PDA

View Full Version : What's going to happen to Crys?

bubblewrap
June 20th, 2009, 03:03 PM
As you know, there is a new girl with brown hair and a different outfit as the new HG/SS girl trainer.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/3/39/HGSSSoul.png

Will Crys like... move away or something? Or do you think she'll stay the same and just change her outfit?
I'm not sure if she's Crys, because in some older manga covers Crys herself has brown hair. http://www.sidzcolleczion.com/pokemon11.jpg

Discuss.

Melodyfree
June 20th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Since Crystal already has brown hair, they could change her outfit if they really wanted to.
If not, they'll probably just introduce her as a new character.

Manny626
June 20th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Was'nt Crystal/Marina's hair blue?

bubblewrap
June 20th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Was'nt Crystal/Marina's hair blue?

Yeah, it's presently blue. However, in my first post I found an old manga cover with a brunette Crys. I think they changed it from brown to blue.

Since Crystal already has brown hair, they could change her outfit if they really wanted to.
If not, they'll probably just introduce her as a new character.

Yeah. One of those two. I don't think they'd replace Crys.

Mileyangel
June 21st, 2009, 11:37 AM
If they're replacing Crys in the games, there's a pretty good chance they'll do likewise in the manga, since the manga is based off the games.

Mika555
June 21st, 2009, 12:28 PM
I think that it is very unlikely that they will replace Crystal even if they introduce a new character and I really do not considered the game character to be the same character as the Pokemon Special character just counterparts that they design with based off of. I notice the pattern of the Pokedex Holdercharacters are based off of games version such as Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum all which are game version. Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen are remake version of Pokemon Red and Green and Pokemon HearGold and SoulSilver are remakes of Pokemon Gold and Silver meaning there were never any characters named 'Fire' or 'Leaf' in the manga. There was a character name 'Leaf' in the game who was believed to be based off the same design as Blue from Special from the guidebook from the generation one games but Pokemon Special names the characters based on game version. I could see this girl as a supportive character if she is proven not to be a redesign of Crys' game counterpart. Though I think it would be much easier for the writers if they to let Crys wear the girl's clothes regardless. Though I was wonder why the author made Crys' hair brown at first constrast to her game counterparts hair which is greenish blue. The only way I can see her new character introduce as a Pokedex Holder is if she had timetraveled from the past or from the future. That is just my personally thoughts on this.

Ambellina
June 21st, 2009, 12:33 PM
they're not replacing her. She's the spokesgirl for silver so-to-speak. they can't get rid of crystal. they have really nothing to do with one another

Sora
June 21st, 2009, 12:36 PM
If they're replacing Crys in the games, there's a pretty good chance they'll do likewise in the manga, since the manga is based off the games.

They can't just simply throw Crystal out of the Manga, just because of the game. Besides, is Yellow part of the games? Is Emerald? Well, yet, they have their own arcs, but their character design was never made in the game.

Though there is a new girl who is possible going to be a new character, they're not going to get rid of Crystal. Especially considering it's PokeSpe, and even though they "follow" the game, they don't do it exact. Emerald Arc pretty much says all, with all the Pokedex Holders coming together.

Clover Cat
June 21st, 2009, 02:16 PM
I thought there was another thread for this already. Myeh, I'll answer anyway.

Like Peaches said, you can't just throw a character out of a story (And a main character at that) and then leave them to rot in the background. It doesn't work that way. Besides, even if they DID replace her, they'd have to come up with everything that makes up a character anew--Personality, history, some type of unique talent, interactions with the other characters, etc. It would just be much easier to take an already formed character and change the appearance a bit. This is POKESPE we're talking about, guys. If they give her the clothes, it won't make her look terrible, and they can always come up with something in the story anyway. Either that or they could officially make her hair brown, since it seems they change it every few volumes or so. XP Besides, even if they replace her, Crystal has some fans of her own. And they won't be happy if she fades away. >(

