PDA

View Full Version : R/S/E Monospecies Challenge

Zeffy
May 17th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Hey there I'm UltimaZelfier. As you can see I am now starting a Monospecies challenge. I searched and there is 2 results of a Monospecies challenge, the first one was closed and the second one was way to old to post, so lets have fun starting a Monospecies Challenge!

RULES:

This is not a race, I repeat this is not a race!
No spamming.
Only one person can play one species.
You can play on either an emulator or a cartridge.
The challenge is finished after defeating the Elite 4.
No cheating, if you wish to cheat please notify me and give a good reason.
Do not use AR.
You can have up to 5 HM Slaves.
You may catch other Pokemon to fill your Dex but they are not to be trained.
You may use your starter before catching your chosen species.
You can still use your chosen Pokemon even if it evolves.
Trading is allowed if your Pokemon's evolution needs to trade.

The following list is the list of all the Pokemon you could use in the challenge (one person per species) They are all obtainable before the SECOND gym.

Mudkip
Torchic
Treecko
Poochyena = Taken by WisherWisherWish
Zigzagoon
Surskit
Wurmple = Taken by crobatdeluxe
Ralts
Zubat
Wingull
Shroomish = Taken by TempleKeeper
Skitty
Whismur
Nincada = Taken by cheeko
Geodude
Nosepass
Magikarp (fishing) = Taken by PotJamma
Tentacool (fishing)
Aron
Sableye = Taken by Giradialkia
Makuhita
Marill
Seedot
Mawile

If I have any missed Pokemon, please notify me.

lolwut
May 18th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I might try it with

whismur
poochyena
makuhita or sableye

Zeffy
May 18th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I might try it with

whismur
poochyena
makuhita or sableye

Umm one person per species and you can have 5 HM slaves, so what is your REAL choice?

Second Coming of Jebus
May 19th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Wut? I don't really understand this challenge >.<

WisherWisherWish
May 19th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Poochyena.
Of course. It's my fav. So is Torchic and Ralts. :P

Zeffy
May 19th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Wut? I don't really understand this challenge >.<
You will do a challenge using the Pokemon you pick, only one species. You can have 5 HM slaves at all.

Poochyena.
Of course. It's my fav. So is Torchic and Ralts. :P

OK I'll add you to the list, Post updates please.

templekeeper
May 19th, 2009, 06:23 AM
You forgot Mawile.

I'll do Shroomish.

giradialkia
May 19th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Question-
Rather than saying mono-Pokemon challenge, you said monospecies. It's pretty clear what you mean, but could a person play through using multiple Pokemon of that species, for example 3 Poochyena? Technically they're not breaking the rules.
Put me down for Emerald: Sabeleye. No weaknesses! Score.. XD

Zeffy
May 19th, 2009, 07:35 PM
You forgot Mawile.

I'll do Shroomish.
Oh I forgot Mawile I'll add it in. I'll also add you to the list, please post updates.

Question-
Rather than saying mono-Pokemon challenge, you said monospecies. It's pretty clear what you mean, but could a person play through using multiple Pokemon of that species, for example 3 Poochyena? Technically they're not breaking the rules.
Put me down for Emerald: Sabeleye. No weaknesses! Score.. XD
Yes you can have up to 6 same species of Pokemon like for example 6 Zigazagoons or 6 Linoons. Good choice I'll add you to the list.

Good like to both of you
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

crobatdeluxe
May 19th, 2009, 10:03 PM
You can still use your chosen Pokemon even if it evolves.

What if it evolves into two species? e.g. Wurmple >> Beautifly or Dustox. Is it allowed?

If yes, sign me up for Wurmple. If not, then sign me up for Whismur.

Thanks...

giradialkia
May 19th, 2009, 10:32 PM
What if it evolves into two species? e.g. Wurmple >> Beautifly or Dustox. Is it allowed?
I doubt it. It IS a monospecies challenge after all, and although they originate from the same species, they themselves are different. If you really want to have more than one Wurmple, you'll probably have to have the same evos by softresetting (or however the heck you make Wurmple evolve into what you want...)

Translator
May 19th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Sounds like fun. Sign me up for Nincada or Ralts. I'll think it over this day and tell my decision tomorrow. Thanks. :)

Zeffy
May 20th, 2009, 04:50 AM

If yes, sign me up for Wurmple. If not, then sign me up for Whismur.

