PDA

View Full Version : Uncatchable Shiny's

whodathunk
May 21st, 2009, 03:44 PM
Who has ever found a shiny pokemon... but it was another trainer's!
I did at the battle tower in Fire Red, TWO TIMES :-@

templekeeper
May 21st, 2009, 03:58 PM
I had a 6v6 shiny battle, and my friend had six shinies that I couldn't capture. This happened twice, actually.

Pingouin_7
May 24th, 2009, 07:46 AM
No. In FR/LG, the shinies in the Trainer Tower are always there.

Also, no trainer Pokémon can be shiny except in the Battle Tower/Frontier.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 24th, 2009, 08:53 AM
my friend and in the Battle tower there was a shiny Meowth (WHICH THE GUY PROBABLY STOLE), Seaking and Espeon

:t354:TG

Cheesymitten
May 24th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I've actually never seen a shiny that's from another trainer, though i'd probably turn the game off and then battle someone completly different >=)
That would teach them to have shiny pokemon when i don't :(

Skaterzpenguin
May 24th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I never saw any trainers in firered/leafgreen having shinies on there team in the games, but I did caught some shinies myself and me got a shiny charmander!!! I'm so lucky and my sister got a shiny squirtle!!! ;D

BHwolfgang
May 24th, 2009, 11:07 AM
In my whole life of playing any Advanced Generation games, I've never seen a trainer who has a shiny Pokémon. That, or I can't tell the diffference between a shiny and a normal-colored Pokémon. XD

Tulips And Clover
May 24th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I saw a shiny Psyduck at the Safari Zone once. It ran away though :'(

Master Terrador
May 24th, 2009, 08:35 PM
A Shiny Suicune in the Battle factory on emerald...I wanted it so much...:'(

Sketchies
May 27th, 2009, 11:14 AM
No. In FR/LG, the shinies in the Trainer Tower are always there.

Also, no trainer Pokémon can be shiny except in the Battle Tower/Frontier.

I dunno about that...on the way to Rock Tunnel on one of my Fire Red run throughs a Hiker had a Shiny Onix I think...

Primal_Dialga
May 30th, 2009, 12:08 AM
yea its set so if you do the tower agian they will have the same one :0 my E-cards had one trainer with a shiny salamance

Swift!
May 30th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Pingouin_7 is right. The only trainers with shiny Pokemon are all in the battle tower/battle frontier. No other trainers have, or ever will have, shiny Pokemon.

Pyrax
May 30th, 2009, 01:41 AM
I guess at the beginning of the game before you get your Pokéballs.

Wings Don't Cry
May 30th, 2009, 01:49 AM
A Shiny Suicune in the Battle factory on emerald...I wanted it so much...:'(

You know there's a glitch for stealing battle factory pokemon(that's the rental one right?)

SPEEDIE
May 30th, 2009, 01:56 AM
I've never seen one on a trainer but i saw a shiny poochyena before i got some pokeballs in emerald i got so pissed of

~MagmortaЯ~
June 27th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Who has ever found a shiny pokemon... but it was another trainer's!
I did at the battle tower in Fire Red, TWO TIMES :-@

I found a lot of shinies (I play a LOT)
And in every Firered/leafgreen there are 2 shinies in the Battle tower.

pspaddict
July 6th, 2009, 07:39 PM
i got one shiny zubat in a cave in emerald =)

キラキラ
July 6th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I didn't know that there were shinies programmed into the Battle Tower, I thought it was just bad luck. XD

Well once I found a shiny Psyduck, but had no Pokeballs.

Citrinin
July 6th, 2009, 09:30 PM
A shiny Seaking in the Trainer Tower in FireRed. ;<

derozio
July 6th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I dunno about that...on the way to Rock Tunnel on one of my Fire Red run throughs a Hiker had a Shiny Onix I think...
Already said: No trainer except the ones at battle tower/frontier have shinies.

I saw shinies only at Battle tower in FRLG. I had a shiny venusaur(FR) and a shiny Mightyena once(Emerald).

Switchback
July 7th, 2009, 12:34 AM
I think someone had a shiny in the Battle Tower on my Crystal game, it's been a very long time since I last played but I think it was a shiny Smeargle. As far a shiny's go, I haven't had that much luck with them but I did hatch a shiny Pichu once. Most frustrating is when you find a shiny that turns out to be a Tentacool, or a Pokemon which you just would never use.

