PDA

View Full Version : Where do Pokemon go when they die?

Opposite Day
May 30th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Seeing as it has been a bit of discussion on Pokemon death, I felt that I should make a thread that looked at it from the other way - that is, what happens to them when they die?

Since dead Pokemon have both been mentioned in the games, as well as featured in the anime, there's a few theories that can be made:

1) The dead Pokemons' spirits remain at a place connected to their death, or just a place where Pokemon are wept for and missed.
(the Lost Tower and the Pokemon Tower, south of Solaceon Town and in Lavender Town, respectively)

2) The dead Pokemons' spirit becomes vengeful, and might materialize itself yet again in the Pokemon world as a Ghost-type Pokemon.
(This is only based on what I've seen people write on this forum, so this one is rather uncomfirmed and rather fanon)

3) The dead Pokemons spirit travels away, at least from Earth, through space to a place unknown. They probably keep all their abilities that they had in life.
(this is quite the thin theory, being based on the dying Latios from Pokemon Heroes, and to a lesser extent the Marowak from Lavender Town, but for now, I find it rather valiable)

4) The dead Pokemon remains in place, turning to dirt and new Grimers eventually.
Nothing what-so-ever happens to it, when it's dead, it's more dead than Dusknoir itself.
(but that would be dull and boring, so that is probably not right)

5) The dead Pokemons' spirit is put on "hold", so that it remains in a kind of "Spirit world", waiting for its trainer to suffer the same fate (death).
(Lucario is shown to be together with Sir Aaron after its death, offering him a bar of chocolate, which didn't exist at the time he lived)

And that's all I can think of for the moment. :] Your thoughts and theories on this?

AuraAshley
May 30th, 2009, 11:59 PM
they die and go to poke heaven.

end of story

pokerus34
May 31st, 2009, 12:00 AM
they die and go to poke heaven.

end of story

I agree, they go in PokeHeaven... :)

Haha, maybe the Channelers just channel them to heaven?

Sweet Jasmine
May 31st, 2009, 12:33 AM
PokeHeaven or when they are bad PokeHell XD.

Andcetera
May 31st, 2009, 12:42 AM
LOL
REINCARNATION!!!!
None of this pokeheaven and pokehell bizzz-ness.

Satoshi Ookami
May 31st, 2009, 12:45 AM
I agree with pokeheaven where the guardian is jagold's Angeallen :)
and Shadow ones goes to pokehell what is guarding by Devihell :)

zappyspiker
May 31st, 2009, 01:02 AM
PokeHeaven like everyone says

ShinjisLover
May 31st, 2009, 01:10 AM
What about all the atheists?

Listen, because we don't know for sure if there is a heaven or hell and we don't know what will happen when we die, we can't say for sure. All we know is that Pokémon have their own graves. Perhaps they get cremated as well.

So, basically, it's this:
Where do Pokémon go when they die? In the ground/In the fire.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
May 31st, 2009, 04:02 AM
I thought that when Pokemon died, they became Ghost Pokemon....I don't get why everyone is saying "POKEHEAVEN END OF THREAD"

Opposite Day
May 31st, 2009, 07:04 AM

Listen, because we don't know for sure if there is a heaven or hell and we don't know what will happen when we die, we can't say for sure. All we know is that Pokémon have their own graves. Perhaps they get cremated as well.

It's true that we haven't got any idea where they actually GO, but we've got a tip, or something more like a clue with the 5th movie - Pokemon Heroes.
Latios sacrifices himself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkjrLTND8Pc) in order to save Alto Mare from a giant tidal wave, and after he dies, he puts on "Sight Share" so that Latias, Ash, and company gets to see what he actually sees after dying.
Sadly, I couldn't find a perfectly fitting video (help, anyone with the movie in their possession?:)), but that clip would've shown his spirit ascending from the Earth, at a steadily increasing pace untill the Earth is nothing but a small ball in the distance.
No ground nor fire here.

Actually, whilst looking at the video, his spirit is not that unlike in color to that Sky-blue color that the "Aura" of different pokemon has.
Is then spirit the same as Aura, and does that mean that you actually shoot dead Pokemons spirits when using moves such as Aura Sphere?

