PDA

View Full Version : If you could create your own Pokémon type, what would it be?

Snerd
June 10th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Well the title says it all.

Hm...I guess I'd have light. Super effective against dark and ghost, but weak against psychic and normal. :L

Zach.Is.Me.
June 10th, 2009, 11:27 AM
That's an interesting idea.

Off the top of my head, I can only think that there needs to be another type super-effective against dragon types, but I have no idea what it would be.

Ayselipera
June 10th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Light type they would be supereffective against Dark types.

Andcetera
June 10th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Light type they would be supereffective against Dark types.
Or it can be the other way around.

Other then the Light type idea, no other types not made yet come too mind.

AuraAshley
June 10th, 2009, 02:00 PM
iwould create a type known as the Virus type

NoMasterBallsNeeded4Legends
June 10th, 2009, 02:11 PM
how about mystic:
super effective on ghosts, dark, and dragon
not very effected on ground and psychic
super effective from psychic or dragon
not effected at all by normal or fighting
thats my idea

Tatortotts
June 10th, 2009, 02:12 PM
This is a bit off the wall, but a "celestial" type pokemon would be cool.
It has the ability to control the stars and clouds and things like that.

It'd be super-effective against the previously stated light type, psychic, and possibly dragon.
It'd be weak against dark and electric.

Just off the top of my head :P

-Tator

Melodyfree
June 10th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Holy-type, or Light-type.
Super Effective to: Dark (light <-> dark balance and whatnot), Ghost (purification?), Normal (holy being > normal one)
Weak against: Dark (to keep it balanced)
Immune to: Fighting (because fists are really going to stop a holy entity)

Sweet Visions
June 10th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Probably magic. Someone posted "mystic" which is similar and a really cool idea.

June 10th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Probably magic. Someone posted "mystic" which is similar and a really cool idea.
thanks. your too kind ^_^
lol

kingofjokers
June 10th, 2009, 04:30 PM
or or or ummmmmm a...... I got it a wood type .....nah or a plastic type...horrible idea no......space type maybe or a ninja type .......... that would be cool how about this plasma and cyber type or sound type or fusion thats all my ideas
wood
plastic
space
ninja
plasma
cyber
fusion

June 10th, 2009, 04:56 PM
or or or ummmmmm a...... I got it a wood type .....nah or a plastic type...horrible idea no......space type maybe or a ninja type .......... that would be cool how about this plasma and cyber type or sound type or fusion thats all my ideas
wood
plastic
space
ninja
plasma
cyber
fusion
here are my favs that would be good:
ninja(or stealth)
plasma
cyber
kinda space
why would a pokemon use plastic or wood :P

kingofjokers
June 10th, 2009, 05:12 PM
why would a pokemon use plastic or wood :P
well wood could be used for many attacks and plastic is just something i made up

ohh and how about minerals or gem type just thought that one up

thedestinedblade
June 10th, 2009, 05:30 PM
The ??? type wouldn't be so bad... ;D

The Scientist
June 10th, 2009, 07:40 PM
The Light-type seems to already be represented by the Steel-type (Flash Cannon, Mirror Shot).

+1 vote for a Wind-type; I think birds/bats/flying scorpions and "wind" should be differentiated types. Why should Pidgeot and Rayquaza share a Flying-type when one is a bird and one has divine meteorological powers?

fearkcow
June 10th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Science type... for all the pokemon that science tried to create (porygon family) but failed.

Science pokemon:
Porygon family
Ditto

Pokémon Professor
June 10th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Science type... for all the pokemon that science tried to create (porygon family) but failed.

Science pokemon:
Porygon family
Ditto

Mewtwo was created by science molecular cloning, however it's Psychic type. So would it be both Psychic and Science type?

fearkcow
June 10th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Mewtwo was created by science molecular cloning, however it's Psychic type. So would it be both Psychic and Science type?

Regards,
The ‎Pokémon Professor
i guess so. Mewtwo could also just be a science poke that learns psychic moves

Pokémon Professor
June 10th, 2009, 09:08 PM
i guess so. Mewtwo could also just be a science poke that learns psychic moves

Yet it's DNA is based on Mew, who is a Psychic type?

fearkcow
June 10th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Yet it's DNA is based on Mew, who is a Psychic type?

Regards,
The Pokémon Professor
so mew could be the real deal and mewtwo could be the science version, still learning the same moves

JAD0109
June 10th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I think an Undead type would be cool. I can't recall what Pokemon would fall into this category, but still...

