PDA

View Full Version : Mewtwo vs Darkrai?

mattattack
June 9th, 2009, 05:53 PM
This is a battle I would actually love to see. Two darkened hearts ready to fight to the death. So which one would YOU pick? Darkrai or Mewtwo?

Gymnotide
June 9th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Darkrai wins due to typing and Dark Void.

mattattack
June 9th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Remember my friend its not always the type that matters. Example: Onix vs Pikachu

Gymnotide
June 9th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Except Electric-type attacks don't work on Ground-types.

Zorua
June 9th, 2009, 06:06 PM

And the fact that anime=! games.

Andcetera
June 9th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Darkrai,obviously
Psychic types are weak to dark , unless the mewtwo here has fighting type moves >_>

mattattack
June 9th, 2009, 06:10 PM
still...though mewtwo could pull out a bug type move maybe or an a arua sphere!

Zorua
June 9th, 2009, 06:12 PM
How much could mewtwo even do with a bug type move? Signal Beam? I doubt that's ever going to OHKO Darkrai, especially since no STAB is gained from it whatsoever.

Aura sphere is a maybe/not really, but I believe Darkrai is faster, which makes it gain the upper hand on this battle.

mattattack
June 9th, 2009, 06:14 PM
well if a starly can beat a arceus so can mewtwo beat darkrai hmmm?

Prototype Omega
June 9th, 2009, 06:16 PM
If we're talking about the show, I'd have to go with Mewtwo, hands down. If we're talking about the game, it'd depend really. If Darkrai went for say Dark Void and missed, Mewtwo could possibly own it with Focus Blast. It's pretty much a toss up in the game, but I'm sticking to Mewtwo.

Zorua
June 9th, 2009, 06:21 PM
well if a starly can beat a arceus so can mewtwo beat darkrai hmmm?

I stopped right there.

I'm curious as to know where you got that from?

mattattack
June 9th, 2009, 06:39 PM
a starly with focus sash arcues attacks it starly uses endeavor, then starly uses quick attack

SytheXP
June 9th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I want to Know about the starly vs arceus thing as well. Also my vote goes to Darkrai.

1. Hes beastly awesome
2. Mewtwos psychic atks are useless and has few other cards in his hands (maybe metronome or focus blast)
3. Darkvoid+Nightmare+Dreameater=OWNT
4. Or darkrai could use Shadowball/darkpulse

They are both powerful but what used to be powerfull hardly compares to power now. I remember when Alakazam used to own everything and now its easy to dispatch.

ShadowSkitty94
June 9th, 2009, 06:47 PM
It's a tough call.

Darkrai is a Dark Type.

Well, just remember Psychic moves are ineffective against Dark types. Mewtwo can learn some fighting moves right? Well, if you pit DarkRai with a moveset of Dark Void, Dark Pulse, Ominous Wind and Focus Punch, ( I made up this moveset so don't intend on using it.) Against Mewtwo with a moveset of Aura Sphere, Psychic, Psycho Cut and another move. ( Again, made this up. Don't use it if you really want to.)

Being, Mewtwo is a Psychic. And it's super effective against Bug, Dark, and Ghost. While Darkrai is super effective against Bug and Fighting.

Darkrai would win, unless if Mewtwo hits it with Aura Sphere.

This might not be an accurate explaination but it's from what I know.

KnilShadowLink
June 9th, 2009, 07:09 PM
This is a tough one...Darkrai is one of the few (If not the only) 4th Generation Legendary I actually like...but Mewtwo is one of the original 151 so in terms of liking one of the two I'd take Mewtwo, but in game Darkrai would have a much easier time defeting Mewtwo (I'm not saying a Mewtwo couldn't beat a Darkrai, I'm just saying it would be difficult)

Pokémon Professor
June 9th, 2009, 07:10 PM

What if your Pikachu knows the move Surf?

Darkrai,obviously
Psychic types are weak to dark , unless the mewtwo here has fighting type moves >_>

In today's world of Pokémon, a Pokémon's type isn't just the match decider. Their move set and ability play a big part.

How much could mewtwo even do with a bug type move? Signal Beam? I doubt that's ever going to OHKO Darkrai, especially since no STAB is gained from it whatsoever.

Although the Signal Beam's attack power is 75, there's a 10% chance it can confuse the opponent. But you wouldn't want to rely on that alone.

Resource(s):
Bulbapedia /Pikachu_(Pokémon)
Bulbapedia /Mewtwo_(Pokémon)
Bulbapedia /Signal_Beam_(move)

(Can't post links due to post count.)

