PDA

View Full Version : Item you must always have on you

SwellowX
May 30th, 2009, 09:04 AM
ok i am not looking through over 100 pages check to see if this has already been posted ok so if it already has been posted i apologise

Is there a item you must always have when playing R/S/E LG/FR?

the item i must always have is exp shere

templekeeper
May 30th, 2009, 09:05 AM
The one thing people don't like when I play their games for them is that I always have to buy a warehouse full of Super Repels. Why? I have a thing or two against random encounters.

SwellowX
May 30th, 2009, 09:08 AM
same with me i always but repels due to random zubats in caves you take 1 step after you just ran from a zubat battle and another zubat appears so thats why i also have to have repels

Marionette
May 30th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I always have the Exp Share also c:
i like to always be training a low level pokemon,
either for evolution or team purposes.

Satoshi Ookami
May 30th, 2009, 09:10 AM
All types of Repels 'cause low leveled pokemons are very annoying

SwellowX
May 30th, 2009, 09:11 AM
i have amulet coin also but it aint as important than an exp shere come on you must be greedy if you pick amulet coin over exp shere but thtas my opinion

Alexithymia~
May 30th, 2009, 09:11 AM
This would be better phased as 'Item you always have on your person'... but whatever:
I always have super/max repels...
'cause those damn pokemon always know when I'm in a hurry, or my pokemon are hurt... so they can just POP UP! Damn them..
So repels are a godsend.

Lynnx
May 30th, 2009, 09:12 AM
I always used to have the Exp. Share, but nowadays I don't use it anymore. I just have the Pokemon I'm training at the front of my party and switch in a stronger Pokemon to take the damage. I don't put a lot of emphasis on hold items, so I rotate the Amulet Coin depending on the first Pokemon in the party.

Oh, and I love Repels too. I have at least 20 Max Repels on me at a time just because I hate having random Pokemon pop up in my face when I'm in a hurry.

Sweet Jasmine
May 30th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I always have my Max Revive and Hyper Potions and some Repels :P. Also some Full Heals they are needed asap. especially when your in a battle. or walking through a quest.

Awesome.
May 30th, 2009, 09:17 AM
i always have the mach bike with me

jy909
May 30th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I always have repels with me. Weak pokemon should die.

Britney's Circus
May 30th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I normally use the EXP-Share alot when one of my low levels is holding it.
The Amulet Coin isn't that good, it is only more money and EXP is more important.

Satoshi Ookami
May 30th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I always have my Max Revive and Hyper Potions and some Repels :P. Also some Full Heals they are needed asap. especially when your in a battle. or walking through a quest.
I prefer Lava Cookie to Full Heal but I know it's not obtainable everytime...

p0k3M0nMast4r
May 30th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Exp Shere. is good when you want to level up one of your week pokemons

Vuallum
May 30th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I usually don't bother picking up the exp.share in most of my games :P

BenjiTheKid
May 30th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Out of the choices, Exp. Share... though, I wouldn't even really say that I always have one. Sometimes I don't even collect it. But, it does come in handy.

In general, I always have potions, antidotes and full heals. In the beginning of most games, you need antidotes A LOT. It seems potions always come in handy. And full heals, obviously, do, too. I also usually have a large amount of Rare Candies 'cuz I wait till I REALLY need them to use them. :P

Primal_Dialga
May 30th, 2009, 05:13 PM
i always have an oran berry there verrrrrrry important :P

flight
May 30th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Max Repels. Especially when EV training. EV training is very tedious. D:

BHwolfgang
May 30th, 2009, 07:35 PM
In the poll, I must have an Amulet Coin. Sorry Exp. Share, but I can always train my weaker Pokémon from the beginning till the end.

Also, I can't live in the Pokémon world without my Bike and Max Repels. Rare Candies are overrated and useless during EV training.

shanecdavis
May 30th, 2009, 08:19 PM
No question that Exp Share is much more valuable than Amulet Coin. Not only can you gain Exp points by having a Pokemon hold it, but you also get the EV points. There isn't an item in the game that is more valuable than that.

Swift!
May 30th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Poke Balls.

I've learnt from experience that they're invaluable to any trainer.

JAD0109
May 30th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I'd have to say Exp. Share.

Money is easy to get, good experience isn't as much.

Sleepwalker
May 31st, 2009, 02:16 PM
I always have Revives. I go a long time without going to PokéCenters.

Isabelle
June 1st, 2009, 12:47 AM
Always have Repel. Because when your on a quest or something like that. Pokemons will appear when you are stepping in the grass or traveling through the sea. Especially when your in a hurry. and also i always bring extra Super Revives/Hyper Potions. Because like when your battling a gang like Team Rocket/Galactic. etc. You'll need those.

