PDA

View Full Version : Zapdos Articuno or Moltres

Electricz
May 16th, 2009, 01:39 AM
If Zapdos Articuno and Moltres were in a battle who would win?

i say Zapdos cuz Articuno weak to Moltres and Zapdos is also Electric weakness to flying so Zapdos would win

Ampy
August 13th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Articuno, Articuno's Sp. Def, holds it on pretty good

Intoxicated
August 13th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I agree with the above. Articuno ftw.

Devil's Guitarist
August 13th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Zapdos rulezzzz,why?simple:
-electric attacks
-super coolness,just awesome

Pirate Dave
August 13th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Zappy would win if SR was up. 50% SR damage ftl.

Logiedan
August 13th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Poor Moltres. No one has voted for Moltres.
I choose Articuno. Just because I like Ice.
Articuno's Movesets are pretty cool too.

dotKarma
August 13th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Articuno. For being cool (no pun intended). It's just my favorite of the three for some reason. I've always been drawn to water and/or ice pokemon.

Static Pichu
August 13th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Ever since I was little and first watched pokemon 2000, I've Loved Articuno!
Btw: Articuno's Blizzard could probably KO a Zapdos in one hit.

METHOD_REPLEKIA/.
August 13th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I say Articuno. It's just so elegant looking. I can't help but choose it.

PsychoJigglypuff
August 13th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Articuno wins. The fact that it learns Mind Reader and Sheer Cold means it could practically defeat any Pokemon in two turns. This wouldn't work on Pokemon with the Sturdy ability, but none of the birds have it.

Azonic
August 13th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I like Articuno the best for its gracefulness. <3

Zapdos would win in the battle because it's probably the strongest out of the three, PLUS it has access to a STABed Thunderbolt which is supereffective against both Articuno and Moltres.

coolcatkim22
August 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Well let's see.
Electricity and fire would be so hot they would melt ice.
If ice melts it turns into water.
Water puts out the fire. Water, though, is a conductor so it would make the electricity stronger.
However, electricity can causes fire making the fire stronger.

Then there's the fact of the sky which all three make use of.
Electricity and Ice can be found in the sky making them stronger.
But the sun is also in the sky giving fire power.
If Ice is turn to water then it gains power from the moon.

If it is daylight the fire has enough power to not only melt ice but evaporate it.
This is not good for fire for ice is now in the sky where it can gain power from.
Not only that but because of the sea breeze the ice can interlope on the land where fire resides.
If it is night time the water may have power.
But the land breeze allows the heat to interlope it's territory making the water weaker.

Then there is the wind.
They all gain it's power due to their power in the sky.
Fire also get's it's power from the wind as wind makes a fire grow stronger.
Ice created the wind so it gains it's power as well.
Wind can be turned into electricty so it gains it's power.

In fact, both fire and ice can create electricity.
But this also makes electrcity dependent on them.

So, I'm going to go with Zapdos, just because I think Moltres and Articuno would fight with each other so much they'd tire them selves out before they fight Zapdos.

Dj2030
August 13th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Moltres, Because ... lol

Just Because :)

Bagel
August 13th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Either Moltres or Zapdos (Not playing favs)

Its just the type. Moltres would be good against Zapdos and Articuno, and Zapdos would be good against Moltres and Articuno. Articuno is Ice so it would lose to Electric and Fire types. Duh.

Azonic
August 13th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Um...Well let's see.
Electricity and fire would be so hot they would melt ice.
If ice melts it turns into water.
Water puts out the fire. Water, though, is a conductor so it would make the electricity stronger.
However, electricity can causes fire making the fire stronger.We're really not basing this on logic of elements and stuff. Pokemon pretty much has its own rules. Fire does melt ice, and electricity *would* but it's normal effectiveness in Pokemon.
If ice is melted, it would turn into water, yes, but the water wouldn't be utilized at all. You're just gonna see puddles of water on the ground that really won't do a thing.
And electricity does NOT make a fire stronger. If you electrocute your Arcanine, I'm pretty sure it won't get any stronger than it was.