Mika555
June 21st, 2009, 05:13 PM
Yes have a point clover_bookcat, most of main characters in Pokemon Special are three-dimensional unlike in the protagonists in the games who is silent and gender choice that is left unchosen plays the supportive role, who is one-dimensional. The main characters Pokemon anime characters are considered two-dimensional meaning not quite one-dimensional or three-dimensional, but some of them they do have somewhat of a backstory, but it is not as indepth as most of main characters from Pokemon Special. I have doubts sure about there being a new Pokedex Holder in an Pokemon Special arc based of Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver based the pattern of how the writers named the Pokedex Holders unless they do something unexpected such as her being a visitor from the past or future or she would be a character who play a supportive main role. Personally though I think that the writers are most likely going to redress Crys in those clothes because she has a similar hairstyle as the female protagonist of HGSS, she is wearing shorts of some kind, and even has brown hair. Even though Crys' hair was change to navy blue from chestnut brown it became brown again as shown on Volume 27 cover. There are many way's to give Crys' the clothes and she could appreciate the clothes or either does not have to like them at first. I mean there are plenty of ways to get a character to wear clothes. It could be a present from her mother, it could have been a gift for Emerald, she could be going to a school to learn more about Pokemon and that could be the uniform that they wear, she decides to work on a farm temporarily, or she could disguise her for some reason.

bubblewrap
June 21st, 2009, 06:47 PM
AHH HUGE BLOCKS OF TEXT
After hearing everyone's opinion, I think that they'll just change Crys' clothes and/or make her hair brown again.
Pokemon hair dye? Ahahah.
Or Crys goes on like Extreme Makeover or something? That would be so cool LOL

Clover Cat
June 21st, 2009, 06:54 PM
AHH HUGE BLOCKS OF TEXT
After hearing everyone's opinion, I think that they'll just change Crys' clothes and/or make her hair brown again.
Pokemon hair dye? Ahahah.
Or Crys goes on like Extreme Makeover or something? That would be so cool LOL
They had Emerald use wax, lol. XD Based on her mom's appearance...I think that's where she gets the clothes. Or Emerald and Ruby design them together and send them as a gift. XP -shot by fangirls-

charizard_maa
June 21st, 2009, 06:56 PM
I don't keep up with the manga but it does seem like Crys's image will change when they go over the storyline that will be HGSS for the manga. As I said before, I don't keep up with the manga's storyline but maybe this image of the girl for HGSS could be like Crys during the events of what was the RSY storyline so we could get like some prequel to the GSC manga storyline. That or we may get some reason as to why Crys had to go brunette once they reach the HGSS storyline.

bubblewrap
June 21st, 2009, 07:10 PM
^ Hey, that's a great idea! c:
Seriously, I could have never thought of that, LOL.

Zippie
June 22nd, 2009, 02:23 PM
My assumption is they're going to keep Crystal and just give her a whole new outfit change. Crystal is too much of an important character to lose especially all she's done during the G/S/C arc.

Mika555
June 22nd, 2009, 04:23 PM
Hello this was found by another person, but I think the reason that Crys had brown hair in Pokemon Special could have been influenced from the sprite that I put in spoilers.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gsctrainer05.gif
It was found on this page (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gsctrainerpics.html) and this page (http://www.pokestadium.com/sprites/gsc_trainers) . It also shows Gold's game counterpart two sprites having blue hair and a blue shirt as well. I think the sprite could be an alter color panel or something like that. This character sprite could explain the reason on why the Pokemon Special writers intially gave Crystal brown hair. Notice I said could since the sprite is not that colorful.

Anyway I think Gold and Silver will get more role than Crystal in the HGSS arc just like the FRLG arc focus primarily on Red and Green got more role than in the FRLG arc, but I still think Crystal will play a major role in the arc though.

Clover Cat
June 23rd, 2009, 06:49 AM
But Mika, that doesn't make sense. Even if they based her hair color on that sprite, the pokemon game creators always release a full scale, colored picture of the main characters, usually on the game boxes themselves, or CoroCoro. I really think that they might just change her hairstyle so it looks less stiff, but keep the color. They did that for Red, why wouldn't they do it this time? And you know, if they change Crystal's hair to brown, she'll be the THIRD girl to have brown hair, and fourth character overall if you count Green's (Although I think his is more orangey then brown).

