PDA

View Full Version : Which Generation is your favorite?

EstebanOrt77
June 1st, 2009, 12:42 PM
In my opinion it would be Gen. I, considering I grew up with it.

PokemonLegacy
June 1st, 2009, 12:43 PM
Same here, estebonort. I was a little tyke when the Pokemon phenomenon hit the world and I'll always remember it. I will be a Gen. 1 fan for life!!

EstebanOrt77
June 1st, 2009, 12:45 PM
Same here, estebonort. I was a little tyke when the Pokemon phenomenon hit the world and I'll always remember it. I will be a Gen. 1 fan for life!!
Thank You, someone who finally agrees. =)

Opposite Day
June 1st, 2009, 01:25 PM
Gen II, for the same reasons listed above. Hell, it's been ten years now.. :O

templekeeper
June 1st, 2009, 02:30 PM
First gen does not deserve to be best just 'cause it came first.
Second gen and first gen are like yin and yang.
This gen brought a very different atmosphere to the game (helloooooo, move split?). But, let's face it--nobody was satisfied with every single new evo.

I stand by AG. The anime was enjoyable except maybe a few unfair Gym fights. The Battle Frontier was a new flavour. The TCG sets were my favourites. Contests came. The plentiful new pokemon rightfully stole the limelight from I+II. Yep, the Trick Master takes the cake!

WisherWisherWish
June 1st, 2009, 02:34 PM
I agree with templekeeper.
Generation III is what got me into it in the first place.

white lancer
June 1st, 2009, 03:12 PM
Generation II, pretty easily. I love G1 and give it a ton of credit for starting everything off, but there's no matching G2 IMO. I started on G1, but I remember all the speculation and rumors about G2 before it came out; it was pretty exciting, actually, to see Pokémon like Snubbull, Marill, and Donphan in the first movie (not to mention Togepi in the anime) and to try to figure out what other new Pokémon there were, and everyone got really excited when we realized that not only was there gonna be a new region with 100 new Pokémon, but there were also baby Pokémon and new evolutions, and two new types! Not to mention the day/night system, berries, and the ability to go back to Kanto after you finished the game. The Johto Pokémon were all great and they melded nicely with the G1 Pokémon, and let's not forget that it also includes the excellent Pokémon Stadium 2, which improved upon the already-great formula of the first Stadium game.

G3 was a huge letdown for me at the time it was released...while I've come to appreciate it more over the years, I was always hugely disappointed by the fact that you could only visit one region in the game and that you couldn't even catch all the Pokémon--you couldn't even trade from previous generations, and a lot of my favorites were left in the dust. They also got rid of the day/night system, and while I thought there were some improvements to the game, I found that overall the changes made for a less enjoyable experience than G2 for me, although FRLG was a big improvement to the generation, as you could now use most Pokémon again. I also didn't really like many of the new Pokémon, and none of them really even come close to my favorites from the first two generations. I still enjoy my G3 games, but I'd much rather be playing Crystal or even Yellow than Emerald. I haven't played G4, so I won't comment on that, except to say that I don't like many of the new Pokémon designs at all.

EstebanOrt77
June 1st, 2009, 03:58 PM
I simply can't stand Gen. II because it is full of really annoying baby Pokemon. If there's one thing I hate is when they make a Pre-Evolution or an Evolution of a Pokemon in an older Generation.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³
June 1st, 2009, 04:05 PM
I agree with templekeeper.
Generation III is what got me into it in the first place.

Yeah, 3rd generation of Pokemon for life.

EDIT: I edited my to post to make it much longer. I wanted to do this a long time ago, but I was tired that day.

Gen. I & II: I merge this two Pokemon generations together because I like them the same way. R/B/Y had the best music out of all the Pokemon games. The Kanto gym leaders were the best and appealing. I do slightly like Kanto over Johto. But G/S/C did have some better improvements. They introduced the Poke'Gear, you can listen to the radio. The phone was a little aggravating, however, your mother can give you some hidden items to put in your room. G/S/C had some really cool caves to explore too.

Gen. III: The third generation of Pokemon? Where do I began? This is the best generation of Pokemon I have ever experience in my life. Let me get started with the Hoenn region, this region was the outstanding region. Hoenn was the best region that Game Freak has ever created to me. Hoenn had numerous of secret bases to explore, also in different colors, red, blue, dark brown, light brown and green. You can collect ornaments to design your secret bases, I found this fun. The contests were good for Poke'Blocks. You can use a HM called "Dive" to go underwater and find rare items, Pokemon to capture, caves and secrets to unlock my favorite legendary trio, the Regies! The Hoenn region was so creative, there were awesome volcanoes, ice bergs caves, power plants, rain forest, ghost towers, nice islands, nice rocky caves, the Trick Master, Battle Frontier, creative cities, it had everything you can possibly enjoy. The Hoenn is really in superb shape. No other region good as this had so many great landforms in one ultimate combination. I don't care what people say, Hoenn was extremely fun. Now the Pokemon games in the third generation; R/S/E were the best Pokemon games I have ever played. May & Brendan were really interesting and had the best personality and style. To me, Team Aqua & Team Magma were the best villains out of all the team villains. Characters in this region had really good personalities. You can use a device called the Poke'Nav to find trainers, challenges, hobbies and their true classification. Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire had the best story line. It was an excellent plot with Groudon, Rayquaza and my number one favorite legendary Pokemon, Kyogre! Finally, FR/LG; these R/B remake games were a better improvement. This introduced the V.S. Seeker, Sevi Islands and new actives with Wireless Adapter. Also, in the third generation games, you can go mystery islands that are outside the regions, Southern Island, Navel Rock, Birth Island and Faraway Island.

Gen. IV: This generation had too many flaws. I didn't like their new sprites (out battle) buildings and characters to make Sinnoh, therefore, I won't enjoy HG/SS. This is the reason why I didn't put Heart Gold & Soul Silver on my upcoming games list. They basically ripped off those big bulky annoying D/P sprites and put it on HG/SS. That is messed up. Now back to D/P/Pt; the music was not that interesting. I am not saying that it is bad, but the music wasn't as interesting as the previous Pokemon Versions. The Pokemon cries have gotten worst. On the positive side, the battles have better graphics, cool move effects and these Pokemon games introduces to connect to Nintendo WiFi.