And maybe they could rely on some sort of stacking leech type attacks? I dunno.

drunk ¬_¬
June 10th, 2009, 11:07 PM
so far from what comes to my mind, we could use a:

light type:
(winged white angel-like Pokemon, include Arceus no-plate, and Mew!)
super effective vs:dark (light beats shadows, not the other way around),
ghost (purification; i think someone else mentioned this),
normal (just for the heck of it),
bug (most bugs would rather live in the shadows)
not effective vs:psychic (light?)
grass (absorbs the light)
fire (sunny day anyone?)
rock (rocks represent matter here, matter creates shadows by not allowing light to pass through)
weak against:fighting (goody goody people gettin' beat up)
water (diffuses light)
rock (look above)
resistant against:ghost
poison (both of these types represent evil, i guess; CAN be poisoned)
dragon (we need something that resists dragon)
immune to:dark (shadows can't beat light)

virus type :
(computer-made Pokemon, include Porygon family, M' and Missigno.)
super effective vs:psychic (computers beat brains),
not effective vs:virus (yeah)
fire (firewall anyone? xP)
rock (i dunno why, but it wouldn't be right any other way)
weak against:dragon
bug
rock
fighting (think about it)
resistant against:light
dark (out of YOUR jurisdiction mofos xP)

skull type:
(Pokemon with outer skeletons; high defense, hp, and attack stats; include Cubone and Houndour family)
super effective vs:dragons (we'll huntcha!)
normal
light (they can kindda be like undead)
flying
not effective vs:dark
ghost (see above at light)
weak against:grass
rock (sticks and stones, sticks and stones)
steel (steel is also hard)
resistant against:light (...)
dragon

Pokémon Professor
June 10th, 2009, 11:20 PM
skull type:
(Pokemon with outer skeletons; high defense, hp, and attack stats; include Cubone family)

Do you mean an exoskeleton type Pokémon?

Inferno1
June 11th, 2009, 01:44 AM
I would say ice but it already exists so Im Happy

The Apprentice™
June 11th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Twilight. Super Effective against Light and Dark.

Cosmic. Super Effective against Psychic and Ghost.

What do you think?

NatureKeeper
June 11th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Lava. Strong against water, however it is weak to water. It's super efective on Grass, Flying, Ground, Rock.

Charmageddon
June 11th, 2009, 08:42 AM
1) A new type should be different enough to seperate it clearly from other types. Wood-type? Lava type? These are different from Grass and Fire how?

2) Many new pokemon should be able to be created from this type. How many light-type pokemon could you make up? Go on, try it.

I think that the Digital type would be a good one to introduce.

Super-effective against:
Dragon
Steel
Ghost

Not very effective against:
Rock
Bug

Weak to:
Bug
Poison
Steel

Resistant to:
Rock
Dark
Electric

Pokemon (already created):
Porygon family

Pokemon (created by me):
Cybaratt - Mutant form of Rattata that feeds off digital information.
Datatron - Living balls of data trapped in a clear "body"
- Waretron (similar to Datatron, but larger and sleeker)
- Sphetron (Digital/Steel) - Hovering robotic sphere reminiscent of the Toclafane from Doctor Who (http://docteurwho.unblog.fr/files/2009/02/toclafane1.gif)
Interbot (Digital/Electric) - Mechanical "eye" atop a mass of wires
- Intraborg (Digital/Electric)
Viro (Digital/Ghost) - Airborne virus
Noro (Digital/Ghost) - Airborne antivirus
Spriteas (Digital/Fighting) - Resembles a 90's-style humanoid sprite
Snart (Dragon/Digital) - Draconic creature that can see all the information in the world.

Down with the darkness
June 11th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Synthetic Type

Super effective against:
Grass

Weak to:
Steel
Electric

drunk ¬_¬
June 11th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Do you mean an exoskeleton type Pokémon?

Regards,
The Pokémon Professor

no... not at all

an exoskeleton type would include pokemon such as arthropods, crustaceans, arachnids and other pokemon with EXOSKELETONS

and all of these pokemon would technically be INVERTEBRATE

as you can see, i included cubone, marowak, houndour, and houndoom as possible candidates, because they have bones OUTSIDE their bodies (outer skeletons)

... just wanted to clear up the misunderstanding as an exoskeleton type is FAR from what i intended to propose

although i guess my skull type would be better off as a secondary type (like flying) than a solo type (unless you want zombie pokeymans)

June 11th, 2009, 03:03 PM
??? should be replaced with 'cosmic'
its a type that's moves can be learned by any pokemon.

icebitedragon
June 11th, 2009, 03:14 PM
How about sound type? With Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, and Chatot.

