PDA

View Full Version : Why not hack games other then pokemon?

Gamer2020
June 20th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I AM SO MISUNDERSTOOD...

I was bored... then I thought. Why do people on this site hack mainly pokemon games?
(of course its called pokecommunity)

Any thoughts people?

oh and if you have hack a game other then pokemon why not post it and ill put it in the first post to show other people it possible to hack other games.
(of course its possible but lets show them.)

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/Gamer2020/random/yeswecan.png - Gamer2020

Vrai
June 21st, 2009, 08:14 AM
I was bored... then I thought. Why do people on this site hack mainly pokemon games?
(of course its called pokecommunity)

Any thoughts people?

oh and if you have hack a game other then pokemon why not post it and ill put it in the first post to show other people it possible to hack other games.
(of course its possible but lets show them.)

We have Pokémon games here because: a) it's the PokéCommunity; b) Pokémon games are significantly easy to emulate and hack; c) they're generally one of the most unique game concepts around, and it's easy to manipulate into anything; d) Pokémon games are awesome.

Any questions?
---
Also, plenty of people hack other games, like the Mario series. There are tons of hacks on those. You might also find some interesting things here (http://www.romhacking.net), too.

thethethethe
June 21st, 2009, 12:27 PM
Lots of other games are hacked. Search for Metroid hacks, Zelda hacks, Donkey Kong hacks, Final Fantasy hacks, Megaman hacks, and others. The reason why you don't see any hacks of other games here at PC, is because most people here are far to reliant on hacker created tools and the people who probably could do the work and figure out how to hack a different game are either too lazy, or are quite happy just hacking Pokemon.

Gamer2020
June 21st, 2009, 12:58 PM
We have Pokémon games here because: a) it's the PokéCommunity; b) Pokémon games are significantly easy to emulate and hack; c) they're generally one of the most unique game concepts around, and it's easy to manipulate into anything; d) Pokémon games are awesome.

Any questions?
---
Also, plenty of people hack other games, like the Mario series. There are tons of hacks on those. You might also find some interesting things here (http://www.romhacking.net), too.

Well actually I think at this point all gba games are easy to emulate.

Lots of other games are hacked. Search for Metroid hacks, Zelda hacks, Donkey Kong hacks, Final Fantasy hacks, Megaman hacks, and others. The reason why you don't see any hacks of other games here at PC, is because most people here are far to reliant on hacker created tools and the people who probably could do the work and figure out how to hack a different game are either too lazy, or are quite happy just hacking Pokemon.

Yeah I figured as much. If it werent for all the tools that exist I doubt as many people would hack pokemon.

BZuma
June 21st, 2009, 02:39 PM
Well actually I think at this point all gba games are easy to emulate.

Yeah I figured as much. If it werent for all the tools that exist I doubt as many people would hack pokemon.
and pokémon is the best and nothing beats it? XD

snap12
June 21st, 2009, 06:32 PM
haha dude this is pokecommunity! we looooove pokemon and we love to hack it!

Gamer2020
June 21st, 2009, 08:50 PM
haha dude this is pokecommunity! we looooove pokemon and we love to hack it!
Yes but that doesnt mean someone can't post up a hack that isnt based on a pokemon game.

Matt Silver
June 21st, 2009, 09:35 PM
Yes but that doesnt mean someone can't post up a hack that isnt based on a pokemon game.

Some do. It's just that people don't pay that much attention to them, because of the Pokemon part of Pokemon Community. And since people don't see those hacks as popular around here, they don't play them and decide to make their own.

And yeah, Pokemon is awesome to hack. So many possibilities...

Gamer2020
June 22nd, 2009, 12:05 AM
Some do. It's just that people don't pay that much attention to them, because of the Pokemon part of Pokemon Community. And since people don't see those hacks as popular around here, they don't play them and decide to make their own.

And yeah, Pokemon is awesome to hack. So many possibilities...
Yeah I guess...
Like I said in the first post I was just bored...

sab
June 22nd, 2009, 04:39 AM
they are out there (looks for a minute), check this out not even gba! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125965

Sleepwalker
June 23rd, 2009, 10:15 PM
I was hacking Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi about a year ago, but I stopped over time and forgot about it. I could bring it back... but its another project...