Zach.Is.Me.
June 2nd, 2009, 06:04 AM
I pick the Amulet Coin over the Exp Share. I use the Amulet when I fight the Elite Four so I get twice the money, and just keep low level pokemon at the front of my party so they get more Exp Points than they would fighting pretty much any other trainer in the game.

Ayselipera
June 2nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
I always have full restores on me.
They come in handy!

knight of the abyss
June 3rd, 2009, 08:31 PM
Experience share and revive.I cant live without these items!!

Zach.Is.Me.
June 4th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Experience share and revive.I cant live without these items!!

Yeah, revives are awesome. But dear lord are they expensive. I'm generally too cheap to buy them and will resort to running back to the closest pokecenter.

Unless I'm battling the elite 4... then they're kind of necessary.

titodsik1
June 4th, 2009, 10:38 AM
I tend to always have exp. share because I train with the pokemon league to get certain pokemon that evolve at high levels

Sweet Smoochum
June 6th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned Escape Rope.

I always make sure I have a couple of those. Think about it, you're in a cave, 5 of your Pokemon are fainted and you ran out of revives. Your sixth Pokemon is weak, but you hold onto it because you want it to gain some levels. You're too far away from the exit and you don't want to faint in battle, or have to pay a trainer your money. So you use an Escape Rope to get out of the cave to heal your Pokemon immediately.

Items I like to hold onto: Repels, Escape Rope, Pokeballs, Ultra Balls (in case of a Legendary encounter), Revives for long journeys, items that can cure HP and PP and status. I always try to save the Elixers and Ethers for the Elite Four. Amulet Coin is a good item to use when battling the Elite Four. Also, I like items that power up type moves. For example, Charcoal for fire pokemon, mystic water for water Pokemon, and miracle leaf for Grass Pokemon.

Razer302
June 7th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Pokeballs? xD

Out of the two on the list I would always have the Exp share, makes it easier to train up the lower leveled Pokes.

Zach.Is.Me.
June 7th, 2009, 06:21 AM
I always try to save the Elixers and Ethers for the Elite Four. Amulet Coin is a good item to use when battling the Elite Four.

Yeah, same here. By the time you get to that level, all the best moves ALWAYS have only 5 PP. I so wish you could buy ethers and elixers in pokemarts. That would be quite convenient.

Feaw
June 7th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I always let the pokemon I train hold Lucky Eggs, gotta love the Exp boost :P.

Kazukii
June 7th, 2009, 06:41 AM
I chose exp share on the poll.
Repel is an essential for me.

Shroom32
June 7th, 2009, 06:44 AM
ive learned from exp,ultra balls are needed

Burzes
June 7th, 2009, 09:52 AM
EXP Share... I only use it for pokemon that need level up at a certain place or move.... Either that or I'm lazy.

Sweet Smoochum
June 7th, 2009, 02:47 PM
A good thing to get at a department store in a Pokemon game is Fresh Water, Soda Pop, & Lemonade. (Lemonade is the best choice.) It's cheaper than super potions, and it heals more HP. Lemonade is like 350, and heals 80 HP whereas Super Potions are $700 and only heal 50 HP. Fresh Water is 200 dollars and heals 50 HP as well, but it's cheaper than Super Potions. Soda Pop is 300 dollars, but it heals 60 HP. Your best bet is Lemonade. It's cheap and restores 80 HP. Very useful.

-Raiken-
June 7th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Exp Share over the Amulet Coin and also Pokeballs because I find them much better than Great Balls/Ultra Balls for some odd reason.

*Nayz*
June 7th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I always keep repels handy because caves can be really annoying

crobatdeluxe
June 7th, 2009, 10:46 PM
super/max repels and super/hyper/max potion.

RYOUKI
June 8th, 2009, 12:39 AM
EXP Share. It's much harder to gain level in Emerald than in LG. Because, mostly, I think the highest wild Pokemon level there is 45, or so.

Zach.Is.Me.
June 8th, 2009, 08:50 AM
A good thing to get at a department store in a Pokemon game is Fresh Water, Soda Pop, & Lemonade. (Lemonade is the best choice.) It's cheaper than super potions, and it heals more HP. Lemonade is like 350, and heals 80 HP whereas Super Potions are $700 and only heal 50 HP. Fresh Water is 200 dollars and heals 50 HP as well, but it's cheaper than Super Potions. Soda Pop is 300 dollars, but it heals 60 HP. Your best bet is Lemonade. It's cheap and restores 80 HP. Very useful.

YES!

