PDA

View Full Version : Which arc is your favorite?

Finnel
May 30th, 2009, 03:29 AM
Which is your favorite, Red/Blue, Yellow, Gold/Silver, Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire, FireRed/LeafGreen, Emerald or the Diamond/Pearl arc?
You can have several favorites and you can also say which one's your least favorite. Please don't bash other people for their opinions, having small debates is fine I guess.

Personally, my favorite arc's gotta be R/S. It's based on my favorite games in the series, there were tons of epic scenes (thinking about Ruby vs his dad on the Weather Institute rooftop) and Ruby's and Sapphire's relationship is so adorable.

Red/Blue and FireRed/LeafGreen shares the second place. The first arc was charming and cute, and FR/LG was really dramatic and cool.

I'd say my least favorite arc is the G/S/C one, they were trying to do so many things with it and had so many subplots that it all became a huge mess. I hope they make up for their little slip with the GSDS arc.
My first impressions of the Diamond/Pearl arc are... Not very good, so far. I'm hoping it'll grow on me, but considering I really disliked the games I'm not so sure that'll happen.

Asgard
May 30th, 2009, 04:42 AM
My favorite was also the Ruby/Sapphire arc :> I didn't like it at all in the beginning, but it really grew on me n_n I love the Ruby/Sapphire relationship and I felt it was the most involved out of all of the previous plots.

My second favorite would definitely be the Yellow arc. I picked up on the similarities between Yellow and the girl from the R/B arc, yet I still found myself questioning whether or not Yellow was a girl at times xD;; I also like the E4's involvement. I was expecting them to be sorta guardians of the region to make sure nothing like Team Rocket was happening, so I was pretty surprised when they were the bad guys~ owo;;

Hmm... My least favorite would probably be the Emerald arc, but that's mostly because I personally didn't find Emerald as a likeable character. (But the ending was epic 8D)

Awesome.
May 30th, 2009, 04:48 AM
diamond&pearl arc is my favorite

Clover Cat
May 30th, 2009, 06:47 AM
GSC was the best for me, several reasons why:
1. Gold was in it.^^
2. The Mask of Ice was and probably has been my most favorite villain. I'm not really sure why...
3. It was the arc where Yellow revealed to Red her little "secret". Honestly, the look on his face was priceless.XD

Second would be RS. The whole plot was amazing, as was the final battle. And I liked the relationship twist.^^
But the ending was epic 8D
YES IT WAS.XD

SuperLink
May 30th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Gotta be Ruby and Sapphire. At first I thought Ruby was just a vain moron, and that it was gonna be a dull rehash of the game's generally generic plot, but it got the game's plot and somehow made it into the most epic tale so far.

By the end, I couldn't believe how awesome and epic Ruby was *-* I still can't believe it. This is why he's my favourite protag by far.

RubyJB88
May 30th, 2009, 01:07 PM
R/S, followed by G/S/C, then FRLG. I usually clump RBG and Yellow together. And I haven't read the Emerald arc yet.

Taichi
May 30th, 2009, 01:27 PM
G/S/C

1.Gold was awesome. Such a gogglehead.
2.Yellow's secret revealed.
3.Silver's my favorite anti-hero turned hero in the Pokemon Special series.
4.Mask of Ice seemed epic until I found out who it was.
5.Gold finding out about Oak's nickname and crying all "shounen hero" like and yelling about how he has no reason to fight/ no ability.

AuraAshley
May 30th, 2009, 01:38 PM
gold and silver are my favorite pokemon games

Dominus Temporis
May 30th, 2009, 03:55 PM
It's a tough choice for me, but I have to say Ruby and Sapphire. Besides the fact that Sapphire was the first character to actually make it her priority to go and face the Gyms, I liked how they reversed what the traditional gender roles would be and made Ruby the Contest challenger and Sapphire the Gym challenger. Plus, they had cool teams, and Wally's green-themed team was a nice touch too.

And the whole final battle. The entire storyline was epic, really.