So I got to say that Gen. III was outstanding, Gen I & Gen II was good and Gen IV was fair.

Vrai
June 1st, 2009, 04:15 PM
Honestly, I like the first generation. I never really got into the second generation; I guess I just wasn't in the right place at the right time? I dunno. But seriously, I loved Missingno., and trying to look for new glitches. ^^

The Dragon Master Is Back
June 1st, 2009, 04:24 PM
Gen 1 and Gen 2 Rule forever!
Escpecially Gen 1 because it has the first pyschic/ ghost/ dark gym leader!
Sabrina...
She Rules Forever aswell...
And also because Gengar was brought out in the 1st generation I think....
Im over dragons now my new type is ghost, pshycic and dark type pokemon.

Tennis_Lion818
June 1st, 2009, 04:28 PM
I believe that Gen 2 is the best, partly because i've only gotten that far, but maybe I might like the other Gens more. I don't know, but I'm nearly done with Gen 2 so I'm looking forward towards Gen 3.

Jasonpower
June 1st, 2009, 04:36 PM
i like gen. 1 because the Kanto region had lots of cool pokemon and had cool gym leaders.

Infernape
June 1st, 2009, 04:41 PM
gen two. it was so awsome how could you not like it? it gave us cyndaquil!

EstebanOrt77
June 1st, 2009, 04:50 PM
Cyndaquil? Seriously? I think Farfetch'D is better. But that's just me. -_-

Ayano Hana
June 1st, 2009, 05:02 PM
Generation Two was my favorite. It has some of my favorite Pokémon in it.

XxDawnfanxX
June 1st, 2009, 06:05 PM
Generations one and two have always been my favorite. Kanto and Johto FTW. :)

Limey-chan
June 1st, 2009, 06:09 PM

I am in agreement in the text I have quoted above.

I've given Gen II the nod over Gen I. GSC were more accomplished games than RBY, both aesthetically and technically. The Gen II had some of my favourite features (Day & Night for example).

Lt_Nite
June 1st, 2009, 06:12 PM
Generation II, had some of my favorite pokemon in it, favorite towns, and gym leaders. Not to mention it had two regions to explore.

Andcetera
June 1st, 2009, 08:02 PM
My favorite Gen has to be the second +'_'+

PokemonFanatic2
June 1st, 2009, 08:13 PM
Generation 3.. It was the second one I played (Blue and red was too plain). And Pokemon silver and gold kept freezing at a certain point and didn't work for me.

RYOUKI
June 1st, 2009, 08:32 PM
I used to say gen 3 was better, but after playing D/P/Pt, I'll say Gen 4.

zappyspiker
June 1st, 2009, 11:33 PM
II
I got crystal when I was 6 and have loved the pokemon from there ever since

Tanya
June 2nd, 2009, 03:04 AM
The first one.
All my childhood, i love it so much.
When im looking at the first episodes, i feel like i saw it just yesterday.
Where is those days? ho man...

10 freaking years.

Azonic
June 2nd, 2009, 03:45 AM
Favorite would be Gen II because I don't know anything about it. [/cant wait for HGSS]

Flamer
June 2nd, 2009, 04:15 AM
Close between Gen 4 and 2. Going to go with Gen 2, cause it was my first, and desite the fact that all the wifi stuff in Gen 4 is great, Sinnoh as a region is pretty poor.

pokerus34
June 2nd, 2009, 04:37 AM
Generation Uno (GEN I) :)

I aslo grew up with it. It was my fave since then :D

And I just love Pikachu! XD

deliriouspurple
June 2nd, 2009, 05:44 AM
Gen II of course, the generation that bring me back to where I really love pokemon xD

megahaosguy
June 2nd, 2009, 05:48 AM
My favorite Gen would be the 3rd.
It has my favorite pokemon,torchic

Finnel
June 2nd, 2009, 09:38 AM
Generation 3, even though I've been a Pokémon fan since the first generation. I just love the music, sprites, and a lot of the new Pokémon of the generation looked cool. I especially loved the region, there were so many different environments to visit, beautiful.

ShinjisLover
June 2nd, 2009, 10:58 AM
Generation II because the Pokémon were the most awesome during that generation.

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 2nd, 2009, 11:10 AM
III will always be my favorite. It was when my interest in Pokemon reached its biggest point.

Snerd
June 2nd, 2009, 11:22 AM
Gen II was the greatest, but it needs an update. I'm really looking forward to SoulSilver. :)

Deoxys55
June 2nd, 2009, 11:56 AM
I would have to say Gen. 3 for me, since that's the first one I got to play the actual game for. =P Though I think I like the most pokemon from Gen. 2.

Gusxx1
June 2nd, 2009, 12:30 PM
I donno, it was a hard choice. But, i did like generation two game wise. But anime wise i'll always like generation one. It was a hard choice but i did pick generation one in the poll.

lilninjapig
June 2nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
Generation 1 is one of my favourites. So much nostalgia there and I love the original Pokemon, I always used to watch the anime as a child.

Generation 2 and 4 are tied for me, I grew up playing the Gen 2 games and I think Generation 4 is really good.

Generation 3, I can never get into.

Kagamine
June 2nd, 2009, 01:52 PM
My favorite is tied between generation 2 and 3. I love generation 2 because it was the first generation I was introduced to; my friend let me play hers when I was younger. I love generation 3 because it was the first time I actually owned a Pokemon game, and it made me really happy. xD

thadarkcookie
June 2nd, 2009, 02:00 PM
for me i say gen.1 n 2 cause im 16 now i grew up playing them i knew all of them for gen 1 :p

Ayselipera
June 2nd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Well the first generation was the one I
grew up with, but I thought the second
generation did an equal job with that of
the first. So I would say I like both equally.

BHwolfgang
June 2nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
I started with Gen. III. I'm going down with Gen. III.

However, I must say that Gen. II was kick ass.

FalconJoker
June 2nd, 2009, 08:00 PM
I personally love generation four. I loved the first generation, and didn't play generation 2 and kinda 'bleh' my way through the third. But I've come back to the 4th and it's just awesome. Definitely re-ignited my love for the Pokemans.