Mika555
June 23rd, 2009, 02:39 PM
But Mika, that doesn't make sense. Even if they based her hair color on that sprite, the pokemon game creators always release a full scale, colored picture of the main characters, usually on the game boxes themselves, or CoroCoro. I really think that they might just change her hairstyle so it looks less stiff, but keep the color. They did that for Red, why wouldn't they do it this time? And you know, if they change Crystal's hair to brown, she'll be the THIRD girl to have brown hair, and fourth character overall if you count Green's (Although I think his is more orangey then brown).

Even though the girl's hair are brown they are different shades of brown, Blue hair is mid-brown, Crystal hair is sometimes dark brown, and Sapphire's hair is silverish brown. Though I really would not matter to me if they let her hair stay navy blue though.

Clover Cat
June 23rd, 2009, 03:08 PM
Even though the girl's hair are brown they are different shades of brown, Blue hair is mid-brown, Crystal hair is sometimes dark brown, and Sapphire's hair is silverish brown. Though I really would not matter to me if they let her hair stay navy blue though.
I guess, but when I picture them all grouped together...The color scheme bugs me, I guess.

Achamo~Torchic
June 24th, 2009, 09:56 PM
die..<-evil me =_=;

Soul is crys' twin :P lol XD

Mika555
June 26th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Has anyone thought about the fact that the hat or clothes could be either popular style or simply an average style in Japan, but looks exotic to foreigners of Japan. I am not saying that everyone in Japan likes the clothes because everyone even if they live in the same country have different opinions and views on clothes. Of course I like the outfit, but I had to get use to the hat which I have taking a liking to as well.

Draco Razr
June 27th, 2009, 08:15 PM
You will never know what would happen to Crys! But no doubt she will be in the HG/SS arc!
I'm pretty sure the creators have taken into account how many people love Crys!

pong08
July 5th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Has anyone thought about the fact that the hat or clothes could be either popular style or simply an average style in Japan, but looks exotic to foreigners of Japan. I am not saying that everyone in Japan likes the clothes because everyone even if they live in the same country have different opinions and views on clothes. Of course I like the outfit, but I had to get use to the hat which I have taking a liking to as well.

let's see..... a really big white hat with a hairstyle of farmer's daughter and SUSPENDERS.....

That is a prime example of TACKINESS (hope I spelled that right) I'm not sure if the Japanese really think that's exotic.... but again you probably don't see a lot of people wearing suspenders, but WHO WEAR SUSPENDERS THESE DAYS?!

I mean they should've just dressed her up in like some sort of a modernized kimono/short dress or somthinglike that.

Oh well, too late for that lol

Clover Cat
July 6th, 2009, 02:57 AM

let's see..... a really big white hat with a hairstyle of farmer's daughter and SUSPENDERS.....

That is a prime example of TACKINESS (hope I spelled that right) I'm not sure if the Japanese really think that's exotic.... but again you probably don't see a lot of people wearing suspenders, but WHO WEAR SUSPENDERS THESE DAYS?!

I mean they should've just dressed her up in like some sort of a modernized kimono/short dress or somthinglike that.

Oh well, too late for that lol

Oh, Mika, I didn't think of that. And now that you mention it, you have a point. Yes, pong, I'm serious. I am currently in Japan and I see overalls EVERYWHERE. And that big poofy hat? Seen that too. My cousin has one. Although maybe less Shroomishy then the one that this new girl is wearing. And honestly, if she was wearing a kimono or even a dress, I think that would be even less like Crys then this current appearance. How the heck is she supposed to kick in a SKIRT??

Not that any of this prevents me from seeing the Mario resemblance in this outfit. >.> I don't mind the design (Except for the hat) but the color scheme is...Meh. If Crys' hair stays blue (And I'm not saying it will) then the overall color would be horrible.

fire243
July 6th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Well, given how Crys's mother is like, I won't be surprised if her mother more or less force her to go along with the new shirt.

pokexpress
July 6th, 2009, 06:51 AM
I'm sure it's only Crys with a new outfit. Blue was given Leaf's outfit, so Crys will (almost) surely be given Soul's outfit.

Mika555
July 6th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Oh, Mika, I didn't think of that. And now that you mention it, you have a point. Yes, pong, I'm serious. I am currently in Japan and I see overalls EVERYWHERE. And that big poofy hat? Seen that too. My cousin has one. Although maybe less Shroomishy then the one that this new girl is wearing. And honestly, if she was wearing a kimono or even a dress, I think that would be even less like Crys then this current appearance. How the heck is she supposed to kick in a SKIRT??