Azonic
May 31st, 2009, 07:38 AM
Well, we know for one that there is a dead Marowak in FRLG roaming about. So their spirits probably remain on the earth; that's apparently what happened to Marowak.

kingofjokers
May 31st, 2009, 07:45 AM
they go to pokeheaven or reincarnation into ghost or thier sprits go where they want to

ReyRey-Pyon
May 31st, 2009, 07:46 AM
I don't know im not a dead pokemon

speaking of

HOW do pokemon die? I know they die, in movies, {{i haven't seen all of thm sadly...care to clue me in?}}, and TR managed to kill pokemon but they can be zapped with OVER 9000 volts of electricity, burned with OVER 9000 degrees of heat, and yet they manage to get by with paralysis, a small burn, slight poisoning, or fainting. >.>

The Bringer!
May 31st, 2009, 07:51 AM
It's quite obvious isn't it?
When pokemon die, they turn into gummybears that match their color.

BHwolfgang
May 31st, 2009, 08:19 AM
Reincarnation, anyone? However, it kinda leads to the Pokéheaven-thing since there's a GOD Pokémon somewhere the Pokémon world…!

There are things in Pokémon that remains unexplained. In the anime, we see the ghost of Ninetails; and, in the game, we saw the spirit of Marowak. Perhaps they can choose to stay on earth until their duties have been accomplished, or their spirits just fade away…?

AuraAshley
May 31st, 2009, 12:39 PM
like i said earlier poke heaven.

reincarnation could be possible, but Arceus cancels that seeing as he is the god of pokemon and God in general.

Milke
May 31st, 2009, 02:15 PM
If pokemon go to the same place as animals in our world when they die, then they die and get eaten by weedles. The End.

Pokeyomom
May 31st, 2009, 02:25 PM

Well all the atheist pokemon go to pokehell. End of thread/. Lmao jk.

Lady Gaga
May 31st, 2009, 02:26 PM
hmmm...i personally, looking at everything in the anime and games, and Pokecommunity, i ithnk this is what happens.

The pokemon will die, for whatever reason, and then their spirits will leave the earth, too go to the Pokeheaven. They can then descend back to earth as spirits. There they can be seen by mortals.

AuraAshley
May 31st, 2009, 02:56 PM
well judging by everyones response, my pokeheaven idea makes the most sense. maybe reincarnation or maybe they really dont die.

Harley Quinn
May 31st, 2009, 03:04 PM
Well honey, they go to Pokemon Heaven, where they play & eat all day long!

AMG
May 31st, 2009, 03:30 PM
Lavender Town where whose who wish to still have a presence in the world become Gastlys.

AuraAshley
May 31st, 2009, 03:35 PM
oh oh i have an idea. when they die they become ghastly haunter or gengar

Azonic
May 31st, 2009, 05:49 PM
Maybe the spirit goes to the Reverse World? :< So the Marowak in FRLG must have come out of the Reverse World somehow... o3o.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
May 31st, 2009, 06:28 PM
This is my theory:
When pokemon die, they go into another dimension. This dimension is essentially the equivalent of heaven/hell/some other more neutral location. If say, they were brutally murdered, or killed in some exceptionally violent and/or sudden way, their spirit may cross back over into the normal dimension, so that they may try to either find some sort of peace, through revenge, knowledge, or whatever allows them to accept their death, or, become a ghost pokemon, and try to live out the rest of the life that was taken from them.

For example, the Marowak in the pokemon tower that was killed by Team Rocket. I'm assuming it needed to be able to have a fair fight for its life. It never had a chance against team rocket, but being able to fight against someone and being defeated, it is able to find some peace. I'm sure it also likes the fact that you're avenging its death by defeating Team Rocket.

If, say, a young pokemon dies of an illness or something, before being able to have a long, fulfilling life, it might come back as a ghost pokemon, in the hopes of 'living'. Something like reincarnation. I imagine something like this happened with Ash's Haunter in the anime. It just wanted some fun and someone to share a few laughs with.

If they just die of old age, after having a happy life, they just go to the other dimension/heaven/etc., which I would assume is something that the pokemon finds pleasant.

But who knows. I for sure don't think all pokemon come back as ghost pokemon, but I suppose something like that is possible, and ghost pokemon are just what we see whenever they cross between dimensions at areas where the gap between the dimensions is bridged. Haunted houses, the Pokemon Tower, Mt. Pyre, etc.

PokemonFanatic2
May 31st, 2009, 06:54 PM
They go to pokeheaven, pokehell, etc. But their bodies stay where they were buried at the lost tower, but their spirits rise to wherever.

Wulf
May 31st, 2009, 07:08 PM
Their are kinda like animals, souless, so they can't go to a Heaven.

