PDA

View Full Version : To All Our Little, Neglected Friends Out There...

Niprop
May 21st, 2009, 11:11 PM
What would you consider to be the most forgettable pokémon in the series? On the top of my head, I can think of Dunsparce, Farfetch'd, Luvdisc, Nosepass, and Tangela among others.

rocky505
May 21st, 2009, 11:15 PM
nosepass and tangela are no longer forgettable due to their 4th gen evos.

Feign
May 21st, 2009, 11:17 PM
Brock's geodude... hahaha.

Ratata doesn't get much attention *cough* obvious reasons *cough*

Otherwise my brain can't function to think of more.

Translator
May 22nd, 2009, 01:03 AM
Dunsparce deserves a little attention and love. :)

The Apprentice™
May 22nd, 2009, 01:04 AM
Ummm I say Mareep. I haven't seen one in awhile.

♣Gawain♣
May 22nd, 2009, 02:03 AM
I say Spinda, Gligar, Luvdisc and Clamperl.

Translator
May 22nd, 2009, 02:24 AM
I say Spinda, Gligar, Luvdisc and Clamperl.
I second this one for Spinda. :)

Raykon
May 22nd, 2009, 02:25 AM
Clamperl defiantly, There was this other Pokemon from Jhoto, It was like a puffer fish ? What ever that one was.

The Apprentice™
May 22nd, 2009, 02:27 AM
You mean Quilfish right?? I remember it.

RYOUKI
May 22nd, 2009, 02:52 AM
Quilfish, Luvdisc, Corsola and Clamperl. They make too many Water Pokemon, that's why.

Gusxx1
May 22nd, 2009, 04:10 AM
Out of the 5 seasons i watched Farfetch'd got like 2-3 appearances. And i agree with Clamperl.

Gymnotide
May 22nd, 2009, 07:32 AM
I made a thread called "What's a Finneon? o_o" back then.
There were lots of good ideas, Ledyba.

templekeeper
May 22nd, 2009, 07:39 AM
I haven't seen a Swellow for a long time-

Alexithymia~
May 22nd, 2009, 07:39 AM
I haven't seen a spinda really.
I agree with a lot of people above about Clamperl. Not a bad pokemon actually, just never really seen it.

Arumus
May 22nd, 2009, 08:10 AM
Sunflora? Sunkern? Hoppip? Smeargle?

Lt_Nite
May 22nd, 2009, 08:48 AM
The biggest ones that comes to my mind is always Dunsparce and Stantler.

изм
May 22nd, 2009, 09:58 AM
Dunsparce maybe..? i haven't heard of it for a long time..

Silhouette
May 22nd, 2009, 10:19 AM
Spinarak, Ariados, Sandslash, and Mesprit. Lol, joking about Mesprit. But I can say that I never think about Mesprit.

Gymnotide
May 22nd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Clamperl is pretty bad, even with those exclusive items :P
Smeargle should not be on the forgotten list. He's unique and his ability to learn everything is cool.

And @ Swellow; that bad boy with the Toxic Orb, Guts, and Facade + STAB = yesplz.

Dunsparce always shows up on these threads, but he's actually one of my favorites.

I dare say we add Nidorina to this list. No one likes her. She's stupid.
I'll also suggest Politoed.

RaikaCastillo
May 22nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Brock's geodude... hahaha.

Ratata doesn't get much attention *cough* obvious reasons *cough*

Otherwise my brain can't function to think of more.

Rattata is underrated. Sure it's common and its stats aren't that good but Raticate's fairly decent actually.

In fact, I think it's about time Rattata had another evolution.

Gymnotide
May 22nd, 2009, 11:47 AM
Rattata gets tons of attention, by the way.
Hell, F.E.A.R. is named after it.

Rattata L1 @ Focus Sash
-- Endeavor
-- Quick Attack

Then, other Pokemon stole the strategy from it.

Inkfingers
May 22nd, 2009, 12:33 PM
Hey gymno, It's fine that you forgot nidorina and all, but that doesn't mean she's stupid. I happen to really like nidorina, she's in my top 50 to 70. So please watch what you say. I understand that's your opinion, but some things are better left unsaid, and inside your head(not my fault it rhymes)

BHwolfgang
May 22nd, 2009, 02:53 PM
Any Pokémon that has a horrible stats or no sheer omnipotence have the chance of being cast away.

