PDA

View Full Version : Um...Now What?

Inkfingers
May 27th, 2009, 08:26 PM
So I was playing emerald and training my pokemon the other day. I was in the wild and was knockin out pokemon 1 by 1. But thethought occourred to me. What happens to those fainted wild pokemon? Pokemon need to be taken to the pokemon center or revived to "wake up" right? So what happens? How do they "wake up" on their own. I have a few theories, but let's hear what you guys think.

Alexithymia~
May 27th, 2009, 11:58 PM
What happens when a human faints,.. well, they get back up don't they?
Well, usually anyway...

XxDawnfanxX
May 28th, 2009, 02:44 AM
The Pokemon Center heals a Pokemon's wounds, the wild ones will gain consciousness on their own but if they are wounded pretty bad, they will be in bad shape. But usually the pokemon help each other out to nurse one another back to health. Probably something along the lines that happens in the behind the scenes stuff.

Cheesymitten
May 28th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Well, i thought tat there wouldbe bodies of fainted pokemon everywhere in the wild and they'd be like corpses, which would be quite unfortunate, but i'm sure they must get healed by a falling revive berry or something :/; i always thought that if you keep wiping out pokemon there would be none left ut, apparently i'm wrong :/

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
May 28th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Pokemon X (http://pokemonx.comicgenesis.com/d/20030728.html)explains it well in these two comics (http://pokemonx.comicgenesis.com/d/20030730.html)

ShinjisLover
May 28th, 2009, 10:10 AM
What happens to those fainted wild pokemon?
Well, considering that Pokémon need to survive, they'd be pretty screwed. They could get eaten by another wild Pokémon when the human is gone or they could wake up by themselves.

Pokemon need to be taken to the pokemon center or revived to "wake up" right? So what happens? How do they "wake up" on their own.Considering you never see those Pokémon again in the games, we can't say for sure. However, I think the Pokémon is able to wake up on its own after a certain amount of time. Knowing that they fainted from exhaustion is proof enough that the Pokémon can wake up by itself. Or maybe the nicer trainers try to heal them. That could also be an option. I'm sure there's some PETA guy searching the grass with a fine-toothed comb to find them.

Inkfingers
May 28th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I have a correction if you don't mind: you say that they can regain conciousness, but if you catcth a pokemon and it faints, it doesn't just regain conciousness on its own, it needs the pokemon center or revive to "come back"

Zebeedoo
May 28th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I never actualy thought of that o.o Well....I think the Poke'mon might just lie there until they feel better. Or a trainer passing by might help them.....or their 'fellow wild Poke'mon' might help them.

The Scientist
May 28th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Well, it's not an in-game mechanic, but as animals, Pokemon [should] slowly recover health and repair injuries on their own. Now the reason you never find these injured Pokemon in the wild are because the Pokemon you find are the ones that attack you. In other words, the injured Pokemon are too busy tending to their wounds to attack you right after the battle, so you can't "find" them.

ShinjisLover
May 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
I have a correction if you don't mind: you say that they can regain conciousness, but if you catcth a pokemon and it faints, it doesn't just regain conciousness on its own, it needs the pokemon center or revive to "come back"

And I also have a correction:
You never see the Pokémon again. That being said, it could simply be eaten for sustenance by other Pokémon or nursed back to health by random, nicer trainers. Please try not to shoot down theories without even mentioning (or looking at) the other possibilities that were stated.

The Scientist
May 28th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Restating: the Pokemon you find in the wild are the ones that choose to attack you (hence the "Wild ZUBAT attacked!" messages). The already-injured ones will not be willing or able to attack you (for reasons that should be obvious), and therefore you won't be able to "find" them.

.inLOVE
May 28th, 2009, 12:19 PM
As said by everyone else, wild Pokemon re-gain their consciousness naturally. Don't worry, you aren't doing them any harm.

KurlyFries
May 28th, 2009, 06:23 PM
As said by everyone else, wild Pokemon re-gain their consciousness naturally. Don't worry, you aren't doing them any harm.

I just wish that applied to Legendaries.