Anyways. The Pokémon series are easy to hack with all of these tools. But there are a lot of tools for other games, but you have to look hard, search the right words, and you'll eventually find it.

Ninja Caterpie
June 23rd, 2009, 10:39 PM
Ohdayum! Someone just happened to steal my thunder.

I'm hacking Fire Emblem right now, but it's got little progress (my hack, that is) so there's little to show.

s0nido
June 23rd, 2009, 10:46 PM
It's a Pokemon Forum, so we hack Pokemon games. We also have all the tools required to hack Pokemon games, so that's why everyone here hacks just Pokemon games. There are other hacks here, it's just that most of the tools offered are related to Pokemon games, and so everyone just hacks them.

ExitWound
June 23rd, 2009, 11:14 PM
This is a good question... I would like to see a hack of Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Journey/Tara's Adventure. I love those games =] =]

Tropical Sunlight
June 24th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Because we have A-Map :P
I've played a Mario hack, it was crap.

Pokepal17
June 24th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Well, they're hacked because they're the easiest to hack. Most of the hex data and script commands have been identified and people have learnt to to manipulate them. Combined with the tools made, Pokemon games are the easiest to hack.

Sarcastic Prince
June 24th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Well, I used to Hack Megaman Battle Network months ago, but I gave up because there aren't a lot of tools to use. I have to read through Hex and boy, do I hate them!!!

Well, hacking Pokemon is a million times better, mainly there are bunches of tools without having to look through Hex, so it's better.

liuyanghejerry
June 25th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Simple question for me --- I only love Pokemon.

Ninja Caterpie
June 25th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Because we have A-Map :P
I've played a Mario hack, it was crap.

I've played a Mario hack that was awesome.

I've also played a Pokemon hack. It was crap.

You can't base things off one point of view.

Ephraim
June 25th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Ohdayum! Someone just happened to steal my thunder.

I'm hacking Fire Emblem right now, but it's got little progress (my hack, that is) so there's little to show.

I'm a lurker here. Your statement sparks my first post.

Will Ike be on your FE hack??

NatureKeeper
June 25th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Pokémon is the most fun. Advance map makes me feel drawing while Hex Editing for adding something makes me feel sick. APE is pretty nice too. Hacking Hexadecimals using a Hex Edior is very boring and do not let you have very much fun.

Tropical Sunlight
June 25th, 2009, 04:17 AM
I've played a Mario hack that was awesome.

I've also played a Pokemon hack. It was crap.

You can't base things off one point of view.
I know that.

Mario cannot be fully hacked. I think so.
By the way, I played a lot of Pokemon hackS. They were crap.

Alec_
June 25th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Well probably because. This is a Pokemon Forum....XD;;.. that's why there is a lots of hack all about Pokemon. :DDD. But another reason is there are soo many tools that can be used for hacking pokemon. :PPP... And the other games have just a few tools. :<.. So it's better to hack Pokemon. XD;;

~Fairytales.

IIMarckus
June 25th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Hacking Hexadecimals using a Hex Edior is very boring and do not let you have very much fun.Some people have a different sense of fun than you have…

Tropical Sunlight
June 25th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Some people have a different sense of fun than you have…
Don't tell me you like those FF FF FF FF 01 75 A5... O.o

Because HackMew is making tools only for Pokemon.

Ninja Caterpie
June 25th, 2009, 11:39 PM
I'm a lurker here. Your statement sparks my first post.

Will Ike be on your FE hack??

No, because I don't know Ike very well.

It's called the Scouring. Go figure. =D

insectduel
June 26th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I can't even hack worth of my time. Sure it's Pokemon , I have plans Pokemon but I couldn't hack it on my own.

First, I wanted to make a Boys over Flowers spoof Pokemon hack, not a good spriter or a scripter.

Then, the Rijon Touhoumon hack using Japanese Fire Red, went no where but wasting hours of time with other projects.