With that being said, I have to say that most of the Bug Pokémons are generally ignored.

Ayselipera
May 22nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
Qwilfish and Delibird are long gone.

Sweet Candace
May 22nd, 2009, 04:54 PM
I say Ledyba, Spinarak, Spinda, Dunsparce, Qwlifish and Luvdisc. They're the Pokemon the need some love.

Gymnotide
May 22nd, 2009, 04:59 PM
And some more candidates:
Delcatty, Crawdaunt, and Gulpin.

Hey gymno, It's fine that you forgot nidorina and all, but that doesn't mean she's stupid. I happen to really like nidorina, she's in my top 50 to 70. So please watch what you say. I understand that's your opinion, but some things are better left unsaid, and inside your head(not my fault it rhymes)

It was a joke. You really need to take me less seriously.

white lancer
May 22nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Qwilfish, definitely. Did anyone ever actually use it?

How about Surskit/Masquerain and Krabby/Kingler?

The Scientist
May 22nd, 2009, 05:30 PM
SRSLY NOW, WHAT THE HELL IS A MANTYKE?

JezzaRules
May 22nd, 2009, 05:33 PM
1st Gen: Umm I dunno, probably Scyther or Pinsir.
2nd Gen: Definately Dunsparce or Shuckle
3rd Gen: Feebas lol. I knew about Milotic but I couldn't find it's preevolution until someone told me.
4th Gen: Finneon. Didn't know it existed until I beat the Elite Four =P.

ToraSushii
May 22nd, 2009, 05:37 PM
Qwilfish!
Most of the posters didn't even list it in their lists is how much Qwilfish is forgotten.
(Confusing sentence ftw.)

DarthWaffles
May 22nd, 2009, 05:41 PM
Dunsparce, Spinda, Stantler, Quilfish, Luvdisc and Farfecth'd.

They need more love. Personally, Farfetch'd is one of my favourite Pokemon.

Ciervo Volante
May 22nd, 2009, 05:46 PM
I always forget about finneon. I'll see a picture of it, and be like, "It's... it's that one pokemon. You know. That one that I can't remember the name of."

I can remember the names of pretty much every other one, except for finneon, and it's evo... (or was it pre-evo?) that I... can't remember the name of.

Gymnotide
May 22nd, 2009, 06:02 PM
@ the above poster:

It's called a Lumineon. A LUUUMINEON, I TELL YOU JRHIGI#IGI(@!!!!!!!

white lancer
May 22nd, 2009, 06:19 PM
1st Gen: Umm I dunno, probably Scyther or Pinsir.

Scyther??? Are you kidding me?

ShinjisLover
May 22nd, 2009, 06:32 PM
Errrm, I forgot . . . Oops.

Drift_King1
May 22nd, 2009, 06:32 PM
I keep forgetting Beautifly's first stage name. That Pokemon is useless.

ShinjisLover
May 22nd, 2009, 06:36 PM
I keep forgetting Beautifly's first stage name. That Pokemon is useless.
Wurmple! =3 Wurmple is so cute. <3

KurlyFries
May 22nd, 2009, 06:59 PM
Remember Hypno and Primape?
Yeah me neither.

JeTz
May 22nd, 2009, 07:20 PM
Wheres is Spinda? Luvdisc?

Rosefrost
May 22nd, 2009, 08:59 PM
Ummm I say Mareep. I haven't seen one in awhile.
WHAT DID YOU SAY?!? *Body slams*

Kidding, I guess it depends on which pokemon are your favs.
I think Delibird is the most forgotten, no one ever talks about him.

Inkfingers
May 23rd, 2009, 08:41 PM
Gymno, I'm sorry. I can give sarcasm really good, but can't take it too well. And it's kind of hard to tell since I can't hear the tone of your voice, so that's probably why too. ehy do you think I have a jk after shut the fun cup?

Myzou
May 23rd, 2009, 09:33 PM
Ledyba, end of story XD

I never see people talking about them ._. Despite the fact they're the only bugs who can use the elemental punches, as well as other punches XD

sez1992
May 24th, 2009, 12:17 AM
My Bidoof in Pearl is the most neglected lol for my own reasons :P

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 25th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Duskull, no one important really has one. Off the Ghost Pkmn I think Spearow, I haven't seen it in a long time

:t354:TG

fenyx4
May 25th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Sunflora? Sunkern? Hoppip? Smeargle?

