PDA

View Full Version : ROM Hacking Newsletter

hashtag
June 7th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Jake, you're fat and ugly. Stop reading this thread.

MegaMaccer
June 7th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Yay! First post :D
It looks great. Awesome job guys. Its a very pleasing thread to look at, and very informative. Keep it up :D

Chibi Robo
June 7th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Looks great goodies love the CSS style you put together but where is the tricks and tips Section?
Ill change the RHS banner because It doesn't look to good with a white backround.
Anyways overall good job.

Tyrantrum
June 7th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Finally, a newsletter! :D
I've been waiting to see this for a while, good job, guys~ ;D

Vrai
June 7th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Looks great goodies love the CSS style you put together but where is the tricks and tips Section?

I don't think we got any tips and tricks from anyone. And Raikou-san is the guy who compiled the CSS; props to him.

I think there's a few things we need to change still (like getting some sort of separate CSS for the second opinions, so they stand out), but it wasn't half bad, for our opener.

..we also forgot a closing section. *headdesk*

.Seth
June 7th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Nice job on RHN, guys! And thanks for crediting me with the CSS compiling. :D

BlitŻ
June 7th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Nice job, and i really agree with Raikou-san's opinion on learning how to script

Hiche..
June 7th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Very nice presentation; I like the CSS design. Both interviews were fun to read.

I hope to see more of this, and good luck to all. xD

Surf
June 8th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Urgh, I have to rip this to shreds.
Well, I'm sorry to say this, but I don't think that this is the best issue I've read.
The only part that I liked was the interview with Seth.
The reviews didn't flow at all, they just seemed to stop and start.
Some grammar and spelling mistakes here and there.
Remember, I can correct it!
And Harry, I wouldn't call Melon an adept scripter, more a competent scripter.
And:
Before Turquoise he was a very good mapper, but throughout the creation of Turquoise he has become a very adept scripter.
It should be "He has also become a very competent scripter."
Mac, you shouldn't break the review down into different sections, it should all flow as one or two paragraphs.
HFI, you shouldn't use abreviations in articles, they look sloppy; like you don't care.
And:
Anyways I probably should give some C+C now the storyline instead of Team Galactic is regrouping
That whole part didn't make sense, you have to proof read your work every time or people won't understand what you're trying to say.
Atlus, yours was alright, but the second paragraph kind of stopped the review, then after that it picked up.
Come on guys, you're better than this!
Step it up next issue and I bet it will be great!

Chimchar 9
June 8th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Urgh, I have to rip this to shreds.
Well, I'm sorry to say this, but I don't think that this is the best issue I've read.
The only part that I liked was the review with Seth.
The reviews didn't flow at all, they just seemed to stop and start.
Some grammar and spelling mistakes here and there.
Remember, I can correct it!
And Harry, I wouldn't call Melon an adept scripter, more a competent scripter.
And:

It should be "He has also become a very competent scripter."
Mac, you shouldn't break the review down into different sections, it should all flow as one or two paragraphs.
HFI, you shouldn't use abreviations in articles, they look sloppy; like you don't care.
And:

That whole part didn't make sense, you have to proof read your work every time or people won't understand what you're trying to say.
Atlus, yours was alright, but the second paragraph kind of stopped the review, then after that it picked up.
Step it up next issue and I bet it will be great!Well you don't really need it perfect, do you?
Unless your M.r Prefect, which you ARE! :P

Anywayz the newsletter was really good to read, and i enjoyed it quite alot!:)
Good work!
And em keep it up.;)

Vrai
June 8th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Step it up next issue and I bet it will be great!

Those words are probably the words we needed most; thanks for that.

.Seth
June 8th, 2009, 08:30 PM
He's right. I'll try to incorporate some better CSS next time. ;D That really wasn't very well. I rushed a lot. Ahehe... ^^'

Vrai
June 9th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Graahh.. we also forgot the Hacking News section, which is definitely the most important part.

So, for next time, we need to include.. a) a conclusion, b) tips & tricks and c) Hacking News.

On that note, if anyone has any news they want to share (whether it's about your hack, a new tool you're making, etc.), then send it to myself or Goodies. :D

Thrace
June 9th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Why don't you guys try something a bit different? Newsletters are getting boring IMO. Why not do something like a podcast? You could, for example, include things like live discussions/debates and group reviews of hacks.

Chibi Robo
June 9th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Why don't you guys try something a bit different? Newsletters are getting boring IMO. Why not do something like a podcast? You could, for example, include things like live discussions/debates and group reviews of hacks.
nice idea thrace I kinda had a idea for live reviews too...

Tyrantrum
June 9th, 2009, 07:53 PM
By that, do you mean, a video?

.Seth
June 9th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Hmm... I might could hook us up with a podcast, but how would we do the actual podcast?

Thrace
June 10th, 2009, 01:34 AM
By that, do you mean, a video?
No just audio. Video would be awkward (because of the different locations) and would make it too big to download.

Hmm... I might could hook us up with a podcast, but how would we do the actual podcast?
I'm not sure tbh. You can record it with Skype and then I guess register on iTunes.

hashtag
June 10th, 2009, 06:51 AM
That is a very good idea. Well, both naoi. and Rakiou-San have now come to me with an idea like that. So, we could have something original very soon ;)