TERRA#493
June 11th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Light-type. I really miss this type. He would be strong against Dark, but weak by Dark as well.
Some of the less Pokémon who should be of the Light-type: -Arceus, -Togekiss, -Cresselia, -Jirachi, -Illumise, -Volbeat, -Altaria..

Eos Aduro
June 11th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Light type is just NO! Why is that its super effective against Dark something everyone is excited about? Theres only ONE bulky dark type, Tyranitar, and he's 4x weak to fighting already, and steel, and bug, and water, and grass. Seriously, light types popularity is just no. Its already covered ensemble by fire, steel, and for a small amount, bug. Unless you want to revamp a bunch of moves and maybe change like Ampharos and Togekisses typing, light is a terrible typing. And some other I have to shut down.

Wood: FOR GODS SAKES, ITS GRASS! Never metnion this, ever
Lava: Same as wood, but its fire
Ninja: This is dark and fighting together, little bit of steel... sort of secretly love this but it wouldnt work
Magic: Its ghost and psychic together pretty much, has small potential
Skull: Ghost
Wind: I know that its the only element missing, but Flying covers it
Digital: Its ok, sort of a decent idea, but doesnt have enough to really work with
Virus: Its pretty much poison, same if anyone said Radiation and I missed it
Plastic: Sort of like tougher normal typing, doesnt have any merit really
Cosmic: The only really decent one so far, although Im opposed to new types in general, Clefable and a few toher pokes could benefit, but it would be hard because a few Pokemon have 2 typings, another one wouldnt really work, like Metagross and Palkia could be cosmic typing.

So, theres my opinion on THAT

Bagel
June 11th, 2009, 04:50 PM
i would make steam a type
ya knw not water but not fire but not flying

a combination of my favorite types ;)

Eos Aduro
June 11th, 2009, 05:06 PM
They couldnt base enough Pokemon off of steam, its to similar to water! Ice you can pull off because of the arctic and its biodiversity, but you cant make a crapload of cloud Pokemon.

Haza
June 11th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Light type. It could do a Yin Yang thing wheb they are both super effective against eachother.

Virus type

Eos Aduro
June 11th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Light type. It could do a Yin Yang thing wheb they are both super effective against eachother.

Virus type

Did no one read my post? Light type being both super effective and weak to dark undermines the entire basis of turn by turn Pokemon gaming. The basis is that one type can always counter another, having a glass cannon like light type would wreck the balance.

And virus is poison.

drunk ¬_¬
June 11th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Skull: Ghost

yeah, i dunno why you scratch off the idea of skull so fast...

i mean, THINK about it, it IS like ghost, but a physical version of it rather than special, ahhhh :O
i personally think it COULD work pretty good, though MOSTLY as a secondary type (think cubone, marowak, houndour, and houndoom(change dark --> skull) even koffing and weezing could fit), also

more pokemon like these would be good aesthetically at least
i mean SURE, skull sounds like **** (the actual word), but i couldn't think of anything else to put it as, and zombie would be even worse...

meh, i think it'd work, i don't mind if you think differently though, w/e

Eos Aduro
June 11th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Well all the types are a trait or a form of energy, like fire is a form of energy, fighting is a trait. Skull is something physical that they all have, so its not really a type, it could be like an egg group or something.

Skull has too many similarities to pre existing types, like dark and ghost.

Gymnotide
June 11th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't make a new type, but if I had to, I would do this:

Void-type Pokemon that use the powers of gravity and emptiness to decimate foes. This would call for the switching of certain moves like Gravity, Trick Room, and Vacuum Wave to Void-type. Void-type attacks would usually inflict damage indirectly or based on a percentage of the enemy's health (like Super Fang or Nightmare). There would also be attacks that nullify status-changes (like Growl, Swords Dance, etc.) and field changes (like Sunny Day, Stealth Rock, Mist, Tailwind, etc.; except Void-type moves) and inflict increased damage if any of the mentioned effects are in play. Support moves would be mainly defensive, such as changing physics around the user in order to slow down projectiles or to bend beam-like attacks away from the user. Moreover, Void attacks would be neither super effective nor weak against any other type; no moves are super effective or resisted by carrying a Void-type characteristic.

Eos Aduro
June 11th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I wouldn't make a new type, but if I had to, I would do this:

Void-type Pokemon that use the powers of gravity and emptiness to decimate foes. This would call for the switching of certain moves like Gravity, Trick Room, and Vacuum Wave to Void-type. Void-type attacks would usually inflict damage indirectly or based on a percentage of the enemy's health (like Super Fang or Nightmare). There would also be attacks that nullify status-changes (like Growl, Swords Dance, etc.) and field changes (like Sunny Day, Stealth Rock, Mist, Tailwind, etc.; except Void-type moves) and inflict increased damage if any of the mentioned effects are in play. Support moves would be mainly defensive, such as changing physics around the user in order to slow down projectiles or to bend beam-like attacks away from the user. Moreover, Void attacks would be neither super effective nor weak against any other type; no moves are super effective or resisted by carrying a Void-type characteristic.

