View Full Version : Which water starter? (remeber the 4 word rule)

June 11th, 2009, 5:51 PM
just like the title states, what's your favorite water starter?

Mine's Piplup, and Empoleon
I don't really like Prinplup

June 11th, 2009, 6:53 PM
Squirtle out of all these by far is my favorite. I think it is also the strongest all the way to a Blastoise and I think it looks the coolest.

June 11th, 2009, 6:57 PM
I don't like any of them mostly because I don't like at least one evolution from each of them.

From the Squirtle evolution line: I don't like Squirtle and Blastoise
From the Totodile evolution line: I don't like Croconaw and Feraligatr
From the Mudkip evolution line: I don't like Mudkip and Marshtomp
From the Piplup evolution line: I don't like any of 'em

June 11th, 2009, 7:02 PM
I like Totodile because Feraligatr is just amazing.

June 11th, 2009, 7:30 PM
I hate Piplup Sorry piplup lovers
I like the rest but i love Squirlte He is just so cute and just becomes awesome

June 11th, 2009, 8:06 PM
Squirtle, for he one day becomes a six foot turtle with cannons on his back. That is an epic combination.

June 11th, 2009, 8:08 PM
Wartortle in yo hous, bein al badass nd all dat.
Wartortle is a total badass and he's a lot more compact than Blastoise is.

Other ones are --
Feraligatr for he dances like a dragon
Marshtomp because he spits mud, but it's blue wtf?
Empoleon (but only if I had to)

Nnoitra Jiruga
June 11th, 2009, 8:12 PM
Mudkip, because when it evolves into Swampert, Ground-Water = Pwn.

June 11th, 2009, 8:13 PM
I never really cared for any of the water staters but if I had to choose I would choose squirtle simply because it evolves in wartortle.

Satoshi Ookami
June 11th, 2009, 8:38 PM
Water starters are very lame for me... I don't really like any of them but I choose Mudkip because of Swampert

June 11th, 2009, 8:56 PM
I almost never choose the water starter in the games. It's usual Grass on my first run through, then Fire. However, I usually obtain them when I'm filling up my dex and out of the ones that I've trained to a decent level, my favorite is Totodile's line.

June 11th, 2009, 8:58 PM
Empoleon has the steel type and water type also. That's why I like it. Simple!

Prototype Omega
June 11th, 2009, 9:19 PM
Generally I would say Squitle, because he evolves into Wartortle (and that's where he would stay as I hate Blastoise). But Totodile evolves into an awesome alligator Pokemon, so I'm going to have to go with him.

June 12th, 2009, 7:02 AM
I love them all but Piplup is my overall favourite.

Why? It's a fricken penguin!

Also, Empoleon is beast in battle!

June 12th, 2009, 9:23 AM
Squritle is my favorite, but Piplup comes at a close second.

June 12th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I gotta say Totodile just blows everyone else out of the water(lol)
I love reptiles, hence me likeing totodile 2times more.

June 12th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Totally Totodile. Hehe. Piplup sucks. Mudkip and Squirtle are okay I guess.

June 12th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Hard to choose because I love all the Water starters. I would go with either Mudkip or Piplup because their evolutions have a unique typing combination. Water/Steel is an interesting combination and Swampert is a much better Water/Ground type than the other wannabes like Whiscash.

June 12th, 2009, 3:08 PM
I like Totodile who doesn't like a gator that grows up to be 6 feet tall. I hate 1 thing about Totodile when it evolves it looks the same almost but its okay.

Sweet Visions
June 12th, 2009, 4:03 PM
Where's all the squirtle love? He's amazing. Blastoise pwns.

True Reign
June 12th, 2009, 4:14 PM
I tend to not start with a water starter, but I would have to say Mudkip.

June 12th, 2009, 5:07 PM
Empoleon is my favorite, and the only water starter I ever use.

June 12th, 2009, 5:10 PM
I'd prefer not to use a water-type for a starter; but..
I think I'll erh, decide on Mudkip.

I'd consider Squirtle as my second choice.
As for him;
He will evolve into something that is an absolutely amazing form.
[Heh, Blastoise (:]

June 12th, 2009, 5:42 PM
I don't really like water starters, but Totodile is pretty cool.

June 12th, 2009, 5:48 PM
Mudkip totally by far

hes soooooo cute

June 12th, 2009, 5:55 PM
Gah. I hate all the water starters! In fact, I don't think I even like any of the starters that much. Especially the evolutions. I suppose the best one would have to be Squirtle, though, just for nostalgia's sake.

June 12th, 2009, 5:57 PM
Oh I know this one right off the bat. Totodile. He starts off as such a cute and happy fella, but BAM! Evolves into one of the most kick butt water starters ever. ;D

Giraffes? Giraffes!
June 13th, 2009, 2:10 AM
Squirtle was my favorite for a long time. But i'm gonna have to choose Totodile though, because like someone else said Feraligatr is AMAZING :D

June 13th, 2009, 11:20 AM
1) Piplup. (I <3 Penguins so much. XD)
2) Mudkip (I dot know, I gUess I just love it's typing. Oh, and I herd u liek mudkipz. XD) and Squirtle (Damn nostalgia...and turtles XDDD)
3) Totodile (It just...doesn't appeal to me. :\)

The Bringer!
June 14th, 2009, 6:29 PM
Penguins are luff <3

Totodile would have to come next, but to tell the truth I love all of the water starters.

Fire Eagle
June 14th, 2009, 8:55 PM
I like Mudkip because when it evolves into Swampert, it becomes a water and ground type Pokemon, which is unstoppable to electric type Pokemon.

white lancer
June 14th, 2009, 9:25 PM
I gotta say Totodile just blows everyone else out of the water(lol)
I love reptiles, hence me likeing totodile 2times more.