Cherrim
July 7th, 2009, 06:15 AM
I've never seen one on a trainer but i saw a shiny poochyena before i got some pokeballs in emerald i got so pissed of

The Poochyena line is full of jerks. >:C I found a shiny Mightyena in my Emerald and it Roar'd away before I could catch it. I was so annoyed. XD;

But something like your situation happened to a friend of mine once in Gold version--she ran into a shiny Hoothoot on the way from Newbark Town to... the second town. So before pokéballs. :( That would suck SO hard.

Ayselipera
July 7th, 2009, 08:26 AM
The Poochyena line is full of jerks. >:C I found a shiny Mightyena in my Emerald and it Roar'd away before I could catch it. I was so annoyed. XD;

But something like your situation happened to a friend of mine once in Gold version--she ran into a shiny Hoothoot on the way from Newbark Town to... the second town. So before pokéballs. :( That would suck SO hard.

Same thing happened to me except it was a Delibird and I didn't have any pokeballs on me.

mitzoken
July 7th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Lol, I keep running into a Shiny Espeon in Leaf Green's Trainer Tower. It just loves to taunt me. =/

Kunai~
July 8th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I found a lot of shinies (I play a LOT)
And in every Firered/leafgreen there are 2 shinies in the Battle tower.

I agree.................................................like i said b4

TOMKEAR
July 9th, 2009, 03:20 AM
in ruby in the battle tower ther guy had a shiny espeon and a normal moltres...

xxxLatiasxxx
July 9th, 2009, 03:35 AM
In Fire Red one of the trainers had a green Espeon.

Mutt19
July 13th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Never met a trainer with a shiny pokemon but once I was trying to find a wailord wild befor I found one stupid wailord a shiny wingull apeared

littleangelamy22
July 13th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Well I saw a shiny Espeon. Can't remember where, but I was against twins. One had a normal Jolteon, and the other had a shiny Espeon. It annoyed me greatly. :'(

Obsession
July 13th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I've seen a Meowth, Espeon and i can't remember well but was it an... Entei? I can't remember too well but I recall them being in a rather entralling type of battle tower in Emerald. I loved them musical tiles in there :3

dragonqueen0210
July 14th, 2009, 01:00 AM
I once ran into a shiny Pidgey in Firered, too bad I didn't have any poke balls and my team would've accidentally KO'ed it anyway.

varial295
July 14th, 2009, 07:33 AM
i remember catching a shiny ryhorn it was red and when it evolved and went orange(:
it was in the safari zone i was flipping out
i transfereed it to my sapphire and then my brother threw the game and broke it so i lost all my good pokemon D:

.Eevee-Chan
July 14th, 2009, 09:27 AM

Wow! Same here,it was when i was helping Birch escape in I think Sapphire though.[Emerald is Zigzagoon]

Pheonix987
July 14th, 2009, 09:37 AM
i found my 1st shiny...

with a trainer in FR/LG.

*sob*

King Gengar
July 14th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I caught a shiny poocheyna after getting pokeballs right after you exit the second town.
I saw a shiny metagross... T.T

IcyArceusRider
July 14th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah I REALLY wish I could've caught that shiny Espeon from that person in Trainer Tower!

Speaking of uncatchable shinies, wouldn't that be bad if you saw a shiny pokemon right at the very beginning of the game before you got any pokeballs to capture with? If you were just randomly walking, and encountered a shiny?! That would stink!

magical umbreon
July 25th, 2009, 12:17 PM
i saw a shiny umbreon in the battle tower, i was so jealous :\

fenyx4
July 26th, 2009, 04:14 AM
I saw a Shiny Charmeleon :t005: once in Hoenn's Battle Factory, as well as a Shiny Kingdra :t230: in Hoenn's Battle Tower during a Multi Battle (both occurrences were in Emerald). If I see a Shiny Rental Pokemon, I'm renting it!! :D

But I'm always scared that I might temporarily start a new game, and somehow stumble upon a Shiny, where I can't catch it without deleting my actual save file. :( Uncatchable Shinies are the worst!