Not that any of this prevents me from seeing the Mario resemblance in this outfit. >.> I don't mind the design (Except for the hat) but the color scheme is...Meh. If Crys' hair stays blue (And I'm not saying it will) then the overall color would be horrible.

So I was right about guessing the possiblity of the HGSS heroine clothes being a current popular style in Japan.

Maybe the writers could make some adjustment to the color scheme since they did it with other characters. I agree with you that if Crys hair is navy blue in the HGSS arc then the color scheme could make the color scheme of the overalls seem out of place so they might will change it back to chestnut brown then again the writers did changing Platinum's scarf and Poketch from red to pink though which in my opinion seemed out of place. Though I am think they probably have already change it back to chestnut brown because it is shown on Volume 27 or the writer could have been doing a switcheroo with Crys' hair color.

bubblewrap
July 6th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Ahaha, I can imagine Crys' mom giving her the clothes and Crys would be like "HELL NO" and her mom would be like "HELL YES WEAR THIS SWEETIE."

pong08
July 6th, 2009, 06:51 PM

Well, in that case I guess that fashion is kind of big in Japan. Come to think of it, now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that style of fashion called Shinjuku Style? I might be completely wrong but I think that's what it was called.

And I actally think I'm getting used to her bit by bit..... (can't believe it myself either lol)

Clover Cat
July 7th, 2009, 01:20 AM
So I was right about guessing the possiblity of the HGSS heroine clothes being a current popular style in Japan.

Maybe the writers could make some adjustment to the color scheme since they did it with other characters. I agree with you that if Crys hair is navy blue in the HGSS arc then the color scheme could make the color scheme of the overalls seem out of place so they might will change it back to chestnut brown then again the writers did changing Platinum's scarf and Poketch from red to pink though which in my opinion seemed out of place. Though I am think they probably have already change it back to chestnut brown because it is shown on Volume 27 or the writer could have been doing a switcheroo with Crys' hair color.

Ahaha, I can imagine Crys' mom giving her the clothes and Crys would be like "HELL NO" and her mom would be like "HELL YES WEAR THIS SWEETIE."

Well, in that case I guess that fashion is kind of big in Japan. Come to think of it, now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that style of fashion called Shinjuku Style? I might be completely wrong but I think that's what it was called.

Well, that's what I'm hoping for. I actually liked the previous coloring-it was like a pair look with Gold's outfit. XDD -shot by Mangaquest haters-

I think if Emerald gave her the clothes she'd accept because she's his big sister. I can't imagine her saying no to him if he'd be all, "Crystal, I handmade these clothes with Ruby just for you!" She's too nice of a person for that. ^^

Hey, I'm not a genius on Japanese fashion, so don't look at me. But I think Shinjuku Style would be the latest, cheapest, popular fashion for Japan, since Shinjuku is that kind of place.

Anyway. Can anyone think of a logical way the writers could get rid of/and or change the design of the hat to make it look slightly less Shroomishy? Yes, I hate it that much. >.>

Mika555
July 8th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Anyway. Can anyone think of a logical way the writers could get rid of/and or change the design of the hat to make it look slightly less Shroomishy? Yes, I hate it that much. >.>

Can I see a picture of the regular hat so I can compare and contrast it from the shroomish hat?

pong08
July 8th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Can I see a picture of the regular hat I can compare and contrast it from the shroomish hat?

I just love how we're calling it a shroomish hat.

WEED KILLERS COMIN RIGHT UP!!!!

Clover Cat
July 8th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Can I see a picture of the regular hat so I can compare and contrast it from the shroomish hat?

I just love how we're calling it a shroomish hat.

WEED KILLERS COMIN RIGHT UP!!!!

