PDA

View Full Version : Simple Questions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 25th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Here, ask your questions for Pokmon Fire Red and Leaf Green. Simple Questions that don't need a full thread or debate.

Example Questions:
ANYBODY REPLYING TO THESE QUESTIONS MAY HAVE THEIR POSTS DELETED
How do I capture Deoxys?
How do I get the National Dex?
Where do I go to get to the Mystery Islands?
Where can I get the Card Key?
How do I pass the guard? Drinks don't work anymore!

Anyway, time to ask, and many members will help you out, and hopefully you can help someone also!

123hi45
April 25th, 2004, 10:18 AM
what is the solution to the triangle puzzle on tri island?

Duke R
April 25th, 2004, 10:30 AM
It's easy: just press A to the triangle and don't walk to the green, be only in the "yellow".

Solid Reptile
May 2nd, 2004, 12:55 PM
how do i catch gyarados?

fishing or surfing?

PokefanJRH
May 3rd, 2004, 04:36 PM
Where Is a Descent ROM for this and English Patch?...

Oh Yeah..WHERE is Deoxys?

Frostweaver
May 3rd, 2004, 04:37 PM
we do not permit roms on this board... if you're lucky you may find one yourself or on other boards

Deoxys is impossible to catch legally at the moment. Like the southern island event, you need to rely on Nintendo promotion.

Shadow
May 3rd, 2004, 04:44 PM
how do i catch gyarados?

fishing or surfing?
I beleive by fishing, but it may be by surfing in some areas. YOu can always evovle a Magikarp.

And as frostweaver said, no ROMs are allowed here PokefanJHR, and to ask for patchs go to the Emulation/Patches Board...

Chaos_Hunter
May 22nd, 2004, 04:31 PM
Whats the difference between fire red and leaf green?? Ex. In ruby and sapphire kyrogue and groudon would be the diff. Is there any special pokemon that can be caught in one version and not the otha?

Shadow
May 22nd, 2004, 04:49 PM
Basically the same differences between Blue and Red. Some Pokemon (not legendaries) are exclusive to each game. I beleive the version exclusive list is different then in R/B though.

LanceLite
May 23rd, 2004, 03:59 AM
How do I get to Island 8?

Pikachu Fan38
June 11th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Are some of the sprites of Fire Red and Leaf Green
different from the sprites of Ruby and Sapphire?

Shadow
June 11th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Are some of the sprites of Fire Red and Leaf Green
different from the sprites of Ruby and Sapphire?
Yes, all trainers, the first 151 Pokemon, and the forms of Deoxys use new sprites. The other Pokemon use the Ru/Sa sprites. And I think if you battle Ru/SA it will use the Ru/Sa here/heroine sprites for them.
How do I get to Island 8?
Nintendo Promotion...

Pikachu Fan38
June 13th, 2004, 11:51 AM
So Pikachu has a different sprite?

Shadow
June 13th, 2004, 01:08 PM
So Pikachu has a different sprite?
Yes since it is one of the original 151 Pokemon.

mknote
June 20th, 2004, 08:11 PM
If you trade Deoxys from LeafGreen to, say, FireRed, would it remain in its LG state? Or would it transform into the FR Deoxys? The same goes for Ru/Sa.

MK

Firemaker
June 23rd, 2004, 03:02 PM
In LG Deoxys is Defense
IN FR Deoxys is in attakc
In R/S Deoxys is normal.

You get Deoxys on island 9

You get to Island 8 by swimmimg there(DUH)

You get the National Dex on Island 1.

mknote
June 23rd, 2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks, but that still didn't answer my question: will Deoxys form change when you trade it to another version?

MK

Shadow
June 23rd, 2004, 05:14 PM
I beleive it changes when you trade it. I don't believe there is any data of FR or LG Deoxys in Ru/Sa so it couldn't stay the same.

nomed666
June 26th, 2004, 08:40 AM
do you really need a ticket to go to the last 2 islands.

Shadow
June 26th, 2004, 11:03 AM
do you really need a ticket to go to the last 2 islands.
Yes, and the tickets can only be recieved from Nintendo Promotions (and Gameshark).

nomed666
June 26th, 2004, 11:30 PM
so can you really trade with computers in the union room?

flamesplom
July 1st, 2004, 08:21 PM
This is Flamesplom's friend, Charmeleon (I can't sign up for some reason). You get Deoxys on the last island in FireRed and LeafGreen. You get to this island with a special ticket like the Eon Ticket. You do not get this ticket through the game. :)

Zangooser
July 4th, 2004, 03:20 PM
This is Flamesplom's friend, Charmeleon (I can't sign up for some reason). You get Deoxys on the last island in FireRed and LeafGreen. You get to this island with a special ticket like the Eon Ticket. You do not get this ticket through the game. :)

Were you paying attention to the other posts..................
You must get it from an event or AR/GShark :P :P :P ...................

Fakey
July 5th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Ok, I'm looking forward to this game, as are most. But I have a question. Will there be only 1 Evee again? And is it possibile to get Umbreon and Espeon? This may be unknown at this time, but if someone does know, will the please tell me.

Frostweaver
July 5th, 2004, 06:27 PM
just send Eevee to the breeding center with a ditto, and voila for unlimited Eevees! (this works on anything that has genders except Latios and Latias). This has always worked back in GSC too

Toothache
July 5th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Well, I know that you can get Umbreon and Espeon at the start of Colosseum. I don't think they're bringing back the internal clock that was part of Gold and Silver, so I doubt they can be made in game, but if the game holds true to the original, you'll still be able to pick one up, and evolve it (and of course, with the Day Care centre probably available, or if not you can always trade to Ruby/Sapphire) you can breed with a Ditto (since Eevee's and their Eeveelutions are always male).

Hope that helps

Fakey
July 5th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Thanks. I could always get an Umbreon or Espeon on Ruby. And my friend has Colleseum. I gompletly forgot about Ditto. Another Question. I heard you can't trade with R/S and Colleseum until you fix some machine. But waht about other versions of Leaf/Fire?

Toothache
July 5th, 2004, 06:44 PM
You need to have completed Colosseum before trading between the game and R/S (by beating Nascour and his previous trainers, and the last one (I call the four trainers before Nascour the Not-So-Elite 4 ;-) ).

Fakey
July 5th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Thanks...but I was asking about a machine or something I heard about in Leaf?Fire that you have to fix before you can trade. I don't have Colleseum, or even a GCN (unfortunatley)

Also, is it possible to get both Ho-oh and Lugia? Or can you only get one?

bloodsnack
July 6th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Someone tell me how to save a game? I have everything in Japanese, and I don't know how to read it? it kept getting me this error no wonder it wouldnt save it. Do I click on the 1st one when it opens a little box with 2 words in it? or do I
click the 1st one first and the 2nd one in the buttom.

Heres what I mean

<< indicates what I chose

はい <<
いいえ

はい <<
いいえ

I click on はい two times, because it appeared two times and it doesnt save it? :sleeping:
someone help me? It kept transfering me to a new game.

Febbie8
July 16th, 2004, 09:11 PM
im confused... i read all the threads... well most of them (long man!) what exactly is a rom? is it a cd thing for fire red/ leaf green? :S ...

Simon
July 16th, 2004, 09:15 PM
It is an illegal copied file of a game. People copy the game data from a game cartridge into their computers then distribute it on the internet. These copies are illegal. The napster of video games you might say.

Febbie8
July 16th, 2004, 09:20 PM
oh... thanks for the info

but theres something i still dont get... how DO you stick a gameshark in a pc????????? :/

BladeForever
July 17th, 2004, 06:09 AM
oh... thanks for the info

but theres something i still dont get... how DO you stick a gameshark in a pc????????? :/

You Cant. ^_^ The VBA you use to play your roms has a built in GameShark/Codebreaker. So you just have to enter codes into the Cheat's List and save.

~Blade~

Febbie8
July 17th, 2004, 11:37 AM
oh... ^^ i see... HUllo? anybody there?? how can i get the trainer card on your sig??????

