PDA

View Full Version : Wait, I can recognize their voices?

Azumi
May 28th, 2009, 09:44 PM
After playing Pokemon Ranger 2 once, I went back to play Pokemon Platinum, when I discovered that I can recognize a lot of the Pokemon voices. WHICH actually freaks me out, because I actually can recognize a lot of voices that I don't want to remember...

How about you guys?

Apathetic_Yen
May 28th, 2009, 09:56 PM
9 years of playing pokemon will do it for me

ShinjisLover
May 28th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Same here. I really hate that I can do that, though, because some of the voices are crap. Or scary, like Probopass's.

RYOUKI
May 28th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Huh? I thought every Pokemon voice is the same as in Platinum? ;;

Åzurε
May 29th, 2009, 09:30 AM
It's in my head too. I can hear Bronzong's in Advent: One Winged Angel! XD it annoys the hell out of me!

Alexithymia~
May 29th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Sometimes I play a game with wild pokemon, I close my eyes when they come into view, and I try to identify them by their cries. If I get it right; they faint. If I don't, I set them freee.
This is only when bored though~

Lt_Nite
May 29th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Even after playing pokemon for a long time I still can't recognize a lot of pokemon in Gen III. They just never stuck with me. Gen I, II, and IV, however I can recognize a majority of them.

The Scientist
May 29th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Regice has the most epic cry of all time.

Imma make a remix with it.

Snerd
May 29th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I get that. I'll be watching TV or somethin when a wild Pokémon appears and it makes it's noise and I'll know what it is without looking.

bluechu
May 29th, 2009, 11:37 AM
9 years of playing pokemon will do it for me

same here. the other day i was putting my (i guess you could call em skills) skills to the test while playing XD and cooking. i was in battle, and not looking at the screen when the other trainers next pokemon came out, and i tried to see if i could identify what it was by their cries.

i did get some right! ^0^

BHwolfgang
May 29th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Sometimes I play a game with wild pokemon, I close my eyes when they come into view, and I try to identify them by their cries. If I get it right; they faint. If I don't, I set them freee.
This is only when bored though~ [clap]

Nope. It doesn't happened to me. XD I guess I'm not that much of a Pokémon-fan. XD

bluechu
May 29th, 2009, 12:31 PM
maybe its not that, maybe you just dont really pay attention to the cries

OokamiShipper
May 30th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Er....thats unhealthy obsession strong dedication for me. xD
Um...yeah...there are some that are obvious, others aren't.

Azumi
May 31st, 2009, 05:15 AM
This is only when bored though~

Haha. You deserve a cookie award.

One time when I was hunting for Ditto in the Trophy Garden while playing Runescape(XD). I was so pissed after the first Ditto commited suicide, so while looking at the computer screen, I guessed which cry is which Pokemon's, until I found a second Ditto and caught it.

kingofjokers
May 31st, 2009, 07:47 AM
....i know half of them at least but not for sure maybe like 100 cause i have the volume down when i play Pokemon

The Bringer!
May 31st, 2009, 07:56 AM
I don't trie to memorize them, but I still know most when I hear 'em.
Probably cause I always have the music turned up loud at the beginning of the battle.

(I like the background music, but the difference between the loudness of battles and the "world map" is so annoying)

Cherrim
June 1st, 2009, 07:54 AM
I know most of the common cries and can usually tell the cries of almost all the Pokemon I've ever had on my team just because, you know, they get the most face time. It comes in handy while trying to multitask. If I'm doing something else while doing mundane training or searching for one Pokemon, I just listen for an abnormal cry and that's my cue to actually pay attention. Otherwise just keep tapping A until whatever appeared has fainted. :p

I get a lot of the original Pokemon mixed up though. <_< Most of 'em sound the same to me.

The Bringer!
June 1st, 2009, 06:38 PM
Prob'ly 'cause they didn't have much to work with back then. Some pokemon even have the same cries. Poor red and blue pokemon, if they'd update the cries with all the new fanciness, some of them could be EPIC!

Nnoitra Jiruga
June 1st, 2009, 07:00 PM
I don't remember useless things but sometimes, their cries do get stuck in my head.

Niprop
June 1st, 2009, 10:32 PM
I can identify almost ALL of them! Playing pokémon for 10 or so years really sticks to ya.

Eeeeheeheheeee!

It's Magneton!

AuuuuoaaaaAAAaaa!

It's Porygon2!

Bumbumbum!

It's Mr. Mime!

Dundun!

It's Bonsly!

Wrooooooooaaarrr!

... Wailord.

Ayano Hana
June 1st, 2009, 10:41 PM
I remember some of their cries, but not all of them. I usually play with my volume toned down a bit because I'm usually doing something else while playing the game,that requires a low noise level.

KostK2Boss
June 3rd, 2009, 08:54 AM
One time when I was hunting for Ditto in the Trophy Garden while playing Runescape(XD). I was so pissed after the first Ditto commited suicide, so while looking at the computer screen, I guessed which cry is which Pokemon's, until I found a second Ditto and caught it.
Do you realise that if Poliwag was in the game, you might didn't have a Ditto today? Poliwag and Ditto were the first couple I discovered to have exactly the same cry. The second couple was Charizard and Rhyhorn, which I read on bulbapedia.

Jasonpower
June 3rd, 2009, 04:09 PM
i played like over 100 hours in platinum and i the sound always gets in my head because i only carry 1 pokemon when i done everything:nervous:

Superjub
June 4th, 2009, 11:59 AM
I can, sort-of. :S Sometimes when I'm playing one of the handhelds and I am looking through the grass, out of boredom I guess which pokemon has appeared just by it's cry. Generally, I'm right. :D