PDA

View Full Version : Eee PC 1000H - Hotkeys don't work more

TERRA#493
June 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
Since a few days the Hotkey buttons oer the keyboard of my Eee PC 1000H don't work more. I know, i must have the "ACPI driver" for this. I can't find the "acpi.sys" file in Computer -> WINDOWS -> system32 -> drivers. So i remembered, that the support dvd-rom which is attached in the package should help me. Okay, with the support dvd-rom i installed the ACPI driver again, but the hotkey-buttons work still not. What to do?

twocows
June 3rd, 2009, 08:01 PM
Since a few days the Hotkey buttons oer the keyboard of my Eee PC 1000H don't work more. I know, i must have the "ACPI driver" for this. I can't find the "acpi.sys" file in Computer -> WINDOWS -> system32 -> drivers. So i remembered, that the support dvd-rom which is attached in the package should help me. Okay, with the support dvd-rom i installed the ACPI driver again, but the hotkey-buttons work still not. What to do?
Find "acpi.sys" on the driver disc and copy it to the driver folder in your system32 directory. It may be in a cab file or an executable file, in which case you'll have to open those files with a program like 7-zip (http://7-zip.org/) and extract it manually. After you've done that, restart your computer. If it's still not working, try disabling and re-enabling the driver in the device manager.

TERRA#493
June 4th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Thank you so very much - it worked!

(I deinstalled "asus.sys" from system32 -> drivers and "Asus ACPI Driver" from Software. Then i restarted the PC, and then i installed the ACPI driver from the Support CD. And now, all hotkeys work again.)

TERRA#493
June 5th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Very dubious problem. Sometimes my Eee PC 1000H don't boot up... it appears no message or other sign... what to do? I guess defective power supply .. sounds not good .. but what to do?

Zet
June 5th, 2009, 05:10 AM
It's best to keep your old thread alive and post another problem instead of making another thread

Gerri Shin
June 5th, 2009, 07:38 AM
it could be either a failing power supply or a failing hard disk. In any case the next time you can get it to boot up I would try backing up as many files as your can from it.
After that, assuming the computer is still under warranty, I would call the 800 number for the manufacturer and see if they will help you out by either issuing you a new unit or allowing you to ship it to them for testing and repair. (If you bought it at some place like Best Buy or a similar electronics store within the last month I would try to see if they will swap you a new one for this defective one.)