Thanks...
Um yes you can have 2 Wurmples that have two different evos. I'll add you to the list with Wurmple OK?

Sounds like fun. Sign me up for Nincada or Ralts. I'll think it over this day and tell my decision tomorrow. Thanks. :)
I will be waiting then!

templekeeper
May 20th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Alright, so far I've only gone 2 hours and one hour per badge. May is down, and I'm clearing the rest of the trainers between Mauville and Slateport. I'm only using one Breloom. The only chance I have of beating Winona and Maxie is being extremely overleveled. Nothing special yet.

white lancer
May 20th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Does the person who chooses Nincada get to use both Shedinja and Ninjask? XD

Translator
May 20th, 2009, 04:22 PM
So, I've already made up my mind, and I'm going to do this challenge with Nincada. :)

Zeffy
May 20th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Alright, so far I've only gone 2 hours and one hour per badge. May is down, and I'm clearing the rest of the trainers between Mauville and Slateport. I'm only using one Breloom. The only chance I have of beating Winona and Maxie is being extremely overleveled. Nothing special yet.
Nice, you have a high chance of losing winning against Winona if you are about on the 70's. Hard but you only level up one Pokemon so its not that hard.

Does the person who chooses Nincada get to use both Shedinja and Ninjask? XD
Yes.

So, I've already made up my mind and I'm going to do this challenge with Nincada. :)
Nice choice. I'll add you to the list, please post updates OK?

PatJamma
May 20th, 2009, 07:57 PM
magikarp plz. Magikarp is one of my favorite pokemon

Translator
May 20th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Nice choice. I'll add you to the list, please post updates OK?

Sure thing. :) I'll totally dump Ninjask in the PC and have Shedinja as my Pokemon with 5 HM slaves. LOL. :)

Zeffy
May 20th, 2009, 08:21 PM
magikarp plz. Magikarp is one of my favorite pokemon
I thought no one would take Magikarp, you can still use your starter but when Magikarp knows Tackle yoou need to box your starter Okies?

Sure thing. :) I'll totally dump Ninjask in the PC and have Shedinja as my Pokemon with 5 HM slaves. LOL. :)
LOL, I never thought you would do that. You can have 2 Shedinjas if you want.

PatJamma
May 20th, 2009, 08:45 PM
oh ok lol I was just going to make it use strugle lol

Translator
May 20th, 2009, 09:22 PM
LOL, I never thought you would do that. You can have 2 Shedinjas if you want.
Really.? :) Anyway, I'm still thinking if I should dump Ninjask in the PC or use it together with Shedinja. :)

Zeffy
May 20th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Really.? :) Anyways, I'm still thinking if I should dump Ninjask in the PC or use it together with Shedinja. :)

Hmm you should use it together with Shedinja because Ninjask have high speed.

templekeeper
May 21st, 2009, 05:17 AM
http://www.serebii.net/torouze/pokemon/286.png
Lv. 59
Mega Drain*
Sludge Bomb
Mach Punch
Sky Uppercut

*to be replaced with Giga Drain

I'm about to take on the Elite Four. This movepool should be fine except for Drake. By the way, the Trick Master is huggable.

Translator
May 21st, 2009, 05:32 AM
Lv. 59
Mega Drain*
Sludge Bomb
Mach Punch
Sky Uppercut

*to be replaced with Giga Drain

I'm about to take on the Elite Four. This movepool should be fine except for Drake. By the way, the Trick Master is huggable.
Wow. I can't believe that you got through the whole thing so fast. :)

crobatdeluxe
May 21st, 2009, 06:21 AM
>>UPDATES<<

Well, I got to start right here and now.

~started with a guy named Bugger.
~chose Torchic. (May's would be a marshtomp at the end so that would be no problem for dustox and beautifly.)\
~defeated her.
~got Dex and balls. time to start.
~caught two wurmle and luckily, one evolved to a silcoon and the other cascoon.
~called it a day.
~saved: Oldale Town

>>CURRENT TEAM<<

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/4/41/Spr_3e_266.gif
LV. 8
~Tackle
~String Shot
~Harden

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/7e/Spr_3e_268.gif
LV.7
~Tackle
~String Shot
~Harden

giradialkia
May 21st, 2009, 07:30 AM
I started yesterday. Male trainer, named Emerald. Picked Treecko. Got to Rustboro, didn't battle any trainers on the way (excepting those twins on that bridge between the woods and Rustboro). Battled all Gym Trainers, beat Roxanne, beat that Aqua Grunt. Went to Dewford, caught two Sabeleye, one male (nicknamed Diamond) and one female (called Pearl). Went back to all previous trainers, currently training. Both Sabeleye now level 12.

templekeeper
May 21st, 2009, 07:45 AM
Lv. 62
Mega Drain
Sludge Bomb
Mach Punch
Sky Uppercut

That was intense. So...