Master_Zangoose
July 18th, 2004, 10:23 AM
I hope that they do decide to put in the night and day stuff, I liked that. It was a bit annoying at times, but it brought some realism to the game. Anyway. I wonder if when the new gameboy comes out (the one with the two screens) if FR/LG will have a second screen and what it will be? I'm guessing it will show the map of the region your in.

pokey a.k.a espeon
July 18th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Ok I want a Strong healthy maxed out stated Espeon.I want his spec.attck,speed and spec.deffense at least maxed out.I'm going to hatch him from an egg.Ok the question:What personality is best to for me to get so I have more chances to acheive my goal.Don't looked at me as the type who does'nt know how to raise strong pokemon(CUZ I RAISE STRONG Pokemon)

Toothache
July 18th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Ok I want a Strong healthy maxed out stated Espeon.I want his spec.attck,speed and spec.deffense at least maxed out.I'm going to hatch him from an egg.Ok the question:What personality is best to for me to get so I have more chances to acheive my goal.Don't looked at me as the type who does'nt know how to raise strong pokemon(CUZ I RAISE STRONG Pokemon)

Hehe, no-one is saying your Pokemon aren't strong.. chill out.

Anyway, I'd suggest a Timid nature (+ Speed, - Attack). Ignore Speed EV training, and go for Sp Attack and Sp Defence instead. EV training areas for Special Attack and Special Defence are listed in the Strategies forum. Tentacool are a good common source for Sp Defence EV, not sure about Sp Attack EV though. Use 5 Pokemon with Pick Up to load up on Rare Candy (Zigzagoon are easy to catch) to make the EV training easier.

Oh, and you'll have to get a Ditto if you want to breed an Espeon. I got mine from Colosseum, and he's not done me wrong :-)

Firemaker
July 19th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Can you get Missingo in LG/FR?

Shadow
July 19th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Can you get Missingo in LG/FR?
Not like in R/B/Y. You can get the empty data Pokemon that were in Ru/Sa but they don't multiply the sixth item you have or anything like that. They are quite stable and don't cause any damage except that they have no attacks and 1 HP so they will always Stuggle themselves to death.

Sinergy
July 20th, 2004, 03:36 PM
When I was first offereed to go to the island after beating blaine, I declined because I wanted to beat the elite 4 first. Well, I've done that now, and after doing it I collected 60 pokemon, but oak won't give me the national dex. I'm assuming it's because I have to get to island 1 first or beat the elite 4 again. My question is how do I get to Island 1 now since I rejected it the first time? I've looked everywhere and I can't figure it out

Fakey
July 20th, 2004, 08:33 PM
LG/FR will NOT have the internal clock. The daycare will also not be used for breeding. THere is a breeding center on one of the islands. (1 or 2) Serebii.net has a lot of info on the game.

SKainuiG
July 25th, 2004, 11:11 AM
What are the changes in plot between rby and fr/lg besides the addition of the islands?

Daniel
July 25th, 2004, 11:26 AM
When I was first offereed to go to the island after beating blaine, I declined because I wanted to beat the elite 4 first. Well, I've done that now, and after doing it I collected 60 pokemon, but oak won't give me the national dex. I'm assuming it's because I have to get to island 1 first or beat the elite 4 again. My question is how do I get to Island 1 now since I rejected it the first time? I've looked everywhere and I can't figure it out

e
I think you need all the 151 or how many ther is pokemon then you get the NP.

Erick 2
July 26th, 2004, 02:52 PM
i am new to this forum and to the pokecommunity and i am playing the firered patch by jazz and i cant save my game i can only save my game on the computer but that wont work when i reach the elite four and beat them can ne1 plzzz help :fr:

Erick 2
July 26th, 2004, 03:08 PM
i wanted 2 know if ne1 could tell me how 2 save the game im playn the latest patch by jazz 4 firered n i cant save the game normaly i can just save on my computer e-mail me or post ur reply asap thankx 4 ur help :chu:

GymLeaderLance99
July 26th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Erick, don't double-post.
If you decline Bill's trip to the islands at first and you want to go to the islands, go to the Cinnabar Pokemon Center. You'll see Bill, and when you accept his offer, he'll take you to Island 1. Hope that helped!

Chairman Kaga
August 2nd, 2004, 04:11 PM
I feel weird for posting in the gameboy forums for some reason o_O

Err...does anyone know what pokemon are available in Fire Red that aren't in Leaf Green and vice versa? Thanks for your help o_o;;

Tesla7zap
August 10th, 2004, 07:47 PM
When I save the game and then restart the game i have to start all over again... Why..?

EDIT: I found out a way...!

gilbertman
August 13th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Im pretty new to pokemon, i started playing with Ruby and Saphire, but just to clear something up, can ditto breed with any male pokemon like a bayleef and its egg contain a Chikorita?

Thanks in advanced for clearing that up

Shadow
August 13th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Im pretty new to pokemon, i started playing with Ruby and Saphire, but just to clear something up, can ditto breed with any male pokemon like a bayleef and its egg contain a Chikorita?

Thanks in advanced for clearing that up
Why did you ask that here and start a new thread on it? That was unneccesary.

Yes Ditto can breed with any Pokemon that can and the result will be the non-Ditto Pokemon.

Err...does anyone know what pokemon are available in Fire Red that aren't in Leaf Green and vice versa? Thanks for your help o_o;;
Check on Serebii.net

Shion
August 14th, 2004, 04:35 AM
Can you use the Wireless Adapter with Ruby and Sapphire?

If so, will it work just as if you are using a link cable?

Shadow
August 14th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Can you use the Wireless Adapter with Ruby and Sapphire?

If so, will it work just as if you are using a link cable?
From what I've heard it works just like a link cable so it may. I haven't really researched it that much, so I don't know for sure.

Serebii
August 14th, 2004, 08:53 AM
No you cannot use the Wireless Adaptors on RS

It will only work with games designed for it...to trade from FRLG to RS you need a standard Link Cable

Dookz
August 15th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Do you have to be near the person to be able to battle with them using the wireless adapter that comes with FireRed and LeafGreen? OR can you battle without distance limits, similar to the Internet?

Neko Keeshi
August 15th, 2004, 06:43 PM
There is a limit :) You have to beable to see the person I think. I honestly dont remember the # though

Toothache
August 15th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Here's this month's copy of Nintendo Official Magazine UK to clear things up:

The wireless adaptor brings the GBA into the 21st century, where nothing has cables any more. It works a bit like a Wavebird and uses an RF frequency rather than infrared. It contains a chip made by mobile phone makers Motorola and it works 'officially' over a distance of 3 m. But in your best interests the NOM team carried out a scientific investigation to discover it's limits. The 'official' 3m was blown out the water and we managed a whopping 50 m! This figure will be hampered if there are any obstructions in your way, like a wall or a yak. But when you do reach the limits of the adapter's capability, a warning icon appears in the top-right of the screen. Best of all the wireless adaptor will be bundled free with copies of FireRed and LeafGreen - so let the battles commence.

GJ200
August 16th, 2004, 01:07 AM
hov du i get to island 4 i have taken elite 4 and talk to the man at the computer.
but the rokets wont fight. help me

Shadow
August 16th, 2004, 01:30 AM
hov du i get to island 4 i have taken elite 4 and talk to the man at the computer.
but the rokets wont fight. help me
You need to get the National Dex by catching 60 or more Pokemon.

erwink
August 18th, 2004, 01:45 PM
LanceLite can u give me sum codebreakers codes for Pokemon LeafGreen

salamenceruler04
August 26th, 2004, 12:43 PM
What will be the difference between fire red and leaf green...if any wat are they?

August 26th, 2004, 04:15 PM
can you trade a pokemon from ruby/sapphire

Mr Cat Dog
August 27th, 2004, 12:40 AM
The only real difference is the Pokemon you can encounter and capture. Like all the previous games - there are some Pokemon that are in one version and some that are on another. Oh... that and the menu screen when you turn on the game. :D

Yes - once you have gotten the Ruby and Sapphire plates which you get sometime after you defeat the Elite Four on the Sevii Islands. I can't remember which ones. You can then trade via the massive machine on Knot Island (Island 1).

salamenceruler04
August 27th, 2004, 03:20 PM
What are the sevii islands?