Then there's the fact of the sky which all three make use of.
Electricity and Ice can be found in the sky making them stronger.
But the sun is also in the sky giving fire power.
If Ice is turn to water then it gains power from the moon.
And how exactly would Electricity and Ice be strengthened? You can't find electricity in the sky. Lightning is not there to begin with, it is created. The only way for lightning to have the smallest effect on the battle is if it strikes the birds while they're flying. Zapdos is damaged because it doesn't have Volt Absorb, so lightning would actually do some damage. The fact that you can find miniscule ice particles really makes no difference to Articuno's strength either. So what if there's ice? Articuno can produce ice anyways. Just because you can find the same element of its type doesn't strengthen them in any way at all.
The sun will really only have an effect on Moltres when the rays are actually strengthened, which is only able to be performed through the use of the move Sunny Day.
And I ... really haven't the slightest idea how you relate water to the moon. @_@ Water won't be used in this battle anyways.
If it is daylight the fire has enough power to not only melt ice but evaporate it.
This is not good for fire for ice is now in the sky where it can gain power from.
Not only that but because of the sea breeze the ice can interlope on the land where fire resides.
If it is night time the water may have power.
But the land breeze allows the heat to interlope it's territory making the water weaker.Moltres cannot and will not melt and evaporate Articuno. @_@
Ice =/= water vapor. Remember. And even if there was ice, Articuno will not gain power because it's unaffected by ice surrounding it, really.
Sea breeze. Wow, a 1 mph wind is gonna make a huge difference.
Don't know how you relate water to nighttime, and none of the birds are even part water. >_>

Minor details like water vapor and heat and what time of day will not play a role in the battles. You should get into competitive battling to understand better? ._.

Then there is the wind.
They all gain it's power due to their power in the sky.
Fire also get's it's power from the wind as wind makes a fire grow stronger.
Ice created the wind so it gains it's power as well.
Wind can be turned into electricty so it gains it's power.

In fact, both fire and ice can create electricity.
But this also makes electrcity dependent on them.

So, I'm going to go with Zapdos, just because I think Moltres and Articuno would fight with each other so much they'd tire them selves out before they fight Zapdos.[/QUOTE]

Vaporeongirl
August 13th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Articuno,cuse he is awesome an still has ice time which are effective against flying tipes

Fenrir Reki
August 13th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Articuno would win because of its moves. Even though it could easily lose to Moltres, it can beat it and Zapdos easily.

Samme!
August 13th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Usually, i would none of them because they are all so mean and never stop fighting each other :O I'm pretty sure if they just let Dr. Brock use his psychiatric skills to figure out the problem when Lugia's not around everything would be better for them.

But in this situation, there was a poll, so I voted Articuno. He/She/It is so pretty and elegant He/She/It was able to steal my vote ;D

coolcatkim22
August 13th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Cherii: There are people here who are voting on Articuno just because it's pretty and you are questioning my answer...

IceSage
August 13th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I unbiasedly chose Articuno without even reading the topic description. However, my vote still holds true. The Sp. Defense of Articuno can take a good couple of hits. Also, some of the special attacks like Ice Beam pack a serious punch over some other move types. About 1 or 2 Ice Beams are One-Hit KOs. Articuno can take a good 3 hit beating.

Demigod
August 13th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Zapdos. But for moveset it's Moltres. Even tho i like ice ^^

Power = Zapdos>Moltres>Articuno

DonRoyale
August 13th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Everyone thinks "OMG MIND READER + SHEER COLD, OMFGPAWN". OHKO CLAUSE, OMFGPAWN.

How Articuno always wins these stupid polls is beyond me. Sure, it's the best-looking of them in terms of it's graceful, but Zapdos is not only cooler-looking, but it's the only one that doesn't get raped by Stealth Rock. How NONE of Articuno's voters take Stealth Rock into account is beyond me. It can't switch into anything without horribly dying. :|

And even then, it can't do much of anything to opponents but wall...
Sort of.

Zorua
August 13th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Well technically, they already have fought, pretty much(have you ever seen Pokemon the movie 2000? o_o). It'll all be a tie, most likely.