TkBento PT
June 4th, 2009, 02:11 AM
for me its a tie between pokemon gen 1 and 2 but i like pokemon gen 1 because its anything beggins and turned me in one pokefan xD ;) but gen 2 are great too but i vote in gen 1 :)

Cherrim
June 4th, 2009, 03:51 AM
In order of favourite to least favourite: II > I = IV >>>>>>>>>>>>> III

My favourite is easily Generation II. Pokémon-wise, it had a bunch of new original creatures as well as some cool new evolutions AND pre-evolutions for Pokémon. As a kid I thought this was just the greatest ever, so I think nostalgia has a lot to do with it. The Gen II games still stand as my favourite in the main series simply because of the variety of things to do. They added so many new features like the phone, day/night, breeding, male/female, happiness, splitting special, etc. After you beat the Elite 4 you could still go back to Kanto. It wasn't just aimless "HAY HERE'S A BOAT, THERE'S AN ISLAND WITH BATTLE BUILDINGS HERP DERP." While there was no real plot for this part of the game, you got to go back and explore a world that you had become so attached to in a previous game. It was new, yet familiar. I adored that. Anime-wise, I think Gen II is where I stopped watching so idk what to say about it. XD;

After that, Gen I is my favourite. Mainly for nostalgia, I think. The games were new and never-before-seen instead of basically a rehash of the same gameplay and plot in a different country. The Pokémon were the originals so you couldn't complain about rip-offs and for the most part they were all very creative. This section of the anime was my favourite too since while there were some filler episodes, they weren't so common. You had maybe two or three between gyms whereas now it takes months to get to another gym. <_<

Gen IV is right up there with Gen I for me. Mostly because of the Pokémon designs. Sure there were some lame ones and I hate some of the new third evos (Electivire, etc.) but for the most part the Pokémon were back to the standard set by I & II. The games were a lot more fun than the disappointment (to me) that was Gen III and included so many new and exciting additions. Plot was extended and most characters were added. Definitely a fun experience. I just hate all the legendaries but I blame Gen III for starting that trend anyway. :p Can't talk much about the anime except for how dumb Dawn and her Piplup seem to be. I still don't watch it.

And Gen III just sucked. Designs were, on the whole, horrible. The game was the only one that felt like an utter chore to get through for me. I liked contests but that's about it. I think I've seen like 4 episodes of the anime from that series and I didn't like any of them. I just hated it.

Satoshi Ookami
June 4th, 2009, 03:59 AM
Fourth one, because I and II are too old xD and third gen isn't so good

Superjub
June 4th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Generation II, because of Crystal among other things (read below.) XD

Generation I was revolutionary, and the generation that introduced those critters into the world. :) However, after you beat the E4, you didn't really have much to do, except battle and trade with your friends, and of cource, catch em' all. XD

Generation II was also excellent. :D It showed Team Rocket trying to recover after being defeated by 'you' 3 (?) years ago, and continued from R/B/Y, which was nice. :) Also, after you beat the E4, you could travel back to Kanto, beat the Gyms there and VS. Red (or you), the silent protoganist we've come to love. :D Plus, most of the Pokemon's designs were great. :D

Generation III was alright. :\ I mean, I loved Dive, Team Aqua, Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken and some other stuff, but it didn't seem like the last generations, with little references. :| Plus, it intoduced Pokemon such as Relicanth, Huntail and Spinda. Yeah, I really dislike there designs (sorry :()

Generation IV? Gameplay wise, it was great! Wifi, quite a good story, underground etc. Plus, the graphics and heroes look good too. But.... the Pokemon really lack the creativity which made us love Generation I and II. I mean, Bidoof, Bibarel, Magmortar, Magnezone, Lickilicky, Lopunny, Bronzong. :\ I mean Magneton looked decent, but Magnezone? Three steel ball-things into a UFO? What the...?!?! Yeah, thats all I have to say...:P (Though there were some good ones, such as Cherrim, Piplup, Empoleon, Manaphy, Mantyke etc. And the Pokemon cries were quite good, too. :D)

Zach.Is.Me.
June 4th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I dig Gen III mostly because of FireRed and LeafGreen. I loved the original story line of Red and Blue, but but it felt a bit tedious. I liked the improvements made in the Gen III remakes, like easier computer navigation, better pokemon design, and the running shoes so early in the game. I couldn't imagine walking everywhere again.

Kerotan
June 5th, 2009, 02:50 AM
I guess that my favorite would be Gen. II, because that's when it all started for me. I REALLY hope that Nintendo doesn't screw up the remake.

Ninja Caterpie
June 5th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Gen III, as that was the first one I ever played.

I just loved it from then in. =D

The Exorcist
June 5th, 2009, 03:47 AM
Gen 1 and 2, but if I had to choose one it would Gen. 2, I was exposed to Pokemon Crystal quite lot from my brothers some years ago (about 7 years ago now), I played Crystal for about 4 years until I discovered Pokemon Emerald... hehe :D

Raykon
June 5th, 2009, 03:59 AM
Gen 1 and Gen 2, Mainly becauase I grew up with those generations and I don't really like the new Pokemon's that much.

Sweet Visions
June 5th, 2009, 04:08 AM
I do love Generation II for the Pokemon, but Gen. I simply has that feel for me. I have to go with that because it's when I was truly excited to watch/play Pokemon.

Giraffes? Giraffes!
June 5th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Always loved Generation two but i'm gonna have to go with 1 considering most of my favorite pokemon are from that generation.

Alec_
June 5th, 2009, 06:46 AM
It would probably be Generation 2. Gen. 2 Is the best Generation Ever!

~Fairytales.

Cassino
June 5th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I grew up with 1 and 2, like any oldie. 251 Pokemon was what made it complete as far as I'm concerned. The rest are rather frivilous imo, and with the vast graphic overhaul making the games more bright and cheerful, it never seemed right.

Jubilation
June 5th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Generation III always was my favorite for some reason, maybe the fond memories of me playing Emerald lol.

gblbf
June 5th, 2009, 11:36 AM
gen 1, best generation ever :D

Satoshi Ookami
June 5th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Generation III always was my favorite for some reason, maybe the fond memories of me playing Emerald lol.
Yeah III gen was memorable to me as well... it was generation when I returned to pokemon :)

iTzKaizer
June 5th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Generation 2 all the way. Generation 3 introduced me to pokemon but I started playing other games, starting in Ruby, then Fire Red and finally Gold, and I was shocked that you could go to 2 regions.

