PDA

View Full Version : Lugia vs Ho-oh

Anxiety.
June 18th, 2009, 10:32 AM
This has probably been done before, but I can't find this thread anywhere else...

Anyway, which do you prefer, Lugia or Ho-oh? The question isn't Silver vs Gold ¬_¬

http://jmlr.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/lugia.png?w=242&h=188

http://hem.fyristorg.com/gronroos/enteinest/images/Hooh.jpg

I prefer Lugia
He looks better and in my opinion is stronger.

Superjub
June 18th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Nice question, considering Heart Gold and Soul Silver have been announced. :D

Anyway, I love Lugia, always have. :3 I just find it so adorable, an prefer it's appearance and special move to that oversized chicken. >_> it's like my, 4th (along with Suicune :3) favourite Pokemon, ever. :D The ony flaw about it (to me) is it should have been Flying/Water. :\

Opposite Day
June 18th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Ho-oh + Magikarp = win :D

Lugia wins the game for me though.

..is it just me, or is Pkmn General flooded with vs. threads?

©ereal Killer
June 18th, 2009, 11:05 AM
..is it just me, or is Pkmn General flooded with vs. threads?Hmmm, only 5 vs. threads so no but will be :/

Always have liked Lugia since Silver came out
Lugia + aeroblast is just pure win :D

Opposite Day
June 18th, 2009, 11:08 AM
But still, I'm on General almost every day, and all of these threads just popped up :(
I got annoyed :(

True Reign
June 18th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Definitely Lugia.

Just seems more of a 'fighter' than Ho-Oh does.

Signomi
June 18th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I've always been a fan of Lugia, I just simply love its design; not to mention it being the mascot of Silver (my favourite version of the both) and the second Pokémon movie (which I loved) just makes me more inclined to like it even more. I like Ho-oh a lot, actually. But knowing my attraction to more calmer colours and pokemon residing in watery domains, I'd pick Lugia out of them both any time.

Another reason why I like Lugia would be that I find Aeroblast to be an effective and critical hit major move, rather than Sacred Fire which I never bothered to use after the first couple of times I've tried it with Ho-oh.

ShinjisLover
June 18th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Ho-Oh is pretty. It has nice colors and whatnot. However, I'd have to say I prefer Lugia just because it looks cooler. It's more streamline and its tail is win. XD Besides, I love Aeroblast.

JoltIce
June 18th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Lugia for reasons I can't describe.

Deputy
June 18th, 2009, 11:29 AM
A tie, Lugia looks slightly cooler and has a cooler signature move, but Ho-oh has resurrecting abilities which is pretty awesome in itsself.

Artonkn
June 18th, 2009, 11:44 AM
HARD decision...

uhm...hard hard!

Luhogioh

BOTH OF THEM!

Ayselipera
June 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I like Lugia better, but I also love the move Sacred Fire which leads me to Ho-Oh...

ISa56
June 18th, 2009, 04:21 PM
In battles? Lugia.
Lugia has plenty of Water-type attacks to nail Ho-oh with. Lugia's awesome signature move, Aeroblast, is just flat out awesome. His Defense and Special Defense (and Rain Dance) can stop any of Ho-oh's attacks with little difficulty. That, and Ho-oh does not have a Shadow counterpart.

Overall Awesomeness? Ho-oh.
Ho-oh was the one who revived the Legendary Beasts. If it weren't for Ho-oh, there wouldn't be any Entei, Raikou, or Suicuine! Ho-oh just has looked (and is) flat out awesome since the days of G/S. His Attack and Special Attack is great and has good attacks to match. Shame Ho-oh is easily wiped with a Stone Edge from a Tyranitar, Rhyperior, or Garchomp.

So....yeah, a bit of a tie.

CyanideEspeon
June 18th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I like them both, but Lugia.

