PDA

View Full Version : Aggron V.S Tyranitar

Doctortux
June 21st, 2009, 07:57 AM
Me and my friend are having a sort of a rivalship between my Aggron and his Tyranitar. I was just wondering, which one would you choose.

I would choose Aggron because it has amazing defence while still mantaining a decent attack stat.

templekeeper
June 21st, 2009, 07:59 AM
I fight with Aggron, and that's exactly why T-tar wins. Aggron's x4 to EQ and FTG isn't worth anything it can do whatsoever.

RicanPKMN87
June 21st, 2009, 05:32 PM
dis is a bit diff, then da nido vs tyran poll because aggron is a steel/ground type while tyranitar is ground/dark but has a rock hard body, to me some pkmn are 3 types in one, but thats besides da point, it will be a tought match but aggron for sure

Ayselipera
June 21st, 2009, 05:35 PM
I never raised both of them fully.
I'd say Aggron though just because it looks cooler.

True Reign
June 21st, 2009, 06:46 PM
Tyranitar owns it with a single Earthquake.

Satoshi Ookami
June 22nd, 2009, 05:14 AM
Both are on the same level to me... so I have to choose accordin' to look so I'd choose Aggron

dark_giratina
June 22nd, 2009, 08:01 AM
Tyranitar seeing as ive never really had time for aron

Kazukii
June 22nd, 2009, 08:04 AM
Aggron for the sheer force it brings to your team.

The Hero Without a Name
June 22nd, 2009, 09:47 AM
Aggron for the sheer force it brings to your team.
Which is in turn absolutely nothing compared to the sheer force Tyranitar brings to a team.

Inferno1
June 22nd, 2009, 10:30 PM
Aggron only cause i like the look better they are both awesome pokes

Kazukii
June 22nd, 2009, 10:40 PM
Which is in turn absolutely nothing compared to the sheer force Tyranitar brings to a team.

Not really. If you get Aggrons stats slightly boosted, he has mammoth power that can't be beat. Tyranitars awesome too but Aggrons better I think.

kurusakiz
June 22nd, 2009, 11:51 PM
tyranitar will own him with earthquake

Shadow Chant
June 23rd, 2009, 12:38 AM
Tyranitar just uses earthquake, all I've got to say. But Aggron can use Metal claw, but I'll still go with T-Tar.

derozio
June 23rd, 2009, 04:24 AM
Aggron is a pokemon adored by me! But in terms of power and the ability to survive, Tyranitar is a clear winner. I have kept aggron multiple times in my team an have had quite a lot experience about him. Aggron is very strong (looks a lot cooler than tyranitar too!) as he has mammoth defense and good attack but where it lacks is sp def and speed. If it would have had more speed then I think he would have had the real power to destroy anything! Tyranitar has much more attack than aggron and is very good in every other stat besides speed(110 def,95 sp atk,100 sp def, 100 Hp and Speed=61 :( ).Tyranitar can quickly own aggron with its STABed Earthquake + brutal attack power. I know that aggron has a defense of 180 but even it cant face a STABed earthquake from T-tar. Thus I think that Tyranitar is better but I always prefer Aggron over tyranitar in terms of coolness.( I love both of them)

Not really. If you get Aggrons stats slightly boosted, he has mammoth power that can't be beat. Tyranitars awesome too but Aggrons better I think. Not even a stat boosted aggron can't beat t-tar unless the trainer is reckless. Face the reality!

Doctortux
June 23rd, 2009, 05:29 AM
Just saying, Aggron can learn Earthquake too.

The Hero Without a Name
June 24th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Just saying, Aggron can learn Earthquake too.
So? Unlike Tyranitar (who's both faster AND more powerful than Aggron), Aggron is 4x weak to Earthquake (so his defense doesn't mean anything there).

And Zenus, if you "give Aggron's stats a slight boost," that's a pretty weak arguement since the same can be applied to Tyranitar as well. Not to mention, Tyranitar actually gets Dragon Dance to boost his attack (and his rather poor speed), while Aggron has to rely on a Choice Band or SubLiechi strategy if he wants an attack boost.

Opposite Day
June 24th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Me and my friend are having a sort of a rivalship between my Aggron and his Tyranitar. I was just wondering, which one would you choose.

You guys sounds like Roark and Byron in the gym rematches in Platinum, just saying.. XD

*wall of text blah blah* I know that aggron has a defense of 180 but even it cant face a STABed earthquake from T-tar.

Whilst its pre-evos does get STAB on Earthquake, Tar doesn't ;P

I always included Aron and its evos on my team in Emerald.
They always fell to weak electric attacks like Shock Wave. Lesson learned : Tar is more reliable, and more powerful. But after all, Aron was kewl. Aggron all the way! :D

salmence33
June 24th, 2009, 05:34 PM
agron could beat tyranitar in one hit with earthquake

white lancer
June 24th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Tyranitar, in both battle and appearance. Although Aggron is one of the better G3 Pokémon.

The Bringer!
June 24th, 2009, 07:42 PM
I voted for tyrannitar, since the poll was which one was better. I prefer aggron, but I do have to admit that a tyrannitar is much more powerfull in battle.

The Hero Without a Name
June 24th, 2009, 07:49 PM
agron could beat tyranitar in one hit with earthquake
So? Your point? Tyranitar outspeeds Aggron and easily OHKO's with Earthquake as well. Actually, no; without an attack boost, Aggron will never OHKO a full health Tyranitar barring a critical hit.

mitzoken
June 24th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I like Aggron better, personally, but there's no denying that TTar can out-rank 'im. I still chose Aggron in the poll, though. :D

HirakuNoShadow
June 24th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I like Aggron better, but most of the time TTar will outclass / beat him ):

Well the only time I once beat an opponent's Tyranitar was because my Aggron had Metal Burst + Focus Sash that time and it used Earthquake :X

Eos Aduro
June 24th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Well Tyranitar has the stats, typing, and movepool to turn Aggron into chalk dust, but Aggron has always been a cool and interesting pokemon to me, so I chose Aggron.

Turke
June 25th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I like Tyranitar better, but I would have to say aggron because of it's killer defence.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 27th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I like Aggron more because Tyranitar is too over rated for no reason (to me its not even that great to begin with)

:t354:TG