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/b/ba/E_Sidney.png
Easy--Mach Punch (40 BA -_-) could handle 'em.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/d/d7/E_Phoebe.png
I knew she'd cause me an issue since my former Secret Power and fighting moves couldn't touch her. I ended up (outta laziness) keeping Mega Drain the entire time, so I had to rely on the halved Sludge Bomb. Took some heals...

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/0/00/E_Glacia.png
No Probs

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/3/34/E_Drake.png
Shelgon...easy. Flygons one and 2...good for using his potions. Salamence was a problem. Thankfully, Sky Uppercut can hit when it "powers up" for a Fly attack; without that, I would have been in serious trouble. I thought he had another Shelgon. I got worried when I saw Altaria.
It wasted time Dragon Dancing while Sludge Bomb took it down and poisoned it. He healed it, and the process continued one more time before I won.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/8/88/RS_Steven.png <--they didn't transparentize him
Skarmory wasn't bad-wastes its time with Spikes. Cradily was a gift. I assumed Metagross would be as much of a problem as Salamence, but the normal damage from Sky Uppercut did it. I knew about Aggron, but I had forgotten about Claydol. A Psychic attack would have finished me, but it never did that. So I Mega Drained for a while, and he healed it once. I paid here for not having Giga Drain and making my life easier, but it never used Psychic. I looked it up on Bulbapedia just now, and it doesn't even have Psychic. So I was fine either way. *4 on Aggron, yeah...

Cool, finished the challenge. That was fun. Breloom is pretty solid, so it wasn't hard-

Translator
May 21st, 2009, 07:55 AM
I haven't updated yet. Even so, I'll post an update as soon as, I can. :)

PatJamma
May 21st, 2009, 03:57 PM
can I hack it and put the fisherman that give you the old rod on route 103 that way I don't have to wait until dewford town to get my magikarp? or is that agenst the rules?

Zeffy
May 21st, 2009, 08:52 PM
Lv. 62
Mega Drain
Sludge Bomb
Mach Punch
Sky Uppercut

That was intense. So...

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/b/ba/E_Sidney.png
Easy--Mach Punch (40 BA -_-) could handle 'em.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/d/d7/E_Phoebe.png
I knew she'd cause me an issue since my former Secret Power and fighting moves couldn't touch her. I ended up (outta laziness) keeping Mega Drain the entire time, so I had to rely on the halved Sludge Bomb. Took some heals...

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/0/00/E_Glacia.png
No Probs

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/3/34/E_Drake.png
Shelgon...easy. Flygons one and 2...good for using his potions. Salamence was a problem. Thankfully, Sky Uppercut can hit when it "powers up" for a Fly attack; without that, I would have been in serious trouble. I thought he had another Shelgon. I got worried when I saw Altaria.
It wasted time Dragon Dancing while Sludge Bomb took it down and poisoned it. He healed it, and the process continued one more time before I won.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/8/88/RS_Steven.png <--they didn't transparentize him
Skarmory wasn't bad-wastes its time with Spikes. Cradily was a gift. I assumed Metagross would be as much of a problem as Salamence, but the normal damage from Sky Uppercut did it. I knew about Aggron, but I had forgotten about Claydol. A Psychic attack would have finished me, but it never did that. So I Mega Drained for a while, and he healed it once. I paid here for not having Giga Drain and making my life easier, but it never used Psychic. I looked it up on Bulbapedia just now, and it doesn't even have Psychic. So I was fine either way. *4 on Aggron, yeah...

Cool, finished the challenge. That was fun. Breloom is pretty solid, so it wasn't hard-
Congratulations I'll send you something via PM. You were very lucky I hope I'm like you!