I always have a ton of Lemonade on me. And use it to replenish wounded pokemon while Elite 4 battling/training.

lucariomaniac
June 8th, 2009, 03:27 PM
i personally like to carry luxury balls around i dont know why but i just like how they look

hourai
June 13th, 2009, 03:18 AM
I choose EXP share so I can make my weak pokèmon stronger

Skaterzpenguin
June 13th, 2009, 03:24 AM
I could easily use both items. Expecially in a double battle. ;D Anyway I would use the Amulet coin more cuz I need money in the game because I buy a lot of hyper potions and ultra balls... I'm always prepared!

Foo Fighter
June 13th, 2009, 03:50 AM
I never go anywhere without my trusty escaperope.
I've gotten lost in caves way to many times.

Vie
June 13th, 2009, 03:53 AM
I always need my amulet coin and MAX REPEL! In every gen. I really need it. xD

Fire Eagle
June 17th, 2009, 04:03 AM
The item that I kept with me throughout the games was the Exp. Share item because I would always put it on my weak Pokemon that was far behind training.

ReddishDegree
June 19th, 2009, 05:32 PM
i alway carry a Rare Candy

Raykon
June 19th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Super repel's, always, it can get really annoying when you find yourself batteling a Pokemon when you are trying to get somewhere, and I also usually have a super potion.

Alec_
June 19th, 2009, 07:23 PM
The items i always have on me is probably a PokeBalls, Great Balls, Ultra Balls so if ever a Rare Pokemon appeared you could catch them.:3 Not only PokeBalls but also Potions, Super Potions, Hyper Potions, Full Heal and Repels. It's needed on your journey very much. That's why i always have it on me. XD.

~Fairytales.

Cassino
June 20th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I always retain a large stock of berries; natural cures for great justice.

Jasonpower
June 20th, 2009, 09:34 PM
i would always have exp share to share exp with my other pokemon and like 100-999 max repels to keep away pokemon and like lots of potions

thorn96
June 21st, 2009, 12:39 AM
I always have as many potions, escape ropes and items of that sort with me as possible. Also Poke balls. Quick balls are the best. :-D

Superspaztastic13
June 21st, 2009, 12:41 AM
Max Repel.... I hate when you just wanna be left alone so you can finish a certain area!

dragonarche
June 21st, 2009, 02:42 AM
i would pick the EXP share its better to have 2 strong pokemon than 1 strong pokemon

LegenZs
June 21st, 2009, 10:12 AM
Exp.Share

If you put it on your main pokemon you get 2x as much exp as before which levels it up faster

Revise Librarian
June 21st, 2009, 11:06 AM
Meh.. I'd prefer an Amulet coin over an experience share, so I can earn money for Max Repels and Full Restores.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 28th, 2009, 10:39 AM
An Amulet Coin because EXP. Share is just helping another Pokemon, now if it were a Lucky Egg than I would choose that over the Amulet Coin. Besides I like being rich in the game

:t354:TG

Circa
June 29th, 2009, 12:32 AM
The items that i usually have on me is Hyper Potions. Some Pokeballs. And repels too. :-D. Needed them for my journey. Especially when your battling a rare Pokemon or a Gym Leader. Elite four too. xD

extramaster
July 1st, 2009, 02:36 AM
For the repel (should be changed into another topic) I always have at least 5 max repels because it's anoying, wasting the last 1minute of your life either battling or running away from a lv 5 pokemon when you're happy messing about with you lv 100.
For the main topic, amulet coins are cool because you can easily get your money up to the max (99999999).

261Poochyena
July 2nd, 2009, 06:35 PM
EXP share, definetly, I never buy anything on pokemon, but I'm always training pokemon

vudw
July 2nd, 2009, 08:47 PM
Because I almost never use money to buy any items (apart from balls and revives) I would go for the Exp. Share. In Ruby, I even maxed out my money to the famous 999999999- whatever it is; no Amulet Coin attached. That happens when you put the Exp. Share on your lead Blaziken and/or Groudon and mop the remnants of the Elite Four's pride into a magical bucket of Poke. (I find the fact that I stoop so low, pathetic.)

Zero°
July 2nd, 2009, 08:50 PM
Umm, either macho brace or EXP share

Intensity
July 2nd, 2009, 08:56 PM
Exp. Share because it can really, and I do mean really help your Pokemon level up. I used one on a Bagon in Ruby, now it's one of my powerhouses (Salamence).

Turke
July 2nd, 2009, 09:44 PM
I choose amulet coin, and I always carry a bunch of pokeballs with me

Akiko
July 5th, 2009, 02:30 PM
The most important items for me is usually. Repels, Potions, Pokeballs, and Full Heal. About the Repels. Well obviously. It's needed in your journey. Especially when your in a hurry. It's too annoying pokemon keep appearing while your in a hurry. And it's disturbing you. That's why i always bring Repels. About the Potions. This is pretty important in your journey. You can heal up your pokemon even though there isn't a pokemon center. Even in a battle too. You can heal up your pokemon everytime you want. There are many kinds of potion. But it depends on what level is your pokemon is. About the Pokeballs. It's pretty important too. If you wanna catch a Pokemon then you can catch it with a Pokeball. And about the Full Heal. It's important because you can heal up the effect that your enemy has given to you.

