PDA

View Full Version : Your fave computer brand?

Snivi
June 8th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Do you have a computer brand that you stick with?

I love HP =3

Gerri Shin
June 8th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Oh yes, I use Apple computers as they are my favourite, though If I absolutely have to use a brand name that exclusively installs Windows on their machines, I'd have to choose HP or Gateway.

twocows
June 8th, 2009, 10:41 PM
I have never encountered a brand I have grown to like so much as Asus. I've been dealing with people using Dells and HPs for so long that I almost forgot how a good computer company does business. My Asus laptop is powerful and fast, and even after accidentally sticking a magnet to the computer it still works perfectly. I haven't had any need to use their support, so I can't vouch for that, but if they run their support the way they make their computers, I'm sure I'd be pleased.

Camisado
June 8th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Well, I do now swear by my Macs.

I find Dell, at work, very good for customer service (given that we're a large government authority with a Dell contract, though I understand they're not fantastic with home users) and they rarely go wrong, and the newer models of Optiplex PCs and Latitude laptops are looking nicer and nicer, though I've never liked a lot of the personal laptops.

Other than that our home PC is Advent (made by PC World), which is three years old and has only once had anything wrong with it - a hard disk failure. Luckily we got it repaired for free by the people I used to work for. I know PC World don't have much of a good reputation for PCs but mine seems to have been fine! xD

Otherwise, yes, I suppose HP like everyone else has said, although I still don't like pretty much any laptop designs outside Apple. I don't know why.

Zet
June 8th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I find IBM to be top quality and never having any hardware issues or conflicts with the machine itself

Cherrim
June 9th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Anything but HP.

Haven't tried out enough to have favourites but I despise HP with every fibre of my being. :>

.little monster
June 10th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Dell is my favorite, I have used Dell computers before, better than the rest I have used.

machinegun777
June 11th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Right now, I use Dell. But I don't really have a favorite computer brand, they're all the same to me.

pkmnhippy
June 11th, 2009, 04:44 AM
I perfer custom made computers.

WidowMaker
June 11th, 2009, 05:01 AM
My two Sony Vaio's have been some of the greatest computers I've owned. Nothing ever goes wrong with them, and the construction is solid as hell.

Eureka1
June 11th, 2009, 10:00 AM
HP probably.

I make my own though.

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 11th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I guess I would be a HP lover, but I think the next computer that I get will definitely be a Mac since I haven't been pleased with my new HP.

Pazuzu
June 11th, 2009, 10:53 AM
but if we ever went back to Windows, we would only use IBMs.

Good luck with that, as IBM is now putting their main focus on corporate server systems and sold their client brands to Lenovo, which is a horrible quality btw.

I don't really have a fable for brand computers. I like to build my own. But I'm pretty pleased with our Dell computers at work, so if I'd have to choose, it'd probably be a Dell.

Rukario
June 11th, 2009, 10:59 AM
for premade/custom ordered I'd have to pick Dell..

Usually though I build my own.. so I guess the brand would be "PPN" lol

Giraffes? Giraffes!
June 11th, 2009, 12:11 PM
My laptop is Dell custom ordered directly from their site. So i basically got what i wanted. So that is who i would pick to. The only thing Dell needs to improve on is their customer service.

lolwut
June 11th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I'm deffinetly a Mac lover

*Nayz*
June 11th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I've only had one laptop (the one I'm using now) and its a Dell. I had so many problems with it within the first few months. You spend a million years on the phone with someone you can't understand, which is really annoying. I had to send it back 3-4 times for repairs. After the last repair its been working okay for the most part. I can't afford another laptop at the moment so I have to just deal with what I have. If I were able to get another I think I'd go with Hp.

Lucy Lu
June 12th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I prefer Dell because that is what I am using at this point. And everyone uses Dell at work and places I go to. But I think when I get a laptop and a new tower. I am going to see if I can use HP. I heard they are pretty good as well.

icebitedragon
June 12th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I used Dell, but now I have an HP and I like it.

蜃気楼
June 12th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I don't care about brands. I look at the features and the familiarity.

♣Gawain♣
June 12th, 2009, 06:05 PM
HP. 'Cause that's what I'm using right now.

seeker
June 12th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Simply Sony Vaio because it's top rate and it's processing abilities are so unbelievably fast!
Not to mention mine has 1080 full HD :D

Asa
June 12th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I preferably like HP,have used others such as Mac and Linux not my favorites really.

Revise Librarian
June 20th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Acer Aspire. It's really reliable. =D

Poke'Master24
June 20th, 2009, 11:28 AM
I go with Apple. I've had my black macbook for an year now. I'm still pretty pleased with it. It's given me a decent time.

Dreadnought
June 20th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Toshiba definitely, the best customer service, and their laptops have lasted me 6+ years and still running strong. Toshiba has always been the laptop brand that i preferred, though i do like apple and hope to get a Macbook soon in the future.

XxDawnfanxX
June 21st, 2009, 10:01 AM
Right now I have the latest dell PC and it has worked very well for me thus far, and I have a campaq laptop. I believe for graduation I am getting a MacBook Air though, they are so nice! I love Apple's new macs. They are certainly different then PC, but have very cool features and programs.

幕之内 一歩
June 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM
Gotta tell ya, I don't really have one. I normally have my friends help me build a computer and it'd be comprised of many various parts. So long as I got a computer that can run top end games, I'm good to go :P

.Seth
June 21st, 2009, 01:02 PM
Toshiba is alright, though the hard disk went bad, (Although me smacking where it is in the computer probably wasn't the best of ideas either... :P). I've had this old IBM (my backup) for over 4 years. Only two hard disk failures and counting.

I do hope to get a MacBook Pro soon, though. Apple is top quality by my standards.

Nemaru
June 21st, 2009, 02:24 PM
I like Toshiba and Dell because of quality and performance, but Alienware is such a monster. They never overheat and run great, plus the best graphics anywhere, but they always bug up after a couple months. =/ A family friend of my mom's is a Computer fixer/builder, so we usually get crazy discounts when we have him fix/build a computor. =O

Eureka1
June 22nd, 2009, 04:05 PM
but Alienware is such a monster. They never overheat and run great, plus the best graphics anywhere, but they always bug up after a couple months.

Alienware is Dell.

Such high praise too, I bet I could make one overheat. ;)

liketoys0000
June 22nd, 2009, 06:27 PM
I like Toshiba, i am using a Toshiba Satellite A355S6940 16" Intel Core 2 Duo Notebook laptop, it is a great notebook for both the business professional and student alike. It's fast Intel 2 core processor, along with the 4gb of ram, make it ideal for multimedia processing. Not to mention that a large amount of space on the hard drive which is great storage!

s0nido
June 22nd, 2009, 08:18 PM
I've tried Mac, Dell, HP, Toshiba, Optima and Asus, and I like them all except Optima. I would get myself a Mac, but they're really expensive and I wouldn't be able to play SimCity 4 on it, would I?

Right now, I love the Dell Studio Series, so I guess that Dell wold be my favourite computer brand for now.

Arcanine
June 22nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't say I have a favorite at this point in time... But my old laptop just died (the motherboard went out for the second time in a year), and that was an HP. It lasted me a good while.. But I thought I'd give up my pretty penny and go with one of the new Sony Vaio CS. And so far I love it. Does everything I need it to do and more.

AiirRaven
June 23rd, 2009, 01:30 PM
I would choose Dell :P
i dont know why i perfer it for some reason..
ive notice.. in skewl no body has a Toshiba except my asian teachers o.o