Gymnotide
June 9th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Mewtwo is just barely faster than Darkrai.

a starly with focus sash arcues attacks it starly uses endeavor, then starly uses quick attack

This is actually not true since Arceus has Extremespeed.
1. Arceus uses Extremespeed and Starly is left at 1HP.
2. Starly uses Endeavor and leaves Arceus at 1HP.
3. Arceus uses Extremespeed and BEATS Starly's Quick Attack to the draw.

Haza
June 10th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Mewtwo ofcourse. Id much rather see Mewtwo face off against Arceus though.

El Gofre
June 10th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Mewtwo is just barely faster than Darkrai.

Regardless, he's still faster. I've just done some damage calcs, and mewtwo with a neutral nature and 0 SpAtt EVs will do a minimum of 74% to darkrai with aura sphere. Strap on a life orb and he does a minimum of 97%, a OHKO if darkrai experiences any level of entry hazard or weather damage at all. Of course that would never happen, as mewtwo will be almost always be found running max SpAtt and will KO darkrai several times over. Mewtwo's defences are also better than darkrais, and is able to switch in on a 252SpAtt@Timid spacial rend and in the best case scenario (For mewtwo, not darkrai), not even be 3HKO'd. From here does what we started discussing- outspeed and screw over with aura sphere.

Alec_
June 10th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Darkrai would really win this match. Because of the ability. It depends on how much they're power can do. the speed. the hp. and the strength. Also it depends on the luck :3.

~Fairytales.

♣Gawain♣
June 10th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Mewtwo can learn a variety of moves and has a higher Sp. Attack, Darkrai has the Speed and craftiness. I don't know who will win...

©ereal Killer
June 10th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Darkrai baby!! Its dark type and dark type owns! Well to me it does...

Dark void + dark pulse = *sigh* awesomeness

Satoshi Ookami
June 10th, 2009, 04:52 AM
In anime might Mewtwo won but in game without Miracle Eye he hasn't chance
I vote for Darkrai

drunk ¬_¬
June 10th, 2009, 10:09 AM
i'll be vane, and go for aesthetics...

darkrai looks like ****... period.

mewtwo owns, and is part of the generation that is STILL the pillar which holds pokemon so high...

Gen 1 > Gen 2 > Gen 3 + Gen 4 (BTW Gen 3 > Gen 4)

msdmario
June 10th, 2009, 10:21 AM
In anime might Mewtwo won but in game without Miracle Eye he hasn't chance
I vote for Darkrai

Why on earth would you need Miracle Eye and waste a valuable turn when you could easily use Aura Sphere which is super effective? It would almost OHKO it as El Gofre already pointed out and it makes Mewtwo the clear winner in the fight.

Satoshi Ookami
June 10th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Why on earth would you need Miracle Eye and waste a valuable turn when you could easily use Aura Sphere which is super effective? It would almost OHKO it as El Gofre already pointed out and it makes Mewtwo the clear winner in the fight.
Yeah I forgot... you're right but I don't know if someone has Aura Sphere in Mewtwo's moveset because as I said Dark advantage could be ended by Miracle Eye but you're right Aura Sphere is better way

CyanideEspeon
June 10th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Mewtwo, but I like both of them a lot.

Ayselipera
June 10th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Well Darkrai would win since Psychic moves
are uneffective against against Dark types and
Dark moves are strong against Psychic pokemon.
Still, I would rather want Mewtwo to win only b.c
I saw the first movie =)

wolf
June 10th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Mewtwo, outruns and OHKOs with Aura Sphere, if Darkrai is a lead, and Mewtwo is a lead, then Darkrai could have a Focus Sash, survive, Dark Void, and then proceed to Nasty Plot and sweep.

Elena
June 10th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Mewtwo wins. It has a whole lot to do with the fact that he is a first gen legendary. And they are the coolest.
The fourth gen legendarys don't even look like anything realistic -_- Darkrai looks like a dark wavy cloth with hands, as apposed to Mewtwo looking like a humanoid.

kingofjokers
June 10th, 2009, 05:04 PM
lets compare shall we

darkria

Base HP.....Base Attack.............Base Defense....Base Sp. Attack.......Base Sp. Defense.. ..Base Speed
70.................... 90....................... 90....................135 .................90......................125
Max HP........Max Attack........Max Defense.........Max Sp. Attack...Max Sp. Defense...Max Speed
344................279...................279......................369... ............... 279.................349

mewtwo

Base HP.......ase Attack......Base Defense .........Base Sp. Attack......Base Sp. Defense...Base Speed
106...............110.....................90........................154.................90....................130
Max HP......Max Attack.....Max Defense....Max Sp. Attack....Max Sp. Defense.....Max Speed
416.....................319 .......279.....................407....................279.............. 359

hope you can read that but stat wise mewtwo wins but darkria does have the type advantage from my point of view i say if they play thier card right this is a tied up match

Saltare.
June 11th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Darkrai.

