PDA

View Full Version : Heracross vs Pinsir

Wings Don't Cry
June 19th, 2009, 12:52 AM
I've been seeing a few of these lately so I thought I should make one :D

Well who do you think would win overall, so not just battle but for looks and coolness and all sorts?

I'd choose Pinsir for better battler but Heracross definitely looks cooler, their fighting abilities are quite close but Heracross is just way cooler so I would choose Heracross

Ayselipera
June 19th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Well Heracross has a higher Hp and Sp Defense
While Pinsir has a higher Defense and Sp Attack.

I think I would have to choose Heracross when it
comes to battling since I would be using more Attack
moves then Sp Attack so Pinsir's higher Sp Attack
stat doesn't do much for me.

When it comes to looks though Pinsir is the cooler pokemon.

Ecks-Dee
June 19th, 2009, 07:21 AM
I don't like either, but if i had to, i would choose Heracross. It seems nicer :)

XxDawnfanxX
June 19th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I like both, I enjoyed catching Pinsir in the pokemon bug contests. However, Heracross's megahorn has me won over.

Limey-chan
June 19th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Not a fan of either, but if push came to shove it would have to be Heracross. Can be quite the weapon if you train it properly and give it the right moves.

Superjub
June 19th, 2009, 09:01 AM
None of them really appeal to me. :\ if I had to choose one, I'd have to pick Heracross. Not only does it have a better type combination (in my opinion) I love it's design. :3 Oh,and I also prefer it's colour. :D

Alec_
June 19th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Okay let's see this first! XD
Heracross Stats:
Hp: 80
Attack: 125
Defense: 75
Special Attack:40
Special Defense: 95
Speed: 85
Total: 500.
Let's see Pinsir Stats:
Hp: 65
Attack: 125
Defense: 100
Special Attack:55
Special Defense: 70
Speed: 85
Total: 500.

They are just tie in stats.XD. But i think it depends on how the way you battle and how the way you use their Skills. :3

~Fairytales.

HeartGoldnSoulSilver
June 19th, 2009, 09:13 AM
" their fighting abilities are quite close but Heracross is just way cooler so I would choose Heracross"

Gummy
June 19th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I remember for the longest time I thought Heracross was part Steel and Pinsir evolved into it via Metal Coat + Trade. xD
Anyways, I've never owned a Pinsir because my team has never really had a need for it, but I've owned multiple Heracross, so I vote for Hera.

幕之内 一歩
June 19th, 2009, 08:37 PM
They are just tie in stats.XD. But i think it depends on how the way you battle and how the way you use their Skills.

I think the move sets and typing is what separates the two.

Haha. Poor Pinsir. Only one vote. Game wise, Heracross would probably win, as well as in the anime. He's just seems like a hands down better battler.

True Reign
June 19th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I like to use various pokemon, but if I had to choose, I would definitely say Heracross. It's part fighting type definitely gives it the edge to win in this poll.

TentacruelZ
June 19th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Pinsir is better respect the classics man

Satoshi Ookami
June 19th, 2009, 11:18 PM
I'm not really fan of bug types but if I have to choose I'd vote for Pinsir

SnowpointQuincy
June 20th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I'm Currently Training a Pinsir right now. the Main reason is Mold Breaker. That is Pinsir's edge.

LegenZs
June 20th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Whell i would have to say heracross it has better speed
but Pinsir has the good old mold breaker

The Darkest Gale
June 20th, 2009, 09:46 AM
heracross because
1. He is cooler
2. I'm better usin ghim in battle than pinsir

Jake♫
June 20th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Heracross definitely. Competitive wise, its dual STAB moves of Megahorn and Close Combat are too good to pass up, and its lacking defense stat doesn't matter, as it is more of a hit-and-runner anyways

Idiot!
June 20th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Heracross wins. He's blue and is far better at battling

Inferno1
June 20th, 2009, 10:12 PM
100% for heracross it is awesome

Superspaztastic13
June 20th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Heracross - Airal Ace !!!!

dark_giratina
June 21st, 2009, 08:28 AM
Herocross all the way...its my fav bug pokemon :)

RicanPKMN87
June 21st, 2009, 05:35 PM
heracross just cause we have seen it in action, only pinsir i saw was the one metapod beat by using harden in like episode 4 or 5 way way way back

The Hero Without a Name
June 22nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
I've been seeing a few of these lately so I thought I should make one :D

Well who do you think would win overall, so not just battle but for looks and coolness and all sorts?

I'd choose Pinsir for better battler but Heracross definitely looks cooler, their fighting abilities are quite close but Heracross is just way cooler so I would choose Heracross
Let's see what Heracross has over Pinsir...
-Much better defenses (his HP is actually decent, unlike Pinsir's)
-Fighting STAB
-2 120 base power STABs (Megahorn and Close Combat), as opposed to Pinsir's 80 BP X-Scissor
-Guts (which gives Heracross a boost when he's statused)

Yeah, Pinsir and Heracross's fighting abilities are seriously "quite close." There's a reason Heracross has been consistently OU ever since his introduction in GSC and why Pinsir's always been in his shadow ever since.

derozio
June 23rd, 2009, 05:35 AM
Let's see what Heracross has over Pinsir...
-Much better defenses (his HP is actually decent, unlike Pinsir's)
-Fighting STAB
-2 120 base power STABs (Megahorn and Close Combat), as opposed to Pinsir's 80 BP X-Scissor
-Guts (which gives Heracross a boost when he's statused)

Yeah, Pinsir and Heracross's fighting abilities are seriously "quite close." There's a reason Heracross has been consistently OU ever since his introduction in GSC and why Pinsir's always been in his shadow ever since.
I totally agree with The Hero Without a Name and so I prefer Heracross. But one MORE thing that Heracross has an pinsir doesn't is 4xweakness to flying type to which he goes down before you can say 1. 2. 3.(Only with strong flying attacks though! He may survive some medium powered flying moves.)

Turke
June 25th, 2009, 02:11 AM
I choose pinsir. I just think that it's cooler than Heracross.

Forever
June 25th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Heracross! I've always thought it was a really awesome Pokemon and preferred it over Pinsir because of looks, lol. :]

Giraffes? Giraffes!
June 25th, 2009, 12:33 PM
^ I choose Heracross over Pinsir as well because of looks, i won't go into the competitive aspect like everyone else but, aerial ace ftw.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 27th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I still think that they should have put Pinsir as a Fighting type as well as Heracross, but either way I like Pinsir more than I do Heracross

:t354:TG