I've thought of a similar notion, I called it Rift-Type. It is similar to cosmic in being mainly support moves. But the whole thing as a whole seems a bit overly complicated, and a little too specialized.

Wings Don't Cry
June 11th, 2009, 08:55 PM
The first things that come to my mind are

Radiant: This is pretty much light and it's rather unoriginal so no.

Berserk: Just high attack melee pokemon but then fighting kinda covers that already.

Mercury: The element not the planet, this would be one funny one all the mercury pokemon would be like a metal muk.

Non-elemental: Kinda like normal only no fighting weakness and can damage ghost types(vice versa) so it's like neutral damage all the way.

Paper: Something that's made of paper, it'll be good for paper cutting pokemon.

Serpent: There's dragon so why not serpent and it could be like the opposite of dragon giving them a super effective damage to something non-dragon.

That's all my lame ideas

Gymnotide
June 11th, 2009, 08:56 PM
I've thought of a similar notion, I called it Rift-Type. It is similar to cosmic in being mainly support moves. But the whole thing as a whole seems a bit overly complicated, and a little too specialized.

I tried to make it as un-specialized as possible, but still unique (as a support type). Its main focuses are
-- to nullify status changes.
-- to use the enemy's status changes against them.
-- to nullify field changes; to impose field support.
-- to inflict damage regardless of type-affiliation.
-- to prevent attacks or to lessen their impact; to decrease the efficiency of moves.

These roles fit a variety of uses and are attractive for a number of situations. While not particularly offensive, these roles still serve to have some offensive possibilities. For example:

-- A move like Punishment that does damage based on the amount of power-ups the foe has.
-- A move that gains priority if your foe has stat-ups.
-- A move that switches stat ups and stat gains (probably a field move).
-- A move that does more damage when there are field effects up; clears field effects after.
-- A move that halves the foe's health.
-- A move that slows all Pokemon in play (but not those switched in later).
-- A move that does damage and prevents the user from being hit by Physical attacks that turn (low PP and low power for balance).

Attack names could be named "Momentum," "Inertia," etc.

The strategy would be to weaken the opponent so they are encouraged to set up on you, at which point your attacks also become more powerful.

bit.trip void
June 11th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Soft Type. 8D. All of the bouncy pokemon would go in here. Ie; Cleffa, Igglybuff, Pichu.

Alec_
June 12th, 2009, 06:21 AM
As what did my mind tell me. I would choose Solar Type. Its effective to Dark Types/Psychic Types and Ghost Types. Grass Types. Why? It's because it's the combination of the Light Type and also the Fire Type. And it's a great one because of it's combination. And it could beat 4 Types.

~Fairytales.

Charmageddon
June 12th, 2009, 08:36 AM
As what did my mind tell me. I would choose Solar Type. Its effective to Dark Types/Psychic Types and Ghost Types. Grass Types. Why? It's because it's the combination of the Light Type and also the Fire Type. And it's a great one because of it's combination. And it could beat 4 Types.

~Fairytales.

Wouldn't solar type be weak against grass, since plants use light to make food?

Anyway, I don't like the idea of a solar/light type, as said before.

Snerd
June 12th, 2009, 09:57 AM
These are all pretty good ideas. Hopefully they will bring some new types in at some point. Anyway, I liked the ideas of the Light and Unknown type, so here are some fact files I came up with.

Light Type

Super Effective Against...

Dark (light always prevails).
Ghost (as people have said, light 'purifies').
Ice (well sources of light also provide heat, therefore ice should melt before it?)

Not Very Effective Against...

Grass (chlorophyll on plants absorbs light).
Fire (fire is also a source of light so it's they don't effect each other much).
Electric (like fire, electricity is a source of light too).
Ground (the only thing light can do to ground is heat it a little).

No Effect Against...

Steel (steel represents metal, sort of, and metals sometimes reflect light?).
Rock (light can't travel through rock).
Water (light travels straight through it).

More Effected By...

Grass (as I said before, chlorophyll absorbs light). ***
Steel (steel reflects it, which I guess makes it dominant).

Less Effected By...

Fire (read the not very effective section).
Electricity (").

Immune Against...

Dark (read the super effective section).
Ghost (").

Type Effects

Blindness - Causes bad accuracy. (intense light can cause blindness?)