Type- DARK(Dark pwns Psychic)

Moves: Dark Void, Dream Eater, and if you had the Darkrai from the events Roar of Time, and Spacial Rend.

Yuoaman
June 11th, 2009, 08:28 AM
It would definitely be a close match, but I believe that Darkrai's type advantage would prevail over Mewtwo's superior stats.

Giraffes? Giraffes!
June 11th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Well it seems we are 50/50 now. I voted for Darkrai because of Dark void and if that gets in, like WolFLARE said. But anime wise i really don't know. I'd say it would be pretty even but i'd think Mewtwo would win.

NoMasterBallsNeeded4Legends
June 11th, 2009, 03:25 PM
darkrai
a)its fastest dark type (besides weavil)
b)mewtwo's psychic based moves arent effective
c)darkrai is cooler ^_^
as for anime, prob. mewtwo, cuz if a cresselia could pwn him, im sure as hell a mewtwo could pwn him

Mōnštȝr¿
June 11th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Mewtwo FTW!
Screw Sinnoh....
I hate that Gen the most... :p

Wings Don't Cry
June 11th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Well I have to say it can depend on the levels since no Aura Sphere until lvl 100

Azonic
June 12th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Darkrai wins with Psychic immunity + Dark Void + STAB / supereffective.

YellowPen
June 12th, 2009, 06:23 AM
anime wise

who ever is the good guy in the battle
which im guessing mewtwo would be

Winson
June 13th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I've been reading through the posts in this thread and many people thinks that Darkrai wins with Dark Void+Nightmare+Dark Pulse holding Focus Sash. But I can easily make Mewtwo win instead even if Darkrai have those moves and Focus Sash.

Lets say both of them have max stats, which makes Mewtwo faster... *Double-Slap those who thinks Darkrai is faster (Trivia: Double-Slap is a Pokemon move)*

MEWTWO
Move: Aura Sphere
Held Item: Chesto Berry

DARKRAI
Moves: Dark Void, Nightmare, Dark Pulse
Held Item: Focus Sash

MEWTWO WINS!!!
HAH! DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING DIDCHA?!

Anyways, as for in the anime, I go for Mewtwo because I've liked him since the first movie, he is somewhat of an anti-hero, the type of hero I like the most... And also, comparing their powers in both the movies, I'd say Mewtwo can destroy Darkrai til there's nothing left of him, along with the area they battled in.

Prince of Cats
June 15th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Mewtwo all the way baby. Darkrai couldn't touch him with a thousand foot pole.

white lancer
June 15th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Regardless, he's still faster. I've just done some damage calcs, and mewtwo with a neutral nature and 0 SpAtt EVs will do a minimum of 74% to darkrai with aura sphere. Strap on a life orb and he does a minimum of 97%, a OHKO if darkrai experiences any level of entry hazard or weather damage at all. Of course that would never happen, as mewtwo will be almost always be found running max SpAtt and will KO darkrai several times over. Mewtwo's defences are also better than darkrais, and is able to switch in on a 252SpAtt@Timid spacial rend and in the best case scenario (For mewtwo, not darkrai), not even be 3HKO'd. From here does what we started discussing- outspeed and screw over with aura sphere.

/thread.

Mewtwo would also destroy Darkrai in the anime...shoot, nothing could beat Mewtwo in the anime. Plus, Mewtwo's just all around cooler (although it's not tough to be cooler than Darkrai--G4 legendaries are terrible).

ATM the Mudkip
June 16th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Mewtwo's psychic. Darkrais dark. Non of Mewtwos psychic attacks would work, and Darkrai would pwn with shadow ball.. Darkrai wins.

DonRoyale
June 16th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Theoretically, Mewtwo would win based on the fact that it's faster and that 154 SpA > 70/90. It can probably OHKO without Specs.

Though Scarfrai might pose problems, you can also Scarf Mewtwo to deal with this and it'll still probably OHKO.