Shadow Pichu
June 18th, 2009, 05:53 PM
im guessing lugia wins =p

MUSION
June 19th, 2009, 06:11 AM
I love Sacred Fire, but in terms of appearance Lugia wins, and that's most important. So Lugia for me :)

Azonic
June 19th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Ho-oh's appearance is beautiful compared to that ugly puke-blue flying dolphin. The dolphin is stronger in the game though. I favor Ho-oh for any occasion except competitive battling.

Lornami
June 19th, 2009, 09:00 AM
It seems Ho-oh isn't doing so well.
;3; I like my oversized chicken!

It's most likely I see Lugia as too sleek and void of any interesting color. Ho-oh is warm~ and colorful, and it pleases me.

In the strange and personal category, I could see Ho-oh as being female, while that's pretty hard to do with Lugia. And..I like powerful females.

Battling has never really been a factor of why I would favor one pokemon over another.

zZRaoto
June 19th, 2009, 12:21 PM
This is for the person that said Lugia was stronger. >.<

Lugia's Base Stats
Hp: 106
Attack: 90
Defense: 130
Sp. Attack: 90
Sp. Defense: 154
Speed: 110

Ho-oh's Base Stats:

Hp: 106
Attack: 130
Defense: 90
Sp. Attack: 110
Sp. Defense: 154
Speed: 90

For battles I would choose Ho-oh.
Looks, I choose Lugia.

Satoshi Ookami
June 19th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Lugia, it was even reason why I played Silver before Gold

alyssa marie
June 20th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Lugia. Ho-oh is still a pretty neat Pokemon though.

Poke'Master24
June 20th, 2009, 11:26 AM
This is a tough call, but I'd say I'd probably go with Lugia because of its Psychic/Flying typing. We've already seen another fire/flying in Moltres so it makes Ho-Oh feel like an advanced version of moltres.

Idiot!
June 20th, 2009, 08:46 PM
This is a tough call, but I'd say I'd probably go with Lugia because of its Psychic/Flying typing. We've already seen another fire/flying in Moltres so it makes Ho-Oh feel like an advanced version of moltres.

So what if Lugia is Psychic/Flying? Natu and Xatu are supportive Psychic/Flying too. And they (Natu and Xatu) are, by far, worse than the other two offensive Fire/Flying by the names of Charizard and Moltres.

I like Ho-oh better. Sacred Fire is just better when a CH Aeroblast just couldn't OHKO. Besides, high critical hit ratio has a lower percentage than 50% burn

solaris knight
June 21st, 2009, 04:40 AM
Lugia. It was one of my favourite pokémon when the second generation was released. Though for some reason I got Gold. Go figure.

And original Aeroblast FTW.

RicanPKMN87
June 21st, 2009, 05:37 PM
lugia does it for me, hooh still good

JP
June 21st, 2009, 05:39 PM
Without even thinking, Lugia. One of my very favorite Pokemon.

Missingno.7-4468
June 22nd, 2009, 07:49 AM
Ho-oh for me. I don't know why though, that's just what I prefer.

The Darkest Gale
June 22nd, 2009, 07:52 AM
I think it would be like kyogre and groudon fight draw sleep

Oblivion Reaper 2.0
June 22nd, 2009, 07:55 AM
Ho-oh hands down
Lugia is also awesome
I'm very torn

Cassino
June 22nd, 2009, 08:13 AM
Ho-oh.
Phoenixes > weird Loch Ness Monster things

Ecks-Dee
June 22nd, 2009, 08:17 AM
Lugia all the way for me! It is actually my ultimate favourite legendary, i think.

I have hated Ho-oh ever since i've seen it, for some irrational and unfound reason O_o

Epsikon Sato
June 22nd, 2009, 03:42 PM
Lugia. He's stronger and he made more anime appearances.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
June 22nd, 2009, 09:57 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Lugia. Yeah, Ho-oh can make rainbows and raise the dead, but... I still think Lugia is cooler. XD

HeartGoldnSoulSilver
June 22nd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Lugia: controls the 3 legendary birds, I think looks cooler, Aero Blast

Ho-oh: revived the 3 legendary beasts (So I guess they owe their lives to it), It's the more important of the 2 birds (I just think that), Sacred Fire

I can't choose!