Latios Master
August 27th, 2004, 03:26 PM
salamenceruler04: Those are the islands that are unlocked when you beat the Elite 4.

salamenceruler04
August 27th, 2004, 03:31 PM
What is special about them? Do have the legindaires that can only be cought after the elites?

Shadow
August 27th, 2004, 03:57 PM
What is special about them? Do have the legindaires that can only be cought after the elites?
Moltres is on one now (you can get to that one before Elite Four), Johto (Gold/Silver) Pokemon are there, and with E-Reader cards, you can catch Lugia, Ho-Oh, and Deoxys there.

salamenceruler04
August 27th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Do you have to have E-reader cards to catch them?

Trainer Ben
August 27th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Are you still able to catch Mewtwo? I pretty sure, but I wanted to ask someone first, just in case you have to use an E-reader. Plus, are the fossils still in the game?

Shadow
August 27th, 2004, 07:50 PM
You need E-Reader cards to get to the islands for Lugia/Ho-Oh and Deoxys. You don't need them for anything else (except Transformation Cave which is not known for certain).

Mewtwo is still in (you need 60 Pokemon caught and beat Elite Four to get National Dex to enter Unknwon Dungeon though). No E-Card required.

The fossils are the same as R/B/Y, except they are reborn at level 5 instead of 30.

Hiroshi Sotomura
August 28th, 2004, 03:08 AM
"Card-E", Shadow, "Card-E". XD

Anyway, you can use Ruby/Sapphire Battle Cards in this game, to allow the old lady in the house of Route 7 to move the boxes and let you go battle trainers you scan. You can also change the trainers in the trainer tower.

Pichu
August 29th, 2004, 06:10 PM
My bro said that Pokemon Green has all the pokemon and no exception (okay maybe Mew...) Is it the same for LeafGreen...?
If FireRed is Red
Well LeafGreen must be Green...

salamenceruler04
August 29th, 2004, 06:55 PM
I dont understand wat you mean...do u mean that you can catch all the pokemon in the entire pokedex on leaf green?..if thats wat ur askin ...i almost postive it like every other game...a few of the pokemon can only be cought on the other game....

AdamHays
August 29th, 2004, 06:55 PM
no you cant get all the pokemon the only way is using cheats and we all know how much people hate to do that :laugh:

salamenceruler04
August 30th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Are the gym leaders going to be the same at the ones in red/blue/yellow...and wat about your rival? Who will that be?

Shadow
August 30th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Are the gym leaders going to be the same at the ones in red/blue/yellow...and wat about your rival? Who will that be?
Yes, they are the same. This is a R/B/Y remake. The only differences are movesets which had to change to accomadate the new level up moves for Pokemon and the different TMs. And the rival is the same as well.

Tesla7zap
August 31st, 2004, 01:56 AM
sry if this has been asked but can u catch mew and celebi (preferably jirachi without getting him from the stupid pokemon channel game) in fr / lg?

Shadow
August 31st, 2004, 02:03 AM
sry if this has been asked but can u catch mew and celebi (preferably jirachi without getting him from the stupid pokemon channel game) in fr / lg?
Nope

runeknightx
August 31st, 2004, 12:32 PM
o hope this hasnt been asked before (im to lazy to read the all the posts :P) but wut are the odds in getting a shiny starter

=_domo0510_=
August 31st, 2004, 12:36 PM
How do i get past the guards??? Like you said the drinks dont work anymore :shocked:

Toothache
August 31st, 2004, 12:37 PM
The same odds of getting a shiny anything - roughly around 1 in 8000.

=_domo0510_=
August 31st, 2004, 12:37 PM
Can somebody tell me how to do signatures?

runeknightx
August 31st, 2004, 12:51 PM
aww thats hard o well im still gonna try getting a shiny charmander and wuts better male or female

salamenceruler04
August 31st, 2004, 01:03 PM
You get a signature by going to your user cp..gonig to "edit signature" and click on the little link that says intert image( i thinks its a lil sun and moon..r sumin like that) and insert the link(URL) to your picture.......if im not mistaken this is in the FAQ (tell me if im wrong plz)

Frostweaver
August 31st, 2004, 01:12 PM
Regarding the signature, it probably is...

As for charmander being female or male, it's best to be female, but then again, it really doesn't matter since Ditto's back.

runeknightx
August 31st, 2004, 01:28 PM
anothe question can u use Action Replay V.3 on vba? and how?

salamenceruler04
August 31st, 2004, 04:29 PM
I kinna forgot exactly wat ditto does..can someone refresh my memory?

Frostweaver
August 31st, 2004, 04:39 PM
Err... I don't know the cheat code thing. I'll have to ask the others to see if they know x_x; sorry

As for Ditto, you can breed any Pokemon with Ditto as long as they have an egg group (note: legendaries have "no egg group." Some no genders like Metagross has an "no egg" egg group, which is still an egg group.), and the baby will be whatever the non-Ditto parent Pokemon is. It's a neat way to breed duplicates and trading "rare starters" or whatever to little kids to rip them off XD

salamenceruler04
August 31st, 2004, 05:11 PM
So...say you start of with charmander..and u catch a ditto and breed them..u can have two charmanders?...and same goes for any other pokemon?

Frostweaver
August 31st, 2004, 05:15 PM
Ditto breeding with _________ = a baby of ___________

(as long as __________ has an egg group).

Yes. That's been done since GSC for a very long time now.

=_domo0510_=
September 1st, 2004, 04:41 AM
Cheers slamancer... im new here so jus learin what to do :)

Jerome
September 3rd, 2004, 08:58 PM
how do you get togepi.. when I go to Island 5 to see the guy I dont get the egg he just says something like "I see.. hmm"

Toothache
September 4th, 2004, 03:30 AM
You can get a Togetic from Pokemon Colosseum (the very last snaggable Pokemon, in fact). Breed one to get a Togepi

Cyclops5000
September 4th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Can you catch ho-oh and lugia on this game? Please say yes!! :)

Simon
September 4th, 2004, 06:11 AM
Yes...

You can catch both in Navel Rock. Both are at level 70.

salamenceruler04
September 4th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Can you use the Union Room to battle with the game ruby/sapphire? are is it only for f/r and l/g?

Mr Cat Dog
September 4th, 2004, 11:54 AM
I would assume you could battle, since they are compatible with each other. It would make sense, since there's nothing really stopping them from not working is there? :/

"A Vote for Justice is a Vote for MCD"

Toothache
September 4th, 2004, 11:54 AM
No you can't, since Ruby/Sapphire isn't compatible with the Wireless Communicators.

Tesla7zap
September 4th, 2004, 01:57 PM
but FR/LG should be compatible with the link cable? However, there is some moves I think only exists in FR/LG, the three new elemental attacks, one water, fire and grass. i think they have 5 pp each and your starting pokemon will learn it from a guy depending who you choose, ie charmander will learn the fire attack. but maybe these attacks are already programemd into r/s. I have not gotten so far in FR/LG so i do not know so much.

Shadow
September 4th, 2004, 02:31 PM
but FR/LG should be compatible with the link cable? However, there is some moves I think only exists in FR/LG, the three new elemental attacks, one water, fire and grass. i think they have 5 pp each and your starting pokemon will learn it from a guy depending who you choose, ie charmander will learn the fire attack. but maybe these attacks are already programemd into r/s. I have not gotten so far in FR/LG so i do not know so much.
1) There is four; water (Hydrocannon), fire (Blast Burn), grass (Frenzy Plant), and electric (Volt Tackle).
2) They were programmed in Ru/Sa but unobtainable (excluding cheating/hacking) just like Kinesis in R/B (obtained in Yellow though).
3) Volt Tackle is still unobtainable...
4) Blastburn, Hydrocannon, and Frenzy Plant are just like Hyper Beam, but they are elemental, Volt Tacle is like Double Edge.