It would be a good way to train, might I add.
A level 70 Ho-oh would give almost 5000 exp if you had a lucky egg..
IRRELEVANT

Gymnotide
May 28th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Wild Pokemon know how to make Super Potions out of Oran Berries lol

Andcetera
May 28th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Now everyone is saying that they gain consciousness.
But I wanna know is WHY is it that you cant catch a pokemon when it faints if this is the case that it is just unconscious?
It would have made more sense for the game if you just beat the Cr*p out of them and then catch them I:

SooHee
May 28th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Haha. I would sometimes wonder about this as well. When I'm training for quite a while, I wonder, "shouldn't there be like a pile of pokemon in this general area? How is there possibly more pokemon?"
But I derno, I never wondered how tehy "revive" on their own, I just believed that their family pokemon or something helped them.

Gymnotide
May 28th, 2009, 06:43 PM
But I wanna know is WHY is it that you cant catch a pokemon when it faints if this is the case that it is just unconscious?
It would have made more sense for the game if you just beat the Cr*p out of them and then catch them I:

Because when they are unconscious, little fairies take them to the secret Pokemon Center in the mountains run only by Pokemon. You are too slow to throw the Poke Ball at the fairy. In other words: you can't catch her, she's the gingerbread man.

lulzy

BECAUSE if the Pokemon had 0 HP, and it didn't go away, then the battle wouldn't end :|

Inkfingers
May 28th, 2009, 08:43 PM
pokemon can't be caught because the poke ball has a way of reading conciousness (brain waves I gues) and only catches active pokemon

If they were eaten the pokemon population would die out. more than one trainer is training and catching. There are hundreds of them.

ShinjisLover
May 28th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I never did say that the trainer caught the Pokémon. Not once did I say that.

Nor did I say that every Pokémon that had been knocked out got eaten. But I'm 100% sure that most of them do. If they didn't, then Pokémon would die due to lack of food and nutrition.

Inkfingers
May 28th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Some do but not most like you said, those who faint die. The catching thing was for andcetera.

ShinjisLover
May 28th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Oh, my bad. Sorry 'bout that, then.

BHwolfgang
May 29th, 2009, 12:36 PM
You don't really knock them out. They play dead until you go away before resuming to their normal activites.

The Scientist
May 29th, 2009, 01:24 PM

It's a fail-safe built into the PokeBall to prevent widespread Pokemon cruelty/genocide/abuse. Since PokeBall will not activate on a seriously injured (fainted) Pokemon and there's no point in attacking anymore, the battle ends.

Inkfingers
May 29th, 2009, 03:05 PM
It's cool shinji. we all make mistakes, some more than others(me)

Ayselipera
May 30th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Well when anyone faints they just end up waking up
later. So I think that would apply to fainted wild pokemon.

fenyx4
June 29th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Hmm...I figured that with KO'd Pokemon:

they would regain consciousness later on
the Hoenn Pokemon Wildlife Council teleports them away (see the Pokemon X comic)
Pokemon Rangers help seek out, assist, and care for unconscious Pokemon, or
the games just allow KO'd Pokemon to lie around everywhere.

Though it would be funny to see a beginning Trainer and his/her Starter Pokemon encounter a forest full of unconscious bugs, rodents, birds, etc. Now THAT would be enough of a fright to send them scurrying home back to mommy! ;)

But it really sucks that most wild Pokemon are simply getting KO'd either by accident or because they serve the purpose of being level-up fodder. :(

Godot17
June 29th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Hm... Now this I never thought about.

...Well they just faint no? They should regain consciousness sometime later...

Problem is I don't like to think too hard about mixing that with overpopulation.

Pan!ko
June 29th, 2009, 05:00 PM
They die. Pokemon cant regain consciousness on their own. Pathetic wild pokemon... XD

Silhouette
June 29th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Well, in Pokemon XD: GoD, when you fight a wild Pokemon and defeat it, it says they faint, THEN it says that it grew tired and fled. Just a thought.

shinx95
June 29th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I think I remember in one of the older games when it is explaining battles that when a pokemon reaches 0 hp, it means that the pokemon doesn't have the strength to fight anymore, i don't think that it actually loses consciousness, it just can't fight anymore......... Maybee

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 1st, 2009, 10:47 AM
I think its just like humans, if the human faints, eventually it will regain consciousness but if we're badly injured we go to the ER or OR

:t354:TG