Supersonic
Wing Attack
Leech Life or Astonish (I forget)

Mightyena lvl 23
Bite
Tackle
Rock Smash (Need to get rid of)
Roar

My team can be easily walled by the Leaders Magneton and I need a Stragitey to beat him

He has
Voltorb lvl 20 w/ Explosion
Electrike lvl 20
Magneton lvl 22
Manetric lvl 24

shanecdavis
May 20th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Marshtomp utterly destroys this gym, but that is beside the point. What you can do is backtrack to Granite Cave and catch yourself a Geodude. Level it up and it learns Magnitude at Lv16, which will take out Wattson's Pokemon with ease. Not only is a Ground-type helpful in this gym, but having a Pokemon that has a STAB Earthquake will come in handy later.

Sweet Candace
May 20th, 2009, 11:34 AM
You should've gotten Mudkip to start. Espcially since with Flannery being Gym Number 4. Try to catch a Geodude, like stated earlier.

RaikaCastillo
May 20th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Get a geodude in Granite Cave and level it up to where your other team is. By that time it will have learned magnitude. where you met Steven. It sometimes takes awhile to find one but it's worth it. You'll also have a good pokemon for Flannery who uses fire type.
As for how much to level up your Geodude, I say at least to where your Grovyle is. In fact, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have TWO Geodudes just in case he somehow faints one via Sonic Boom.
Yeah it normally isn't a good idea to have more than one or two pokemon of the same type in your party but since Gym Leaders do use only one type, it's good to have at least two that not only have decent defence against the the Gym Leader's type but can also deal offensively with them.
It also wouldn't be a bad idea to catch a Makuhita and evolve it into Hariyama at level 24. Fighting types are also good against Steel. Just make sure your Hariyama has the Special Defence to withstand those Electric Attacks in all their STAB glory :)