Pokémon Examples

Chinchou
Lanturn
Celebi
Jirachi
Shinx
Luxio
Luxray
Rotom

***: If a light move is directed at a grass type then it should gain HP due to the fact that light is absorbed by chlorohyll. Cool idea, no?

Anyway, I think this type would work. They've got dark and normal haven't they? Light surely deserves a place. And I think the effect of blindness would be a good addition. With any other type it wouldn't work though (but I guess there are a few moves like flash).

Unknown Type

It's basically just a nothing type. It's got no strengths, weaknesses or immunities. It's just there. Any Pokémon with this type will have high stats however.

This would be a good idea for the next generation. Then in the next generation after that it could be like...discovered or something. To be something else. But then that would make it awkward if the next generation became compatible with the one after.

I don't know. I like the idea of it but I couldn't think of any special things about it. The only example I can think of is Unown.

Gymnotide
June 12th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Chlorophyll doesn't really absorb light. That's just what the textbook says.

Um, replace Flying-type with Wind-type.

thatrabidfangirl
June 12th, 2009, 05:59 PM
EXPLOSION TYPE
Name says it all... muahahahaa....
Or possibly Caramelldansen type. I can imagine that that would be very popular.

hanhyejinaddikt
June 12th, 2009, 07:17 PM
wood
plastic
space
ninja
plasma
cyber
fusion

I would like to see a wood type pokemon, there's grass type, ya know!

Plastic? God, that'll bring Global Warming on Pokemon World

Space? What's the point? I mean what kind of pokemon is that? Aliens?

Ninja? lol Are you Japanese?

Plasma? Uhmmm... sounds cool but seemed pointless.

Fusion would be great! That's the best thing you'd suggested!

Suro
June 12th, 2009, 07:53 PM
The Only types that seem realistic are light, Mystic, undead or virtual:

Light: even though steel kinda covers it, It could be the ying yang of dark with pokemon such as:
Arceus (no plate)
maybe some 5th Gen Pokemon

Mystic: already explain in other posts includes pokemon such as:
cleffa & evos
Togepi & evos
Jigglypuff & evos etc

Undead/zombie: Well they could be covered by a ghost/ground type but includes pokemon such as:
Cubone & evos etc

Vitual: any artificial or non-natural pokemon such as:
Deoxys
Porygon & evos
Ditto (?)

June 13th, 2009, 06:16 AM
i say shadow:
they should also bring back the shadow pokemon, and make some new ones
for ex. a virus is speading through the wilderness, (like pokerus) and corrupting pokemon with the shadow disease.

p.s. as the person behind the mystic idea, i'd like to say thnxs for all the positive feedback ^_^

Esper
June 13th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Similar themed ideas have already been raised, but how about a Mutant, Spirit, or Alien type?

Somebody mentioned Steam as an idea - which isn't as crazy as it sounds since there is already an Ice type and ice is just frozen water. Steam is hot water. It could have steam-powered pokemon, the already mentioned cloud pokemon, fog, balloon or geyser pokemon.

On a similar note, a Weather (or Storm?) or Gas type might have more potential.

And it's silly, but I'd like a Food type:
"A wild Casserobe appeared."
"Go, Muffink!"

Eos Aduro
June 13th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I've already explained why steam doesnt work and ice does. Most Pokemon are based off of animals, and the arctic regions have enough biodiversity to base enough Pokemon off of it to make a large enough area of Pokemon, but you cant base enough off of steam.

Also, people suggestions typing like Shadow, Undead, Skull, ALL of these are a mixture of dark and ghost.

Virtual isnt TOO bad, but at this stage in the game, addind new types to pre-existant Pokemon would sort of undermine the whole thing, they've only done it once with Magnemite. They could make it, but I dont think it would work.

And the Void typing mentioned is definitely the best one here, as it has some reference to the game, and it could fit into a plotline, like in a new region a void opened up and out came the new Pokes. I guess virtual it could be like a bunch of new Pokes got made, but I think Game Freak is going to try to keep out of the whole genetic modification game, although Mewtwo and Porygon were genetically created, so maybe Im wrong.

Limey-chan
June 13th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Virtual and Light types are probably the obvious choice and they've been mentioned plenty of times in this thread so there's nothing I can add that hasn't already been said.

Wood, Plastic etc are types I really couldn't see working. Something like Gas/Shadow/Smoke or something along those lines would be a more practical option but are probably a bit too similar to Ghost/Dark types.

I'd like to see them actually make Legendary into an official type.

Eos Aduro
June 13th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Legendary being a type would SUCK. All the legends who are crruently two types would have to be one, the legendary birds would have to be Fire-Legendary, not flying. Which could have benefits, but they would have lost a typing from the beginning, which is their defining characteristic.

