PDA

View Full Version : Google or Bing?

machinegun777
June 9th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Which do you think is better? My Dad seems to like the Bing search engine a lot more than Google, although I can't really see a difference. I just stick with Google.

Alinthea
June 9th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Put it this way...
I have never heard of Bing until this moment in time.

Gerri Shin
June 9th, 2009, 05:55 PM
I use google, I've tried bing, but it's too flashy, I'll stick with the minimalistic, "I'm here to search for thing, not ogle some new photo background" search engine that delivers results.

Lucy Lu
June 9th, 2009, 11:50 PM
I never heard of Bing before. I always stick to Google because it is the best search engine hands down. I will check out Bing to see how it is though.

Satoshi Ookami
June 10th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Never heard of Bing too so Google in my opinion

Alinthea
June 10th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Gave "Bing" A try last night and it didn't stand out.

Google FTW

deliriouspurple
June 10th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Bing? Never really heard of it before...only today .O. So Google for me!

Glitchfinder
June 10th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Well, I've heard of Bing before, but never liked it. It's Microsoft's latest attempt to grab some market share in the search engine market, but I think they're trying too hard to make themselves stand out.

Shadow
June 10th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Bing is already getting in some mess about blocking certain search terms in some countries.

So I use Google. I need to find those 'offensive' search terms. For things.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
June 10th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I mostly use scour or toadtastic :D

Mitchman
June 10th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Chanandler Bong is worse then Google imo.

Cassino
June 10th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Otherwise known as Windows Live Search or MSN Search, it's actually been around since forever.

What I've found is that Google has trouble finding unpopular things, while Yahoo is good at finding those. MSN Search doesn't get along with my browser but does yield alternative and good results like Yahoo does. I mostly use Google since it's the default on my toolbar search field and is the most all round competent but I certainly don't abhor or disregard other engines like a lot of people seem to.

processr
June 10th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Let's put it like this: when I first heard about the rebranding of Live Search to Bing a couple of weeks ago, do you know what my first instinct was? I Googled "Bing".

Yeah... Sorta sums it up. I prefer the clean minimalism of Google (though I think it's gotten further from this in recent months, what with all that iGoogle rubbish) to the layout of Bing.

Glitchfinder
June 10th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Let's put it like this: when I first heard about the rebranding of Live Search to Bing a couple of weeks ago, do you know what my first instinct was? I Googled "Bing".

Yeah... Sorta sums it up. I prefer the clean minimalism of Google (though I think it's gotten further from this in recent months, what with all that iGoogle rubbish) to the layout of Bing.

Actually, iGoogle has been around for over a year. In fact, I think it was actually released shortly after Gmail. Whatever the case, Google and every other search provider that offers service in China is required, by Chinese law, to block certain search terms and to hand over data regarding them. (In response to an earlier post)

Serene Grace
June 10th, 2009, 10:42 AM
I've never even heard of Bing until you mentioned it here.

Google is just too popular and I can bet you anyone who has a computer will have/frequently visits google.

processr
June 10th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Actually, iGoogle has been around for over a year. In fact, I think it was actually released shortly after Gmail.

I know that. I just think that recently it's been promoted more, to the point where it's almost as if it's being shoved in our faces. The same is done with Google Chrome. :(

Glitchfinder
June 10th, 2009, 11:27 AM
I know that. I just think that recently it's been promoted more, to the point where it's almost as if it's being shoved in our faces. The same is done with Google Chrome. :(

True. Youtube is certainly promoting it. I still find if interesting that when Google Video didn't pan out, Google bought Youtube. Because of that, Google now owns the top most visited domain in the world, along with the third most visited domain in the world. (Google.com and Youtube.com, respectively)

Kazukii
June 10th, 2009, 11:28 AM
I havn't even heard of the bing.. Google all the way I suppost :D

Classical Insect
June 10th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Bing looks like Ask.com, imo.

So I'm going with Google.

Vie
June 10th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I'd say google. because google is my friend. :3
NO ONE BEATS GOOGLE.

Cassino
June 10th, 2009, 02:38 PM

Yeah... Sorta sums it up.
Well no, you can't Bing for Bing without knowing the URL, so have to use something else to find out what it is.

processr
June 10th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Well no, you can't Bing for Bing without knowing the URL, so have to use something else to find out what it is.

...As opposed to simply typing it into my URL bar, where it should redirect me to the site. The point was that my use of Google is so instinctive that it seems highly unlikely that I'll switch.

Rukario
June 10th, 2009, 06:22 PM
bing has major malware issues (including taking over browser search options) and really is just a rename of M$'s live search which is a rename of the MSN search.. etc.

Google all the way (and the ONLY way)

Cherrim
June 10th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Bing seems to think I'm from the UK since I can filter my searches by "show all" and "only from the United Kingdom". Hm.

Anyway, I stick with google for most searches but I've actually switched my main image search engine over to Bing for a while--it's a lot better than Google Images. :B

Saltare.
June 11th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Goooooooooooooooogle

Google is awesome, in my opinion. What the hell is Bing anyway?

templekeeper
June 11th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Put it this way...
I have never heard of Bing until this moment in time.

^that

I tried it, and the interface isn't that great. The link to MSN bugs me. I searched chair on both. Bing is simpler because, although both Google and it found the Wiki article first, its second hit is chair.com. That's indicative of simplicity if you ask me...

Doodles forever!

Graceful
June 12th, 2009, 07:32 AM
'Bing'? is that a illness? lol
Well I use google,will do and always!

The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
July 10th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Nah,i like Google.Its the best search engine...

Archer
July 10th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I really think you should mention in the OP that Bing is "Live/MSN Search" I like how they try to pretend it's not a Microsoft product. I personally preferred Live Search to Bing, but I'll stick with Google for the time being.

Hell, Google is so widely used, I've heard some people use the term interchangeably with Internet. Obviously, they have no idea what they're doing, but still...

Ayano Hana
July 10th, 2009, 10:18 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Bing, so obviously I'll choose Google.

derozio
July 11th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Just to put it simply:GOOGLE!

Melody
July 11th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Google ftw man! It's big, it's simplistic, it's been around for a long time and it's RELIABLE!

$5 says Bing will fade and die within a decade!!!

Ayano Katagiri
July 11th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Definitely Google. You say "Google it" and not "Yahoo it". xD

^ I still feel the same way, even though that was another poll. Google is still the main search engine I use, Bing.. I started hearing about it last month, but I can't be bothered changing. And all my browsers have Google as their default.

Guillermo
July 11th, 2009, 07:29 PM
What the hell is Bing? Google for me.

Eon-Rider
July 11th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Bing is the new MSN search engine correct? I think I looked at it about two weeks ago and have been using Google still.

Ziraider
July 13th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I'm down for google, never used bing or any other search engine for that matter.

(http://download.cnet.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10401314.html)

.little monster
July 13th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Bing is Microsofts new search engine. Just saying.

I use Google, Bing bugged me.

machinegun777
July 16th, 2009, 06:09 AM
For those of you who don't know what bing is:

v/6jMt6saTqq4

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 17th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I would have to go with google because I never tried bing before and it sounds pretty stupid

:t354:TG

2A4Rulez
July 28th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Google FTW
FILLERFILLERFILLER

Lie Ren
July 28th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Bing is pointless.. :/ All it does it link you to Google/Yahoo/Ask results.. might as just use one of those sites to start with. Bing didn't need to be invented, in my opinion.

Falcon Wing
July 28th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Google. Bing got OWNED! Nothing can top Google