ShinjisLover
May 31st, 2009, 07:18 PM
HOW do pokemon die? I know they die, in movies, {{i haven't seen all of thm sadly...care to clue me in?}}, and TR managed to kill pokemon but they can be zapped with OVER 9000 volts of electricity, burned with OVER 9000 degrees of heat, and yet they manage to get by with paralysis, a small burn, slight poisoning, or fainting. >.>They'd die like a human. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Pokémon most likely don't attack each other with all the force they can when they're just 'battling' or 'sparring'. However, they may kill each other in the wild.

well judging by everyones response, my pokeheaven idea makes the most sense.That's incredibly biased. Not everyone is religious, so PokéHeaven is not the best explanation. Because none of us know what happens when we die, we can't say for sure.

I really don't see the logic in this at all. Every living thing has a soul. Dogs and such can feel love.

The Scientist
May 31st, 2009, 07:44 PM
I think they become Ghost Pokemon.

zappy_flash
May 31st, 2009, 07:50 PM
PokeHeaven or become ghost pokemon

dream's-epilogue
May 31st, 2009, 07:57 PM
Ow...that hurt...

PokeHeaven or become ghost pokemon

Heaven sounds nice...though I REALLY don't like ghosts, and probably wouldn't enjoy being one, either...

The point is that no one can say for sure unless they somehow gain the ability to speak to dead Pokemon (AND UNDERSTAND THEM!!).

And when I die, I doubt I'll find a way to communicate with the realm of the living. I won't exactly be able to put up "The Pokemon Afterlife" on YouTube...unless the afterlife has WiFi, which I doubt.

Feign
May 31st, 2009, 08:08 PM
I'm kind of surprised on a lot of people's (western) beliefs in regards to Pokemon.

Has anyone considered Shintoism or Buddhism? (Pokemon is after all produced in Japan).

To me, with evidence mostly from the games, it would seem as though that spirits exist. If this is in limbo, or just a natural process, I am unsure.

JezzaRules
June 1st, 2009, 12:35 AM
They go to the same place humans go when they die pretty much.

RYOUKI
June 1st, 2009, 12:40 AM
I think their souls are guided by Dusknoir. But the Marowak spirit still baffles me.

Chaostorm
June 1st, 2009, 12:52 AM
all what I think is they become a Ghost pokemon . there isnt that much of Ghost type pokemon in the world . so A dead pokemon might become either Gastly , Misdreavos , Shuppet , Duskull. there are some pokemon that im not sure of they,re dead or something like that :

Sableye : I think its a zombie ....

Shedinja : it is said that its a bug shell that had been thrown and came to life

Drifloon : Dunno...

Spiritomb : the Odd Keystone with tons of Spirits of Human results in spiritomb...

Isabelle
June 1st, 2009, 09:11 AM
They will go to the God pokemon: Arceus. and they will serve Arceus. O_O

Milke
June 1st, 2009, 11:14 AM
I really don't see the logic in this at all. Every living thing has a soul. Dogs and such can feel love.

Can they now? How's that? Do you really think your dog "loves" you, or is it just doing that so that you give it food, play with it, etc.? You also assume that if something can "love," then it has a soul. Why is that?

I still say that like animals on this earth, pokemon wouldn't go to heaven or hell. They die. The end. Get eaten by Weedles.

Idiot!
June 1st, 2009, 07:25 PM
Somehow, they'll just decompose.

Do you really think your dog "loves" you, or is it just doing that so that you give it food, play with it, etc.?

Do you know dogs can feel jealousy? That's right, dogs can't be loyal all the time. If you can be jealous, can you love? Actually, it's the other way round. To be jealous, you have to love first.

jmadude
June 1st, 2009, 08:08 PM
I think it was Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald where the people would say that when pokemon die they are reborn.

Åzurε
June 1st, 2009, 08:35 PM
I'd say for Pokemon, they die, and if they don't feel the need to stay among the living they go away to a Pokemon spirit sanctuary. If they did things they (Arceus?) considered evil, they are allowed to reincarnate so many times, and if they don't get it together, they go nonbeing. If they did need to stay, and for a very, very good reason, or their will is very strong, they "resist" death and stay like the Marowak until soothed or taken care of.

As for ghost pokemon, they could be living beings which can pass into the Dark Future and back. Certain ones, like some Dusknoir, are employed to help soothe troubled souls which are "overdue".

