PDA

View Full Version : Nidoking VS Tyranitar

Lash
June 19th, 2009, 11:41 AM
So, what do you think? Two big badass Pokemon going at it? Nidoking's horn, all of Tyranitar's spikes, and the fact that they both have the ability to learn attacks such as Ice Beam, a battle like this could really go either way.

But, let us see what the public thinks! Post telling who do you think would win, the ground/poison Nidoking, or the rock/dark Tyranitar.

Quick facts

Nidoking-
4'07" (1.4m)
136.7 ibs (62kg)

Tyranitar-
6'07" (2.0m)
445.3 ibs (202kg)

I say Tyranitar wins this one. Nidoking is strong, but Tyranitar is a little bit bigger, and would probably use it's size to win.
Though, I say Nidoking would still put up a good fight.

msdmario
June 19th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Tyranitar by far.

Nidoking is so outclassed by Tyranitar it isn't funny. Tyranitar's stats are far superior in almost everyway except for Speed which he really doesn't need to beat Nidoking. Tyranitar will OHKO Nidoking everytime with Earthquake with the proper training which means an Attack boosting nature like Adamant and 252 EVs in Attack.

Anxiety.
June 19th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Nidoking
Height: 1.4m
Weight: 62kg
Type: Poison/Ground
Weakness/Strengths:
Water - x2
Electricity - x0
Ice - x2
Fight - x0.5
Poison - x0.25
Ground - x2
Physic - x2
Bug - x0.5
Rock - x0.5
(4 Weaknesses, 5 strengths)

Stats
HP - 272 - 366
Attack - 207 - 311
Defense - 174 - 278
Sp. Attack - 192 - 295
Sp. Defense - 170 - 273
Speed - 192 - 295

http://www.domeofstars.com/pokemon/nidoking.png

Tyranitar
Height: 2.0m
Weight: 202kg
Type: Rock/Dark
Weaknesses/Strengths:
Normal - x0.5
Fire - x0.5
Water - x2
Grass - x2
Fight - x4
Poison - x0.5
Ground - x2
Flying - x0.5
Bug - x2
Ghost - x0.5
Dark - x0.5
Steel - x2
(6 Weaknesses, 6 Strengths)

Stats
HP - 310 - 404
Attack - 300 - 403
Defense - 247 - 350
Sp. Attack - 214 - 317
Sp. Defense - 225 - 328
Speed - 139 - 243

http://www.pokemondungeon.com/pokedex/images/tyranitar.jpg

Just to help put some fact behind what you guys say.

Personally, I prefer Tyranitar, he's bigger, heavier and looks more violent. They're both good pokemon, don't get me wrong, but, Tyranitar just cuts it for me.

zZRaoto
June 19th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Okay, I get it. Your not basing it on the Pokemon game stats and stuff.

That would be a close match. I would say Nidoking is a bit nimble and would have sort of an upper hand, depending on what attacks the Tyranitar uses.

Let's say the Tyranitar goes in for a Bite attack, Nidoking could dodge and hit it with a Horn Drill or maybe Ice Beam. But then let's say Tyranitar actually gets a hit on Nidoking, it would take a lot of health from it. I would have to say the battle can go anyway depending on the training of the Pokemon.

carter756978
June 19th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Nidoking... he's classic therefore amazing

Kagura
June 19th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Without all the technicalities of EV's and all that jazz.. I think Nidoking would definitely put up a good fight. Just next time make sure to clarify if you want EV's and things like that counted or not, and just the Pokemon. Nidoking is indeed very nimble, so it might have some speed advantage, but if Tyranitar gets a few good hits in, it would be over.

My verdict would be Nidoking would win if it was a long drawn out battle. However Tyranitar would win if the battle was short or in a small space.

*throws 2 cents down a well*

Tsukimaru
June 19th, 2009, 01:54 PM
tyranitar just let nidoking behind. it has lot of more defense, attack nd hp than nidoking.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
June 19th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Well, if nidoking gets in a horn drill, its all over, ain't it?

Wings Don't Cry
June 19th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Well, if nidoking gets in a horn drill, its all over, ain't it?

Well if Tyranitar gets in a fissure it's also over is it not and fissure seems more likely to hit than horn drill(not based on games)

True Reign
June 19th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Tyranitar.

