No. We don't mind them, but they think we should die. Whoops, I went and ranted again! My bad!

Gymnotide: I got IP banned from the game, and I wasn't about to risk going back on the site. I get depressed easily, and they woulda driven me to suicide.

Gymnotide
May 14th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Shinjislover: They are. Some aren't, but most... Yikes.

Neiteio: To answer your questions:
1. Purple is my signature color to use.
2. I didn't know which to join at first, so I picked the one with the name Pokemon in it.
3. The forums. I posted ONCE, and I'd not even worked on my profile, and apparently, from my first post, they knew I was a furry. I don't get it. I'm not announcing it anywhere but here, because I know people here aren't cruel.
4. They talked like HOMOSEXUALS. I'm homosexual, but you don't see ME talking like they do.
5. I didn't ask questions, they just hated me for no reason. And is there REALLY a best moveset for any one Pokemon?

Cham: You obviously weren't on when I were. Sheesh, I've never seen more cussing in my LIFE! As for what is a furry, it's just a person who likes anthropomorphic animals. And people seem to hate us for that. We don't just... erm... wank, I dunno any nicer terms, to furry... erm... art, catch my drift, but we're merely like anything else. And we're subject to our own forum of things like sexism and racism, which I dub furryism. People hate us because we enjoy something. Do we hate them because they like TV? Do we hate them because they enjoy watching... erm... adult movies? No. We don't mind them, but they think we should die. Whoops, I went and ranted again! My bad!

1. It's always better to use the forum default. I won't be complaining since it's clear on my theme, but I don't know about others.

2. You should have tried both then... Or at the least, did some research.

3. Probably because of your avatar. The internet works this way.

3b. There's also the internet phenomena of labeling people as random titles. Your ostracism probably stemmed from your response, I'm guessing along the lines of "Yeah, so what?" or "How did you know?"

4. I don't appreciate this comment.

5. Yes, there is a best moveset for each Pokemon. It may change over time, but one is usually dominant over the rest.

5b. This is the internet. You just have to deal and be tolerant. In some ways, cruelty is a way of welcoming people. It's complicated.

6. This furry-homosexual thing really seems like a ploy to attract attention. I'm just saying. And please keep this stuff off the forums.

7. If you are going to kill yourself over a Pokemon simulation game, I really think you need to rework your priorities.

Popstar Leafeon
May 14th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Didn't use an avatar either. Like I said, I didn't edit jack when I joined. And no, I'm not doing it to attract attention. I get enough attention from my fiance, thank you very much. And they do talk like homosexuals constantly, using the male anatomy in every sentence, telling other guys to... do something, I will NOT say what, and, in general, acting rather... ****. If you don't like the facts, then stop reading this thread. And I wasn't gonna kill myself over a game, it would have been over how horrible they made me feel.