I have fun using other Pokemon utlities and edit maps, attacks, movesets, but scripting isn't one of them.

I have hacked many Non-Pokemon in the past 4 years but my current one is Megaman 4. YuGiOh Dark Duel Stories would be in the future if I dump all data.

Barbie Jean
June 30th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I would enjoy trying to hack yugioh games, and here is something about me, If I like something I tend to like it permanetly.

Though most poke tools are for 3rd Gen. There are practicly no 2nd gen soft though which sucks.

IIMarckus
June 30th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Though most poke tools are for 3rd Gen. There are practicly no 2nd gen softThis is true, but conversely you will find that the games are very well documented. Generally if you have a question (and don’t mind mucking around with a hex editor) you can get a question satisfactorily answered either by asking or by looking around.

Regigiygas
July 2nd, 2009, 09:05 PM
I actually started hacking this SNES game called EarthBound. Loads of fun, making a weird game weirder. There's an online community similar to this one (albeit smaller) on Starmen.net, where I sometimes go. They have tools similar to the Pokemon ones.

.Tactic.
July 9th, 2009, 09:25 AM
The concept of Pokemon games is generally unique compared to others, and that plus the fact that the site on which you are asking this question is Pokecommunity, makes it the reason! :)

suzakuryuu
July 16th, 2009, 11:28 AM
i have an idea :)
why dont hack the pokemon game into something different? :p
maybe combining pokemon with digimon, lets call it dikemon (digital pocket monster) :)
or something like Final Fantasy creature, such as shiva, efreet, odin, etc.

too bad i have no idea how to hack T_T, maybe someone want to try :)

machomuu
July 17th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Some people actually do post other hacks here, such as Super mario world and Fire Emblem, but alot of people don't because their either scared they'll get in trouble, or because they don't think they'll fit in/be successful, or because they just don't want to know how.

Alice
July 17th, 2009, 03:21 PM
People hack other games... I've thought about hacking Oracle of Seasons, or one of the other Zelda Gameboy games, and my friend hacks super Mario world.

insectduel
July 18th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Some people actually do post other hacks here, such as Super mario world and Fire Emblem, but alot of people don't because their either scared they'll get in trouble, or because they don't think they'll fit in/be successful, or because they just don't want to know how.

I posted a few threads on Non-Pokemon hacks. But I didn't feel like it anymore. I rather talk about it than showing off.

Someguyz
July 22nd, 2009, 09:24 AM
Actually, there are lots of other games that are hacked. Before starting my Project (unannounced here yet) I worked on Many Super Mario World Hacks. I mean, lunar magic, that's almost every tool you would need to hack (and most only used it) right in one. Also, Fire Emblem, Megaman, Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Zelda A link to the past, the genesis/mega drive sonic games get hacked a lot too.

But, Super Mario World and Pokemon are by far the most hacked games, mainly cause it's the easiest. Plus, Pokemon is here cause it's a pokemon community.

insectduel
July 23rd, 2009, 12:44 PM
Mega Man seems good but the community isn't supported much. Not too many people hacked the game like it should like Rockman No Constancy or Mega Man Forever.

Newbies often ask questions but never EVER touched the hex editor.

Corvus of the Black Night
July 23rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
I'm an administrator for the only Golden Sun hacking community on the internet :3

It's small, but gaining momentum. I've hacked the game in various ways, but like Pokémon, I always end up hacking the music more than anything else.

Many other games are hacked. FE's a pretty big one, not quite as big as Pokémon but definitely a notable amount hack the game.

rstar095
August 1st, 2009, 03:48 PM
a lot of people hack supermario world on the snes. smwcentral.net

Khaz
August 5th, 2009, 07:10 PM
i used to hack Super Mario World back at SMWcentral

insectduel
August 7th, 2009, 10:35 AM
I actually hack Super Mario World only 1 or 2 times. And I'm trying to hack SMW based on Pokémon. Sprites don't come very good. So I quit. Even I attempt to make another one. I quit too.