Saltare.
June 13th, 2009, 08:53 PM
A light type.

There is a dark type, why not the opposite?

Pokémon Professor
June 15th, 2009, 04:51 AM
no... not at all

an exoskeleton type would include pokemon such as arthropods, crustaceans, arachnids and other pokemon with EXOSKELETONS

and all of these pokemon would technically be INVERTEBRATE

as you can see, i included cubone, marowak, houndour, and houndoom as possible candidates, because they have bones OUTSIDE their bodies (outer skeletons)

... just wanted to clear up the misunderstanding as an exoskeleton type is FAR from what i intended to propose

although i guess my skull type would be better off as a secondary type (like flying) than a solo type (unless you want zombie pokeymans)

Oh my mistake, I interpreted the post wrong.

WobbuffetPokemon
June 15th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Here is the Pokedex data (sorry but I disn't make a picture):

WOBBUGAIN
All type Pokemon
#??????????????

WOBBUGAIN is the strongest Pokemon
in the world. It hd 9 tails which can
make WOBBUGAIN fly up in the sky.
WOBBUGAIN is also a leaf type Pokemon,
It GAINS the life of other Pokemons.
It also breath FLAMETHROWER!
Sometimes WOBBUGAIN can use Hydro
Pump by its nose.

WOBBUGAIN can use normal type attacks also! And also can use Thundershock but many call it
WOBBUSHOCK ATTACK!

That is an evolution form of Wobbuffet!

ShinjisLover
June 15th, 2009, 05:24 AM
For people who say 'mystic' or 'magic' type, I'd assume that Psychic-type is pretty much that. So there goes that idea. Maybe something that deals with air? But, then again, they have Flying-types. . Maybe make a Shadow-type to correspond with the Shadow moves in Pokémon XD, et cetera? But that would be like Dark-types, possibly. . I'd still have to go with Shadow-types. Super effective against Dark-types and weak to Psychic-types.

Light-types has been said way too much, in my opinion. XD

Azonic
June 15th, 2009, 05:45 AM
The closest thing to an actual type would be Energy (forces like gravity / feng shui / etc), void, and light. There's no need for any of them though. :[

TentacruelZ
June 15th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Dinosaur type weakness ice and fire strong aginst grass and electric or something i dont know the weaknesses and non weaknesses all i know is that Dinosaur type pokemon would pawn

HamsterPants
June 15th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Light Type is a type that I came up with a few years ago, I've always thought about it. I think that both Dark types and Light types should be super effective against eachother.

If there were a light type, it would have to be 'not very effective' against Ghost types at least; otherwise Sableye and Spiritomb would then have weaknesses.

White Glint
June 15th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Mine would be very special.

A type that is weak to all types. But once it gets hit by a attack move of any type, it turns INTO that type. Then can bypass the 4 move limit and use any move of that type.

ReyRey-Pyon
June 15th, 2009, 10:53 AM
i'd say light, but dark isn't truly "evil", they fight with dirty tricks, but not truely evil
and dark is weak to fighting, fighting types fight with honor, but... they would also make so much sense when it comes to a new type. i see pokemon as espeon being light. since its opposite of the moonlight pokemon: umbreon

light pokemon could use attacks such as: purity, heal, light beam, angel beam etc
specializing in healing attacks, and more ''holy'' attacks,

they could be strong against ghost and dark, and poison, weak against fighting, and grass, and immune to poison (due to them being healers)

we need something for Normal to be super effective against too >.>
Maybe Virtual

Weak against Normal and Fight, Strong against Electric (absorbs electric energy to power itself), and immune to...uhmm maybe ghost >3>?

Eos Aduro
June 15th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Light having religious moves/abilities is a no go. Nintendo got crap because Jynx had black skin, do you really think that them based a type with religious undertones is a good idea?

PokeMoon
June 15th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Jelly Pokemon!
Super effective to fighting and normal. [You can't punch through jelly and kill it!]
Weakness: Ice[Frozen Jelly? Bleh :O] and Bird type.

