PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Configuration?

Cassino
June 3rd, 2009, 10:12 AM
I got headphones here.

An example of 'other' would be stereo with subwoofer.

Gold warehouse
June 3rd, 2009, 10:18 AM
Stereo headphones, always. My stereo speakers with subwoofer goes unused, because my house is small and it would cause a disturbance.

Eureka1
June 3rd, 2009, 11:23 AM
I have decent, non PC sound equipment.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n85/eurekaworks/P1170019.jpg

During the day I have M-Audio BX5a plugged into a , fail, Creative Fatal1ty X-Fi.

During the night Grado SR-80 hooked up to my HLLY USB DAC/Amp.

Virtual Chatot
June 3rd, 2009, 12:18 PM
I have four speakers, two large ones that are bolted to my wall on the sides of my screen, and two smaller ones that sit on my desk.

Gerri Shin
June 3rd, 2009, 07:23 PM
I have access to a 5.1 surround system that is very decent (and only cost me $20 from a friend who upgraded to a new $300 system) however, I've been barred from using it due to the thin walls in this town house and the complaints from the neighbours.
I usually just use the built in speakers in my notebook as well as on occasion I'll pull out my surround-quality headphones.
(hey mason, did you ever get that lonely speaker out from behind your desk?)

mewthree w/armor
June 3rd, 2009, 07:35 PM
7.1 Creative Surround Sound. Ok speakers, get the job done.

Glitchfinder
June 4th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Surround. Though, I also have these really cool headphones with built-in micro subwoofers. They're pretty cool.

pokerus34
June 4th, 2009, 06:34 PM
If my Parents are not in the house, I use 4 damn big surround speakers. When i chat, I use headphones. When I listen to music and my parents are there, I just use stereo speakers. Nowadays, my parents are in work and Im left alone in the house so I use Surround. :D

Glitchfinder
June 4th, 2009, 07:36 PM
If my Parents are not in the house, I use 4 damn big surround speakers. When i chat, I use headphones. When I listen to music and my parents are there, I just use stereo speakers. Nowadays, my parents are in work and Im left alone in the house so I use Surround. :D

That isn't surround. That's quadraphonic. Which, to be fair, technically counts as surround sound. Still, you should have voted in Quadraphonic instead.