PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been scorned at for being a pokefan.

изм
May 20th, 2009, 02:06 AM
You see kids of all ages like pokemon, and some don't and find it childish, so have you ever been teased by someone for being a pokefan..?

around my area kids are not that interested in pokemon and rather prefer watching DBZ and other idiotic things and tease me for being a pokemon fan because i'm 17 :\

i'll relate it just being plain pokemon fan, so do people around you tease you for being a pokefan..?

XxDawnfanxX
May 20th, 2009, 02:32 AM
I have gotten it from a few friends/ a few people at school when I played my DS afer my finals. I was playing Diamond last year and people were cracking some jokes about it. I was a little embarrassed at first but I really don't care.I really like it, so it doesn't bother me. I have quite the majority of my friends still into it as well which helps.

Ninja Caterpie
May 20th, 2009, 02:46 AM
Why can't we pick all three?

People tease me, but I don't give a damn. Then I have my friends who like Pokemon too.

Gusxx1
May 20th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Well, nobody really knows. I'm a little old to be bringing my gameboy places just to play pokemon :P So i really only play it at home.

BHwolfgang
May 20th, 2009, 02:51 AM
I got a few sarcastic remarks that they said were serious, so I generally ignored them after that.

Everyone who knows me tease me because of it, but I know they're just playing in the end. :P Some of them actually are proud of me for telling them of my secret. That shows trust and honesty.

изм
May 20th, 2009, 03:10 AM
I know am going off-topic but what about other animes..?

Some anime fans barely look beyond DBZ; which is an anime full of dumb muscular people ; for pete's sake Krylin could've killed freezer! Solar Flare(freezer blinds out) + Destructo Disk = Freezer Salad (same thing that happened to Freezer wid his own destructo disks) Those guys would've save like 30 episodes if Krylin used his bald stupid head!

Atleast Pokemon is better than that ^ crap.

[ P.S : no offense to people who like DBZ, just my opinion. )

Azumi
May 20th, 2009, 03:50 AM

People tease me, but I don't give a damn. Then I have my friends who like Pokemon too.

This.

Though I have ONLY one friend who's into Pokemon.

pokerus34
May 20th, 2009, 03:56 AM
In our place, many adore Pokemon... We even have groups! We share Pokemon Experiences, watch movies and episodes, and Battle with our DS!

If somebody teases us, we just laugh and share what Pokemon is... After some days, they become a Pokemon Fan, too! :)

Life without Pokemon... Is Boring!

And Lame, too! ;)

Bibliophibian
May 20th, 2009, 05:07 AM
I got laughed at in middle school, as I was really the only one who still liked it.

Nowadays though I can bring my Gameboy over to a friend's house and hear things like "OH MAN! Is that Pokemon Blue? I loved that game!" Of course, they're still not really into it, but they can appreciate it as something that used to make them happy, and that's good enough for me. :3

deliriouspurple
May 20th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I never tease for being a pokefan before, it's pretty normal at my place, no one ever tease for being like that. I even shared it to someone even though they don'tl ike it, they find interest to it but not that much. ;)

Kirvy
May 20th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I never been teased for being like that, it's normal to us just like francine's post. But I never shared it to someone pokemon stuffs because they just ignore me, but it's not a tease or something.

templekeeper
May 20th, 2009, 07:30 AM
It's cool to carry around a DS with DPPt. It's retro. People like it.

hank jones
May 20th, 2009, 02:25 PM
mmm... I sort of keep it a secret. I never said anything about it and nobody knows i'm into it. The only reason is that everyone at my school that plays it is a big nerd... except for me of course (jock)

Alxprit
May 20th, 2009, 04:41 PM
People know I like it and they pretend to like it in a mocking way. I absolutely hate that.

Also, this one time a kid got his cellphone taken away so he brought a GBA and LeafGreen to school instead. Needless to say, it was a laugh fest, although he knew that Pokémon was dorky and he did it just to mock others who like it.

sirboulevard
May 20th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I've been a fan for years and when i was in School I got teased. But in college, no one cares. I actually have friends who come to me for advice. But for the people who think its nerdy, I dont give a ****.