My opinions on each generation:

Generation 1:
Crapy technology at the moment but good storyline and all. Original pokemon. 3rd favourite.

Generation 2:
Kept the 1 st generation caracteristics, and introduced new pokemons, added a new region without eliminating the other. Night/Day system... New Pokemon had the same style of the 1st. Favourite.

Generation 3 (RSE):
Since they are my first, I thought at the beginning they were the best. For me, it has the best starters, I like them all, in each type (except Blaziken) they are the best. The storyline... not that good, but the region was bigger than Johto and Kanto alone, and had a variety of climates. After the League, there was not much to do, only the Battle Tower. 4th favourite.

Generation 4:
For me the design of pokemon isn't a big deal (it was a few months ago). I liked that Sinnoh was even bigger than Hoenn, and had more variety of climates than any other region. It was futuristic, liked the style there. only the pokemon they could imrpove better. I mean, in the design, as people ays, altough for me it relly doesn't matter. What I wanted was weak pokemon having more acceptable evolutions, not already strong pokemons (rhydon) to have another evolution. Anyway, I still have the original pokemon, If I don't like them, then I don't evolve them. 2nd favourite.

Miss Soupy
June 5th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Generation II. It was the generation where I got a better understanding of Pokemon after playing Yellow. For one... I learned that the Day Care people were not taking my Pokemon away forever, and I was amazed by the breeding features. :>

And going to Kanto absolutely amazed me... I was all like, "IT'S LIKE TWO GAMES IN ONE!? :'DDD"

Hurr.

.:Kanto:.
June 5th, 2009, 03:57 PM
1st Generation, it's the original and it's the best! I honestly don't like generation 2 that much, mostly because the starters look so ugly! (my opinion..)

Mr. Tabachi
June 6th, 2009, 12:25 AM
eye liek reellly old gen becauze i leik old men
Mmmmmmmmmmmm.........

althir
June 6th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I liked GEN II, because it is only one I know.. :/

Fire Eagle
June 6th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Between all of the generations, I would consider myself as a generation 3 favorable because it was when I loved Mudkip and Swampert was the dominator of all three starters.

-Raiken-
June 6th, 2009, 06:49 PM
The first generation is my favorite due to the fact that I watched the first season more than the others and I have always liked the first season[has first generation pokemon] more than the others.

vanna.
June 6th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I love generation II. Definitely my favorite by far. Generation III is at a close second for me, though.

SooHee
June 6th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Though I started with Gen I and grew up with it, learning that weird glitch, and playing it over at least 30 times, I still think Gen III is my favorite because I understood pokemon more at that age and it seemed a lot more exciting rather than when I was really young playing my red version

Shasjas
June 7th, 2009, 05:52 AM
gen 2 is the best for the pokemon, and gen 3 has by far the worst pokemon. however gen 3 does have to best region

Prototype Omega
June 8th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Definitely the fourth generation. Dunno why the hype over the second one. It's beyond over rated XD

♣Gawain♣
June 8th, 2009, 02:52 AM
I like Gen 3 than any other. It has a lot of variety and style. It is the birthplace of Battle Frontier and Pokemon Contests.

TERRA#493
June 9th, 2009, 09:52 AM
No Generation is perfect, anyway, my favourite Generation, decided from the gameplay, is G/S/C. Fascinating towns and other locations in this region, compared with a lot of awesome Pokemon and a good storyline made this Generation, what it is.

kingofjokers
June 9th, 2009, 09:57 AM
mine would be gen2 well i skipped gen 1 then after beating gen 2 i had to see gen one but i loved gen 2 better

Mōnštȝr¿
June 9th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Gen II.
Jhoto all the way!
I just wish they would advertise it more...

NoMasterBallsNeeded4Legends
June 11th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I love gen 3 cuz of the graphics and features
i like gen 2 cuz of the originality of the pokemon
and gen 1 cuz... hell, its the beginning
as for gen 4, it just ruined the series by trying too hard

The Apprentice™
June 11th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I loved the 2nd generation. Johto is and was always my favorite generation.

Haza
June 11th, 2009, 05:52 PM
As far as battling goes Gen Four has them all beat. New is always better but Gen Two within Gen Four has to beat that.

AuraAshley
June 11th, 2009, 06:46 PM
my favorite has been and always will be the second generation.

icebitedragon
June 11th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I like second gen beacause my first two games were Gold and Crystal.

Inferno1
June 12th, 2009, 03:27 AM
That is a really hard decision but i eventually made up my mind i picked gen two it was between gen 2 gen 3 or gen 4 i picked gen 2 because it was both challenging and fun and had great pokemon But i have not played it in years and i cant find my gold or silver so they could be bad so i really want heart gold and Soul sliver to come out

FreakyLocz14
June 12th, 2009, 04:12 AM
Gen I and II they both were GREAT

Ashi
June 12th, 2009, 06:02 PM
The first two generations will be forever my favorites. But gen2 stole my heart. I just love Jhoto and all the pokemon introduced with it. These newer ones.. ehhh.. not really my cup of tea.

Sweet Visions
June 12th, 2009, 06:23 PM
As I stated before, I like the Pokemon in Gen II, but Gen II simply for the nostalgia. I also never bothered with Gen III because it looks bad to me and I recently just got into Gen IV and it's so far so good.

Gen I > Gen II > Gen IV > Gen III

Leitz09
June 13th, 2009, 06:38 PM
nothing beats the classic(IMO) , Gen I & II FTW...

Prince of Cats
June 15th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Definitely fourth generation. It has every Pokemon known thus far, plus it's graphics are sexy. While first gen showed me the world of Pokemon, fourth gen brought me back after a long hiatus.

Jeikobu
June 15th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Kantou will always be my favorite, I believe. I started with it. It's what I got into Pocket Monsters with, and it's still the classic, and simply the best ever IMO. :-)

RUBY8
June 15th, 2009, 11:18 PM
I loved the first one because that is where the magic happened, the second is just below the first one the third one is okay, the fourth..............................rather not say.

crobatdeluxe
June 15th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Gen II.

Reason: Three Words: Crobat and Karen

MUSION
June 17th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Gen 3, it contains most of my favourite Pokemon, also characters and locations. Gen 3 legendaries are also the best imo.