Yup, those are really neglected. Smeargle may be an exception, because of its awesome signature move, Sketch. But WHY does it have to have such sucky stats? It could at least have more average stats (if that makes sense. Enough points in its stats to be more usable in battles, at least. But not too much stats added to make it completely broken in the metagame).

Luvdisc and Torkoal are really forgettable. Those things desperately need powerful evolutions.

Actually, almost every Water- and Grass-type Pokemon is forgettable, due to the fact that there are so darn many of them. The sheer amount of 'em dazzles me. All the butterfly-/moth-based Pokemon are (almost) forgettable, as well.

The Mareep family isn't mentioned much these days... :t179: :t180: :t181: I'm sure they'll have a resurgence in HG/SS, thanks to the awesome Jasmine! :)

Wait...did I forget one? Oh, I remember now:

PHIONE. :cer_pissed:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/c/c1/ArtPhione.jpg
Wasting a whole frickin' slot in the Pokedex, as well as wasting an article and data space on Bulbapedia! Manaphy ripoff! And exactly what are you supposed to be? You sure don't look like a sea angel or water nymph. Instead of a evolution of Luvdisc/Torkoal/Smeargle/Banette/other Pkmn or getting another cool new Pokemon, we're stuck with Phione, the poorest excuse of a Pokemon EVER. Even worse than Probopass, Spiritomb, and Carnivine, all of which I utterly despise. Any Pokemon/aquatic animal/store receipt is better than Phione.

It doesn't even have a purpose except to show that a Legendary Pokemon can breed (which I don't really care for. All other baby Pokemon have a purpose since they play a part in showing certain Pokemon's premature stages (Snorlax as Munchlax, Pichu as Pikachu, etc.). If you can't even evolve into what you're derived from, what's the point of you, Phione? At least evolving into Manaphy would reduce your abysmal suckage level.
Mewtwo :t150: is an exception since it has major differences from its predecessor, Mew. :t151: Plus, Mewtwo is actually cool.
Pachirisu is another exception since it looks radically different from the Pichu Family.
Plusle and Minun would've been just as annoying if it weren't for slight differences and their roles as each other's partner. :t311: :t312:

[S-HIGHLIGHT]In a nutshell, Phione, you're so forgettable that even if
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/7f/Phione_to_water.png
THIS :tired:
happened to you, honestly, no Trainer (especially me) would give a crap about you. We'd just go on tending to our Manaphy.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Zorua
May 25th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Does anyone remember any of the 2nd gen pokemon?

They were most forgettable out of all, I'd assume.

Rosefrost
May 26th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Yup, those are really neglected. Smeargle may be an exception, because of its awesome signature move, Sketch. But WHY does it have to have such sucky stats? It could at least have more average stats (if that makes sense. Enough points in its stats to be more usable in battles, at least. But not too much stats added to make it completely broken in the metagame).

Luvdisc and Torkoal are really forgettable. Those things desperately need powerful evolutions.

Actually, almost every Water- and Grass-type Pokemon is forgettable, due to the fact that there are so darn many of them. The sheer amount of 'em dazzles me. All the butterfly-/moth-based Pokemon are (almost) forgettable, as well.

The Mareep family isn't mentioned much these days... :t179: :t180: :t181: I'm sure they'll have a resurgence in HG/SS, thanks to the awesome Jasmine! :)

Wait...did I forget one? Oh, I remember now:

PHIONE. :cer_pissed:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/c/c1/ArtPhione.jpg
Wasting a whole frickin' slot in the Pokedex, as well as wasting an article and data space on Bulbapedia! Manaphy ripoff! And exactly what are you supposed to be? You sure don't look like a sea angel or water nymph. Instead of a evolution of Luvdisc/Torkoal/Smeargle/Banette/other Pkmn or getting another cool new Pokemon, we're stuck Phione, the poorest excuse of a Pokemon EVER. Even worse than Probopass, Spiritomb, and Carnivine, all of which I utterly despise. Any Pokemon/aquatic animal/store receipt is better than Phione.