Tesla7zap
September 4th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Volt tackle is still unobtainable? if it is, why did they put it in the games if it's unobtainable?

And since you can trade between FR/LG you should be able to battle between them

EDIT: WOW, I got the 700th post on the R/S simple question thread and the 100th post on this thread. and soon i reach my 100th post....im teh best :D

Shadow
September 4th, 2004, 04:43 PM
They put it in there for possibility of Nintendo promotions or future games. Volt Tackle is one of the things supporting the idea of a remade Yellow (which is unlikely). Volt Tackle will most likely be available in Emerald, another future game, or through some promotional event.

salamenceruler04
September 4th, 2004, 04:45 PM
How do you get an eon ticket? are e-reader...are what ever kind of card u need to visit the transformation cave.....

(if this was answered in the FAQ i could not find it because i looked)

Shadow
September 4th, 2004, 05:17 PM
You can get to Transformation/Altering Cave after getting the National Dex (by beating Elite Four and catching 60 or more Pokemon) and talking to the guy in the Pokemon Center on One Island. The Eon ticket is for Ru/Sa to get Lati@s. All E-Reader functions were removed from the English FR/LG.

Frostweaver
September 4th, 2004, 05:19 PM
We won't know how the Altering Cave is going to work for the english version yet. The japanese one relies on E-card scanning. So until the day the game comes out in English and when the hackers get into action, we won't know how to change the wild Pokemon within the Altering Cave.

Absolute Zero
September 6th, 2004, 01:55 PM
I was wondering about how the Mystic and Aurora tickets will work in LG/FR...I was reading on another site that they would be obtainable by doing the Mystery Event at a Nintendo Event..Well being that I live where there is rarely a Nintendo Event, will we be able to use a GameShark to get the tickets? I remember trying to use GameShark to get the Eon Ticket in R/S, and while it did put the Eon Ticket in my bag, it didn't recognize that it was there..Someone told me this had to do with not using the E-Reader to get the ticket legit..Well since they took the E-Reader out of LG/FR, will it be more likely for a GameSharked ticket to work?

Frostweaver
September 6th, 2004, 02:42 PM
well...

a) Nintendo will definitely have its own way to give us the tickets, E-card or not

b) I'm pretty sure that 90% of us live in somewhere that's 100 miles away from Nintendo promotions (well maybe not 100 miles... how about 90 miles?)

3) Gameshark and any other cheating device can do anything, including tickets. As long as the game can do it, cheats can do it.

The only questions I got in my mind is how they're going to handle Altering Cave in English, as we don't have E-Cards to change the Pokemon there... but that we won't know the answer to until it comes out.

runeknightx
September 7th, 2004, 12:39 PM
can u still catch chansey in the entrance area in the safari zone?

rayquaza guy
September 7th, 2004, 12:40 PM
[COLOR=Orange]does aone no how to get loads of rare cadies. IF UDO. tell me. please

rayquaza guy
September 7th, 2004, 12:41 PM
does aone no how to get loads of rare cadies. IF UDO. tell me. please

runeknightx
September 7th, 2004, 12:43 PM
the only way i no right now is using cheats cuz im pretty sure the duplicatin glitch doesnt work now

doomsday_shadow
September 8th, 2004, 05:15 AM
rayquaza_guy, dont double post. Im not sure if this was answered in this thread, but will FR and LG be able to trade/ fight with GSC?

Absolute Zero
September 8th, 2004, 05:41 AM
rayquaza_guy, dont double post. Im not sure if this was answered in this thread, but will FR and LG be able to trade/ fight with GSC?

Nope..Just like Ruby and Sapphire, FR/LG can't battle or trade with G/S/C at all.

Shadow
September 8th, 2004, 12:45 PM
can u still catch chansey in the entrance area in the safari zone?
No, the northern area only I believe.

And FR/LG cannot trade with GSC as the programming is completely different.

NoMeRcY623
September 8th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Alright Shadow told me to post here... How do i get the codes for the run into any pokemon to work? and the Instant Teleport... Please msg me on msn @ [email protected].. No emails

salamenceruler04
September 8th, 2004, 05:07 PM
I think that is supose to to be in Codes and Cheating devices..if im wrong please correct me

doomsday_shadow
September 9th, 2004, 05:15 AM
I think so, salamenceruler04. Aniway, that means that we can only get Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile by Colosseum? Another question: is larvitar in FR/LG?

Abusoru
September 9th, 2004, 06:26 AM
OK I got FR and LG. I started with LG and wanted to pick Squirtle.

1. Is there a way to tell what gender the Pokemon is before you actually pick it?

2. Can you get a female starter, Squirtle in this case? I tried for almost an hour to get a female but didn't get one. I saved right there and kept resetting but kept getting a male.

3. Keeping in mind I just started the game (and I never have played the original R/B) where do I find Eevee? And is there more than one to catch?

Toothache
September 9th, 2004, 06:55 AM
I'll sort these questions

1. No, you have to pick your starter before you find out the gender

2. All 3 starters have 1/8 chance of being female.

3. Eevee can be found in Celadon City, in the Game Freak's tower. (Also has 1/8 chance of being female). You are given just one.

Bear in mind that later on you can always breed with Ditto to get more of any non-legendary or non-baby Pokemon.

Abusoru
September 9th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Thanks Toothache.

When you breed with Ditto, do you use a male or female to breed with Ditto?

Toothache
September 9th, 2004, 07:20 AM
It doesn't matter, Ditto can breed with males or females. That's why they are so useful. Check the Breeders Corner (I just added an FAQs section to the Beginners Breeding Guide)

Abusoru
September 9th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Thanks again.

Ok I'm back with another question. In the US, when you pre-ordered FR or LG you got a mini guide to the game free. It says in the guide, (not quoting here, don't have it with me) that your starter pokemon might/could learn a special move if the friendship gets to a certain level.

Does anyone know what move it is that the starters learn?

Tesla7zap
September 9th, 2004, 08:54 AM
how do i get to articuno on seafoam islands? the tides are too strong....

edit: nevermind

Toothache
September 9th, 2004, 09:23 AM
The 'special move' for the three starters isn't gained by friendship, but with a Move Tutor. There is a Move Tutor that can teach your starter an elemental move that works like Hyper Beam - attacks first round, then you recharge the second round. You can only get this move when your Pokemon fully evolves however.

Blastoise - Hydro Cannon
Charizard - Blast Burn
Venusaur - Frenzy Plant

Tesla7zap
September 10th, 2004, 04:01 AM
How do I get to the Deoxys islands and does something special happen when I get all the unowns?

Toothache
September 10th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Without cheating, no-one knows how you get to Deoxys yet. As for the Unowns, nothing special happens when you get all 28, apart from the satisfaction of getting all varieties

Tesla7zap
September 10th, 2004, 04:10 AM
bleh.... then i have nothing left to do on pokemon fire red but collecting pokemon..... i dont want to do that on the comp.... that sucks...

Hiroshi Sotomura
September 10th, 2004, 04:26 AM
Larvitar can be caught in Cloisonne Valley (Sevault Canyon) and Valley Entrance (Canyon Entrance).

Neko Keeshi
September 10th, 2004, 08:36 AM
I have a question... Are the pokemon spawns the same in the two new games like the old games?

Like I can I get nidorans in the area infront of the Viridian forest, and a rare chance to get a pikachu in the forest itself?

Toothache
September 10th, 2004, 08:39 AM
With a few minor changes, most of the Pokemon are in the same areas that they were in the R/B series of games.

Neko Keeshi
September 10th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Ah! Okay! Thanks alot Toothache suga!(little joke there :P )

Is it me, or do some of the rarer pokemon don't spawn as much( ie even more rare ) Like I have YET to see a wild Nidoran in the wild in the area I said above and I'v been playing for 2 days. And it took me like 2 hours to even get a mankey(find one)... am I a crazy or something?