.:Kanto:.
June 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM
even as a Pokémon myself...I can't answer this 100%..but.. I'm a bit sure that.. well..we lose our bodies.. and slowly fade away from existence..but we're still in your head..we're still with you.. whenever you're sad and thinking about us dead pokemon.. we're there.. right next to you.. and we don't want you to worry.. we may not physically be there.. but we're there..

we may lose our bodies.. but our souls remain.. we're not in pain.. we're always there with you..even when it's time for us to be reborn.. we'll still be there.. just in your head...and when we're reborn.. we don't just forget you.. we'll always remember you.

and the person who says we don't have a soul.. well.. thats just completely wrong.. every living thing has a soul..

A soul never dies, no matter what.

Inferno1
June 1st, 2009, 10:03 PM
Just like people when they die they get buried and then turn into worm food what happens to the soul i do not know but i know what happens to their bodies
that is the same answer i would of given you if u asked me what happend when people die

Niprop
June 1st, 2009, 10:12 PM
Can they now? How's that? Do you really think your dog "loves" you, or is it just doing that so that you give it food, play with it, etc.? You also assume that if something can "love," then it has a soul. Why is that?

I still say that like animals on this earth, pokemon wouldn't go to heaven or hell. They die. The end. Get eaten by Weedles.

Not every pokemon can be compared to an animal. For say, sapient pokemon like Alakazam line/Mr. Mime/Gardevoir&Gallade/Most the Legendary pokemon are more comparable to different races (OMG fantasy!) rather then your pet dog.

And the Marrowak spirit rules your other argument invalid.

dream's-epilogue
June 2nd, 2009, 10:12 AM
The fact remains that there is simply no way to prove any of these theories.

I am going to die one day. When I die, Black Hole with honor me with an officer's funeral, and I will end up either rotting in the ground, or ashes in a vase.

I don't know what will happen after. MAybe I'll go to PokeHeaven, or even PokeHell. Maybe I'll be reborn. Maybe my spirit will linger in the world of the living, or maybe I will simply cease to exist.

Bottom line is, unless someone can figure out a way to communicate with the dead, this is a mystery that can never be solved.

Oh, and by the way, we DO have souls.

Zech
June 2nd, 2009, 12:25 PM
They'll see black, they cant move, they cant think, they will just see black eternally..

Snerd
June 2nd, 2009, 12:26 PM
They turn into Ghost Pokémon, I'm guessing. XD

UntouchableJon
June 2nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Please help me delete my account, how do you do that?

Opposite Day
June 2nd, 2009, 01:11 PM
The fact remains that there is simply no way to prove any of these theories.

I am going to die one day. When I die, Black Hole with honor me with an officer's funeral, and I will end up either rotting in the ground, or ashes in a vase.

I don't know what will happen after. MAybe I'll go to PokeHeaven, or even PokeHell. Maybe I'll be reborn. Maybe my spirit will linger in the world of the living, or maybe I will simply cease to exist.

Bottom line is, unless someone can figure out a way to communicate with the dead, this is a mystery that can never be solved.

Oh, and by the way, we DO have souls.

Have you played PKMN Mystery Dungeon? As far as I can recall, Explorers of Time/Darkness end up with you dying..
I can't actually remember what happens then, a little help here?

dream's-epilogue
June 2nd, 2009, 01:18 PM
Actually, in MD2, you change the future. Since you're actually from the future, doing this saves the world, but makes it so you never exist. You don't technically die, you simply...cease to be.

But then Dialga takes pity on you and all your sad friends, and so tweaks the timestream or some such and allows you to exist outside of time. You return, and everyone is happy. At least, until that ugly business with Palkia...

Opposite Day
June 2nd, 2009, 01:32 PM
Actually, in MD2, you change the future. Since you're actually from the future, doing this saves the world, but makes it so you never exist. You don't technically die, you simply...cease to be.

But then Dialga takes pity on you and all your sad friends, and so tweaks the timestream or some such and allows you to exist outside of time. You return, and everyone is happy. At least, until that ugly business with Palkia...

Ah, true. Even though the only thing that makes the business with Palkia ugly, is Palkia itself lol-.-

Actually, I can't think of any moment in-game when you specifically see any Pokemon DIE, (yes, I'm aware of the Beasts being raised, Marowak being an angry spirit, and such) so we have very little evidence from that side.
However, in the Anime, there is several Pokemon dying, which gives certain clues, like the aformentioned Latios.