It doesn't even have a purpose except to show that a Legendary Pokemon can breed (which I don't really care for. All other baby Pokemon have a purpose since they play a part in showing certain Pokemon's premature stages (Snorlax as Munchlax, Pichu as Pikachu, etc.). If you can't even evolve into what you're derived from, what's the point of you, Phione? At least evolving into Manaphy would reduce your abysmal suckage level.
Mewtwo :t150: is an exception since it has major differences from its predecessor, Mew. :t151: Plus, Mewtwo is actually cool.
Pachirisu is another exception since it looks radically different from the Pichu Family.
Plusle and Minun would've been just as annoying if it weren't for slight differences and their roles as each other's partner. :t311: :t312:

[S-HIGHLIGHT]In a nutshell, Phione, you're so forgettable that even if
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/7f/Phione_to_water.png
THIS :tired:
happened to you, honestly, no Trainer (especially me) would give a crap about you. We'd just go on tending to our Manaphy.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
Haha, this literally made me ROFL.

Miss Soupy
May 27th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Spinda. A cute little Pokemon in truth, and I like the idea that each one has a somewhat different pattern, but I just don't remember it that much. Same with Dunsparce. >>;;;;

Lynnx
May 27th, 2009, 12:22 PM
For me, probably Anorith. I saw it on a Pokemon website and thought it was fake.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb239/EJ00/Anorith.gif

^That. And its evolution, which I can't remember the name of.

Opposite Day
May 28th, 2009, 07:54 AM
That little blue thing with two feet, and a couple of leaves at the top of its head..

.inLOVE
May 28th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Graveler. I can't remember the last time I heard someone mention it. Rattata isn't exactly the most popular either. So yeah, those little UU guys are probably the most neglected.

white lancer
May 28th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Does anyone remember any of the 2nd gen pokemon?

They were most forgettable out of all, I'd assume.

Erm...not at all. 2nd generation Pokémon were much better than the ones that came after them, in my opinion, and I remember them quite well, thank you very much. :D

Exceptions would probably be Ledyba and Ledian. They never seemed to get much attention. I know I always ignored them.

Opposite Day
May 28th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Erm...not at all. 2nd generation Pokémon were much better than the ones that came after them, in my opinion, and I remember them quite well, thank you very much. :D

Exceptions would probably be Ledyba and Ledian. They never seemed to get much attention. I know I always ignored them.

How dare you? I never stopped played Crystal until I'd played through the game, training up almost every Pokemon for my team at least once (That makes for a lot of restarts, I promise) - even though Ledian never was quite as good as my Ariados... I even taught it Thunderpunch to use it in the E4 against Lance's Gyarados, and it won! :D Hah, take that.

(Ariados pwned it every single time apart from that though, it knew Sludge Bomb and were rather reliant, unlike that little critter.)

fenyx4
May 28th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Riolu. IMO, Riolu is a lame attempt to make a 'baby' form of the awesome Lucario. If Lucario's pre-evo was axed in Gen. 5 (just like I hope Phione will be), no one would care or notice. Well, I wouldn't, though I know that there are some Riolu fans, sadly. I just hate how Lucario got dwarfed down like that...

Ledyba's family rarely appears in Pokemon conversations, as well... :t165: :t166:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/8/88/Phione.png
"Wild Phione appeared unsought!"
WTF? Go away, stupid ripoff! Nobody likes you! *KOs with Kyogre's Thunder* :t382:
"Wild Phione fainted!"
Finally! We have gotten rid of the pest! :D :cer_boogie:

Lucario FTW!

sirboulevard
May 28th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Lol, Bulbapedia has an article on these guys and what they can be used for out of contests:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Novelty_Pok%C3%A9mon

Inferno1
May 29th, 2009, 01:13 AM
With all of these Threads these pokemon get enough attention and if you think they dont get enough attention do what i do and train all pokemon i had a Dunsparce on level 81 it did get beaten by like by like lv 50s but i still did train them

Azumi
May 29th, 2009, 01:40 AM
That little blue thing with two feet, and a couple of leaves at the top of its head..

^ Now that you mention it, WHAT Pokemon is that? I can't remember.

lilninjapig
May 29th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Do you mean Oddish?

You never hear people talking about Pineco and Forrestres(sp)...