It's the only SMW Hack with this attachment file I made but it is originally used for a contest but I didn't win. I pretty suck at it.

Gamer2020
August 7th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I actually hack Super Mario World only 1 or 2 times. And I'm trying to hack SMW based on Pokémon. Sprites don't come very good. So I quit. Even I attempt to make another one. I quit too.

It's the only SMW Hack with this attachment file I made but it is originally used for a contest but I didn't win. I pretty suck at it.
Could you please post a screen? ^^

insectduel
August 7th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Could you please post a screen? ^^

I could post screenshots but it's only for Yoshi's Island 1 so it's actually a 1 level SMW hack which is used for a design a level contest that S.N.N. and FirePhoenix hosted. But then again, quite useless.

Gamer2020
August 7th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I could post screenshots but it's only for Yoshi's Island 1 so it's actually a 1 level SMW hack which is used for a design a level contest that S.N.N. and FirePhoenix hosted. But then again, quite useless.
I want to put the screen in the first post... =(

monkeyman2092
August 7th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I honestly think that Pokemon hacking is easier because there are tools for it. All kinds of tools to make the game easy and simple.

insectduel
August 8th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I honestly think that Pokemon hacking is easier because there are tools for it. All kinds of tools to make the game easy and simple.

Some work for me, some don't. Honestly, script editors is the one I have 0% knowledge.

pressedlee
August 10th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I hack Pokemon because of the absolute customization it has held since its beginnings. There is no one right or wrong way to play through the game. You may breeze through the game with a team of Mewtwos, or you may go through utter chaos with a team of Magikarps. The choice truly is up to the player.

smackdown85146
August 14th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Because PC is pretty much for Pokemon hacks. Of course, you could visit a different forum that is dedicated to hacking another specific game.

And I would personally love to see a Phoenix Wright hack. It seems like a fun game to play when hacked. Who agrees?

Logiedan
August 14th, 2009, 05:10 PM
You can also hack Super Mario.
Hacking it's levels and everything.
I think people hack Pokemon more because there are alot of resources for it and it's very common.

BlitŻ
August 16th, 2009, 06:30 PM
i've heard\seen people trying to hack minish cap, but I haven't seen much progress with it. but believe me, when it gets farther on, bye bye pokecommunity and on to hacking mish cap :P

Kyle Black
August 16th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Well you see peoples.. There are alot of tools made for hacking pokemon games,Some peoples hacks megaman games aswell, But you see, hacking megaman game is hard because there are no tools to hack megeman games or any other games. People started hacking long time ago, way before hacking megaman games or any other kind of games. Peoples became expert at hacking pokemon that they started to make tools for the public. And now more and more peoples enjoys hacking pokemon games. More and more peoples starts hacking pokemon games everyday. And now there are a bunch of tools made pokemon rom hacking easy. Back in the days peoples only could hack pokemon rom with hex editing. And now look.. There are like a thousands of different kinds of tools. And all of the tools are unique like it or not. That is why people hacks pokemon roms because it is easy,fun and it has alot of tools to hack with..

Banjora Marxvile
August 18th, 2009, 05:18 AM
I have also heard that Mario ROM Hacks are incredibly easy, making new levels and such. Sonic is also easy to change, they are easier things to hack compared to Pokemon, as all you need to do to make them good is change the layouts to make a good hack, not everything else like Pokemon. I think people hack Pokemon because it is one of the most nostalgic games to them, one of the best games, and they remember it so much, and they subconsciously think that they should hack it to make it even better.

Shadow-Lugia
October 6th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Ok it may be the POKEcommunity but it is the general ROM hacking forum, i mean, I'd like to see some metroid hacks, you have 2 all purpose tools for 3 games, SMILE (super metroid intergrated level editor) which has the fuctions of sabs(Samus arans beatuy salon, a pallette/enemy editor) and pretty much everything else. then there is double helix(aka zero fission) for fusion and zm. come on people! i didn't make 11 copys of fusion and zero mission for nothing! (and even more super metroids)

hashtag
October 6th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Please don't revive month old threads, thanks.

Closed~