SuperLink
May 31st, 2009, 02:14 AM
Besides the fact that Sapphire was the first character to actually make it her priority to go and face the Gyms, I liked how they reversed what the traditional gender roles would be and made Ruby the Contest challenger and Sapphire the Gym challenger.
Completely agree... the fact that every girl character in the anime wants to be a CoOrdinator now makes me sick to my stomach. Sexist much?

RubyJB88
May 31st, 2009, 09:04 AM
Completely agree... the fact that every girl character in the anime wants to be a CoOrdinator now makes me sick to my stomach. Sexist much?

The writers have made it biased that cute girls go for contests and such, and not the other way around. As much as I dislike this stereotype, there is no way to overrule it. I'm quite glad the writers for the manga have not done this to all the girls.

SuperLink
May 31st, 2009, 09:13 AM
The writers have made it biased that cute girls go for contests and such, and not the other way around.
Do you mean it's gonna be like that for the rest of the Anime's endless existence? I was really hoping they would actually break the character mold sometime... It's always just Ash, Brock and rotating contest girl....

OokamiShipper
May 31st, 2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I agree, the anime should be more like the manga, since the manga has different main characters for each arc, it makes it easier to connect with each one.

My fave might be Emerald, since it's nostalgic, but I also love RGB and FRLG~
Oh heck, I loove all of them x3

Dannwe123
June 16th, 2009, 10:14 AM
For me it's a tie between Yellow and G/S/C

Sleepwalker
June 16th, 2009, 01:26 PM
RGB is my favorite. You can't hate the classics.

Mileyangel
June 16th, 2009, 02:48 PM
The RGB, GSC, and FRLG saga.

RUBY8
June 16th, 2009, 03:19 PM
My favorite waz ruby and sapphire because it had more of a background than the other stories and every chapter followed along perfectly with each other and there were flaws on the characters which made me like it even more becuase honestly i can't find any flaws on Red. Along with all that the final battle was so intense for a moment i thought it was over because almost every important character were all unable to battle and some were dead like norman and steve but Ruby suprised me with his sixth pokemon celebi.

drunk ¬_¬
June 16th, 2009, 07:24 PM
well, in order of how much i like them, i'm going with:
1) R/B/G
2) R/S
3) G/S/C
4) FR/LG
5) Y
6) E

and i haven't read DPPt yet :P

大輔
June 17th, 2009, 01:51 AM
I don't know why but Ruby and Sapphire was on of the best archs I mean at first you thought Ruby was a neat-freak retard and Sapphire as a crazy British-accented wild party girl. And then after a while it grows on you.

For some reason I also love Diamond and Pearl...I mean Pearl is one of my favorite characters 'cause he is always angry but has a close bond with Dia its really wierd ;P...I also love Diamond because he is just so care free and always so calm...he doesn't deserve being slapped by Pearl to be honest...
Platinum is kind of and interesting character that you have to really study in order to like her...but she's not a bad character though!

Arrlop
June 17th, 2009, 07:13 AM
RGB Then GSC because there the only two i use to read

Wish
June 17th, 2009, 07:24 AM
The Ruby and Sapphire arc and the Gold, Silver, and Crystal arcs are my top two since I loved Ruby in every way, and I had a lot of time reading that arc, with his prissy attitude. G/S/C just because it was plain epic. Johto vs. Kanto? Can't get that anywhere else. XD

RubyJB88
June 17th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Do you mean it's gonna be like that for the rest of the Anime's endless existence? I was really hoping they would actually break the character mold sometime... It's always just Ash, Brock and rotating contest girl....

I'm afraid so. We're eleven years into the anime, such a change could've occurred sooner.

Lost in Time
June 17th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I'd have to say that the GSC arc was my favorite, then it would be RS. RS gets second only because it was a little slow in the beginning and I didn't like Ruby a whole lot. In third I liked the Yellow Arc because it was packed full of Epic goodness.

Mika555
June 22nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
My favorite arc so far is the Diamond and Pearl arc followed by the GSC arc and then the RGB arc.