Shadow
September 10th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Ah! Okay! Thanks alot Toothache suga!(little joke there :P )

Is it me, or do some of the rarer pokemon don't spawn as much( ie even more rare ) Like I have YET to see a wild Nidoran in the wild in the area I said above and I'v been playing for 2 days. And it took me like 2 hours to even get a mankey(find one)... am I a crazy or something?
Nope they changed Nidoran. Only appears on Route 3 (in front of Mt. Moon) and the Safari Zone. And the one not common in your version is extremely rare (Female is more common in Leaf, Male in Red)

salamenceruler04
September 10th, 2004, 01:05 PM
I caught a mankey my second try....it didnt take me long at all...for a pikachu either...i already saw like 5 n ive only played like 30 min

Abusoru
September 11th, 2004, 06:33 AM
I noticed that when you give a Pokemon a potion, for example, that some of the Pokemon's picture gets bigger some stay the same size. My starter Pokemon's picture gets so big it almost fills the whole screen. Does anyone know why it does this?

janus5656
September 11th, 2004, 06:41 AM
IT skips it some times if the press something or maybe it is to do with how much they need them or IVs EVs Stats

ps does anyone know any way to like use a wirelessadapter on a vba thanks

Neko Keeshi
September 11th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Does anyone have or know where a list of all the items that can be got by using Mystery Gift? And Can I mystry gift with Ru/Sa?

Kairi
September 11th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Okay, simple question…did they reveal/remove the hidden items of yore? The ones my friend and I took great pride in knowing all of their exact locations from the constant playing of the game?

Frostweaver
September 11th, 2004, 01:04 PM
um Kairi want to define "yore?" ._.;

They so force you to catch tons of Pokemon... hateful hateful hateful. But ha! I don't need that evil Flash HM to get through rock tunnel! Though I probably missed tons of items wandering in the dark... >>;

mewtwo87
September 11th, 2004, 03:28 PM
How often do berries grow back? How long does it take?

usami
September 11th, 2004, 07:59 PM
IT skips it some times if the press something or maybe it is to do with how much they need them or IVs EVs Stats

ps does anyone know any way to like use a wirelessadapter on a vba thanks
You can't use the wireless adapter on the VBA it is impossible.

Neko Keeshi
September 11th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Does anyone have or know where a list of all the items that can be got by using Mystery Gift? And Can I mystry gift with Ru/Sa?

Anyone know?

salamenceruler04
September 12th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Does any one know what level you get Lapras in Silph Co?

Desaparecidos
September 12th, 2004, 09:43 AM
i'm not sure if this was already asked, but does anyone know the distance of the wireless service? i heard it was only thirty-three feet. =/ noone around me plays, and it would be awesome if the service could reach past my street.

salamenceruler04
September 12th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Its in the thread "union room"....

HellishHades
September 12th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Okay, simple questiondid they reveal/remove the hidden items of yore? The ones my friend and I took great pride in knowing all of their exact locations from the constant playing of the game?

Yes, the hidden items, such as the Rare Candy in the enclosed garden in Cerulean, are still there in the same spots. The only exception I have found so far is the Potion on the tree in Veridian. It's now beside the tree and visible.

runeknightx
September 12th, 2004, 11:39 AM
how can a pokemon gain happiness pts?
also how come i cant get into the elite 4 again and how come i cant enter the unknown dungeon?

salamenceruler04
September 12th, 2004, 11:49 AM
how can a pokemon gain happiness pts?
also how come i cant get into the elite 4 again and how come i cant enter the unknown dungeon?

i think you have to give the pokemon a certain type ofpokeblock to get happiness points....you get into the elite four in the first town you went to...the place were u get mankey....(i cant remimber the town) and you cant go to the unknown dungeon until after you beat the elites

Simon
September 12th, 2004, 11:50 AM
1. Be nice to it. Give it items. Don't let it faint.
2. You can't battle Elite Four again until you help them on the Sevii Islands.
3. No idea...

salamenceruler04
September 12th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Were can I get an exp. share in fire red?

Mr Cat Dog
September 12th, 2004, 11:55 AM
You can't enter the Unknown Dungeon until you have 60 Pokemon recorded in your PokeDex, and received the National Dex as well. it's only then that you'll be able to go into the Unknown Dungeon and capture Mewtwo... muahahahaha... cough o.o

salamenceruler04
September 12th, 2004, 02:32 PM
In wat point in the game do you go to the first island?

Toothache
September 12th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Just after beating Blaine on Cinnibar Island. You meet up with Bill and he gives you the option to go to Island One after the gym.

salamenceruler04
September 12th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Is that the eight gym? If not wat number?

Kenta-kun
September 12th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Where do you get Strength, Waterfall, and Rock Smash?

And why do all the Pokmon in the Safari Zone seem 10x harder to catch than in previous versions?

Also, is Island 9 (Deoxy's Island) accessable only through e-cards?

salamenceruler04
September 12th, 2004, 02:59 PM
You get strength in Fushia City..the place with the safari zone....cant help with the rest sorry

Toothache
September 12th, 2004, 03:01 PM
The Safari Zone was a nightmare in RBY (I could hardly catch anything, I was lucky to get a Tauros, never mind something like a Chansey!)

And Blaine's Gym is number 7.

Frostweaver
September 12th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Regarding Deoxys, it's either through E-cards (japanese), or Nintendo promotion to get the ticket (english).

salamenceruler04
September 12th, 2004, 03:11 PM
I thought you could get them at one of the islands by pushing a triangluar stone around until it turned red then it turns into the deoxys...are do you need the ticket to get to the island itself?

Frostweaver
September 12th, 2004, 03:13 PM
I thought you could get them at one of the islands by pushing a triangluar stone around until it turned red then it turns into the deoxys...are do you need the ticket to get to the island itself?
yes you need a ticket to get to the islands...

*sees so many other unanswered questions yet don't know them himself because he hasn't even got 5 badges and more than 10 Pokemon yet*

Simon
September 12th, 2004, 03:24 PM
1. You get Strength from the Warden after you give him his Gold Tooth (EWWW...) which you find in the Safari Zone. His house is to the right of the Pokemon Center in Fuschia, but I'm not sure since I'm only in Cerulean.

2. You get Waterfall in the Ice Cave which is on Four Island/Floe Island.

3. I think you get Rock Smash from the father of the girl you save on One Island/Knot Island.

4. Why the Safari Zone Pokemon is so hard to catch? I'm jsut going to assume you're unlucky since I'm not there yet.

Frostweaver
September 12th, 2004, 03:46 PM
4. Why the Safari Zone Pokemon is so hard to catch? I'm jsut going to assume you're unlucky since I'm not there yet.
It's because you can no longer use your Ubar Pokemon in there so you're pathetically weak, and darn Chanseys run the first sight they see you.

Simon
September 12th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Since when could you even take Pokemon into the SZ? And why do you want a Chansey!?! You hate them and their evolution!!! XD

And I am not a lazy bum...I'm just lazy.

Frostweaver
September 12th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Because the other guy mentioned Chansey so I just used Chansey, plus it's a rarity in there. And I failed in the RS Safari Zone terribly so probably I will here too =/ I'll most likely just grab surf and strength, and then leave. The only thing I wanted inside is Slowpoke, but why don't I just get it elsewhere...

salamenceruler04
September 12th, 2004, 04:07 PM
It's because you can no longer use your Ubar Pokemon in there so you're pathetically weak, and darn Chanseys run the first sight they see you.

Why does it matter wat pokemon you bring into the SZ?

Frostweaver
September 12th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Why does it matter wat pokemon you bring into the SZ?
It's the fact that I *cannot* bring any Pokemon into the SZ that mattered =/ I'm useless without my Pokemon in a Pokemon game, and no place ever got into the technical numbers on how much bait to throw and how much rock to throw and etc in order to catch a Pokemon... that kind of stuff.

Neko Keeshi
September 12th, 2004, 05:44 PM

Anyone know?

Frostweaver
September 12th, 2004, 05:52 PM
I don't think anyone knows... at Gamefaq no one even attempted it yet. SPP is the closest with... 4 items o.o; the 2 tickets (which require the promotions anyway), changing wild Pokemon in Altering Cave and you can use mystery gift to further your passwords to make new trainers appear in a house on the 7th Island.