Sure thing. http://pokedream.com/games/crystal/trainers.jpg

As you can see, the old hat wasn't even a HAT--It was more like a cap of some kind. Compared to that: http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/jippily/PokemonGSgirlandboy2.png (javascript:dyn.onClickNextTbn())

See how different it is? :/

LOL, pong, don't use weed killer, it never works. XD *Starts up chainsaw*

Oh. And seeing Gold's appearances in those pictures...KJLGJKFJLSDLKALLOVERAGAIN.XDDD *Imagines older Gold and drools*

pong08
July 8th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Sure thing. http://pokedream.com/games/crystal/trainers.jpg

As you can see, the old hat wasn't even a HAT--It was more like a cap of some kind. Compared to that: http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/jippily/PokemonGSgirlandboy2.png (http://javascript<b></b>:dyn.onClickNextTbn())

See how different it is? :/

LOL, pong, don't use weed killer, it never works. XD *Starts up chainsaw*

Oh. And seeing Gold's appearances in those pictures...KJLGJKFJLSDLKALLOVERAGAIN.XDDD *Imagines older Gold and drools*

You know, after watching Soul's picture again, I am actually getting used to her appearance. BUT I STILL CAN"T GET USED TO THE FRE**KEN SUSPENDERS!!

Clover Cat
July 8th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Maybe this pic will help you:
http://konbu.gokujou.biz/diary/2009/imgdata/grp0513101228.png

Seeing this, it sorta helped. Fixes an image in your mind, if you will. (The pic ain't mine, btw)

pong08
July 9th, 2009, 05:57 AM

Seeing this, it sorta helped. Fixes an image in your mind, if you will. (The pic ain't mine, btw)

Yes! Thanks you! *Sighs* Looks like Crystal won't look so bad in that new outfit after all. :D (If it happens)

Oh, and I don't know who came up with the Idea that Crystal is going to die, but that's not going to happen and I don't even wanna THINK ABOUT IT.

RubyJB88
July 9th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Ugh. I still can't imagine Crys wearing that. It doesn't suit her at all.

pong08
July 9th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Ugh. I still can't imagine Crys wearing that. It doesn't suit her at all.

you know, maybe they should've changed the colors of the suspenders to something like white. Then it would match. The Color Red and Blue is kinda tacky.... lol

Mika555
July 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I did not think that with Blue wearing the FRLG heroine outfit suited her sly personality because those clothes actually made Blue look like an 'average' girl. So if that can happen then the Pokemon Special writers could also dress Crystal in HGSS heroine's outfit as well. I bet if people knew that there was going to be a FRLG arc before Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen were released there would have been a debate if about Blue wore the FRLG heroine's outfit although many people were aware that Blue has brown hair unlike with Crystal who hair was intitially brown or if the FRLG protagonists and rival were going to be Red, Green, and Blue children in the FRLG arc or something along the lines.

The writer could alter the hat shape, but their is a chance the writers will just leave it alone, but we will see. We will just probaly have to get use to it either way.

Clover Cat
July 9th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I did not think that with Blue wearing the FRLG heroine outfit suited her sly personality because those clothes actually made Blue look like an 'average' girl. So if that can happen then the Pokemon Special writers could also dress Crystal in HGSS heroine's outfit as well. I bet if people knew that there was going to be a FRLG arc before Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen were released there would have been a debate if about Blue wore the FRLG heroine's outfit although many people were aware that Blue has brown hair unlike with Crystal who hair was intitially brown or if the FRLG protagonists and rival were going to be Red, Green, and Blue children in the FRLG arc or something along the lines.

The writer could alter the hat shape, but their is a chance the writers will just leave it alone, but we will see. We will just probaly have to get use to it either way.

Ah, so I wasn't the only one who thought Blue looked much more sexier in her previous outfit. -shot-

Anyway. I agree, Mika, there probably would have been. In all honesty, when I learned there would be a FR/LG arc, I thought they would have replaced Red-he looked NOTHING like the hero in the game. But they didn't, so I'm sticking with Crys not being replaced. (Or I pray that she doesn't)

I suppose that's true. But I still hate it. >.<

Andinator
July 10th, 2009, 11:32 AM
well, I feel sorry that she won't be in the game, but because there probably won't be a crystal remake, its highly understandable that she would be replaced

Mika555
July 10th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Ah, so I wasn't the only one who thought Blue looked much more sexier in her previous outfit. -shot-