There is but one thing I think I have forgotten to mention - the MANGA. Damn, this Forum even has the Manga sub-section, so it should obviously be some reference there too - I actually think someone said that the manga is more realistic than the anime, so it might be better for all those purposes.
...Actually, think of the great battle between Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza when several persons and possibly Pokemon died. Since yet again my memory seems to fail me, could someone enlighten me here with what actually happened there? There might be something useful coming from that direction, and I really want to figure out this. It's all like a puzzle with very few pieces in our possession, but at least we should be able to make a pattern, right?

Ayselipera
June 2nd, 2009, 02:18 PM
Well in Lavender Town the spirit of the dead
Cubone's mother was restless. But after finally
calming it, it said something about its at peace
or whatever. So I guess it just went to the "big
pokemon world in the sky."

Azonic
June 2nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
and the person who says we don't have a soul.. well.. thats just completely wrong.. every living thing has a soul..Yeah I also agree that each and every bacterium in our poop have souls. I agree that my tomato plants have souls!

dream's-epilogue
June 2nd, 2009, 04:40 PM
Yeah I also agree that each and every bacterium in our poop have souls. I agree that my tomato plants have souls!

Your sarcasm is duly noted.

Obviously, there has to be exceptions. Do bacterium feel? Do they know jealousy? Or love? What about tomato plants?

Now, Pokemon. Do WE feel? Am I just a mindless beast? Are emotions beyond me?

Clearly, "soul" in the context of this argument needs to be defined. I believe it refers to the capacity to feel emotions like joy, hatred, fear, regret...

Feign
June 2nd, 2009, 05:03 PM
Oo Yeah... there are quite a few interpretations of souls, religiously and even non religiously. But like I said before, I wouldn't be surprised if the show took from mostly Shintoism and Buddhism as well as Shaolinism (is that a word?).

FalconJoker
June 2nd, 2009, 08:02 PM
They go where every one goes, into the dirt and just decay into nature.

Attrox Ostendo
June 2nd, 2009, 08:48 PM
I think the re-incarnation theory kind of works, because if you look at the history texts and stuff (From the new special arceus) it seems as if everyone is a spirit, and they get re-incarnated as pokemon OR humans, which would also support all the new evolutions, new pokemon, etc. It goes on to explain how they're equal as well, so there's some good foundation on that theory.

On that note... If pokemon died and turned into ghost pokemon, what would happen to humans, and what would happen when the ghost pokemon die?

Fredu999
June 3rd, 2009, 02:50 AM
I think the re-incarnation theory kind of works, because if you look at the history texts and stuff (From the new special arceus) it seems as if everyone is a spirit, and they get re-incarnated as pokemon OR humans, which would also support all the new evolutions, new pokemon, etc. It goes on to explain how they're equal as well, so there's some good foundation on that theory.

On that note... If pokemon died and turned into ghost pokemon, what would happen to humans, and what would happen when the ghost pokemon die?

This is getting WAY too complicated :D. It's like math. Don't wonder why, just think they're gone and that's it :P

destinedjagold
June 3rd, 2009, 03:13 AM
when they die, their memory got wiped out and they turn into ghost type POKéMON...

Åzurε
June 3rd, 2009, 12:02 PM
Ghost-typers are alive, just very different. And some work for whatever is in charge of the dead ones. [/theory]

Inkfingers
June 3rd, 2009, 04:46 PM
Basically every theory you had with "they go to heaven or hell"(or whatever your belief of heaven or hell whatever is) added.

They die like humans do...most of them

evertime
June 4th, 2009, 11:52 AM
It depends on the pokemon's choice.
They go to lavander town or another spirtual place near.
Then they decide what road to take.
The road to eternal peace. (poke heven)
The Road of trial. (poke hell)
The road of unfinished buisness. (comes back as sprit)
Or the road of rebirth. (reborn as a egg)

SmashBrony
June 4th, 2009, 06:30 PM
When they die,
they go to Avalon to be with King Arthur & the Knights of the Round table!!!
Seriously though,
there are things beyond the understanding of the human mind,
& death is one of them.
You say you know WHAT death is,
but do you really?
Who can ever know for sure that death is the end or
a new beginning?
(Personally, I belive in heaven.
YA GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?!?)

Grexx
June 4th, 2009, 06:50 PM
When pokemon dies they magically turn into a card and get sent to our world. :)

GunSaberSeraph
June 4th, 2009, 07:42 PM
When they die, they either go to heaven, or the Mystery Dungeon world.(Which could be the Pokemon equivalent of heaven)