Nothing else is known so far I believe...

Absolute Zero
September 12th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Can someone tell me where I can find the Dragon Scale? I've been looking around on GameFaqs and couldn't find any guides that said where it is. Thanks.

AdamHays
September 12th, 2004, 06:31 PM
whats the distance for the wireless adaptor?sorry if double post.

Absolute Zero
September 12th, 2004, 06:32 PM
whats the distance for the wireless adaptor?sorry if double post.

Like 10 ft for the strongest signal..I've tested it, and it does go further..But 10 ft is probably the best.

batman124617
September 12th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Do I need to keep restarting the game in front of Reyley on Route 2 to get a female Mr. Mime? Does it matter if I give her a male abra?

Absolute Zero
September 12th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Do I need to keep restarting the game in front of Reyley on Route 2 to get a female Mr. Mime? Does it matter if I give her a male abra?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what gender your abra is..And yes, just keep restarting..It's a 1 in 8 chance of getting it to be female I believe..Or maybe Mr. Mime is different than the others, in which case, I don't know lol

Abusoru
September 13th, 2004, 04:22 AM
I noticed that when you give a Pokemon a potion, for example, that some of the Pokemon's pictures gets bigger and some stay the same size. My starter Pokemon's picture gets so big it almost fills the whole screen. Does anyone know why it does this? Thanks.
This hasn't been answered yet. Anyone know?

Bagon
September 13th, 2004, 04:47 AM
Do Pokemon have certain areas in the safari zone? For example can I catch a chansey in any area, or do I have to be in a certain area?

Mr Cat Dog
September 13th, 2004, 09:23 AM
1) Well, it's just a feature of the game. It's not something to get worried about really.

2) Yes... I believe it does, as obviously the water Pokemon stay in the water. Although I'm not certain... and probably wrong knowing my track record XD

Toothache
September 13th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Right, I have a question on breeding (wow, people come to me for this kinda stuff):

If a male Pokemon learns a move from the FR/LG Move Tutors, and they breed with a female Pokemon which would learn the move from the same FR/LG Move Tutor move, will the baby that comes out of the egg learn that move? This works with all TMs, so I'd like to know if the Move Tutor moves work the same way (since you only get to learn a move once from them)

salamenceruler04
September 13th, 2004, 12:34 PM
In you own opinion do you think that I should let my dragonair evolve? He has a really good ability.(shed skin)...and dragonite does not have that ability..is there something really good about dragonite that i dont know?..the only thing i can think of is fly..n my charizard takes care of that....so should i let him evolve?

Computerman45
September 13th, 2004, 01:55 PM
In you own opinion do you think that I should let my dragonair evolve? He has a really good ability.(shed skin)...and dragonite does not have that ability..is there something really good about dragonite that i dont know?..the only thing i can think of is fly..n my charizard takes care of that....so should i let him evolve?Hmm, well that one is really up to you. The special ability Dragonite has is Inner Focus. This will keep it from flinching. A few moves it can learn that the others can't are: Wing Attack (55), Earthquake (TM), Brick Break (TM), Sandstorm (TM), Rock Tomb (TM), Aerial Ace (TM), Steel Wing (TM), Cut (HM), Fly (HM), Strength (HM), Rock Smash (HM), and Dive (HM). To tell the truth it all depends on what you want. Dragonite is a strong pokemon... its attack is very high.

shark3019875
September 13th, 2004, 01:56 PM
ui think you should because one you will somplelet some of your pokedex and drgonair is good ib fights because you can teach him flamtohwer or fire blast or the new one and the lighting and isec stuff and he is super power and hyper beam is alwasy good
why don't you just get another dragonair.

shark3019875
September 13th, 2004, 01:58 PM
sry abput spelling reason because of aim i think you can make it out

Toothache
September 13th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Yeah, the spelling is bad but can be worked out, however, no double posting please, thanks.

aqonix
September 13th, 2004, 04:26 PM
I not sure if this goes here but...
Where do u get Metal Coat, and Sun Stone in FireRed.
I want to evolve my Gloom and Scyther. :D

ryan
September 13th, 2004, 04:39 PM
i don't think you can (the metal coat and sun stone), but i was wondering... am i nuts or did lance used to have a charizard? maybe that was gold version i'm thinking about... who knows.

aqonix
September 13th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Really I hope u can :( if not how? threw other thing then the game

Shadow
September 13th, 2004, 05:44 PM
I believe you can win them in the Trainer Tower on Seven Island. Not completely sure though. The only evolution item I needed recently was the Up-Grade for my Porygon.

Absolute Zero
September 13th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Metal Coat: Near the Memorial Rock on Island Four
Sun Stone: It is obtainable, I picked it up somewhere, I just can't remember where

aqonix
September 13th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Can u get to the island they are on with-out cheats?
also thank u for the info, even if u don't know where the sun stone is. :)

Simon
September 13th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Yes. You can get to every island except Navel Rock (Island 8) and Birth Island (Island 9) without cheats. The first 3 islands will be opened up once you get your 7th badge on Cinnabar Island. Then next 4 will be opened once you defeat rhe E4. The last 2 you need 2 different tickets which haven't been released yet.

salamenceruler04
September 13th, 2004, 07:10 PM
I've been trying to catch syther for the past 2 hours...ive seen about 5 of them but i can't catch them..any tips on how to catch one?

AdamHays
September 13th, 2004, 07:19 PM
just keep throwing pokeballs at them.

salamenceruler04
September 13th, 2004, 07:25 PM
they flee after i throw the first ball

usami
September 13th, 2004, 08:16 PM
they flee after i throw the first ball Then just keep trying theres no way to make them not flee unless you give them bait but then they'll be harder to catch., and AdamHays your sig image is way to big.

Kenta-kun
September 14th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Is it just me, or are the Legendary Birds harder to catch? I've had both Articuno AND Moltres Asleep with one HP, yet they refuse to stay inside my Ultra Balls (I used 90 on Moltres, and it wasn't caught). I've only managed to get Zapdos thus far, and I could really use Articuno for the Elite Four. Any tips?

Valmordian
September 14th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Just wondering where I could get one of those cool Trainer Cards I see so many of you have.

VanirElf
September 14th, 2004, 06:36 AM
be persistant very very persistant

that happened to me with moltres
I took it down to 1 hp and then I paralyzed it and it took me about
70 ultra balls to capture it that was annoying 'cuz I had to do it 3 times
to get a proper nature.

I still havent' trained it

Articuno was easier to catupre I just put it in the red and then paralyzed it
too

I think maybe the best condition is sleep
I put my zapdos to sleep when it was about half way and it only took
about 5 ultra balls to capture it.

so if u have something that can put them to sleep try that.
and don't train them agains the elite four 'til after you EV train them
they're good pokemon, you don't wanna ruin them...

as for the elite for a good team of 6 lv. 50's should do fine
I recommend maybe this team

here's the types I recommend for dealign with each individual elite 4

Lorelie

Raichu

you'll need a fast lelectric type
at lv. 50 raichu is faster than all her pokemon just don't use a
thunder dancer raichu as it'll power up her pokemon's surf attack

Bruno

Slowbro

that's probably the best in dealing with bruno as all his pokemon
are rock/ground or fighting types.
just make you take several recovery items with you.