I started yesterday. Male trainer, named Emerald. Picked Treecko. Got to Rustboro, didn't battle any trainers on the way (excepting those twins on that bridge between the woods and Rustboro). Battled all Gym Trainers, beat Roxanne, beat that Aqua Grunt. Went to Dewford, caught two Sabeleye, one male (nicknamed Diamond) and one female (called Pearl). Went back to all previous trainers, currently training. Both Sabeleye now level 12.

Nice nicknames, keep up the updates.

>>UPDATES<<

Well, I got to start right here and now.

~started with a guy named Bugger.
~chose Torchic. (May's would be a marshtomp at the end so that would be no problem for dustox and beautifly.)\
~defeated her.
~got Dex and balls. time to start.
~caught two wurmle and luckily, one evolved to a silcoon and the other cascoon.
~called it a day.
~saved: Oldale Town

>>CURRENT TEAM<<

Ok keep the updates!

I haven't updated yet. But I'll post an update as soon as I can. :)
I'll wait :)!

can I hack it and put the fisherman that give you the old rod on route 103 that way I don't have to wait until dewford town to get my magikarp? or is that agenst the rules?

You need to wait. Well if you chose Mudkip it will be easy for you!

Vuallum
May 22nd, 2009, 04:24 AM
I'll take a shot at this using Mudkip on Emerald :)

crobatdeluxe
May 22nd, 2009, 04:36 AM
>>UPDATES<<
~defeated all trainers in Route 102.
~Wally showed me how to catch. LOL.
~Grinded route 102 again.
~evolved silcoon and cascoon.
~defeated grunt.
~went out Petalburg forest
~got tired and called it day

>>CURRENT TEAM<<

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/2/23/Spr_3r_267.png
Lv. 13
~Tackle
~Gust
~Poison Sting
~Absorb

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/75/Spr_3r_269.png
LV. 13
~Tackle
~Poison Sting
~Gust
~Confusion

Ryu-kun
May 22nd, 2009, 08:25 AM
Can I use the Zubat/Crobat?

Zeffy
May 22nd, 2009, 07:35 PM

Ok good luck and keep posting updates.

>>UPDATES<<
~defeated all trainers in Route 102.
~Wally showed me how to catch. LOL.
~Grinded route 102 again.
~evolved silcoon and cascoon.
~defeated grunt.
~went out Petalburg forest
~got tired and called it day

>>CURRENT TEAM<<

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/2/23/Spr_3r_267.png
Lv. 13
~Tackle
~Gust
~Poison Sting
~Absorb

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/75/Spr_3r_269.png
LV. 13
~Tackle
~Poison Sting
~Gust
~Confusion

OK keep it up!

Can I use the Zubat/Crobat?

Ok I'll add you to the list!

Vuallum
May 23rd, 2009, 03:09 AM

Jee... I really have been bored since the last 22 hours...

- Begun Emerald, chose male and named myself MaDkIp.
- Soft reset to get a female Mudkip + usual carp leading up to horrible freedom.
- Captured Lotad (Male) and rand zigzagoon (Cut/Rock Smash) slaves, (Level 10)
- Cleared all trainers of routes 102, 104, and 105 along with Rustboro gym and Roxanne (Level 17)
- Delivered the letter to Steven post-haste and sailed on to Slateport, leaving Brawley for a spelled
- Dodged all trainers on slateports beach, dodged all but 3 on route 110 (level 20)
- Trained 5 more levels to be able to beat May, as such won using Oran Berry + Bide (Level 25)
- Defeated all the trainers that could cause issues with running back and forth with the breeding plan along routes 117 and 118 (Level 28)
- Bred Lotad and Marshtomp together, getting me 3 Mudkip eggs (13 levels for lotad o.O 2 for Marshtomp)
- Proceeded back to Route 101, just to make it look like all 4 of my Mudkip were received there :P
- 2 hours of grinding to get the mudkips to marhstomps, training up 4 of the same pogey is just annoying cause you just know you are going to say no to them learning the same moves over and over.
- Defeated Brawley with the marshtomp spawn, defeated all trainers on routes 118, 117, 110, 109 (land), 103 (land) and so the marhstomps were about level 20, with the mother being level 30.
- Trashed Wattson, I mean srsly, 4x marshtomps, Proceeded north.

