View Full Version : Releasing Pokémon?

May 20th, 2009, 2:17 PM
I was playing Pokémon Ruby and I was releasing a Tentacool because I had two for some reason. Anyways, so it gives me the usual "Bye-bye, Tentacool!" and he fades away... but this time, the sprite zoomed back in and it was like "Tentacool came back! Maybe he was worried about you?". I've never heard of anything like this before... has this happened to anyone else here? It was a traded Tentacool, if that's relevant.

May 20th, 2009, 2:22 PM
Did the Tentaool know an HM move that no other Pokemon knew? If so, that may be the root of the problem.

May 20th, 2009, 2:46 PM
This seems to be occuring more and more...
But yeah, usually if it's friendship level is high or as said in the above post, it know an HM move that no other Pokemon knew, that could be it.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 24th, 2009, 8:58 AM
I've never knew that and I wish I had the ablilty to find my RSEFRLG games so I can do this

But Tentacool can become friends with someone? they are everywhere

May 24th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Like it said, the Tentacool must be worried about how you are doing, so it came back to you~~

May 24th, 2009, 1:42 PM
that is just really weird. thats never happened to me before

May 27th, 2009, 12:06 PM
It's programming in the game to ensure you don't strand yourself somewhere.

May 27th, 2009, 12:31 PM
i have never heard of this before. thats really weird... somewhat clever on the programmers part, but weird...

May 27th, 2009, 7:36 PM
hmm never heard about the HM part
I always heard it was about friendship level

May 27th, 2009, 7:47 PM
It's never happened to me but I heard that if its happiness is high, it comes back to you.
I don't know, I'm afraid to let any of my pokemon go xD

May 28th, 2009, 5:15 AM
There was a thread about this a while ago~
It luuuuurves you so.
Has an HM move that no other pokemon know.

It's come back for REVENGE!!

Cold Fusion
May 29th, 2009, 1:58 PM
The only reason that I know of is it's friendship is realllly high so it comes back.
Never heard of the HM one, but you learn something new everyday.

This has never happened to me as I don't release them because I'm scared stiff that they'll eat me I don't wanna.

May 31st, 2009, 7:52 AM
Well I have heard of two possibilites.
Either your Tentacool knows an HM
move that none of your other pokemon
know or it has a really high friendship
with you. I have never experianced this
so I'm not completely sure if its true.

May 31st, 2009, 8:42 AM
thats strange but i just wish it happend to me when my little bro relesed my charizard (my starter):'(

Satoshi Ookami
May 31st, 2009, 8:49 AM
Wow I didn't have a clue that something like that could happen

June 24th, 2009, 7:54 PM
If your pokémon knows say, surf or fly and none of your other pokés do, and you release it somewhere like pacifidlog, you are stuck there unless you fish for one.

June 24th, 2009, 9:43 PM
Those are really good reasons, but I think the: "since I traded it" theory could still remain as a possibility. Because when you trade a pokemon, doesn't it say: "Take good care of ____!"? Or something relevant to that. I think that since it says that, you might be disabled to release that pokemon because then you wouldn't be taking very good care of it. Although what Koolkid005 said, that makes a lot of sense.

mama luigi
June 26th, 2009, 6:28 AM
OMG that's weird how it could ever happen?

June 26th, 2009, 6:52 AM
i read about this somewhere. there's like a 5% chance of it happening, and even then you have to form a special bond w/ your pokemon.

June 26th, 2009, 7:09 AM
That happened on My Pokemon Ranch, I tried to deposit my Golduck, and it couldn't go because it knew Surf, an HM.

June 26th, 2009, 9:54 AM
I've never experienced it before. What game? If it was firered then I could conduct an experiment with one of my pokemon that knows an HM.

June 27th, 2009, 3:46 PM
It means its attached to you (Its Friendship is really high)

July 30th, 2009, 1:15 AM
Yeah. I think it happened to one of my pokemon once. I let it go, and it came back. I think after that i kept it in my team for the rest of the game.
I think its friendship. If the pokemon really liked you it wouldn't want to go.

July 30th, 2009, 2:54 AM
Well that's really odd that that happened to you I've never had it happen to me.

July 30th, 2009, 7:05 AM
Well that explains why my female gardevoir didn't want to leave when i did it by accident, though when I did it a second time is it said something about being in love with me. Anyway it will also come back if its your strongest pokemon.

July 30th, 2009, 7:47 AM
That seems pretty odd and interesting. Its never happened to me but I can attempt to raise a Zubat all the way to a Crobat for the heck of it and release it hoping it'll come back. First I have to find my sapphire. xP

July 30th, 2009, 7:53 AM
Please don't revive old threads; this one was just barely over a month old but rules are rules. :(