Agetha

Persian

persian is probably the best pokemon to deal with Agetha
it's immune to her pokemon's strogest attacks
and by lv.50 it should know faint attack, i'm not sure but I think
persian can also use shadow ball so if u have the money buy one at
the celadon game corner

Lance

a high level grass type to deal with the 3 dragons
and a high level electric to deal with gyarados and aerodactyl
the grass type should know both Leech seed and hypnosis/sleep powder
his dragons are really volnerable to sleep , plus they tend to use
Hyper beam a lot so u don't wanna waste your time healing all the time
so best to make them take naps
good candidates are Venusaur, Exeggutor

as for Gary...
well that depends on what you started with

I used ninetails to deal with his fire and grass types
Raichu for the water and flying types
he's not so hard just before you take on the elite make sure your
whole team is at leas lv.50 then u won't have such a hard time with
Gary...good luck

Kenta-kun
September 14th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Thanks a lot! But is EV training really that good? I've never really understood it...

cranium
September 14th, 2004, 06:46 AM
ok my question:

do you get to pick 1 of 3 starters (bulbasaur etc)
then get to pick another 1 of the other 3 on a new island (chikorita etc)

--------------------------------------------------

and i also heard that depending on what starter you use then that is what rare doig you will see, if this is true what are the combinations please?

bulbasaur =
charmander =
squirtle =

thanks.

VanirElf
September 14th, 2004, 06:57 AM
EV training is really really that good
it'll make your pokemon a lot stronger if you do it properly.

now EV training
ok think of it as giving specific stats more experience.
ok here's the stats
HP
ATK
DEF
Sp.ATK
Sp.DEF
SPD
now each of these stats can have a maximum of 255 stat points or EV's
added to it. ok...
but the thing is every pokemon can ONLY have 510 stat points or EV's
added to it total
meaning you can' ever max out all of any one pokemon's stats.
personally I think it's kind of lame.

here's some good pokemon to train against
for special attack EV's fight lots of
Gastly/Haunter do it in the pokemon tower in lavander town.

Gastly provides 1 point
Haunter provides 2 points

for normal attack EV fight lots of

Bellsprout = 1 point
Weepinbell = 2 points

there's guides on gamefaqs that tells you what type of EV or Stat points
each pokemon gives and how many each gives.
some give mixed points meaning they give points to more than 1 stat
for example Seviper gives 1 point to attack and special attack

the best guide I found to what pokemon gives what EV's is at
serebii.net theirs has pictures and it's all organized by what type
of EV's u wanna earn.
it's in the game mechanics section
find where it says ev's they explain how they work too
and then there's little links that u can click and they have the pokemon
sorted out by what type of ev's they give

no, you don't get any of the other starters
if you want chikorita/cyndaquil/totodile you have to get them from
colusseum (spell check)

if you want the ruby sapphire starters then you have to trade with
someone who has ruby or sapphire

Toothache
September 14th, 2004, 07:09 AM
No, you don't get another starter, but you do get the chance to get a legendary dog.

Bulbasaur = Entei
Squirtle = Raikou
Charmander = Suicune

cranium
September 14th, 2004, 07:14 AM
then how do you get the other 3 starters from gold/silver/crystal?

Toothache
September 14th, 2004, 07:15 AM
From Pokemon Colosseum. It's the only source for them

Bagon
September 14th, 2004, 07:41 AM
I not sure if this goes here but...
Where do u get Metal Coat, and Sun Stone in FireRed.
I want to evolve my Gloom and Scyther. :D

you can also thief metal coats from wild magnemite/ton, this works in Ru/Sa haven't tried it in FR/LG but i'm guessing the same would be true.

Mr Cat Dog
September 14th, 2004, 10:04 AM
In answer to Toothache's question on breeding - if the baby Pokemon can learn the move, then if the father has it via move tutor - it'll learn it. An example is teaching a Raichu Substitue, then breeding with a female Plusle. The resulting Plusle should know Substitute as an egg move. Hope it helps ^_^

VanirElf
September 14th, 2004, 10:06 AM
you can get a metal coat on one of the islands
I think it's island 5 or 6 there's a pillar where the guy standing there burried
his onix named "tectonix" if you check the area there, you can get a
metal coat, it's near the stone at the bottom of the pillar.
you can find a sun stone too, it's also on one of the islands but i'm sorry
I don't remember which one at least it is in leaf version
I don't know about red...I miss oddish

runeknightx
September 14th, 2004, 01:59 PM
the question about happiness how wut items should i give it?
potions? berries? stat boosting items like iron?
also how much happiness does a pokemon like chansey need to bcome blisey and can u see how much happiness pts a pkmn has?

Simmons_2.0
September 14th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Where do you find the Amulet coin?????

salamenceruler04
September 14th, 2004, 05:46 PM
I think one of Presfessor oaks aides gives it to you...i thinik in fushies..the place were you pash through with the guard...

Mr Cat Dog
September 14th, 2004, 10:57 PM
If you want to improve happiness, the best way - and also the most expensive way - is to buy stat raising items such as Iron or Calcium. Although this might wreck your EVs for future training, your desired Pokemon will become happier. Just be sure to get the National Dex before you try this... as they'll stop evolving mid-way through evolution.

Other ways are just leaving them in battle, just having them in your squad, and healing them when they get hurt. They are slower... but do work as well.

Simon
September 14th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Is FRLG compatable with Pokemon Box?

usami
September 14th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Is FRLG compatable with Pokemon Box?
Yes FRLG is compatible with bow, the only thing you can't do in box is play the game on it, it says this in the instruction booklet if I'm not mistaken.

Kenta-kun
September 15th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Where do you get such items as the King's Rock & Steel Coat?

cranium
September 15th, 2004, 06:35 AM
ok ive heard tonnes on this game and read about it ALOT but never found out
-does this game follow R/B/Y story THEN go into G/S/C story, or after you complete the (original) games story as it were do you go into a new section of the game never created before with these extra islands on?

thanx for the help, i just wanna fantasise about it til' i get it
stupid uk release dates

Mr Cat Dog
September 15th, 2004, 07:08 AM
I know how you feel... stupid Europe :(

King's Rock - Can be nabbed off Hariyama in RuSa if you want to trade... or via someone on one of the islands... I can't remember which one though :/
Metal Coat - Can be nabbed off Magnemite/ton in RuSa and FrLg

FRLG follows the RBY story, but at Cinnibar Island (once you've beaten Blaine) you have the opportunity to go to Islands 1-3. There is no part of the GSC story apart from excerpts that few people say... such as Bill lives in Goldenrod and stuff like that.

Toothache
September 15th, 2004, 10:42 AM
It's been posted in the RSE forum already Kael, don't double post in two forums the same question :-p

KaeL
September 15th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Yes sorry was just coming to delete the one in RuSa cause it was in wrong spot. but i saw u awnsered it btw i have another question over there. well time to delete this one.

Desaparecidos
September 15th, 2004, 04:23 PM
not sure if this was already asked, but what exactly do i have to do to be able to trade between R/S and FR/LG?

i have already beaten the E4 and collected the updated Pokedex.

=/

AdamHays
September 15th, 2004, 05:59 PM
which move tutor do you go to to get hydrocannon (city)?

Simon
September 15th, 2004, 06:04 PM
not sure if this was already asked, but what exactly do i have to do to be able to trade between R/S and FR/LG?

i have already beaten the E4 and collected the updated Pokedex.

=/You still need to find the Ruby and Sapphire plates and give them to Celio. He's in frnot of the giant machine on the Sevii Islands. Talk to him to enable the quest.

And Adam...I think it's that old lady north of Two Island.

runeknightx
September 15th, 2004, 06:21 PM
if i were to give chansey for example rare candies until it was lvl 99 would it b a good idea and do rare candies boost happiness?

KaeL
September 15th, 2004, 06:28 PM
I saw the hydro cannon question... Any idea where u get Blast Burn ( i think thats the name :/ ) and how can i tell if my Charizard has high happiness.

Edit: Also, i have prima's strategy guide for Fr/Lg. Pokemon 151-250 it sais trade from colloseum.... well, i just got colosseum, and i dont understand how to do that.

runeknightx
September 15th, 2004, 06:32 PM
same place as hydro cannon

Desaparecidos
September 15th, 2004, 06:33 PM
You still need to find the Ruby and Sapphire plates and give them to Celio. He's in frnot of the giant machine on the Sevii Islands. Talk to him to enable the quest.