Akiko.

Ineffable~
July 5th, 2009, 02:53 PM
I always need special Poké Balls, such as Quick Balls and Dusk Balls. Ultra Balls just don't quite do it for me. I still use them, but, you know, others are better.
Exp.Share

If you put it on your main pokemon you get 2x as much exp as before which levels it up fasterThat's not true at all... The Exp. Share, when held by Pokémon that is not the only Pokémon that fights, will give half of the total experience earned to the Pokémon holding it. All other calculations will also be made. For example, a Pokémon that is holding an Exp. Share that also participates in the battle along with one other Pokémon will earn three quarters of the experience points that a defeated Pokémon distributes.

derozio
July 8th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Hyper Potins, Revives, Full heals and Pokeballs. I keep other things too but these are a must!

Kunai~
July 8th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Max repels, its annoying finding wild pokemon when you are doing something important

FreakyLocz14
July 8th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Leppa Berry... can't live without em I grow em like a crazy gardener

GlitchCity
January 1st, 2010, 08:13 PM
full heals, I am obsessed with buying those. If I run out I immediatly go to the nearest mart.

gunjackSmoker
January 2nd, 2010, 08:21 PM
Exp. share. I need it to train my weak pokemon.

Halberdier
January 2nd, 2010, 09:03 PM
Completing 473 pokemon on my Dex, 150 of them came from my fire red. Most were pal parked fully evolved and had to be breeded to get their pre-evolutionaries. I made a lot of money with the amulet coin as I trained the newly hatched pre-evolutions on my Diamond against the elite four. I've beaten the elite four a sum of 89 times and at several times maxed out my Pokedollars and then dumped them all onto heal items, then maxed them again. The exp share and the amulet coin were both very useful here, as well as the lucky egg. It's a lot rarer, and fewer people have been blessed with it to deem it irreplaceable, but it's definitely a contender.

xxashxx
January 2nd, 2010, 11:06 PM
In the Advanced games FR/LG and Emerald the items I carry Potions because I always battle the E$ and I have quite a few Nuggets and PP UPS as well since I run out of moves that I like to use quite a bit so they are boosted with PP UP.:)

Halberdier
January 2nd, 2010, 11:13 PM
Leppa berries >>>>> PP ups for those of us who plant berries. :D

560cool.
January 3rd, 2010, 01:10 AM
Oh god , mostly in 3rd Gen , in Sapphire , I always had like 50 Max Repels .

There was tooo much grass and too much water .

This is how my Items Pocket looked like :

50 x Max Repels
30 x Hyper Potions
40 x Full Heals
10 x Escape Ropes
15 x Revives
-ALL FLUTES-
-TRASH->containing Amulet Coin , Exp. Share items like Miracle Seeds , etc.

Also , ehy does 3 Gen get all fame for it ? Why doesn't a mod put it in Pokemon General Gaming ?

FreakyLocz14
January 3rd, 2010, 02:08 AM
Leppa Berries. Grow them like wild.
In conjunction with Full Restores and Revives it's like having an entire Pokemon Center in your pocket, which is helpful for the Elite Four or when in caves.

mondays suck
January 3rd, 2010, 02:15 AM
Some Revives in the bag can never hurt, unless I'm doing a one Pokemon run, then they will get replaced by Full Restores and Hyper/Max Potions.

About Leppa Berries... If they would be easier to obtain than with all that annoying and slow plant growing, I would get tons of them, but they aren't. Same for Ethers of course, they really should make it possible to buy them.

Halberdier
January 3rd, 2010, 02:34 AM
Planting berries is not difficult. Especially with the app and HM fly.

mondays suck
January 3rd, 2010, 03:09 AM
I didn't mean it's difficult, it just takes long, and I lack the patience for that

Halberdier
January 3rd, 2010, 03:36 AM
Turn the game off, come back tommorow, the berries will be there.

Amore
January 3rd, 2010, 06:23 AM
Pokeballs.Ever since i got right up to Rayquaza, battled it, it was shiny, but i didn't have any pokeballs.So pissed off.

Moltres111
January 3rd, 2010, 07:36 AM
Repels. LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS (x99999999999999999999)
of Repels/Super Repels/Max Repels. I currently have about 300 of them. I need to buy some more soon, probably.. I use them all really quickly.

Seriously, random encounters that are not intentional makes me want to throw my DS at the wall. They are so god damn annoying.

Dixie Kong
January 3rd, 2010, 04:03 PM
Please don't revive threads over a month old, blah blah blah, you know the drill, lockity lock lock.