Kirbychu
June 17th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Generations 1, 2, and 3 all have different aspects I love. Considering I played gen 2 before gen 1, I never really liked the original generation. Call me ignorant. =p

Nnoitra Jiruga
June 17th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Strangely, I like Gen. 3. It has the best looking Pokemon's in my opinion.

HamsterPants
June 17th, 2009, 04:47 PM
When it comes to the question of which generation is the better one, there is no argument that Generation 1 is the best; and it is also my favorite.

Cornelius
June 17th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I have a tie between Generations II and IV.
Generation II contains a few of my favorites (Tyranitar, Typhlosion, Ho-oh, Lugia, Feraligatr), and it also brings back thoughts of warm nostalgia whenever I remember playing Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal.
Generation IV brings upon a lot more of my favorite Pokemon (Torterra, Arceus, Magmortar, Electivire, just to name a few), but it lacks the inspiration that the second generation had. It's gotten better with some of the legendary Pokemon, but with common Pokemon, the inspiration just isn't as common.

Ecks-Dee
June 18th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I like generation IV the best. I think it's because i always like each generation more and more.

Am i the only one who hates generation II? O_o It's the favourite in the poll, and i'm kinda surprised, hehe...XD

Ice Grimm
June 18th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Gen I and IV are my favorites: mostly because I grew up on Gen I and Gen IV is has many things improved. Ecks-Dee, I don't think you are the only one who doesn't like Gen II, I am myself not very fond of it. But that's only my opinion, it's still a good Gen, but it doesn't suit me very well

Ecks-Dee
June 18th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Well, that's a relief XD Don't get me wrong, i love a couple of the pokemon from gen II, like Ampharos and a few others, but i don't like ANY of the starters.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
June 18th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Generation III, but only really FRLG

I, to be honest, liked the Gen 1 pokemon most, not just because they were first, but because they were interesting and clearly weren't just the sound of the developers scraping the bottom of a metaphorical barrel (Bidoof, I'm looking at you)

However, the Gen 1 graphics were horrendous. I'm that someone is going to reply going "OMG U LIEK GRAPHIX NUT GAMPLAI U IS SHALOW", but I just like to have the sprites at least be correct. Look at the Koffing sprite for R/B, for example. And the backsprites...oh dear.

Gen 2, while great, was not the OH MY GOD SUPER MEGA AWESOME JOHTO REGION that everyone seems to think it is, but It does get kudos for having decent graphics and a gamplay that is probably the best of the series, though not by much.

Gen 3 (Hoenn) was like the opposite of Johto - the grahics were great but the gameplay wasn't amazing if I'm honest and some of the new Pokemon just didn't gel well imho.

TLDR version : Gen 1 & 2 were too bad graphically, Gen 3 & 4 have not great gameplay.

Plus, FRLG has nostalgia :D

ScarletSuzu
June 18th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Gen. II was my favorite. Probably because it was what I played as a kid. I love how you can go back to Kanto, too.

That's why I'm so excited for the remakes!

In my opinion:
2 > 1 > 3 > 4 (but that's probably because I'm not as into pokemon as I used to be, so I don't enjoy the new games quite as much.)

zappyspiker
June 18th, 2009, 08:14 PM
II I played crystal and I've loved it ever since.
Plus it has Pichu!!!

derozio
June 23rd, 2009, 06:21 AM
I loved Gen II coz they were the coolest!

Munch Dog
June 23rd, 2009, 07:27 AM
I started with Gen I and I loved it dearly, but Gen II was simply amazing for me. Gen III was alright but I was a little disappointed after what we got with g/s/c, it just felt like a step backwards and was probably one of the reasons I burned out on Pokemon for a while. Gen IV was very fun and is what pulled me back into the world of Pokemon. It still wasn't quite as good as the first 2 generations, but I still enjoyed Gen IV very much.

So basically for me it's II > I > IV > III

JP
June 23rd, 2009, 07:38 AM
As I stated before, I like the Pokemon in Gen II, but Gen II simply for the nostalgia. I also never bothered with Gen III because it looks bad to me and I recently just got into Gen IV and it's so far so good.

Gen I > Gen II > Gen IV > Gen III

That's pretty much the same way I feel about the generations.

JoltIce
June 23rd, 2009, 07:40 AM
I can't really decide!

Gen 1: Good Gameplay. Worst Graphics I have ever seen! Even the sprites aren't correct-_-
Gen 2: Better Gameplay. Better Graphics. At least the sprites are correct :D
Gen 3: (Hoenn) Bad Gameplay. Wonderful Graphics! (Kanto) Better than Gen 1 in every way possible
Gen 4: Better Gameplay. Even better graphics! Wi-Fi, which is the best thing.

Overall.
Gen 3 (Kanto) > Gen 4 (Cuz of Wi-Fi) > Gen 2 > Gen 1 > Gen 3 (Hoenn It's terrible)

Kazukii
June 23rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
Gen. I, it was the original & I love it for what it is & it will always have the legends like Pikachu & Charizard etc.

Trainer AJ
June 23rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Gen 1. Mainly for Tentacool/Tentacruel. After all this time and new Pokemon appearing, these two are the most unique out of them all for being the only Water/Poison type. Also, they have REAL Legendary Pokemon.

Over time, legendaries have become overrated with newer generations. With gen II, it's like, okay, two more "legendary" birds guarding the sky and sea. Then you have Gen III with the actual "rulers" of earth and sea. And finally, with Generation 4, not only do we have rulers of time, space, and the universe itself, but also a Pokemon creationism backstory and the game really feels like it ends after you defeat Cyrus on Spear Pillar (or Distortion World for Platty players like myself). I mean after that, it's like, woohoo!, you get your last gym badge, a pointless HM, and it's off to beat the Elite 4, and go explore the battle isles.

Every other monotonous thing aside, however, I did enjoy the champion battle with Cynthia, in Platinum anyway. She is, so far, the hardest, the most challenging, and the best "champion" created in any pokemon game so far.