Yuri Lowell
August 13th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I'd say Zapdos, power wise.. but generally I prefer Articuno.

I think it's pretty, I like Ice types, aaand I like it's attacks.. even if they're not the strongest.

XxDawnfanxX
August 13th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I prefer Articuno, I love it's ice based attacks and it's design is very cool, very beautiful. I love all three legendary birds, they are no doubt my favorite legendary trio. No one is giving Moltres enough credit. It is very powerful with it's fire type moves, Zapados has the best looking, intimidating design. He was my favorite growing up as a kid.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 14th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Moltres because fire burns people. Poor Moltres, why does everyone hate you so...

I'm a fan of fire types.

Pokedude45
August 14th, 2009, 04:11 AM
neither

Didn't you watch the 2nd movie

They didnt stop fighting so lugia had to break it up

LegendMaster97
August 14th, 2009, 04:25 AM
i have to go with zapdos because
Electric is super effective against flying (articuno) andd flying(moltres)
and he is the middle sibling so he is under appreciated.

Timbjerr
August 14th, 2009, 06:05 AM
in terms of my favorite, Zapdos...

in terms of the question presented in the first post, probably Zapdos again. STAB Thunderbolt puts a huge dent on the other two, while Moltres's typing only give him an advantage over Articuno and Articuno's typing only give it an advantage over Zapdos. Keep in mind that Zapdos is the only one of the three to resist STAB flying attacks.

Azelf118
August 14th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I vote Articuno because it looks so cool! I love Ice and Physcic pokemon!

Charizard★
August 14th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Zapdos is just the shizz! :3

chevelleROCKER
August 14th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I'd say Articuno mainly because it was the very first legendary I caught (Pokemon Red) and it's sprite was amazing looking in the original red version. 8]

Azonic
August 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Cherii: There are people here who are voting on Articuno just because it's pretty and you are questioning my answer...
Yes, that is exactly what I'm doing.

coolcatkim22
August 14th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Yes, that is exactly what I'm doing.

Oh, okay, I just wanted clarification.

Avey
August 14th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I like Articuno the best for its gracefulness. <3

Zapdos would win in the battle because it's probably the strongest out of the three, PLUS it has access to a STABed Thunderbolt which is supereffective against both Articuno and Moltres.

It's like he read my mind and posted what I wanted to say with bigger words :(

Sora
August 14th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I've always liked Articuno the best. You'll have to blame it's tail. XD;

But for the poll, Zapdos would mostly likely win.

.hack
August 14th, 2009, 02:21 PM
This already happened in Pokemon 2000.
And Articuno was first down!
I doubt Moltres could take Zapdos so I vote Zapdos.

Superjub
August 15th, 2009, 03:14 AM
I think Zapdos would probably win if it was a battle, but...

I love Articuno. <3 it's my favourite Generation I pokemon, and it looks so pretty. :3 Plus, it's blue, and I like blue. xD

BigIce17
August 15th, 2009, 05:33 AM
zapdos all the way! Eletric -> flying. Articuno would lose overall.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 15th, 2009, 06:20 AM
My favorite Pokemon and also one of my favorite legendaries since I only like 2 (the other being Giratina) is Zapdos =)

Niprop
August 15th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Sheercold + Mindreader will destroy both Zapados AND Moltres regardless of...Well, anything. But if we're talking about competitive battling, Zapados is the clear winner.

Captain Hobo.
August 15th, 2009, 08:05 AM
I would say Zapdos because it's my favorite and the most powerful.

Satoshi Ookami
August 15th, 2009, 08:13 AM
I always loved Zappy from this trio :)
So Zapdos is my choice :)
And he can zap the other two with this thunder :D

Furball The Umbreon
August 15th, 2009, 08:15 AM
i like zapdos because he is all awesome and spikey

Oh, The Places You'll Go.
August 15th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Oh, Articuno.
It's number one anyway.
Artic"uno".

ice rules anywhere. anyday. anymoment. anyway.

LegendMaster97
August 15th, 2009, 09:02 AM
i realized more people started saying zapdos after i said it. weird but probably a coinsidense......