PDA

View Full Version : Tyranitar or Metagross

TentacruelZ
June 20th, 2009, 01:59 PM
They are both badass looking awesome to have in your party both Pseudo-ledgendarys so who would win in a fight Tyranitar or Metagross

I say Tyranitar due to Psychic being immune to it cuz Tyranitar is Dark but anything could happen

templekeeper
June 20th, 2009, 02:01 PM
What happens if I say Nidoking? Wait, in that case, Metagross wins... [snip: keep that to yourself, you're just causing unnecessary drama. :/]

Ayselipera
June 20th, 2009, 02:06 PM
most likely Tyranitar since dark is powerful against psychic and Tyranitar has the immunity. Like you said though anything is possible.

Wings Don't Cry
June 20th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Well Metagross is faster and higher attack, so its hammer arm does 4x damage to Tyranitar and its meteor mash is also super effective and it gets STAB

So Metagross

Misheard Whisper
June 20th, 2009, 04:20 PM
It depends on the movesets. A Tyranitar running Dragon Dance and Earthquake could easily take out a Metagross, whereas a Hammer Arming Metagross could just as easily pound a Tyranitar into the ground. Tyranitar is better in one respect, as it gets the Special Defense boost from Sandstorm, but Metagross is better in another respect because it doesn't have a 4x weakness to any type. Essentially, nobody can really truly say which is better, as each Pokemon has its merits and flaws. Hell, I've seen a Mime Jr. and a Numel take down a Garchomp and a Lucario in a double battle. Yet everyone calls Garchomp an Uber; in most cases, it is. No Pokemon is truly better than another, but fans have been trying to answer that question for over a decade.

True Reign
June 20th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Tyranitar because it's my favorite out of the two, lol.

Satoshi Ookami
June 20th, 2009, 11:50 PM
I like Metagross more but Tyranitar would win because of the immunity to psychic attacks

Silver_Hell
June 21st, 2009, 07:02 AM
I don't like so much Metagross :| I don't know why, Tyranitar is way better to me :)

Kazukii
June 21st, 2009, 07:08 AM
Metagross is a a better overall.

derozio
June 24th, 2009, 02:02 AM
It depends on the movesets. A Tyranitar running Dragon Dance and Earthquake could easily take out a Metagross, whereas a Hammer Arming Metagross could just as easily pound a Tyranitar into the ground. Tyranitar is better in one respect, as it gets the Special Defense boost from Sandstorm, but Metagross is better in another respect because it doesn't have a 4x weakness to any type. Essentially, nobody can really truly say which is better, as each Pokemon has its merits and flaws. Hell, I've seen a Mime Jr. and a Numel take down a Garchomp and a Lucario in a double battle. Yet everyone calls Garchomp an Uber; in most cases, it is. No Pokemon is truly better than another, but fans have been trying to answer that question for over a decade.
I completely agree with him. Hey Buddy, you just stole what I was about to post!! Just joking!!:D. Both of them are different and so I won't tell which I think is stronger but I'll say that Metagross is the one I prefer in terms of looks!

Dawn's Hat
June 24th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Tyranitar, because I think that Hoenn Pokemon look really bad, Gross included. Tyranitar brings back the memories of catching a Larvitar on Mt. Silver and levelling it up.

white lancer
June 24th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I voted Metagross, because I think it would have the advantage in a battle, but I much prefer Tyranitar.

Turke
June 25th, 2009, 12:28 AM
I say Tyranitar because it looks like a bad ass

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 28th, 2009, 06:28 AM
To me Tyranitar gets KO more often than Metagross but then again Metagross is a Psychic type (which I can't stand btw) so I'll have to go with Tyranitar

:t354:TG

Yaliw
June 28th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Metagross. 252Atk/252Def + CB Bullet Punch = win

Edit: metagross is Steel/Psychic while Tyranitar is Rock/Dark

Steel > Rock
Steel resists dark too so Metagross doesn't have a dark weakness.

please learn your types

MissDiVa
June 29th, 2009, 10:53 AM
metagross is better

that lizard is just so darn slow, I never had problems with him.

one Close C from lucario and he is gone.

metagross is a pain the butt, he never dies.