Oh, The Places You'll Go.
June 22nd, 2009, 07:02 PM
Ruby and Sapphire.
It was the first Pokemon Special I read, because I used to think it was the first. 0.o
Then I learned about the good ol' RBY and GSC.
The story leaped off the page for me. The story was different from the rest, the characters weren't afraid to be different from past characters. Thats why I love it.
<3

Zippie
June 22nd, 2009, 07:25 PM
The FireRed/LeafGreen arc.

大輔
June 23rd, 2009, 12:04 PM
Ruby and Sapphire were my favorite so far! The older ones were really amazing too!! I just like how Ruby and Sapphire's relationship was going through the manga.

Diamond and Pearl has the best beginning so far but needs to allow Diamond and Pearl be apart of gym battling and/or contests because Platinum is the only one doing everything which makes the story more annoying... it's not bad though :D!

link for all of the manga for pokemon special including DP:

www.mangafox.com/manga/pok_mon_adventures/

Draco Razr
June 27th, 2009, 08:28 PM
The Ruby and Sapphire Arc! Ohhhhh! I love it! But i think Diamond and Pearl Arc will change everything around!

Ibuberu
June 29th, 2009, 01:11 AM
The Ruby/Sapphire arc was really nice. I liked both Ruby and Sapphire, their personalities were really unique. They complimented each other really well, and there was also a whole cast of awesome characters behind them (Marge, Wally, Norman, Wallace etc) The storyline was nice, and I liked how they actually delved into RuSa's past. Their relationship was really cute, and it was a good background plot/story thing :3

Second would be the GSC arc because all the three protagonists are pure win <3 And the Mask of Ice was an epic enemy imo. I liked how they ended it off, and the funny conversations between the characters. It was entertaining. With the Gold/Crys and Gold/Silver especially XD

Finally, I'm really looking forward to the DP arc, after reading through Volume 30. It has loads of potential, with all three characters being very likeable and comical. I didn't like the Emerald Arc as much, as compared to all the previous arcs. But I'll have to agree that the ending was pretty good (:

fire243
July 6th, 2009, 08:10 AM
The ending will so much more epic if we get to see the tournament between all the pokedex holders!

If there is any fan manga to be drawn or fanfic to be writen for PokeSpe, it will be the mother of all tournaments between all those trainers.

pokexpress
July 6th, 2009, 10:18 PM
R/S. I love the plot, the last battle, and of course, Ruby and Sapphire are both totally sweet. My favourite game is actually GSC, but I don't like the story all that much, while the Yellow series is a bit...boring?

BlueMaySapphire13
July 12th, 2009, 03:16 AM
I like all the arcs. But I like FR/LG, Emerald, and R/S arcs the best. ^v^

Inferno1
July 13th, 2009, 06:08 PM
the original up till gold

MC Blaze
July 13th, 2009, 07:16 PM
My favorite arc has to be R/S too. By the time I was reading about Dewford, I started to think Ruby was... you know. But then he showed this fierce and force and it was just... WOW. Also, Sapphire was kinda cool and cute, she seemed like a tiger in a dress.

Then... and I know some of you´ll say "What?!"... D/P. All the thing about the double act, Dia´s attitude and Pearl´s blackouts of rage it´s way too cool:

Pearl: "Did you just laughed?"

Platinum: "No, I didn´t"

Pearl: "You so did too! I´m sure of it!"

Platinum: "No, I didn´t. Don´t be a pest"

RubyJB88
July 14th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I like it how people get this whole new perception of Ruby once they read that part. :D

Chocho789
July 14th, 2009, 08:32 PM
My favorites would be~
Yellow, G/S/C, LF/FR, and Emerald saga~!

Marioman11
July 25th, 2009, 07:45 AM
R/B/G saga because that's the only one I've read so far :((I only own the first 3 volumes. It's very hard to find the books outside of japan and I perfer reading the books than reading the scans online.)

PokeMangaObsessed
July 25th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I loved the Ruby/Sapphire arc. The backstory for Ruby and Sapphire was cute, the battle between Ruby and his dad were epic, and everything was just awesome.