PDA

View Full Version : Do you like serebii.net

ledian890
May 14th, 2009, 03:31 PM
What do you like about serebii.net?

wolf
May 14th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Serebii is fine, don't see any problems with the site. The site gives some useful facts Bulbapedia doesn't give. A few people at the forums can be annoying every now and then though. Hope this thread doesn't turn into a rant war again. [/shot]

Andcetera
May 14th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I only go to serebii for updates and IV calculator, its ok. The forum can be full of a$$holes though, admins included.

Cham
May 14th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I do enjoy the site, it has a ton of good information. I used to belong to the forums, and I am suprised (and a bit disappointed) in how dead the forums in comparison to how active the site itself is.

Lt_Nite
May 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I don't go to the forums but I go to see info like where pokemon are in games, certain features, and like level up moves. It's a really great site and useful for me.

♣Gawain♣
May 14th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I like the site. I usually research on pokemon that can be used for EV training and suitable moves. I see no fault at that site.

ShinjisLover
May 14th, 2009, 07:21 PM
The site is great. The forums are terrible.

*waits for Serebii to rave and rant*

thedestinedblade
May 14th, 2009, 07:24 PM
For some reason, I usually just check to see the Pokemon of the week. The forums themselves are down a lot anyways, or they use to be.

Gars129
May 14th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I always get my updates there and i like the Potw and wifi chat.

As for the forums, ive rarely checked them.

ledian890
May 14th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I like serebii.net beacause you can trade pokemon its really fun.

Mileyangel
May 14th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Site: Yes
Forums: No

Just my opinion, the people are kinda snooty there...

The site is very helpful, however.

Heiheipig
May 14th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Honestly, I just go there for IV calculator and Pokemon of the week (lack of 4th gen information in 3 gen pokemon).

PokeMaster1
May 14th, 2009, 08:20 PM
The informational Serebii.net I use quite often, but I basically despise the forums.

BHwolfgang
May 14th, 2009, 08:31 PM
The informations I can get from that site is unbelievable. However, from the way others have stated, the forums are terrible?

I have no problem with the whole site, as I haven't ventured far enough…

JX Valentine
May 14th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Personally, the only things I need from a Pokémon site are an online 'dex, news, and random factoids that I might use in fanfiction. I tend to just glean news from forums and Bulbanews, it's easier to search for random facts via Bulbapedia's search engine, and Serebii's separate 'dexes combined with the inability to right click mean I have to load the site's front page and navigate from there multiple times to get all the information I need from an online 'dex. (I could just save everything to my bookmarks, but even then, I'd have to switch back and forth between tabs when I'd rather have everything about every generation on one page.) Not saying that the information is bad. I'm just saying that it's easier for me to go elsewhere. For example, I'm sure having separate gens in their own 'dexes works for some people, but it just doesn't for me for my own reasons.

In other words, I'm sure it's a great site, but it just doesn't fit my needs. So, I'm more indifferent to it.

The forums I haven't sampled enough, to be honest, so I can't comment on it, really.

.:Kanto:.
May 14th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I only go there for the news.. but they do a very good job with it! I always go on that site! :)

Legen
May 14th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Yeah i like serebii, its pretty useful

Went
May 14th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Discussion about websites is not something that fits here, so I'll close it :\