Inferno1
June 22nd, 2009, 10:33 PM
Lugia i dont even think this is a question lugia is heaps better than ho oh

Kazukii
June 22nd, 2009, 10:43 PM
Ho-Oh's pretty awesome.. so I guess I prefer gold?

Oh, The Places You'll Go.
June 22nd, 2009, 10:53 PM
Oh, the beautiful Ho-Oh stole my heart.
Haha, didn't realize I refered to HeartGold this now. (Ho-Oh and Heart. I'm sucha nerddd xD)
Lugia is okay, it's the best -whatever it is- out there.
<3

kurusakiz
June 22nd, 2009, 11:15 PM
Lugia OWNZ

lugia has water type attacks, so he'll probably win

derozio
June 23rd, 2009, 04:54 AM
I prefer Lugia over Ho-Oh as lugia is just way cooler than Ho-Oh is! I dont really like Lugia only because he can counter Ho-Oh but because Lugia is special for me in a different way that I probably can't describe.

Doctortux
June 23rd, 2009, 09:47 AM
I like Lugia better because it looks way cooler. Ho-Oh looks too much like Fearow.

UraharaSteph
June 23rd, 2009, 09:56 AM
I'm going to have to go with Lugia. I never really liked how Ho-oh looked.... and its name is kinda lame :P

Dirtyjerry
June 23rd, 2009, 11:35 PM
Ho-oh. ever since gsc came out he's always been one of my favorite pokemon.

White Glint
June 23rd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Again, I'm using the movie thing against everyone.

Lugia. Here's why!

He looks cool.
His voice was awesome in the movie.
His defenses are INSANE.
Because he's Psychic/Flying. Epic Combo.
Cuz he has his own movie. And even has episodes bases off of him!
Cuz Ho-oh wasn't worth it in Crystal. Too much damn work....
He has Eyeshields. C'mon, really.

Ho-oh is cool, but I take Lugia any day. But Ho-oh gets props, because he's cool.(Besides, he's the ONLY legendary with a - in it's name. And he makes a rainbow when he flies.)

Turke
June 25th, 2009, 01:05 AM
I'll go with Lugia, it's one of my favorites. Plus, I never really liked Ho-oh that much.

DoodleZ
June 25th, 2009, 01:15 AM
I Prefer Lugia in all aspects
and for some weird reason i think that if pokemon could talk, Ho-ho would be a snobbish pokemon :/

HirakuNoShadow
June 25th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Definitely Lugia - Stronger Defensive capabilities (albeit weaker Offense) and a somewhat more "blessed" (?) typing than Ho-Oh and looks much cooler :D

Stealth Rock + Ho-Oh = 1 Unhappy Phoenix.

Droidz
June 25th, 2009, 03:56 AM
I use to like Ho-Oh when i was a kid then i saw Pokemon The Movie 2000 and i was like Lugia is awesome.

Forever
June 25th, 2009, 05:23 AM
omg, I love both.

Ho-Oh though, because I remember the tower in ek-- town I can't spell. Lugia took more effort to find and I dislike its attacks. Although I think Lugia was stronger, lol.

Conan Edogawa
June 25th, 2009, 07:22 AM
I have to go with Lugia. Lugia looks cooler, is stronger, and overall better in my opinion.

Giraffes? Giraffes!
June 25th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I don't like Ho-ohs sprite/design really, ;/. I never liked it tbh, i'm choosing Lugia cause it looks a lot better :)

LugiaFreak
June 25th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Lugia.

Need I say more? Really, people. v_v

.inLOVE
June 25th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Ho-Oh. It's the rainbow Pokemon. How could a water Pokemon ever beat that out? :3

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 27th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I like Lugia more,
nuff sed.

:t354:TG