PDA

View Full Version : so pokemon are immortal im guessing

AuraAshley
May 29th, 2009, 02:31 PM
ok so im guessing here that pokemon are immortal. I mean pokemon only faint, they never die. ive never seen one episode or w.e when the pokemon actually die. so what do you think?

thedestinedblade
May 29th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I'm guessing you forgot about the cemeteries in Lavender Town?

AuraAshley
May 29th, 2009, 02:41 PM
I'm guessing you forgot about the cemetaries in Lavender Town?

there was a cematiry in lavender o.o

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
May 29th, 2009, 02:45 PM
And Celebi.
And Lucario.
They both died in their respective movies. (though Celebi did come back)

Lt_Nite
May 29th, 2009, 02:48 PM
So did Latios in Pokemon Heroes, they do die but it's not shown often really.

The Scientist
May 29th, 2009, 03:00 PM
The Marowak in RBY was killed by Team Rocket, as well as the rest of the Cubones, an Onix in the Sevii Islands (where you get the Metal Coat), and the various cemeteries mentioned above.

Also, Ghost Pokemon come from dead [non-Ghost] Pokemon.

You must realize that as a children's show, they won't show the Pokemon dying onscreen, but they do mention it in the background. Why was Ash's Lapras so lost and alone?

Ayselipera
May 29th, 2009, 04:22 PM
The shows don't show pokemon dying
because its a little kids show. The games
have pokemon cemeteries. Such as, Lavender
Town's cemetery, Mt. Pyre, and the Lost Tower.

Also in the first generation a girl in Lavender town
talks about how Team Rocket killed a Cubone's
mother. You even see its spirit in Lavender town.

Gymnotide
May 29th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Pokemon can also come back to life, though, like Entei, Raikou, and Suicine.

BHwolfgang
May 29th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Pokemon can also come back to life, though, like Entei, Raikou, and Suicine. That is probably because the Legendary Dogs are Legendary?

Like everyone mentioned above, this is a show that is generally aimed for the younger audience. It wouldn't be so wise to show Pokémon dying or deceased Pokémons in an episode.

Gymnotide
May 29th, 2009, 06:03 PM
That is probably because the Legendary Dogs are Legendary?

Like everyone mentioned above, this is a show that is generally aimed for the younger audience. It wouldn't be so wise to show Pokémon dying or deceased Pokémons in an episode.

Except they are all cats, lul.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
May 29th, 2009, 06:22 PM
The Marowak in RBY was killed by Team Rocket, as well as the rest of the Cubones, an Onix in the Sevii Islands (where you get the Metal Coat), and the various cemeteries mentioned above.

Also, Ghost Pokemon come from dead [non-Ghost] Pokemon.

You must realize that as a children's show, they won't show the Pokemon dying onscreen, but they do mention it in the background. Why was Ash's Lapras so lost and alone?Because it got lost and was separated from its family, which it is reunited with in one of the last Orange Islands episodes. None of them died. :\

Anyways, pokemon obviously do die.

They say Ninetales can live for a thousand years... so I'm assuming that after they finish living, they die. Unless anyone else can think of another, more logical explanation?

Also, didn't Pikachu die once or twice in the anime? I remember the chandelier falling and then pikachu illuminating it before he lost consciousness, but I don't remember if they were still breathing or not.

ShinjisLover
May 29th, 2009, 07:03 PM
A lot of Pokémon died. They're not immortal. The Pokémon Tower? It's got dead Pokémon. Celebi? Latios? Lucario? They all died.

What I think is that, in Pokémon battles, the Pokémon don't hit as hard as they would in, say, a fight for territory or food. So that would make the Pokémon faint and not die.

The Scientist
May 29th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Because it got lost and was separated from its family, which it is reunited with in one of the last Orange Islands episodes. None of them died. :\

Oh yeah... I watched that so many years ago...

I was more referring to both the show and the Pokedex entries that say Lapras are almost extinct due to overhunting.

Primal_Dialga
May 29th, 2009, 07:52 PM
The shows don't show pokemon dying
because its a little kids show. The games
have pokemon cemeteries. Such as, Lavender
Town's cemetery, Mt. Pyre, and the Lost Tower.

Also in the first generation a girl in Lavender town
talks about how Team Rocket killed a Cubone's
mother. You even see its spirit in Lavender town.

yea kids wouldn't watch the show if all the pokemon died. it would be just sad :( its just mentioned here and there in games and anime.

AuraAshley
May 29th, 2009, 08:02 PM
yea kids wouldn't watch the show if all the pokemon died. it would be just sad :( its just mentioned here and there in games and anime.

i must of missed those episodes then and i dont remember pokemon dying in the game so

Primal_Dialga
May 29th, 2009, 08:23 PM
i must of missed those episodes then and i dont remember pokemon dying in the game so

well they did die if you talk to people in the pokemon tower in Lavender in pokemon RED/GREEN it says so but no you don't see them die you just hear it...

Alexithymia~
May 29th, 2009, 11:53 PM
What about the Pokemon tower? It was a very important part of the game in FR/LG.
You got like Spec. [something] there, I think, and you fought Team Rocket Grunts ..
How could you miss that?

OokamiShipper
May 30th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I'm pretty sure they can die.
Lucario died in that one movie...
Giratina almost died in that other movie...
If you talk to the people in that tower placey in Lavendar,
One says, "Growlithe, why did you die...?" The other also says something about their Pokemon's grave...
A Marowak was killed by TR...
Some Pokemon can live for a long time and are immortal.
Like Ninetales for a 1000 years, and I doubt Mew could ever really die.

Pachireecko
May 30th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Well in a few episodes and games pokemon were killed but can they die by old age?