Ru-Kun
May 20th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Well i get made fun of sometimes, but I really don't care.Most of my FRIENDS are fine with it, but there are a few knids in my class that get really annoying, even though I don't care.

Azonic
May 20th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Yes, which is why I don't tell anyone about my Pokemon fandom anymore.

airindia787
May 20th, 2009, 05:13 PM
No, because I have not told anyone about it.

If someone ever asks me if I like Pokemon, then I would tell them, and then I will come to this thread and tell whether I was scorned immediately following my reply.

The Apprentice™
May 20th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I don't get teased. Everyone around me excepts it. Even if they are not fans themselves.

doeboy9
May 20th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I never really kept it a secret but dont talk about it cuz I know nobody around here is still into it. I really dont care cuz its not like thats all I do. I still go to parties, dates..etc. When some one does find out I simply say "Yea I like pokemon so what" that usually end it. Plus is someone does try to say something im probably gunna end beatin some ass ; )

Feathing
May 20th, 2009, 05:53 PM
You see kids of all ages like pokemon, and some don't and find it childish, so have you ever been teased by someone for being a pokefan..?

around my area kids are not that interested in pokemon and rather prefer watching DBZ and other idiotic things and tease me for being a pokemon fan because i'm 17 :\

i'll relate it just being plain pokemon fan, so do people around you tease you for being a pokefan..?

I agree with you buddy, kids don't like Pokemon anymore here, they watch DBZ or Jonas Brothers instead ¬¬
And I'm often teased 'cause I like Pokemon and I'm turning 19 this year.
And I always say: Would be worse if I'm stealing and using cocaine, right?

Anyway, I usually don't give a damn about what people think, I like Pokemon and that's all that matters.

XxDawnfanxX
May 20th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I agree with you buddy, kids don't like Pokemon anymore here, they watch DBZ or Jonas Brothers instead ¬¬
And I'm often teased 'cause I like Pokemon and I'm turning 19 this year.
And I always say: Would be worse if I'm stealing and using cocaine, right?

Anyway, I usually don't give a damn about what people think, I like Pokemon and that's all that matters.

You speak the truth my friend, well said! :)

I am turning 18 in September, I have a few friends that are interested and all my friends who aren't still know I like it and some rag on me for it. But I personally couldn't give a damn.

I watch the show, I like it, it interests me thats all I care about. And the games always keep me entertained. It is for all ages and can really test anyones thinking because Pokemon takes a lot of strategy in so many different situations.

Translator
May 20th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Well, people don't scorn me for being a Pokemon fan even though they know it. :)

Cham
May 20th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I really don't talk about it at all. Outside of my house there is no real reason to bring it up unless it is a friend I know plays.

wolf
May 20th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Actually, a lot of people play it where I live. Now, not the anime, but the game everyone mostly plays for a little. Heck a lot people here also battle competitively, so I guess I am lucky...? =P

изм
May 21st, 2009, 04:00 AM
I just wish i can punch the smiles of the faces who laugh on me regarding pokemon, i mean why can't they understand the creators of pokemon are not kids, and it isn't that bad but yeah my debates don't help over my place they just call me plain childish.. al kraven *@#$%&*!#%!*#

Superjub
May 21st, 2009, 12:41 PM
I have the most funniest story to tell. XD
So, I'm in I.T creating a movie on MovieMaker, when one of the more 'popular pupils' ask me stuff like what is Pikachu's evolution and what the girl who Ash hangs around with in the first series is called since he's doing a movie on Pokemon. XD So I guess 2? :S Though i get teased...sometimes. ;_;

Ayselipera
May 21st, 2009, 03:37 PM
I don't tell my friends because then I'll
have to hear the eww you play pokemon?
My cousins know though because I'm very
close to them and they tease me about it
from time to time. I don't really care what
they say about it though. It keeps me entertained!

ShinjisLover
May 21st, 2009, 03:39 PM
People where I live don't care if I like Pokémon, but people on YouTube do. XD But I phail to give a damn.

