PDA

View Full Version : SD Card

Ru-Kun
June 3rd, 2009, 03:03 PM
Okay I am going to get a Nintendo DSi soon, but I was wondering about getting an sd card. So what is a good sd card to get?

Apple Inc.
June 3rd, 2009, 03:15 PM
Well I use PNY because that's what I have always used and they Have yet to fail me. My friend had a Sandisk and he got a lot of good footage on it then it got corrupted. So PNY is what I would get if I were you. I have no experience with the DSi so I can't recommend a size for you. Sorry.

Ru-Kun
June 3rd, 2009, 03:17 PM
Well how many GB's would be good?

Eureka1
June 3rd, 2009, 04:21 PM
Seriously, buy based on how much music you want on your DSi then tack on a few GB for photos you take, maybe.

Not that much difference in price between a 1GB and 4GB now.

Captain Fabio
June 3rd, 2009, 05:04 PM
Uhhh...
There aren't that many SD cards out there that warrant a thread. I don't think...
Any way, who am I to decide.

Depending on how much you are going to use this memory, will be the best judge of memory.
If you are going to dump a lot of songs on there, then getting a large GB SD card would be good.

I am not sure on the prices, but I am nearly sure that you can get SD cards rather cheap, even 4GB+ capacity's.

If I were to buy a DSi, which I won't, I would get a 4GB+.

*If I don't use it, I will have a lot of space for the future.
*If I do use it, then it is a good idea I got a big memory capacity.

We can advise you on what we think, but at the end of the day, it will decide on how much you will use it and what EXACTLY you will use it for.

On the make front, I find that SanDisk are a good make.
I have a lot of their cards, (SD, XD, CF) and they work fine =]

Hope this helps.

Eon-Rider
June 4th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Any generic SD card would work fine. I recommend getting one at least 2 GB or more. If you are going to use your DS as a music player, which I don't recommend unless you're using a homebrew music player, you might want to get one slightly bigger.

I, myself, have a 4GB one in my DSi.

SpiderCarnage
June 4th, 2009, 02:39 AM
well i got a dsi & i use a 2 gig kingston card it fit but the only reason you'll really use it for is photos & the camera kinda sucks only 3 megapixels

Glitchfinder
June 4th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I work in a retail location, and from my personal experience, as well as that of customers, the best brands are Sandisk and Lexar. In fact, Sandisk, a company whose entire existence, including their name, is based around the fact that they make data storage that does not use a disk (Sans Disk), is a very good bet. Lexar is pretty good as well. As to size, you can easily get a 16GB SD card, and some places even have 32GB SD cards. (Those ones are exceptionally hard to find right now, but in a few months, not so. Just wait)

Eureka1
June 4th, 2009, 04:53 PM
well i got a dsi & i use a 2 gig kingston card it fit but the only reason you'll really use it for is photos & the camera kinda sucks only 3 megapixels

It's 1.3 MP I believe.

3 MP is a decent resolution, having crap camera components is it's downfall.

TERRA#493
June 8th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Best SD Cards should be either SanDisk or Kingston. Currently i'm using microSD Card from SanDisk. No problems till now.

Eon-Rider
June 9th, 2009, 04:51 AM
It's 1.3 MP I believe.

3 MP is a decent resolution, having crap camera components is it's downfall.

Actually it's 0.3. The camera is meant for casual photos and certain games which is why Nintendo didn't give it the best lenses and everything I believe.

Mitchman
June 9th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Actually the camera has nothing to do with the lens but the camera sensor and such. You could easily fit one in that top screen but hey whatever. Anyway a .3MP picture doesn't take up a lot of space actually like what a few 200-400 kilobytes? So if you like lots of pictures and music(a whole disc of music is say 700MB if i-tunes does not compress the music files data. I say itunes cause it is the best solution to get .aac audio files onto your ds SD card for audio playback files) your best bet would be 4GB or higher or if you can afford it go for a HCSD which goes up to 32GB. Hope I helped.