Anyway. I agree, Mika, there probably would have been. In all honesty, when I learned there would be a FR/LG arc, I thought they would have replaced Red-he looked NOTHING like the hero in the game. But they didn't, so I'm sticking with Crys not being replaced. (Or I pray that she doesn't)

I suppose that's true. But I still hate it. >.<
To tell you the true if I had known about Pokemon Special back then let alone have known about the FRLG arc back than I would have thought something similar myself since it was the first arc based off a Pokemon game remake that has been attempted. It was only after the FRLG arc started that I read the summarys of the chapter and it was not until a couple years later I read the actual chapters.

well, I feel sorry that she won't be in the game, but because there probably won't be a crystal remake, its highly understandable that she would be replaced

I do not mean to be hostile but there is already a section in the game section that talks discussion of and I do not want have a debate about anything concern the game canon. We are suppose to be discussing about 'What going to happen to Crys?' meaning the Pokemon Special character.

dd4eva
July 11th, 2009, 02:28 AM
I hope they're going to keep her, even if the new outfit is kinda...different? In any case, I'd just be happy to see her there in that outfit then to see her get replaced!

Clover Cat
July 11th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Okay, so assuming that she'll stay in (And I sincerely hope that she does) what kind of role would Crystal play in the manga? I mean, the only thing I can imagine her doing is catching Pokemon, and she's already finished the Johto Pokedex. The recent scans revealed that Eusine and the 3 legendary dogs will be back, so maybe she could meet up with Suicune again?

pong08
July 22nd, 2009, 09:39 AM
Btw, is it just me or did anybody think about what Ruby might think about Crystal's possible new clothes?

Oh man, this would make such a great fanfic comedy lol.

RubyJB88
July 22nd, 2009, 11:50 AM
Hmm, I don't know what Ruby would think about that. Since she is a senior to him it would look pretty awkward.

Mika555
July 22nd, 2009, 03:10 PM
will admit I first saw the clothes I did think they looked strange, but overtime I began to like them and I learn that it is a popular fashion style in Japan and even then I thought that it was a possiblity that Crystal would wear the clothes in the beginning when I saw them. I mean many fans of Pokemon Special wanted Gold, Silver, and Crystal they have yet to change their outfits and wanted another arc dedicated to them, but now as soon as the character designs some people think that the HGSS female character outfit looks horrible and does not want Crys to wear those clothes because of their really dislike the outfit and they think that since the ingame rival has a new hairstyle people do not want Silver to get that hairstyle becaue they say it look awful. I mean people have to learn that our opinion on the outfits does not matter and the author will most likely Crystal in those clothes whether we like it or not. I mean in some country people where clothes that look strange to us and sometime we talk the clothing they where because it looks exotic, some poeple even eat what we tend to think is nasty, or some people believes might seem strange to us. Just because certain individual from another country think a certain style of clothing 'horrible', 'tacky' or 'childish' does not mean that everyone else in the world does.

Clover Cat
July 22nd, 2009, 08:58 PM
Actually, the only people who seem to have issues with the outfit are people that don't live in Japan. I've read several Japanese blogs to see what their opinions were on the outfit, and there isn't a single one that even minorly dislikes the outfit. Some people do say that they don't think Crys would wear it (Based on her personality) but they don't mind the outfit itself. A lot of people actually said they thought it looked cute. ^^

Aaanyway. Ruby shouldn't be allowed to see the outfit until after the first few chapters. Hohoho~XD *Shot*

pong08
July 23rd, 2009, 05:01 AM
Believe it or not, I'm actually getting used to the outfit, and when I saw the soulsilver intro, the cameo looke quite attractive. (I can't believe I'm actually saying this)

Mika555
July 23rd, 2009, 03:16 PM
Actually, the only people who seem to have issues with the outfit are people that don't live in Japan. I've read several Japanese blogs to see what their opinions were on the outfit, and there isn't a single one that even minorly dislikes the outfit. Some people do say that they don't think Crys would wear it (Based on her personality) but they don't mind the outfit itself. A lot of people actually said they thought it looked cute. ^^

Aaanyway. Ruby shouldn't be allowed to see the outfit until after the first few chapters. Hohoho~XD *Shot*
It is not like Crystal is a tomboy. I mean wearing that outfit does not mean that the girl is girly girl. I wear stuff to make myself look pretty but I am not a girly girl. Also I think if she received it as a gift from Emerald she would be willing to accept. In my opinion I think Blue had a new outfit that did not go well with her personality and she still wore it.