And Adam...I think it's that old lady north of Two Island.

thanks a lot. that helped me a lot =D

KaeL
September 15th, 2004, 06:39 PM
About ur chansey.. dont level it up with rare candies. Ruins Ev training plus u may not get a blissy. Just keep battling with it and try not to let it faint. And about the amulet coin, U do get it in a place like where salamence said. U get it upstairs from Oak's aide if u have collected 40 kinds of pokemon. I think its left of celedon or left of Fusica. Right of Fusica is The Exp share, which requires 50 species collected.

Unknown Hero
September 15th, 2004, 07:03 PM
I saw the hydro cannon question... Any idea where u get Blast Burn ( i think thats the name :/ ) and how can i tell if my Charizard has high happiness.

Edit: Also, i have prima's strategy guide for Fr/Lg. Pokemon 151-250 it sais trade from colloseum.... well, i just got colosseum, and i dont understand how to do that.
you have to beat colosseum to be able to trade

KaeL
September 15th, 2004, 07:17 PM
you have to beat colosseum to be able to trade

Thank you soooooo much!

Unknown Hero
September 15th, 2004, 07:27 PM
not a problem (danm post size restriction)

aqonix
September 16th, 2004, 05:54 AM

I like to add somthing not all 151-251 are from colloseum some are on the islands

Island: Sentret+ev, Ledyba+ev, spinarak+ev, Natu+ev, Marill+ev, Hoppip+ev, Wooper+ev, Murkrow, Dunsparce, Quilfish, Shuckel, Heracross, Sneasel, Slugma, Swinub, Swinub, Remoraid+ev, Delibrird, Manetine, Skamory, Phanpy, Miltank, Larvitar
Collossum: 3 starters+ev(G/S/C), Hoothoot+ev, Mareep+ev, Sudowoodo, Aipom, Sunkern+ev, Yanma, Pineco+ev, Gligar, Sunbbull+ev, Teddiursa+ev, Houndour+ev, Stantler, Smeargle, Ho-Oh
FR/LG: Specials: Crobat, Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Bellossom, Politoed, Slowking, Misdrivus, Unown, Wobbuffet, Steelix, Scizor, Kingdra(ev is Water stone now), Porygon2, Tyrogue+ ev, Smoochhum, Magby, Elekid, Blissey, Entei, Raikou, Sunicune,
R/S: Chinchou, Girafarig, Corsola

Some of the island pokemon can be caught other places but I just put any pokemon with the possiblity to be caught in the islands under island,
Pokemon under Collusseum are only in colloseum,
FR/LG can be caught threw special evs in fr/lg after National pokedex,
R/S pokemon are only in R/S
"+ev" means evolve or breed to get other stages

Don't forget most pokemon form colloseum need to be bred to get lower levels beacuse they start in high stages of evolution.

salamenceruler04
September 16th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Were can I find berries? What pokemon carry them?....

KaeL
September 16th, 2004, 03:01 PM
U can find berries in Berry forest on island 3 and some other different places.

aqonix
September 16th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Berries are found all over Kanto they look like small black ovals on the ground

Simmons_2.0
September 16th, 2004, 04:31 PM
should i trade my Golem for Jiglypuff that knows shockwave water pulse and sing

aqonix
September 16th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Why any jigglypuff can learn all those moves will it depends on if u want to because there is nothing special about it.

Mundane
September 16th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Im not sure if it is qualified as a simple question, but..
Can anyone tell me what are the directions for the unknown cave.
The cave right beside the emptied house. The house that is supposivly.
containing a female who gives out rare candies for seeing certain pokemon.
Thank you

VanirElf
September 17th, 2004, 06:21 AM
that's Selphy's house

the answer to that question is in the Faq's section of the board.

and other dude, jigglypuff are easy to catch so I suggest keeping
the golem

I have one question though
the lady that teaches your starters their
if I get eggs for charmander and squirtle will she teach them thier
exclusive moves.
um. Blast Burn and Hydro Cannon???
I hope so, please let it be so

Mr Cat Dog
September 17th, 2004, 07:11 AM
I wouldn't have thought so. All the things I've read say starter only. So... I don't think that even if you're Pokemon are the same species as starters... that they will learn it. I may be wrong (and I probably am ^_^) but that's just what I think.

Claire
September 17th, 2004, 07:39 AM
I think ur right cat dog -starter specific is my understanding

salamenceruler04
September 17th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Ok.. I just left the islands after I fixed to PC on island one...and I want to go back to the islands...blue told me somthing about riding a ferry...were is it?

Mundane
September 17th, 2004, 01:01 PM
In the fame checker there is a unknown to me person named Daisy.
She is mentioned by the old lady who gives tea to you, saying "she sometimes goes to the Dept. Store for tea". So far that is the only info i have obtained about Daisy.
Anyone know who this person is, and is it really that important to know her?

Kenta-kun
September 17th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Ok.. I just left the islands after I fixed to PC on island one...and I want to go back to the islands...blue told me somthing about riding a ferry...were is it?

Vermillion City, where the SS Anne used to be

Shadow
September 17th, 2004, 05:48 PM
In the fame checker there is a unknow to me person named Daisy.
She is mentioned by the old lady who gives tea to you, saying "she sometimes goes to the Dept. Store for tea". So far that is the only info i have obtained about Daisy.
Anyone know who this person is, and is it really that important to know her?
She is your rival's/Blue's sister. Her name was revealed in G/S/C and it seems like Nintendo kept it in FR/LG (unlike Janine's -.-*).

ParselTongue
September 17th, 2004, 06:37 PM
I feel stupid but I beat Misty, now how do I use cut? What am I missing?

Shadow
September 17th, 2004, 06:46 PM
I feel stupid but I beat Misty, now how do I use cut? What am I missing?
HM 01 from the St. Anne in Vermilion City.

Neko Keeshi
September 17th, 2004, 08:14 PM
new tip I got in an email from Nintendo...

"New to the catch-'em-all rage? Having trouble catching that elusive wild Pokmon? Then try this trick, pardner. 1. Throw a ball at the Pokmon. Any ball will work, but a more powerful one improves your odds. 2. The instant the ball explodes, press and hold the B Button. 3. Release B when the ball wobbles a second time. This trick isn't foolproof, but it dramatically increases your odds of a successful capture. You don't need to weaken a Pokmon beforehand, but some Pokmon, such as Mewtwo and Zapdos, need to first be put to sleep. "

Simon
September 17th, 2004, 08:20 PM
I doubt that email was even from Nintendo....

Toothache
September 17th, 2004, 08:21 PM
That's what they call a psychometric response. You're thinking the button pressing affects the catching, when in reality it does nothing at all. It's a placebo effect.

salamenceruler04
September 17th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Yea I read something about that before and it was ent true..dont believe it

Mr Cat Dog
September 18th, 2004, 01:04 AM
My brother still believes rumours like that. In Fire Red, he tried that trick with Moltres, and was absolutely shocked when it actually broke out of the ball when he'd putt it to sleep, but not taken any damage off it. Silly rumours... ^_^

Hiroshi Sotomura
September 18th, 2004, 01:31 AM
Oh and Shadow, Rival is Green in Fire Red and Leaf Green. They named Janine Charine as they could've been lazy to look up her original name.

Ever since the start, your game has kept details and exact data of your starter. So using a baby of it will not work, as the game has kept that starter's original data and must be validated properly with your own starter. Let's say I get a Squirtle. When I beat Rival (Green), Professor Oak mentions that you improved since you got your Squrtle. Anyway, FRLG keeps the data of your starter inside its save data, and your starter will have that flag forever. Pokmon hatched by it will not carry that flag.

Star Crossed Dreamer
September 18th, 2004, 01:36 AM
Man, I can't believe I used to fall for that trick. Where does it mention Janine in FR/LG because I haven't seen her.

Xander
September 18th, 2004, 02:50 AM
A little off topic, but I wanted to put in my input before I forgot.

In regards to the Charine/Janine comment.. Did anyone ever think that perhaps Koga has more than one daughter? If you actually look at it, Charine has brown hair, and is fairly young. Janine had black hair, and since Gold and Silver took place three years after Red and Blue, Charine seems much too young to have become a gym leader in only 3 years. Isn't it possible that Janine is off training on her own somewhere?