ReyRey-Pyon
June 15th, 2009, 11:37 AM
not religous

but more "pure" in a sense. instead of attacks like taunt and torment on dark

i could see these light as being healers fighting fair. i could also see sing as a basic attack they can learn

obviously tho the appearance of light types would look more angelic in a way. white colors, nicer, light pure colors. which might explain why there is no light type and instead the dark are weak against the honorable fighters, light could easily be misinterpretted as holy o3o

keep in mind these are only ideas for fun, and they dont have to be taken seriously o3o

@PokeMoon

ROFL do i have to mention how much that reminds me of Neopets "Jelly" xDDD;;

They could be weak against normal
watch the munchlax nomnomnom it 8O

in that case i want a Peanut Butter type ;O;/hit lol

---------

Rainbow type:
end of story
Arceus could be rainbow type
Kecleon could be rainbow

a type of all types, a type that can become anytype

plus rainbows are purtyful :D

HamsterPants
June 15th, 2009, 03:37 PM
For people who say 'mystic' or 'magic' type, I'd assume that Psychic-type is pretty much that.
I know alot about the difference between magic, psychic, and spiritual power. I practice psychic abilities using chi, which is a spiritual resource, and there is defenitely a difference between chi and "psychic power". Chi can be absorbed from the surrounding elements, as it is like the invisible substance that gives all matter it's programming, it is also perhaps what our spirits are made out of, except our spirits are more complex in form, that is why we are able to control it and concentrate it to control the elements. Psychic power is a completely different thing altogether, and is controlled by our minds. Magic, I dont practice using, as I feel it to be evil power.

The Bringer!
June 15th, 2009, 04:07 PM
The only type I can think of would probably be light. (Like almost everyone else -_-)
I would have it weak to dark and super effective against dark. However, I don't see why light would be super effective against ghost. Grass types would be immune to it, as would fire types. It would most likely be immune to poison. I'd sorta think of it as a neutral type, like normal.

Gymnotide
June 15th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Dinosaur type weakness ice and fire strong aginst grass and electric or something i dont know the weaknesses and non weaknesses all i know is that Dinosaur type pokemon would pawn

Actually, I could go for this instead of making them all Rock-type :|

Weaknesses: Fire, Ice, Water, Ground
Resistances: Grass, Dragon
Strengths: Normal, Fighting, Flying
Resisted By: Steel, Dragon, Fire, Ground
Immunities: None

Move basis
-- Powerful attacks that have some sort of recoil, like Head Smash, Hyper Beam, etc.
-- Resistance-boosting moves.
-- Priority move (for Rampy <3)
-- Moves that flinch.

^ sort of like Normal-type so far.

Prince of Cats
June 15th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Hrm... another type of Pokemon. That's pretty difficult considering Nintendo has already covered a really broad range. The only ones that seem probably at all are virus and light. Porygon would definitely need to be switched to virus and light would be a contrast to dark obviously. Nothing really else that could be said as again, Nintendo pretty much has it all covered.

White Glint
June 15th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Here's one.
LEAD. A Pokemon of lead.

Superjub
June 16th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Gas? (Koffing/Drifloon(?) etc.)
Lunar (Clefairy, Lunatone etc.)
Light (obviously XD) (Volbeat (?), Illumise (?) etc.)
...that's it...for now. XD

TeirusuFX
June 16th, 2009, 02:35 PM
The Element of Love~♥

Light would be a pretty useful element, a few Pokemon might fit in that category.

Rakki-neko
June 16th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I would have to say (even though its being over said here) a Light type.
Much similar to what everyone else said here.

Another type would be Virus, I guess, because some interesting pokes could come out of that.

Swampoleongaurdian
June 16th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I'd say...

Glitch type:

Super effective against: Normal, Bug, Ground, Rock, Water, Psychic, Dragon, Fighting, and Ice

Weak against: *light*, Dark, Ghost, Flying, Dragon, Psychic, and Steel

Normal effectiveness: Fire, Grass, Dragon, electric, Psychic, and ???

For the Glitch Pokemon Like Missingno..

ATM the Mudkip
June 16th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Glass type. I know, it fails. But it would be weak against fighting, and... and... Other stuff. It would be pretty awesome. Right?

Eos Aduro
June 16th, 2009, 08:11 PM
No, it wouldnt, but it would also be weak to fire. Just pointing that out.

TentacruelZ
June 17th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Actually, I could go for this instead of making them all Rock-type :|

Weaknesses: Fire, Ice, Water, Ground
Resistances: Grass, Dragon
Strengths: Normal, Fighting, Flying
Resisted By: Steel, Dragon, Fire, Ground
Immunities: None

Move basis
-- Powerful attacks that have some sort of recoil, like Head Smash, Hyper Beam, etc.
-- Resistance-boosting moves.
-- Priority move (for Rampy <3)
-- Moves that flinch.

^ sort of like Normal-type so far.

nice i like the sounds of that the only dinos i can think off is Aerodactyl(of coarse) Rampados Baistrodon Feraligatr and Tropius(if you count him as a dino) and the moves can also be bite,chomp ect...