His awesomeness just wins the fight.

Satoshi Ookami
June 19th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Tyranitar, he might be weaker but he's better then Nidoking

DoodleZ
June 20th, 2009, 02:36 AM
Tyranitar eats 5 Nidokings for breakfast. without milk.

Ayselipera
June 20th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Well in this case seeing as Tyranitar is so much stronger it would most likely win.
But it also depends on how well each trainer trains the pokemon.

altaria221
June 20th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Nidoking, in competitive play, one on one, tyranitar would probably boast a babiri berry to prevent getting murdered by scizor
Nidoking+choice band+brick break=bye bye tyranitar the tyrant and long live the king :)

Dark Azelf
June 20th, 2009, 08:23 AM
With a Choice Band Nidoking easily wins 1 vs one since it outspeeds and OHKO's with Earthquake. Without a CB Nidoking fails to OHKO and it is OHKO'd in return by tar.

It really depends on the situation and the ev spread/item on each.

Arumus
June 20th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Well it's Tyranitar hands down. But Nidoking is so much cooler don't you think? I feel that Nidoking and Nidoqueen should have a good boost for competitive battling, seeing as they are considered to be strong Pokémon from Kanto in the Anime yet the games don't seem to say the same.

RicanPKMN87
June 21st, 2009, 05:28 PM
nido is a king, hes an old school pkmn, i mean both r great but i lean most for nido king, plus in red he was my one of my power houses

Turke
June 25th, 2009, 01:53 AM
I say Nidoking because,even though Tyranitar is bigger, Nidoking is faster.

Giraffes? Giraffes!
June 25th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Tyranitar. It looks a lot better and it's super powerful :P

Nidoking does deserve to get some respect though, it can use a lot of useful attacks.

lolwut
June 25th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Tyranitar wins hands down, like kurausa said, it looks better and it's much stronger.

derozio
June 26th, 2009, 02:12 AM
The battle could go either way as Tyranitar can Earthquake Nidoking to death with its enormous strength or Nidoking can use some good fighting move to kick T-tar out of the fight(4Xweakness). I think that T-tar may win as he can survive a fighting attack from nidoking but we can't say the same about nidoking who can easily get knocked out by STABed Earthquake from T-tar because of his enormous strength.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 27th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Another one -.-"
thats it I'm asking for a sticky
Well for me, I'm going to have to go with Nidoking because its not as over rated as Tyranitar and I like Poison typed Pokemon

:t354:TG

gameplayinfreak
July 16th, 2009, 04:16 PM
well it depends on how you look at it. tyranitar has by far better stats (with the exception of speed), looks way better (that doesnt really matter), and it learns some better moves. the only problem is that it evolves at level 55 which is extremely high if you start with it as a larvitar at an average level. nidoking on the other hand is faster, is less vulnerable to other pokemon (type wise that it), and you can evolve nidorino whenever you can and feel like it. if i had the time id take tyranitar but nidoking is my choice (especially because i found a male nidoran that was shiny).

Formula1
July 16th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Nidoking just Has Dominance written all over him
Tyranitar is just a big 'ol mean guy

THough Nidoking has a really weird type O_o and Tyranitar's makes more sense.
I say Mr. Nido is much more awesome

Samme!
July 16th, 2009, 05:11 PM
For some reason Tyranitar really annoys me... i guess because it seems so mean and ruthless.... Nidoking seems to be a little more forgiving and nicer ^_^

Sweet Smoochum
July 16th, 2009, 05:57 PM
I think we should have the member with the strongest Nidoking, who has EV trained and got their Nidoking to max stats and give it the best moves you can give it. And do the same with Tyranitar. Then make a battle video using vs. recorder to record the battle. Then display it using Jubilife's gts on wifi. To make sure, have the battle three times. The best 2 out of three wins it. Then, I'll make my decision.

Samme!
July 16th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I think we should have the member with the strongest Nidoking, who has EV trained and got their Nidoking to max stats and give it the best moves you can give it. And do the same with Tyranitar. Then make a battle video using vs. recorder to record the battle. Then display it using Jubilife's gts on wifi. To make sure, have the battle three times. The best 2 out of three wins it. Then, I'll make my decision.

That would be awesome! It would be so cool to see them go head to head and find out who really is the best :)

xxxLatiasxxx
July 16th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Tyranitar not only is it cooler looking but it can learn a variety of moves that are different types.