Zorua
May 21st, 2009, 03:48 PM
Most people at my school like Pokemon, but it's still sort of weird to just...admit that sort of stuff out there, y'know?

So I haven't really been scorned for it, but the again, nobody outside of the people that I really talk to really know that...

dream's-epilogue
May 21st, 2009, 04:00 PM
At my old school, not only were Pokefans teased, Pokemon in general was used as an insult. I can't count the number of times fights broke out over one person insultingly saying another "liked Pokemon."

My new school, less so. There's still the occasional jerk, but for the most part, everyone is pretty open-minded. The gropu I hang out with is actually the Pokefan group of the school, though they're absolutely hardcore fans compared to me.

There's even this one kid who, for halloween... *shivers*

Heiheipig
May 21st, 2009, 04:45 PM
All of the above.

We have a Pokecorner at school (corner of Pokemon) and my friends (people who visit the corner) like Pokemon. Other people tease me ( :p ) but I don't REALLY (depends if it's been a long day.

Rich Boy Rob
May 22nd, 2009, 08:17 AM
I kinda have to keep it a bit of secret, but only from non-friends. A few of my friends play RSE now and then for nostalgia's sake but thats about it. Where I live if you're over say...8 (I'm 15 by the way) and like pokemon, you are considered a complete geek and/or retard, but personly I don't see whats wrong with it

♣Gawain♣
May 22nd, 2009, 08:27 AM
Some people don't(my classmates, being envious for me being the best trainer in school), and some do. They say it's for kids, but they think wrong.

Alexithymia~
May 22nd, 2009, 08:29 AM
Some of the popular kids in my class like pokemon, and they have actually asked me for help with it.
Pokemon is the only thing that I don't care what people think about me.. about it. If that makes sense?
I really don't give a damn. I haven't kept it a secret or anything, it's just it hasn't come up in conversation ever. If someone asked me, I wouldn't lie.

Kazukii
May 22nd, 2009, 08:44 AM
People tease me and I hate it :( I can't help likeing something

XxDawnfanxX
May 22nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Last year in lunch this kid whom I'd say is an aquentinence , someone who I only talk to in school sometimes just yelled out when I was playing Diamond on my DS because I was bored that day "Oh look at this fag he's playing pokemon" My face started to get red but the guys behind me were like "So? We all have the game too." And the kid shut up and sat down it was pretty funny.

Heart-Net
May 22nd, 2009, 04:43 PM
I've Copped Heaps For Playing Pokemon On DS And The TCG But I Honestly Couldn't Care Less. Yay For Me Lol.

Cheesymitten
May 23rd, 2009, 01:12 AM
Ahh...Well i sent a link to this video to this person that has Emerald to help him with his game now he's told all my mates :(; but we don't linger on the subect for tolong, i'm all sure they really play pokemon and are just hiding it from eachother :P

Sora
May 23rd, 2009, 01:17 AM
I don't really give a damn weather or not people scorn me for liking it. It's what I like to do, and I'll continue liking it, no matter what they say. 8D

Heck. My Best Friend doesn't even really like Pokemon, but that doesn't stop us from still being awesome when we're hanging out together~

Raykon
May 23rd, 2009, 01:39 AM
No, I don't keep what I like a secrete, If they can't accept for what I like then I don't care what they say or opinion is, I have a few friends that still play Pokemon, Me and my best friend play Pokemon on the bus a lot, and my other friends think it is 'cute' haha, No-one teases me for what I like. Also if you guys get teased, stand up for yourself, don't let them push you around. And if you have no friends that like Pokemon, you have Pokecommunity :)

abnegation
May 23rd, 2009, 01:51 AM
Yeah Parents got rid of all my old games without telling me! All my 1,2,3 Gens!! It's so annoying... They dont get it!

Ninja Caterpie
May 23rd, 2009, 01:52 AM
I just remembered one person I do did give a damn to...my dad. xD He scorns my Pokemon.

But then I was going to have this argument over Platinum (I literally wrote out a speech in my mind) until, well, he just let me.

xD

poke-ranger
May 23rd, 2009, 01:56 AM

same here :P

I don't see why people give a crap to be honest, different people like different things!