PDA

View Full Version : Naming Hackmon

~Magnus~
June 6th, 2009, 01:42 AM
How does everyone make up the names for Hacked Pokemon? Anything will help right now...I never see creative names like the first gen had (Horse + Sea = Horsea, a horse from the sea) which is clever

Satoshi Ookami
June 6th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Maybe they check how sprite looks and then something will pop up in their minds

Pekin
June 6th, 2009, 02:36 AM
When I make up names for my hacked Pokémon, I usually take a few words, that's got something to do with the Pokémon, I've "created", in one way or another. To give a few examples:

"Dolphreeze", a dual-type Water/Ice Pokémon based on a dolphin. (Dolphin + Freeze)
"Chimtsu", a dual-type Normal/Fighting Pokémon based on a Chimpanzee. (Chimpanzee + Ninjutsu)
"Canbur", a Fire-type Pokémon based on a candle. (Candle + Burn)
"Psyclord", a dual-type Ghost/Psychic Pokémon based on a sort of cyclops. (Psychic + Cyclops + Lord)

Alec_
June 6th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Naming them is based on their Type/Culture/Nature and Origin. It depends on it.

~Fairytales.

Superjub
June 7th, 2009, 10:20 AM
It depends on what it is based on. For example, I made a Electric Eel Pokemon and named it Eelock (Eel + Shock.) So yeah, for me, it depends on what it's based on. XD

Shasjas
June 7th, 2009, 11:29 AM
think of some words to do with its type, appearance, nature
and sort of put them together

Zwölf
March 17th, 2012, 12:33 PM
not sure about this one . hmm maybe you could do some language translations to make it authentic

Timbjerr
March 17th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I like to find scientific or archaic words related to the fakemon's basis and make a simple portmanteau with another word that relates to its typing or abilities.

Of the fakemon names I've created in my mind, my favorite is "Capcinerate", a portmanteau of "capsicum" and "incinerate" for a fire/grass jalapeno pokemon.

AvoKitty
March 17th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I'd probably name them based on their base pokemon what they do/type:
scarangoo: Kangaroo + Scary(ghost)

Oryx
March 18th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Yeah pretty sure the thread maker doesn't need naming help anymore. ;x

http://i.imgur.com/cdZ5Y.png