Yaliw
July 16th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Hmmm... Nidoking can use a Double Kick, that would most likely destroy Tyranitar right there,

I dunno. i hate TTar... so im biase

ZaneZalen
July 16th, 2009, 11:39 PM
I think Tyrannitar would win personally.
He's bigger, has enivoremnetal moves(Sandstorm,Earthquake)(to make up for his slowness) and stronger

drunk ¬_¬
July 17th, 2009, 02:11 AM
HAIL THE KING SON !!!

i never really liked t-tar, it looks so... obstructive... as in: 'it looks like a nuisance',
nidoking, on the other hand, was my powerhouse on: yellow, blue, and firered, and he's pretty much the first pokemon i always try to get, so he gets the win hands down...

Malicious Metang
July 17th, 2009, 07:40 PM
I don't understand. Is this basically a "pick your favorite Pokemon" or are we actually going to base this off game stats? If we go by the former, then Tyranitar wins sheerly because it's awesome and has a sexy design (Nidoking is too, but he comes short of matching Tyranitar's awesomeness). By gamestats, a Choice Band Nidoking would outrun and OHKO Tyranitar, however, CB Nidoking is extremely rare, thus it fails to OHKO. Tyranitar can run DD or CB and come out on top...Yeah boring, etc...but Tyranitar wins. It has higher stats in every category but Speed, which doesn't help it due to its inability to crush teams like Tyranitar.

potatoshreder
July 17th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Well, imah pretend this is animie wise, Ttar is bigger and stronger, while Nido is faster, and still packs a punch.

Basicly it's your average Chuck vs. Lee fight... And who won that again ':?

Nido ftw

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
July 18th, 2009, 04:34 AM
I've always liked Nidoking, so I picked him :P

salmence33
July 18th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Nidoking would win
It's faster and gets STAB power from earthquake and could easily OHKO a tyranitar

The Scientist
July 19th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I say that Xatu swoops down out of nowhere and pwns the both of them.

machinegun777
July 19th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Nidoking is a very strong Pokemon, but Tyranitar is much stronger.

Andcetera
July 19th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Like most say, depends on the moves they both have.
I think both of the are pretty bad A$$ though <33333

Superjub
July 19th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I dunno why, but I prefer Tyranitar. :\ He just looks more...cooler. ;DAlso, he has higher stats. Although Nidoking looks pretty cool too, and he's one of the originals. :3

Skullking17
July 19th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Not going off of stats and the games. I say nidoking

LLLLLink
May 23rd, 2010, 06:41 PM
Base stat Nidoking vs base stat Tyranitar, Nidoking wins 80% of the time with a 0HKO. Superpower + Rivalry + Speed advantage.

Also, Tyranitar got owned by a Togepi's Double Edge in the manga. Nidoking got owned by... Mewtwo. So, yeah. :|

mystic_flygon
May 23rd, 2010, 07:27 PM
Tyranitar cuz he has higher base stats =)

Aureol
May 23rd, 2010, 08:32 PM
Based on stats and whatnot, it's obviously Tyranitar. All you have to do is remember he's a psuedo-legendary, while Nidoking evolves from something on Route 2.

Taking out stats, I way prefer Nidoking. He's so cool, having a horn and being purple and stuff. Tyranitar... well, he's big. Besides, Poison-types are always cooler :P

LLLLLink
May 23rd, 2010, 08:46 PM
In-game at base stats, Nidoking wins via Superpower. Nidoking has the movepool required to outdo a Tyranitar. Out of the game, Nidoking wins via Fissure (remember that Sandshrew's Fissure in ep 8?)
Also, I don't think that "pseudo-legendary" is a valid argument. It isn't even a canon term used in the games...

Crimson assassin
May 23rd, 2010, 09:31 PM
I'll go with nidoking he has a larger move pool, super fang makes him an excellent wall breaker, sucker punch is priority so he can kill off opponents who are faster like say latias or gengar without them touching him first, not to mention when is the last time you saw a t-tar kill a celibi with one hit without setting up first

Went
May 23rd, 2010, 11:38 PM
Whoa LLLLLink, this thread hadn't got any posts for almost a whole year.
Please don't revive threads after a month of inactivity, it's against the rules D: