PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Uploading Problem

~Cyndy~
September 26th, 2004, 10:48 AM
I tried uploading my avatar but won't work both ways. Uploading form a url or my computer. This is the avatar I want.
http://img80.exs.cx/img80/572/pokemon_shinobu2.gif
I wnat to know if you guys can help me out.

Kairi
September 26th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Hmm. Well I’m working on it…and I can upload it for myself both through the adminCP and userCP, when stored locally on my HDD. Did you try to upload it from your hard drive? I can’t, however seem to set it for you. @@;

aRedMoon
September 26th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Appears that avatars are down again.

Kairi
September 26th, 2004, 11:47 AM
They all work for me, except uploading to her. =\ Cleared my cache and whatnot, and I can upload them. @_@

~Cyndy~
September 26th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Yes, I did upload it from my computer hard drive, but no luck.

Jolty-kun
September 26th, 2004, 11:49 AM
yah, the same for me, now i cant do my dare XD YAY! XD

Kairi
September 26th, 2004, 11:51 AM
I can upload them for you via the adminCP, but not her. Very weird. @_@
I get an error about not being able to open the stream, and a disk quota exceeded with Cindy.

~Cyndy~
September 26th, 2004, 11:56 AM
What happened with me? Can you upload this avatar then?
http://img72.exs.cx/img72/4346/MayWishMaker.png

Kairi
September 26th, 2004, 12:00 PM
I can’t do…any for you actually. o_o; I’ll talk to Steve or someone when I see them and see if it’s serverside or something.

Jolty-kun
September 26th, 2004, 12:02 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:ECmqOsSR2hgJ:http://www.projectbag.com/pokemon/pics/magikarp.jpg could ya make that my avy?

Kairi
September 26th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Err, what you’re trying to do is upload that html, probably. Get the real picture and resize it, then try to upload it.

Jolty-kun
September 26th, 2004, 12:11 PM
but how do i make a JPG(whatever it is XD) smaller?

Pazuzu
September 27th, 2004, 04:57 AM
WIth kinda imaging program (Photoshop, Paintshop Pro or even Paint) :D

BigBoss
September 27th, 2004, 05:21 AM
You would have to make it bmp, then, Scizz. As for changing a jpg smaller, save it as bmp, make it smaller with paint, upload it to some kind of host, and re-save the image, but when you choose where to put it, change the name to- whatever the name was.jpg or gif. Dunno if there is a easier way, but thats how I know it.

Sawyer
September 27th, 2004, 06:43 AM
same thing happened to me... somebody should fix it... :'(

TSS_Killer
September 27th, 2004, 07:05 AM
hmm,I'm trying to upload a 6 train bullet as an avatar,tried gifs and jpgs,but that don't work.

EKANSSSSSSSSSS
September 27th, 2004, 09:26 AM
same thing happened to me... somebody should fix it... :'(

i cant get mine to work eather...toto even tryed to help me out and nothing worked

BigBoss
September 27th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Alot of Avatars are like that right know..... I think they are down.

Rukario
September 27th, 2004, 11:02 AM
hmmm need all the error messages u all are getting..... post em here..

*checks disk space quota*

the more info i get on the error (exact error messages) the faster we can get it fix0rd

Rukario
September 27th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Modifing pokecomm's quota ...
The quota has been set to 5000 Megabytes

OK adjusted the quota up a bit... see if that allows you to upload the avatars..

Rukario
September 27th, 2004, 11:09 AM
You would have to make it bmp, then, Scizz. As for changing a jpg smaller, save it as bmp, make it smaller with paint, upload it to some kind of host, and re-save the image, but when you choose where to put it, change the name to- whatever the name was.jpg or gif. Dunno if there is a easier way, but thats how I know it.
That WILL NOT work!

If you need a .bmp or BIG .jpg resized (both in bytes and height/width) you'll need to resave it as the correct size and as a .jpg in an decent image editor such as Paint Shop Pro, Photo Shop, Fireworks, GIMP, etc... or just send your original image to any staff member and they'll resize and save it as a .jpg, or .png for you.

EKANSSSSSSSSSS
September 29th, 2004, 01:25 AM
well...i wanted to post a fallow up...my avatar is working now...who ever fixed it...thanks ^_^