(just assume I KO'd all trainers from this point on :P)

- Found Magma stealing a meteorite, proceeded south and then east through Rusturf tunnel and back north to the cable cart, trashed maxie (well, zubats poochyenas and numels/camerupt aren't going to do much to a 4x marshtomp team) *Level 26'ish*
- Went back to slateport to buy 4x Hidden Power TM's, used the cooltrainer's Kecleon to find out their elements (Dragon, Poison, Grass, Steel),
- Nicknamed the team dependant on their element HP, being Barbera for the female marshtomp (poison), Draco for the dragon, Chromius for the Steel, and Naturus for the Grass.
- Slammed Flannery our of business and grabbed me some Go-Goggles, and that Wynaut egg for good measure. (Level 30/31 team)
- Defeated the trainers in the Desert and took me the claw fossil from the mirage tower, took TM37 to only find out it was useless :( (Level 32 team)
- Had some interesting and annoying battles vs Norman's minions, and a somewhat easy battle vs Norman (When Marshtomp outspeeds Slaking, Dig is sweet.) (Level 34 team), got me a Pokenav registration from "MOM" and an amulet coin.
- Went to the abandoned ship and got me a TM13, taught to Draco cause he had the highest Sp.Attk and evolved all the team into Swamperts
- Journeyed to route 119 where my ultimate HM Slave was caught, Tropius, who was immediately taught strength, flash and rock smash, soon to learn Fly.
- Approached the Weather institute and Fortree city, beating enemies senseless with my overpowered and over leveled (imo) swamperts. (40 at Winona's end)
- Easily swept Winona off the map with Ice Beam and Surf from Draco. Proceeded East and south to Lilycove and Mt.Pyre. Getting me a magma emblem to go and play Metal Gear Solid on Magma's base :)
- Angered Maxie and beat his pokemon to a pulp forcing him to ditch his Groudon idea.
- Flew to slateport to see the submarine get stolen :(, chased those Aqua goons to lilycove and stole me a Master Ball, unfortunately that cursed Admin stopped me from surfing after Archie ><
- Skipped the trainers on routes 124 and 125, Surf'd to straight Mossdeep thinking my level 44/45 team could easily take out Tate & Liza, turns out that the score was 4-1 their way (meaning they took my 4 Swamperts and I only got Claydol ><)
- Defeated the trainers on routes 124 and 125, raising the team another 2 levels, took another shot at Tate & Liza and won! score was 2-4. Chucked Magma's sorry behinds out of the Space Center (OT: How on earth would they surf there?)
- Proceeded South onto route 127 and saved.

Team:
Naturus (Swampert) - 47, Male, Lax
Moves - HP(Grass), Bide (to be replaced), Mud Shot (To be EQ), Surf.

Chromius (Swampert) - 47, Male, Bashful
Moves - HP(Steel), Bide (as above), Mud Shot (as above), Surf (To be Waterfall)

Barbera (Swampert) - 47, Female, Lonely
Moves - HP(Poison), Toxic, Dig, Dive.
*Yes, she's a staller, just in case :P*

Draco (Swampert) - 48. Male, Hardy
Moves - HP(Dragon), Ice Beam, Mud Shot (refer to Naturus), Surf

Aims:
No moar damn training!
Get Pacifidilog and Sootopolis fly points
Awaken the brutal Kyogre
??
Hoenn domination.

Stats - Money $562099 (Yeah... I never use it)
Pokedex 9 (Ralts, Lotad, Mudkip-pert, Tropius, Zig, Wynaut, Castform)
Time 14:32

Edit - Finished!
- Got the fly points for Sootopolis and Pacifidilog towns, defeated all trainers along routes 130 & 131. Awakened Kyogre (Archie was ez).
- Averted the crisis and gained me a waterfall HM, flew to liliycove and removed Surf on Chromius for Waterfall.
- Defeated all of the trainers in Juan's gym, netting quite a bit of cash. Defeated Juan with little difficulty (His kingdra was annoying though... damn double team and rest).
- Scaled Evergrande's waterfall and proceeded through victory road, first time just getting through to the other side, 2nd time clearing all trainers and nabbing all items.
- Trained just a little more so the whole team was level 52 (should've gone higher), taught some Tm's to the team (Brick Break, Rock Tomb)
- Defeated Sydney with relative ease, Barbera unfortunately fell to Cacturne.
- Defeated Phoebe with a bit of trouble, lost most of Draco's EQ PP but thankfully never incurred her full restore powers.
- Defeated Glacia with more trouble than expected, Swamperts are kind of on the slow side.
- Trashed Drake and nearly lost Draco against Salamence but didn't.