V i n c æ n t
June 17th, 2009, 08:52 AM
The Element of Love~♥

Light would be a pretty useful element, a few Pokemon might fit in that category.
Yes...light could be a pretty element ...

Gordonator123
June 17th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Mine would be wood and maybe jewel type that is super effective against rock and normal types but its weakness would be fire,water and ground type.

Eos Aduro
June 17th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Wood is grass, its not different at ALL

HamsterPants
June 17th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Glass type. I know, it fails. But it would be weak against fighting, and... and... Other stuff. It would be pretty awesome. Right?
Oh yes! That's the type that I had forgotten, I came up with that a few years back as well.

Glass type would have it's own characteristics that would be unique to both rock and ground types, It would be weak to types such as fire, ice, fighting, steel, and rock; it would be resisitant to types like electric, poison, bug, and grass.

It would be super effective against Grass types at least, maybe bugs too.

It's something that I meditated upon for quite some time, thank you for reminding me of it.

Cornelius
June 17th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I think a Pokemon type that relates to the stars and celestial bodies...call it the Celestial type.
I can't think of any reasonable strengths and weaknesses (Psychic, Dark, Ghost, Ice, Steel, and Rock come to mind for one or another), but I think it has potential...or perhaps not?

TentacruelZ
June 17th, 2009, 09:58 PM
what up with light type like 100 people have already said it come up with a different type now we have heard light type ok moving on plez it getting annoying

Aegis
June 18th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I would totally make a type called the fabulous type gurl, and they'd be so freaking fabulous it wouldn't be funny!

And they would have a fabulous attack that would fabulously change all the non fabulous pokemon to the fabulous Pokemon type, fabulously of course. So in the end all the Pokemon would be fabulous and in the fabulous type!

TentacruelZ
June 20th, 2009, 02:30 PM
is it me or is this thread dying also what about Reptile type its Snakes Lizards Crocs Gatrs Frogs whateva you consider a Reptile Feraligatr Sceptile Charizard Kecleon Arbok Seviper ect... could be apart of the type its resistances can be Bug types (Reptiles eat bugs) and its weaknesses can be rock or something

Jweeson
June 20th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I would make a Cyber type. Like machines and all that jazz. It would be super effective against psychic and it would be weak to water and fire. Plus electric would have barely any effect.

EDIT: But it wouldn't be like a slot machine or anything. It would be like animals and other such pokemon resemblances, only mechanized.

Misheard Whisper
June 20th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Chaos type. Super effective against Ghost and Psychic. Weak to Normal (which needs something to be super effective against) and the oft-suggested Light type.

Potato_Hurrican
June 25th, 2009, 03:18 PM
id say pre-historic type it would FINALLY make every fossil pokemon not rock types. and yanmega reminds me of the giant dragon flies from probably over 9000 years ago. super effective against rock, bug and dragon(seriously dragons need need more weaknesses, that and dragons are over rated steel could pirce their hides but before i go on a rant lets continue on). weak against fire and ice. or just for laughs the autobot/decepticon type just for ditto.

derozio
June 26th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I can't think of any type besides the ones already mentioned. I thought of the light and virus type too but they have already been posted! XD

Doctortux
June 26th, 2009, 07:58 AM
This is a bit off the wall, but a "celestial" type pokemon would be cool.
It has the ability to control the stars and clouds and things like that.

It'd be super-effective against the previously stated light type, psychic, and possibly dragon.
It'd be weak against dark and electric.

Just off the top of my head :P

-Tator

I really think that is a cool idea!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 27th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Well for me, the only thing I can think of is Light and it being Super effective against Dark type Pokemon. But Normal type Pokemon need another weakness

:t354:TG

The Last Shiny Sylveon
January 16th, 2015, 05:37 PM
My Pokemon type would be: Music

Super effective against: Dark,Fighting and Normal
Weak against: Dragon (Having to do with a roar blocking out music that is playing <3)
Some new Pokemon: Trumpeon (Eeveeloution) It evolves from a Sound Stone
Stones: Sound stone
Items: Trumpet (If held by a Music type Pokemon gets a stat boost)
Pokemon changing types:
Chingling and Chimecho Psychic/Music
Ludicolo Water/Music (Because he literally resembles a mariachi band person .-.)
New Moves: Hoenn Blast: User plays Hoenn champion music
Mariachi Serenade: Puts target to sleep
Guitar Smash: User smashes guitar onto target
and finally Heavy Metal Wave: user blasts heavy metal beams to the target

Hope you like it!

Brendino
January 16th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Thanks for your response TLSS, but this thread is nearly 5 and a half years old- well past the one month bump limit. When responding to threads in the future, please be sure to look at the last post date before replying. Thanks!

CLOSED.