So, getting back on track, I'll just rate the gens:

1st Gen I (still has some of the most unique pokemon to date)
2nd Gen II (felt more like an expansion of the first game)
3rd Gen IV (creationism aside, has a great story compared to the last 3 gens, also Cynthia :) )
4th Gen III (really sucked, especially Emerald, sry I'll pass on Ratatta clones thx)

abnegation
June 23rd, 2009, 10:38 AM
Storyline wise defo 4 but 2 Was litrally epic thats why i loved it. 3 meh wasn't great. I would like a remake. And 1 was alwsome just had a short liffe span

Timbjerr
June 23rd, 2009, 11:12 AM
It's a close call between genII (largest world, biggest adventure, best new pokemon) and genIII (most new pokemon, best story in RSE, favorite region Hoenn), but I give the edge to GenIII for it's story and how much I love Hoenn. :P

dark_giratina
June 23rd, 2009, 11:40 AM
I think its Gen 2 because thats got all rare pokemon in and its where pokemon kicks off with the cool stuff like the phone and night and day and you can be a boy or girl, its awesome :)

Oh, The Places You'll Go.
June 23rd, 2009, 12:07 PM
Generation 3 is the reason I began to love Pokemon again.
I've played about ten minutes of the first two generations on my friend's game, and I can't say anything good or bad, since I never played it to the end.
From experience though, Gen III wins my vote. (;

HeartGoldnSoulSilver
June 23rd, 2009, 12:23 PM
Gen 1: I liked how the pokemon were plain. Orginal.

Gen 2: I kinda count G1 and G2 together because most of the pokemon in it are evolutions or pre-evolutions of pokemon from Gen 1. My favorite for nostalgia.

Gen 3: The weird designs on the pokemon, bleh. This one i disliked the most, because of team magma & aqua.
Magma: "Let's make more land, hehe" Aqua: "NO let's drown da world!" -_-

Gen 4: Best graphics, it made the game really fun again. It brought way to many legendaries to the series.

RECAP: Gen 1 > Gen 2 > Gen4 > Gen 3

Turke
June 25th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Hard to decide, I started on generation I but I'll say Generation II. Can't wait until Soul Silver and Heart Gold comes out!

DoodleZ
June 25th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Gen I
I grew up with it too

Droidz
June 25th, 2009, 03:59 AM
Definately Generation I because i grew up with it.

Forever
June 25th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Generation 2.

Has the best memories associated with it, cutest Pokemon, more fun. <3

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 27th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Its Between Generation 3 and 4 because most of my favorite Pokemon are in those generations

:t354:TG

Circa
June 28th, 2009, 02:20 AM
I love 2nd Generation. I think it's the best Generation than the other Generations. Love the Gym Leaders. Love the Johto Pokemon. Love the Plot. Love the Characters. xD

derozio
June 28th, 2009, 03:04 AM
I my last post in this thread I had stated that Gen II was my favourate. I have changed my mind over that, as something came to my mind now. I think that Gen IV will be my favourate as HG/SS are also included in Gen IV and I have the feeling that I will love these remakes much more than the originals.Yeah I know that some people may or may not agree with me!

CrazyCubone
June 28th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I picked Gen 2. I grew up with Gen 1, and barely played Gen 2 because I had the game for a fairly short time. It's the one I play least, so it's the most enjoyable for me to play. Also I'm hyped about HGSS. xD

Pyrax
June 28th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Gen IV.

I've never played Gen I and Gen II from start to finish and I've never did any of the post-elite 4 things in Gen III so I can't say anything about it.

Nitrous Oxide
June 28th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Typhlosion, Scizor, Sneasel, Skarmory, Ho-oh... 2nd gen for sure.

PalkiaSpace
June 30th, 2009, 04:33 PM
What do you guys like? (Pokemon wise)

i like alot of pokemon from johto and sinnoh
i completely hate Hoenn,
(hold Blaziken, Swampert, Absol, Tropius, Aggron, and Salamence)
and i like most pokemon from kanto.

Kanto vs. Johto vs. Hoenn vs. Sinnoh

JoltIce
June 30th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Pokemon wise? Then Gen1, most of my favorite Pokemon are from that Generation.

MissDiVa
June 30th, 2009, 04:40 PM
all of them exept gen 4

gen 4 is full of ugly pokemons and uglier people

the only sexy ONES ARE the butler from the battle castle(yes he is sexy)

and Lucian

The eight gym leader
but the rest are ewww
and the gen 4 pokemons exept for glaceon and glinsor are ewww

glinsor Reminds me of Edward cullen when he turns into a bat

this is the only gen full of ugly weak pokemons.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 30th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I can't choose because I like all of the generations. If I had to eliminate one off the spot right now it would have to be generation 2 because it only had 1 ghost type Pokemon which sucks a lot also not that many Pokemon appealed to me as the others do in the other generations

:t354:TG

Giraffes? Giraffes!
June 30th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I can never choose between the first and the second generation D: But if i had to i would choose the first. Mostly because most of my favorite legendarys and normal Pokemon are in it.

XxDawnfanxX
June 30th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I also dislike Hoen, I never took any interest to any of the starters and I didn't like the region as much as Kanto or Johto. I liked Sinnoh better as well. My favorite is a dead tie between Johto and Kanto because I would consider myself a Kanto boy. First and Second generation were my favorite.

Late
June 30th, 2009, 10:47 PM
1st and 2nd. I vote Johto, because G/S/C are good games and in these games I can catch every pokémon (Celebi with glitch). I can trade pokémon with gbc emulator but with No$gba I can't trade.

Ephraim
June 30th, 2009, 10:53 PM
The natural order of things.

Johto
^
Kanto
^
Sinnoh
^
Hoenn

vudw
July 1st, 2009, 01:02 AM
Johto is a definite for me. I loved the feel of the game and how it looked, and my Quiliva/Lanturn combination was something to fear. I breezed through the elite four my first time through. Good times...

Hoenn had some okay pokemon, but not many. Sinnoh was an awesome landscape layout, but Johto prevails in the Kanto addition of the GSC games. The first series was great as a kid, and I played each game from each series through on two different games of the series (apart from LeafGreen/FireRed where I just played LF).

Lash
July 1st, 2009, 01:42 AM
G1, hands down. I like Pokémon from all generations, but I have a special sort of bond with Kanto Pokémon because that's where I got my start as a Pokémon fan.

Here I am, almost ten years and three Pokémon generations later, still a fan.