Ahem...Turtles are reptiles, too. ;)

Anyway, Squirtle and Totodile are #1 and #2 for me out of all the starters. I voted for Squirtle as I prefer it in each of its forms slightly over Totodile and its forms.

I despise Piplup. It seems pretty much like a Water-type version of Torchic to me.

June 15th, 2009, 3:15 AM

(then Totodile! lol)

Prince of Cats
June 15th, 2009, 3:42 AM
Definitely Squirtle, evolves into the coolest water Pokemon, Wartortle. Blastoise sucks, I never evolve it into it.

June 16th, 2009, 6:41 PM
Piplup. :) It's extremely cute imo. Plus, it's the first ever penguin Pokémon! <3

drunk ¬_¬
June 16th, 2009, 7:28 PM
why is totodile winning???

June 16th, 2009, 8:57 PM
squirtle and mudkip, due to the fact that their final evolutions are really strong

©ereal Killer
June 16th, 2009, 9:36 PM
Totodile fo'sho!! C'mon Feraligatr just pwns!!

June 17th, 2009, 1:58 PM
Mudkip is my fave, Squirtle and Totodile are tied second, Piplup last...

June 17th, 2009, 3:21 PM
i like squirtle becuase it evoles into blastoise and is the coolest :)

June 17th, 2009, 3:26 PM
I dont think I have ever chosen a water starter but if I had to then I would choose mudkip because of Swampert who is one of the coolest 3rd gen evolutions

June 17th, 2009, 3:54 PM
Totodile for me, as I love alligators. :D

June 17th, 2009, 6:08 PM
Totodile is my favorite out of all of the water starters. His final evolution is pure genius, and I can't think of any reasons for why--I just do.

June 17th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Well mine has to be mudkip because it won't get his crap beat out of him when he's hit with lightning moves. (Feraligator is awesome too)!

June 18th, 2009, 7:35 AM
Definately Totodile, he has this sort of awesome feel to it.
Second favorite would be mudkip. It looks amusing.

June 18th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Piplup, because I like Empoleon

But, It is a hard decision. I mean, I like all of them., but Piplup wins by that little bit.

Ice Grimm
June 18th, 2009, 12:24 PM
My best water starter is Squirtle, I guess I am a little classic, but he is so cute
Then we go on to the second and that's Piplup, because he is an adorable little penguin (He is a penguin right?)
And then Totodile, because he is so cute and cuddly =)

June 18th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I like them all but I'm guessing Piplup since I've been with him much longer than any others.

P.S-Also I like how you put the Mudkip thing XD

June 18th, 2009, 1:12 PM
I've never really loved the water-type starters, but I guess they're pretty cute. I really love Piplup, though (it's my favourite out of the Sinnoh starters, in fact).

June 18th, 2009, 7:14 PM
I suppose Squirtle is my favorite, since I like its whole family.

I like Mudkip a lot but I don't like its evolutions.

From Totodile's family, I only like Croconaw.

And... I really don't have much of an opinion on Piplup. I guess it's cute...

Arle Kaa-kun
June 19th, 2009, 3:37 AM
It's the internet's fault why I like Mudkip. But it's evolutions at least take away its electric pain. Just watch out for Grass-types and its speed!

June 20th, 2009, 5:57 AM
I really don't like any of the water starters. The only first form that I like is Mudkip, but I also think that Totodile is okay.

My favorite part about the water type starters (and most other starters, really) is the middle evolution. Marshtomp is one of my favorite Pokémon and I am also fond of Wartortle. However, Prinplup and Croconaw were a bit too rough.

My most disliked part about all Water-type starter Pokémon is the uglyness of the final, fully evolved forms. Prinplup and Croconaw were too rough and "boyish" from the get-go, and their final forms didn't help much to weigh out that argument. My most favorite one out of these would probaly be Swampert, although I don't really like it either. Blastoise was a bit too simple and the ugliest out of the four IMO.

So, that's my opinion on the Water-type Starters~

alyssa marie
June 20th, 2009, 1:28 PM
I think Piplup and Mudkip are the cutest..
but out of them all I'd pick Totodile cuz Feraligatr is amazing.

June 20th, 2009, 2:47 PM
I have always loved Totodile :]

Giratina ♀
June 20th, 2009, 2:51 PM

Even though I'm not a fan of the first evolution, at least when it evolved I'd be walking around with a frilly-yet-ominous creature that looks flat-out cool rather than a crocodile that looks like it's in an egg. The final evos are pretty much tied.

June 21st, 2009, 1:30 AM
I like Totodile the most, next it is Squirtle followed by Piplup and Mudkip (i don't like the Mudkip's evolutions so much, that's because)

June 21st, 2009, 4:00 AM
I'ma have to go with Squirtle. It's close between Squirtle and Totodile but when they evolve Blastoise>Feraligatr and Wartortle>Croconaw by a long shot...

June 21st, 2009, 6:39 AM
My favourite water starter is totodile ftw because the first ever pokemon game i got was silver and i randomly picked totodile.The it evolves into feraligatr which is amazingly cool.Croconaw... not so much:)

June 23rd, 2009, 2:31 PM
My favorite water starter is Totodile

June 24th, 2009, 1:18 AM
I like both swampert and Blastoise. Swampert for the strength and Blastoise for its looks!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 27th, 2009, 3:24 PM
Squirtle: I found it very annoying and least favorite out of the water starters'
Totodile: I like it
Mudkip: My favorite one of them all =]
Piplup: Rather not pick, dont hate nor like