PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa

Pokeyomom
June 20th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Okay so i'm a bit paranoid this program, or some of it's remnents are left on my computer. My Nephew used to use it all the time here, and I think there are still some songs from it on my computer. Is this anything to worry about?; If so, how do I go about eliminating this crap.

I know... I'm paranoid:s Lol.

twocows
June 20th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Okay so i'm a bit paranoid this program, or some of it's remnents are left on my computer. My Nephew used to use it all the time here, and I think there are still some songs from it on my computer. Is this anything to worry about?; If so, how do I go about eliminating this crap.

I know... I'm paranoid:s Lol.
Search for any MP3 files in the user directory (or wherever it is Kazaa stores its files). If they're not songs you've purchased and don't appear to be part of some program's music or sound files, delete them. Also, if there's still a Kazaa folder in your programs directory, delete it. You shouldn't have to worry about anything else; just having Kazaa on your computer is not illegal in and of itself. If you're really paranoid, I'd recommend doing a free space wipe with CCleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com/), but honestly, it shouldn't be necessary. Finally, encourage your nephew to purchase songs on services like iTunes or Amazon instead of downloading potentially illegal copies.