Satoshi Ookami
July 1st, 2009, 02:12 AM
I like all the generations but III and IV are my favourites

Gengar1
July 1st, 2009, 03:34 AM
Gen 1 wins for me hands down, closely followed by gen 2.

derozio
July 1st, 2009, 04:11 AM
I like gen IV as HGSS are also a part of the IVth generation and I really was a big fan of the II gen games who are now being remade in the fourth generation. If this thread about comparison between the Generations are based on the DESIGN of the pokemon then I think that gen I wins very easily!:)

Ayselipera
July 1st, 2009, 06:36 AM
I'm not sure if I like Kanto or Johto better they're tied for me.
Next is Hoenn and then... Sinnoh the worst generation of pokemon.

Pocchama01
July 1st, 2009, 06:40 AM
I voted Johto as my favorite, though Hoenn comes in at a close second.

TheAliveTrain
July 1st, 2009, 08:38 AM
I don't hate any generation specificaly, but the ones I most like are the 2nd and the 3rd, maybe because that's the order I played in them. I don't really see what Kanto has of so perfect that Hoenn doesn't. I like all regions to the same but anyway, I'm voting for Johto.

Robot From Heaven
July 1st, 2009, 08:40 AM
Gotta be Generation 2 everything was great escpecially because i love the generation 2 pokemon.

Mitchman
July 1st, 2009, 08:46 AM
The natural order of things.

Johto
^
Kanto
^
Sinnoh
^
Hoenn
This but Kanto is 3rd and Sinnoh second for me.

Lady Berlitz
July 1st, 2009, 09:06 AM
It's really hard to choose, actually. There's basically a close tie between the first, second and fourth generations, and the third generation is probably the worst in everyone's general opinion. That's probably because of the bad, messy and murky sprites as well as the bad graphics, but if everything had been revamped to look more like the D/P/Pt games, it would probably be one of my most favourite generations out there.

If I had to pick one generation... I'd pick Sinnoh.

Intensity
July 1st, 2009, 01:23 PM
Of course Gen 2 would get alot of votes. I'd go with Gen 3 because it got me into Pokemon and Hoenn's a fun place to be at. Gen 3 introduced some really good Pokemon like Salamence, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and a whole bunch of other ones. I do actually like Gen 1 and Gen 4, but not so much for Gen 2. Why? I just don't really like the place all that much.

Maybe when HG/SS comes out I'll get into it more since it'll have all of those new features and graphics.

*Nayz*
July 1st, 2009, 01:27 PM
Generation 1 will always be classic

Generation 2 is one of my favorites

In Generation 3 I only really liked Blaziken and Absol

I don't really care for Generation 4 pokemon

Toshiro.
July 1st, 2009, 03:10 PM
Generation 2 (Johto) will always be my favorite. Most of my favorite pokemon are in that region and Gold/Silver were the best.
My second favorite would be Generation 1 (Kanto.) It's classic.

Guy
July 1st, 2009, 03:25 PM
To be honest, I enjoy all regions and I don't have any dislikes for any of them specifically as some may have said before me. However, if I had to choose a favorite generation it would be the third. The reason being is because Hoenn was the first region I got to play in seeing as Ruby was the first Pokémon game I received. Second to that would be Johto as it brings in a lot of great memories and introduced the starting evolution to my favorite Pokémon currently.

However, I don't see anything wrong with each region as they all have their differences. All having their good spots, while still having the bad. Frankly, it is only the Pokémon and what is held within that differentiate each region and generation. So being, I find nothing wrong with any of them and like each generation being different, each Pokémon within that region is different too.

MissDiVa
July 1st, 2009, 04:51 PM
all, Only Gen 2 I know nothing about

Gen 1
gave us dragonite and eevee(my favorite pokemons)

gen 2
more eevee

gen 3
has milotic
salamance(I like him but not as much as dragonite)
but no eevees in the game, which sucks.
Gardevoir

gen 4
Was boring and too many of the pokemons look like robots
and lucario and gallade
too manly
the legandaries are boring too.
glinsor and porygon-2 are the only ones I love

EstebanOrt77
July 1st, 2009, 08:52 PM
Generation 1 is awesome cause it's first! In my opinion.

tehGDS
July 1st, 2009, 09:00 PM
II or IV best for me,most fun

Aether
July 1st, 2009, 10:31 PM
So far, II. But it may change to IV, the series has really improved over the years.

TheAliveTrain
July 2nd, 2009, 05:30 AM
I'd like to get an answer from someone, just to know what do you see on some region to say it is boring...
I mean, I'm not being ironic or stuff, it really confuses me! Generation III sucks because has any of my favorite Pokémon. What the hell is that.
Just because it doesn't have (let me think) any of your favorites (which happens to be 3 or 4) that region sucks for you?

Lets take an example of my previous post..

all, Only Gen 2 I know nothing about

Gen 1
gave us dragonite and eevee(my favorite pokemons)
Gen 3
no eevees in the game, which sucks.
Gen 4
Was boring and too many of the pokemons look like robots
glinsor and porygon-2 are the only ones I love
Just an example I've seen.
I'd like an answer, with why do you like or not, because this scares me :|

By the way, it is Gliscor, not Glinsor, and sorry but Porygon-2 is from GenII, not IV

!MajesticSmeargle!
July 2nd, 2009, 06:29 AM
I'm a generation 1 fan.
But heck, when G2 came out it was so colorful and kids are attracted to colorful things. XD

ReyRey-Pyon
July 2nd, 2009, 07:32 AM
The pokemon? Well then johto in that case
But game wise
I loved dppt surprisingly and we have hgss comming do it's the fourth gen
But either way
Sinnoh and Johto are pretty close

I hated hoenn tho D;
I feel it had alot more potential
It just failed hard

white lancer
July 2nd, 2009, 07:54 AM
Oops...I should have read the first post before voting. I thought it was which Gen was the best, so I naturally voted for G2, but if it's about the new Pokémon they introduced, that changes things. Obviously the order is this:

Kanto Pokémon > Johto Pokémon > Hoenn Pokémon > Sinnoh Pokémon

G4 may have been better games than G3, but the Pokémon were so terrible I had a hard time filling out a team as I couldn't tolerate them. I managed to find 2 Pokémon that I liked (Lucario & Luxray), 3 I could tolerate (Staraptor, Empoleon, Rampardos) and 1 I still hate (Drifblim). I'm not sure why I kept Drifblim as it kinda sucks...should have just trained that Happiny I got into a Blissey. :-/

.little monster
July 2nd, 2009, 09:17 PM
Second generation, it had a better story and better Pokemon. It was a better region, especially since it had two regions in it. Koodos to the second generation!

DonRoyale
July 2nd, 2009, 09:28 PM
In descending order:
-Sinnoh
-Kanto
-Johto
-Hoenn

Sinnoh did a fantastic job of fixing its predecessor's mistakes when it came to actual Pokemon; this is especially true for 90% of Gen 2 Pokemon, which makes Heart Gold and Soul Silver a more exciting prospect when I think about it. It's also the only generation where you don't have to trade over 9000 times to get everything, because the games conveniently offer multiple ways to catch things, which brings an innovative spin into how you catch Pokemon. (I'm mostly referring to the sexiest item in existence here; the Poke Radar. Though its use has faded with RNG abuse. :|)

Kanto was my first region, so it's up there purely for nostalgia. I will argue in defense of those who dislike Kanto that Generation 1, when I look back on it, had the WORST levelups and movesets EVER. It took some real persistence to get Pokemon their best moves; at the same time, their stats were ridiculous because they were always set at values now calculated with 31 IV's and 255 EV's. (703 HP CHANSEY EFF YEAH >=D)

Johto, I have an extreme dislike for, just because it was pretty much Kanto Part 2, and at the time, it would not have been able to stand alone as its own region. Plus, it's all a giant game of stall, which annoyed the piss out of people, I'm sure.

Hoenn...just needs to drown. The animation was stocky and horrible, it was an eyesore, and a lot of its Pokemon sucked. That being said, a lot of its rarer Pokemon were at least aesthetically interesting (Masquerain, looking at you here). Still, Emerald's sidequest was faaaaaaaaail. :|

BeachBoy
July 2nd, 2009, 10:55 PM
Merged the two (rather full) generation threads, guys~

Citrinin
July 4th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Generation Four. Simply put, it has the most features, Pokémon, moves, et cetera. This is simply the nature of the generations: almost everything good in one of the earlier generations is contained in a later one (of course, there are exceptions, like Apricorns).

However, looking at them just by themselves (eg. Not considering, say, Mewtwo as part of Gen II, or Scizor as part of Gen III), then I would probably say Generation One was my favourite.

beserker300
July 4th, 2009, 06:07 PM
From the games points of view;

Gen III was fun. There was a ton to do, and new secrets/areas to explore. However, the pokemon really sucked in that gen (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald). I found myself with practically the same pokemon in the previous gens (Alakazam, Crobat, etc).

Gen IV was pretty much the same. Loads of stuff to do, but again, did not enjoy the new pokemon. I also started to find some of the tasks extremely tedious (probably from playing so many pokemon games). Beating Team Galactica was a chore, rather than fun and getting through the route with snow was a pain in the ass. The new 3D graphics looked great but the battle scenes were exactly the same, and thus, boring. I also agree with a previous poster and that the legendaries were whor*d out. There were so many of them and the unique-ness was gone.

Gen I and II are my favourites, especially gen II. 16 gyms beats all. It also introduced the day/night system. The only thing I didn't like was that some pokemon envolved by being "friendly with it". Come on...

Unknown Entity
July 4th, 2009, 06:29 PM
True that, Gen I & II FTW, gotta have my Nidoking and Typhlosion. <3

~Ryu

PsychoJigglypuff
July 4th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Generation II is my personal favorite. Silver was the practically my first video game ever, and I loved the Pokemon in that generation.

Noibat
July 4th, 2009, 07:54 PM
four. don't get me wrong, I love the origional and all but four just has everything.

invisible-chan
July 5th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Well, second Gen for several reasons.

1. As much as I love first gen, second gen, Silver, was the first Pokemon game I ever played. When ever I play first gen games, I realize how much more I appreciate the upgrades second gen made.
2. Next, I love both first and second gen Pokemon. Not only can I easily get both, it also trades with first gen.
3. It has a lot of nostalgic things including Kanto, Green/Blue, and especially Red.
4. Second gen also had my favorite heroine/rival duo. I prefer Red as a hero over Gold, but other than that, Crys/Kris and Silver are cooler than Blue/Leaf and Green/Blue (just so you know, I'm going with Blue as girl and Green as boy, not because of the manga, but because of the Japanese versions).
5. Next is the introduction of steel and dark types. Several of my favorite Pokemon are steel and dark. My next point is the PokeGear. My gawd, loved that thing.
6. Awesome radio, the phone with people who called me about awesome and random stuff. What more could I want? I'm expecting the phone back in HG/SS.
7. Awesome music. Okay, to be honest, I generally prefer first gen's music, but I did love a lot of second gen. I like it was more than third or fourth anyways. I hate how fluttery and fluffed up the music has gotten with excessive trills and unnecessary add ins to what were once simple, cute songs.

I have so many more reasons, but I can't remember them all now.

Anxiety.
July 5th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Generation two.

Feature wise, obviously Generation four. But actual Pokemon and evil team wise, generation two. Dispite the fact that I can hardly remeber any of the Pokemon, I still like the ones I do remember. And, Team Rocket is the best evil team by far.

Akiko
July 5th, 2009, 02:30 AM
My favorite Pokemon Generation is probably Generation 2 which is the Johto Generation. I think it's pretty awesome. I really miss the old games. But now. Im really excited about the release of Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver. And im really looking forward for the upcoming Updates. I really really miss the 2nd Generation. The Johto Pokemons the events. The evil team which is Team Rocket. And the towns. The 2nd Generation that i like is Sinnoh. It's not because it's a new generation. But i really like the game and the anime. The graphics improved. That's why i like it. The 3rd Generation that i like is Hoenn. As usual i love the Legendaries. The 4th one is Kanto. I found it boring. But still. It's a good one. No offense to the fans of Kanto Generation. Everyone has it's own decisions.

Akiko.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
July 5th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Gen 3's Hoenn will always be number 1 in my books. Although, I practically grew up with the Gen 1 games, I was still quite young and mastered it easily. Gen 2, never really, got to know it so well due to unforeseen circumstances *cough* corrupted game *cough*.

I remember all the good times me and my friends from elementary school had with Gen 3 however. We talked a lot about Groudon and Kyogre the likes.

Gen 4, don't own a NDS (self explanatory)

SuperBob
July 5th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Generation IV for me. With so many cool pokemon and bigger storyline, Im gonna love it. <3