PDA

View Full Version : Graphics help, PLEASE?!

Alpha King
June 9th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I installed the game "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic" and now I go to play it and it says "insufficient 3d hardware detected, do you wish to continue?" I say yes and the game loads. Now I go to the Undercity part and it freezes somewhere. I think it has something to do with the graphics problem. I had the game analyze my computer and got this:

LucasArts System Report
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Product
Name Star Wars: Empire at War
DirectX
Version 9.0c
d3dx9_30.dll Yes
Display devices
Device Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
TnL No
Pixel shader 2.0
Vertex shader 0.0
Driver igxprd32.dll
Version 6.14.10.4820
VendorId 32902
DeviceId 10690
Memory 128.0 MB
Sound devices
Device Realtek HD Audio output
Driver RtkHDAud.sys
Version 5.10.0000.5408

Of course that is the note after it analyzed but it failed 1 problem with TnL, and I don't know what to do. Is there something I can install? Please help me!

twocows
June 9th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Don't remember a place by that name in KoToR. Specifically, what planet?

You might find this link (http://swforums.bioware.com/viewforum.html?forum=80) helpful.

Alpha King
June 10th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Don't remember a place by that name in KoToR. Specifically, what planet?

You might find this link (http://swforums.bioware.com/viewforum.html?forum=80) helpful.

The planet is Taris, the undercity part of the planet where you look for the Twi'lek Mission Vao and her wookie friend.

Captain Fabio
June 10th, 2009, 07:43 AM
I think the problem is simply you don't have enough graphical power.
I guess you are running it on a laptop if you have a built in graphics chip...

They hardly run anything...

Alpha King
June 10th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I think the problem is simply you don't have enough graphical power.
I guess you are running it on a laptop if you have a built in graphics chip...

They hardly run anything...

No, I'm actually on a desktop, it says something about TnL, but what is that?

Eureka1
June 10th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Texture and Lighting compression. Your desktop must be helluva old to not have it.

Check which graphics card slot your motherboard has available and shove a low end GPU in there and you'll be good to go.

Alpha King
June 10th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Texture and Lighting compression. Your desktop must be helluva old to not have it.

Check which graphics card slot your motherboard has available and shove a low end GPU in there and you'll be good to go.

First of all, I got this desktop last October....
Second, how do I do that?

Eureka1
June 10th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Ah, must be using onboard then.

Pulling the side off of it and taking a picture and posting it here would be fastest in your case.

Captain Fabio
June 11th, 2009, 03:36 AM
It is going to have a recent motherboard!

Who is it made by?
And the best thing to do, like Eureka1 said, post a picture of the tower with the side off...

Alpha King
June 20th, 2009, 08:45 PM
It is going to have a recent motherboard!

Who is it made by?
And the best thing to do, like Eureka1 said, post a picture of the tower with the side off...

Lol, I don't understand what you mean in the picture thing....
It's made by DELL and it is a Windows XP

Extric
June 21st, 2009, 05:48 AM
We need to know your motherboard so that we can suggest a graphics card upgrade. A real simple, easy way without having to open your case is to download Belarc's system checker. Go here (http://www.belarc.com/) and the roll your mouse over the Download section and then click on free download. Save the file and then run it. It will ask you something after you run it, just click yes. It will then analyze your computer specs and once it's done it will open up a window in your browser. Now if you look at the right, there is a second section titled Main Circuit Board. Right under that it lists your board's name. Copy and paste that here.

Captain Fabio
June 21st, 2009, 08:48 AM
Lol, I don't understand what you mean in the picture thing....
It's made by DELL and it is a Windows XP
Remove the side of the case and take a picture of the motherboard.
It is the big board in the computer, if you didn't know.

Chibi-chan
June 21st, 2009, 09:01 AM
You'll have to get a better graphics card or maybe update the one you have. Go to 'Device Manager'>Display Adapters>Your Card and right click and hit update. If it's updated and still wont work, be happy you have a desktop and you can buy another one.

Alpha King
June 21st, 2009, 07:34 PM
You'll have to get a better graphics card or maybe update the one you have. Go to 'Device Manager'>Display Adapters>Your Card and right click and hit update. If it's updated and still wont work, be happy you have a desktop and you can buy another one.

I can't find device manager at all

twocows
June 21st, 2009, 09:48 PM
I can't find device manager at all
Type "devmgmt.msc" in the run dialogue (Windows key + R).

Alpha King
June 22nd, 2009, 04:14 PM
Type "devmgmt.msc" in the run dialogue (Windows key + R).

It still won't work! It says that I'm missing TnL. Can someone tell me what and how to get TnL?

HarrisonH
June 22nd, 2009, 05:35 PM
It still won't work! It says that I'm missing TnL. Can someone tell me what and how to get TnL?

It has already been said. Get a new graphics card. Your computer definitely has a regular PCI slot, so this (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130498) would be your best bet.