I'm too lazy to do the calculations lol.

RicanPKMN87
June 16th, 2009, 07:17 PM
mewtwo is suppost to be a clone of mew, who has da dna of every pkmn, hence forth knowin all moves of every type like mew, this is wat i have been lead to believe in the 1st movie and it still hold strong today, except in the game r/b mewtwo didnt learn every move, it couldnt learn like 8 moes or so. if this is true by default mewtwo should win. i vote mewtwo

varial295
June 16th, 2009, 07:27 PM
isnt darkrai a ghost type to?
i mean it would be confusing but maybe metronome would work out good

True Reign
June 16th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Mewtwo is just amazing plus I think he is a stronger version of the strongest Pokemon (am I right?).

So he definitely wins in this fight.

Fire Eagle
June 17th, 2009, 04:35 AM
I would say that Darkrai would win because of its ability and it's moves Dream Eater, Dark Void, Nightmare, and Hypnosis.

Opposite Day
June 17th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Darkrai.

Type- DARK(Dark pwns Psychic)

Moves: Dark Void, Dream Eater, and if you had the Darkrai from the events Roar of Time, and Spacial Rend.

Dark Void = Makes sense, 80% accurate sleep move.
However, Why would you use Dream Eater? 1) Darkrai doesn't get any STAB from it what-so-ever, and 2) Mewtwo is resistant to Psychic moves anyway.
Better off using STAB SE Dark Pulse instead :)

(lol Icy Wind Darkrai w/ Focus Sash wins over Mewtwo)

darkrai
a)its fastest dark type (besides weavil)
b)mewtwo's psychic based moves arent effective
c)darkrai is cooler ^_^
as for anime, prob. mewtwo, cuz if a cresselia could pwn him, im sure as hell a mewtwo could pwn him

a) Mewtwo is still faster :P
b) Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere grant perfect coverage for Mewtwo, no need for it to hit those silly Psychics in the Uber tier with a STAB not very effective Psychic either.
c) Darkrai looks like those dust bunnies behind my bed, apart from that they are a lot prettier and they doesn't look like they've been bled on.

Mewtwo's psychic. Darkrais dark. Non of Mewtwos psychic attacks would work, and Darkrai would pwn with shadow ball.. Darkrai wins.

^ Mewtwo no want Psychic attacks anyway, and why would Darkrai use a SE Shadow Ball when it has a SE Dark Pulse with STAB at hand? The only reason that I can imagine for using that is the 20% chance for a SDef drop..

Rakki-neko
June 17th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Yes yes, I see all the people arguing Psychic immunity. But Most Mewtwo's are Spec'ed or Life orb or scarfed (takes that if Darkrai was scarfed out of the equation). Its Sp. Atk stat is insane. It has plenty of Hp and Defences. It Gains Aura Sphere (never miss, 90 base, Almost indeed a OHKO) and Focus Blast if Aura sphere wasn't enough. Mewtwo wins in Speed, and in Atk. It would especially win is it ran a sub/Calm mind set (takes out any form of Sleep caused by Darkrai), and he could even pull of a Sub-puncher (for all who don't know, that means Substitute into Focus punch) with its 110 base Atk (which I might add is not too shabby). Finally, Darkrai could only do Dark Void if and only if it got lucky with a Quick Claw (which are out lawed thanks to the Hax item clause) or with a Choice Scarf which would mean it would only use Dark void and eventually lose.
Mewtwo wins.
I rest my case.

derozio
June 24th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Mewtwo is faster than darkrai and has much better sp attack .Darkrai has Dark void+Bad Dreams+Other dangerous moves combo but I think that Mewtwo can win. Mewtwo is faster and a lot stronger in every stat than Darkrai(besides the defenses which are equal). If Mewtwo can hit darkrai with a focus blast then darkrai is gone. And even if darkrai's dark void hits, no trainer would bring his mewtwo to fight darkrai without preparations(like the berry that awakens a pokemon that is sleeping). Mewtwo OWNZ!!

SuperBob
June 24th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Mewtwo is better because it's faster than Darkrai and it learns Aura Sphere. If it's EV trained, Darkrai will be dead in a second.

Turke
June 25th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Mewtwo because he owns everything.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 27th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Another Versus, thread. Will they ever end?
I guess not.

But back on topic, to me I like Darkrai more because I'm the type of person that does not like Psychic types and will pick even the worse Pokemon over them

:t354:TG