- Had a horridly aweful time attempting to take out Wallace. 4x Swamperts vs a Ludicolo... After alot of resetting from being wiped out (not enough pots/revives/levels...) I finally beat Milotic (his final) with Barbera (I knew the stall tactic was needed!).

Stats - Money $771734
Pokedex 9 (Still, lulz)
Time 18:04

Team (Post Wallace)
Barbera (Swampert) - 52, Female, Lonely
Moves - HP(Poison), Toxic, Dig, Dive.

Draco (Swampert) - 54. Male, Hardy
Moves - HP(Dragon), Ice Beam, EQ, Surf

Chromius (Swampert) - 53, Male, Bashful
Moves - HP(Steel), Brick Break, EQ, Waterfall

Naturus (Swampert) - 54, Male, Lax
Moves - HP(Grass), Rock Tomb, EQ, Surf.

I might consider taking another challenge some time.

crobatdeluxe
May 24th, 2009, 01:37 AM
>>UPDATES<<
~defeated all trainers up to Roxanne
~got the Devon something
~delivered letter to Steven
~got Exp. Share.
~traded another exp. share <from Emerald, released the Marshtomp after>
~attached both exp. share to the insects.
~defeated Brawly
~did the slateport quest
~did the first trick house challenge, rival and all trainers.
~defeated Wally, and all trainers near mauville, and Wattson
~went back to Petalburg to catch a level 2. Zigzagoon (HM SLAVE)
~got rock smash and strenght
~got to Meteor falls, and Mt. Something. <forgot the name.>
~defeated Maxie
~grinded Jagged Pass
~defeated Flannery <took about dozen times>
~challenged Dad.
~EPIC LOSE. <i don't know why>
~got frustrated and saved.

>>CURRENT TEAM<<

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Ani267MS.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/f/fe/Ani267MS.png
LV. 35
~Silver Wind
~Mega Drain
~Stun Spore
~Morning Sun
<going to revamp movesets before E4. Going to manage with level-up moves.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/2/29/Ani269MS.png
LV. 35
~Silver Wind
~Light Screen
~Psybeam
~Moonlight
<same as Beautifly>

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/b/bc/Ani263MS.png
LV.2
~Rock Smash
~Tackle
~Growl
~Cut

Immortal_one
May 24th, 2009, 06:06 AM
This looks interesting...
I think I'll sign up for either Aron or Ralts
I'll have my decision in a couple hours :D

Ryu-kun
May 24th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Can I still cancel the Zubat thingy? Because my brother deleted my LG save, so I have to do it all again... So I have no time for this...

Immortal_one
May 24th, 2009, 01:16 PM
This looks interesting...
I think I'll sign up for either Aron or Ralts
I'll have my decision in a couple hours :D
I think I'll try my hand at Aron. Defense is always fun to try to max xD

uhhh6677
May 25th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I'll go for Whismur. I'll post updates soon.

EDIT: Update.

So I started my game (Ruby) and picked Mudkip, for HMs. I defeated May, and told Prof. Birch about it. May gave me 5 Pokeballs. Sweet. I headed over to Petalburg city dodging all of the trainers except one, because he's unavoidable. I helped Wally catch a Ralts. I then went into Petalburg Woods, again dodging all of the trainers. I went up to Rustboro, healed, then off to Rusturf Tunnel, where my Whismur awaited me. I caught a level 7 bold Whismur. Meh, could've been better. I then saved.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/a/ae/Ani293MS.gifAxton Lv. 7
-Pound
-Uproar
-
-

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/2/2b/Ani258MS.gif Mudkip Lv. 9 (HM slave)
-Tackle
-Growl
-Mud Slap
-

SkythurBathandBeyond151
May 26th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I'll take Torchic if I could.

(Is it okay if I started before posting this?)

uhhh6677
May 26th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I didn't get much done today, just some training for Roxanne. Boy, that'll be fun xD. A bit of grinding and here's my team:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/a/ae/Ani293MS.gif Axton Lv. 17
-Pound
-Uproar
-Astonish
-Howl

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/2/2b/Ani258MS.gif Mudkip Lv. 11 (HM slave)
-Tackle
-Growl
-Mud Slap
-Water Gun