TundraCanine
July 23rd, 2009, 03:24 PM
Yea i know, Soul looks retarded. Id rather have Krys be the non rival character.

Mika555
July 23rd, 2009, 03:57 PM
It seems like you just ignored what we have post on Japan's view of the outfit so it would not be seen as 'retarded' to Japanese viewers though some cannot picture her wearing it do to her personality. Not that I say she could not wear the outfit.

By the way I view the discussion on serebii similar to this and the people are still using that since Crys has blue hair that she cannot where the outfit despite the fact that Coronis explained on the first page that she had brown hair. They also said some other things that made me furious, but I do not want to get into it.

Clover Cat
July 23rd, 2009, 07:16 PM
The blue/brown hair thing is attracting attention from people because it's the most obvious change in the characters. Even though there have already been several reasons laid down as to WHY that isn't a liable excuse at this point. >.>

It is not like Crystal is a tomboy. I mean wearing that outfit does not mean that the girl is girly girl I wear stuff to make myself look pretty but I am not a girly girl. Also I think if she received it as a gift from Emerald she would be willing to accept the girls. Also Blue had a new outfit that did not go well with her personality and she still wore it.
Yes, but in terms of style, some people don't think Crys would wear it based on what she wore before. And the Blue outfit thing depends on people's opinions. Honestly, I think it looked okay on her, but I liked her previous outfit better.

Mika555
July 24th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Yes, but in terms of style, some people don't think Crys would wear it based on what she wore before. And the Blue outfit thing depends on people's opinions. Honestly, I think it looked okay on her, but I liked her previous outfit better.

I know what you are saying, though I know what you are trying to say about the style but I would just making a comment. I did not say that I did not like Blue's new outfit I actually do like it as well, but I should have said that in my opinion it did not go with her personality. Though Crystal is athlete and is a research and most people would not expect an athlete person to be interesting in anything related to science, medicine. You probably know do not have to be very smart to be interested in science, medicine, and technology. I would not say that the it technially goes with her personality though I think she can possibly still wear it. Now to come and think about it if Crys was a tomboy it would not be impossible to get a makeover. I mean I know some girl who were not tomboys at first and became tomboys and then stop being a tomboy after a couple of years.

Clover Cat
July 26th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I know what you are saying, though I know what you are trying to say about the style but I would just making a comment. I did not say that I did not like Blue's new outfit I actually do like it as well, but I should have said that in my opinion it did not go with her personality. Though Crystal is athlete and is a research and most people would not expect an athlete person to be interesting in anything related to science, medicine. You probably know do not have to be very smart to be interested in science, medicine, and technology. I would not say that the it technially goes with her personality though I think she can possibly still wear it. Now to come and think about it if Crys was a tomboy it would not be impossible to get a makeover. I mean I know some girl who were not tomboys at first and became tomboys and then stop being a tomboy after a couple of years.
I know you liked Blue's outfit before--you posted so. I was just pointing out that it depended on people's opinions. But that's enough of off topicness.

I don't think I ever said that I thought Crys was a tomboy. I just said that she probably wouldn't wear it for the reason I stated earlier. And she wasn't really a tomboy to begin with--To heck with it, for her first appearance in the manga, she was wearing a skirt, which she continues to wear when she's not battling or capturing Pokemon. So this outfit isn't really her style, but there's always a possibility she could wear it. *Points at Sapphire's various outfits* If she's not a tomboy, then I don't know what is.

balkj06
July 26th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Well, Crys is the catcher so she may be in Shinnoh and in the d/p/pt serires and not HGSS

Mika555
July 27th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I would think that Crystal would make an appearance in the HGSS arc to personify (http://netkun.com/pockemon/story/comic/tanoshimi/what.html) that some of the additions from Pokemon Crystal were in the Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes just like some of the additions from Pokemon Blue, (though there were little) were in the Pokemon Red and Green remakes. Not saying that she could not appear in the Platinum arc though, but I am saying that she will most likely make an appearance and play a major role in the HGSS arc.