PDA

View Full Version : Poll Of The Day: Facebook or Twitter

LegenZs
June 21st, 2009, 09:47 AM
Two extremely famous websites that are made for the same reason
Cyber-Communication. now it's your turn to vote which one you like better.

wolf
June 21st, 2009, 09:54 AM
Twitter, just the whole idea of it beats Facebook in my opinion. It is great to get updates/tweets from shows, people, etc. Although, I barely know what Facebook has to offer.

Gold warehouse
June 21st, 2009, 10:00 AM
I like how you take it upon yourself to give your thread the 'Poll of the day' title.
I don't use either, all social networking sites are pointless and boring imo. Bebo is only useful for trolling.

Noibat
June 21st, 2009, 10:12 AM
facebook is turning into another myspace. I really like twitter. I can keep in touch with people better

abnegation
June 21st, 2009, 10:14 AM
Facebook but only cause i don't have twitter.
I don't really use it though xD

Lucent
June 21st, 2009, 10:16 AM
I'd have to say Twitter. Facebook's a real time killer if you get sent a bunch of quizzes and such, but I kinda like Twitter a bit more.

Until someone decides that it won't be free to use Twitter anymore. Then I'll prefer Facebook over the latter.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 21st, 2009, 10:21 AM
Even though I dont use them at all, I'll have to go with twitter because I hear about it more

:t354:TG

Yamikarasu
June 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
No love for facebook?

I don't like the whole idea of twitter. When it comes to social networking, Facebook is as connected as I want to be with my friends.

TwilightBlade
June 21st, 2009, 10:24 AM
Facebook but only cause i don't have twitter.
I don't really use it though xD

Same here. I only use Facebook to creep on drama. I can do that here, so Facebook is pointless now. 8>

Amaruuk
June 21st, 2009, 10:59 AM
I quit Facebook quite a while ago due to other peoples' drama/no one giving a rat's ass about me anymore (yeah that sounds rather selfish, but you try being on a site where all your friends are your IRL friends, and they ignore you entirely).

Not long after, I joined Twitter, if only just to be able to type what I'm doing regardless of whether other people responded/cared, 'cause I liked the status thing Facebook had and not much else about it.

Twitter is the Facebook status feature without all the other garbage, and you can make your page look nice.

True Reign
June 21st, 2009, 11:23 AM
Why would you put Facebook vs. Twitter and not vs. Myspace? Makes no sense to me.

However, Twitter beats the Facebook crap.

Zeroess
June 21st, 2009, 11:28 AM
facebook even though i lost my pass word ^_^

©ereal Killer
June 21st, 2009, 11:39 AM
What is it with you guys and twitter?
Having a twitter is like having stalkers...
People know what you are doing every minute >.>

Im more to facebook, i like how theres the connection thing... which connects people... yeah...
And the 'WALL'!!

Alexithymia~
June 21st, 2009, 12:02 PM
Facebook, ...
Twitter, is not that something that really interests me, and I know more people with facebook, than Twitter.

*Nayz*
June 21st, 2009, 12:06 PM
I have an account on both sites but never really use Twitter. It seems so pointless.

poke-ranger
June 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM
I didn't vote because I love both! Twitter makes it easier to meet people! Met some really cool people! You can't really do that on facebook

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 21st, 2009, 03:04 PM
I am addicted to Facebook. I don't even have Twitter.

幕之内 一歩
June 21st, 2009, 03:21 PM
In my humble opinion, twitter is lame. People talk about how much 'easier' it is to use twitter to keep in contact with friends. I've never had a problem keeping up with people on Facebook. You just sign on, check in, respond to a few messages and log off. Easy.

To be fair, I have never logged onto twitter. But at the same time, I never will.

mewthree w/armor
June 21st, 2009, 03:38 PM
As much as some day's I hate Facebook, it serves a purpose. Twitter...ya its there. That's about it.

Gummy
June 21st, 2009, 03:39 PM
I go by the notion that if nothing is broken, don't fix it, and in my opinion facebook fits all my needs nicely. I have absolutely no need for a twitter account.

processr
June 21st, 2009, 03:52 PM
Facebook nowadays has been ruined by the whole invite culture. People invite me to the stupidest things - to install applications for crappy games or to do stupid quizzes or to join pointless groups. It's used more for that than as an actual medium for social networking, in my opinion. I think it's complete rubbish, but it's useful when the concept of social networking is actually put into use - I might need to contact a friend about homework or exam times etc. That's the only thing keeping me on there. I've used Twitter on and off for a fair amount of time now, and I find it useful not as social networking in the true sense, but simply in the sense of microblogging. I see interesting stuff from people like qikipedia (http://twitter.com/qikipedia) and Douglas Coupland (http://twitter.com/DougCoupland); I don't use it all that much to stay in touch with people. I definitely prefer Twitter over Facebook.

Ayano Katagiri
June 21st, 2009, 10:56 PM
Facebook is a social networking website. Twitter is a mix between a social networking site and a micro-blogging service.

I use Facebook. Why? This is how I see it between the two. Facebook fits the exact niche that I'm looking for to use online - a social networking site where I'm able to communicate with my friends easily as well as catch up with old ones whom I've not seen for many years. I don't see the point in Twitter personally, why is a 140-character micro "blog" in anyway useful except in just continuously updating whatever thing you happen to be doing? If you want to blog, then get a real blog with something like Wordpress (if you want a free service). And also, I seem to notice an addiction in some people towards Twitter.. like the constant checking of the iPhone for Tweets. :\ Not good for some (http://www.austriantimes.at/index.php?id=14023). I don't have anything against Twitter, but in my opinion, it seems a bit pointless.

Soul Eater
June 21st, 2009, 11:08 PM
Although I hardly use it, I'm going with twitter. I find it convienent if I need to get a hold of Erica or Andy... or something. Since Erica usually doesn't get on MSN anymore. So, yeah.

I hate face book... and myspace. Ugh. D:

Guillermo
June 21st, 2009, 11:39 PM
I don't have a Facebook or a Twitter, but I do have Myspace, and Facebook and Myspace are much the same, and to be honest, I hate Myspace, so I'll go with Twitter.

s0nido
June 22nd, 2009, 02:25 AM
Facebook has everything I need. You can't do wacky and random quizzes on Twitter, and that's basically the only reason I use Facebook. Besides, I know more people who use Facebook than Twitter, so Facebook is better for me to use when communicating with friends and family.

deliriouspurple
June 22nd, 2009, 04:41 AM
Oooo, it's hard to chose >.<..
Facebook! I don't know? because of the games there.

ReyRey-Pyon
June 22nd, 2009, 09:34 AM
neither
im just now discovering facebook O_O;; you crazy kids and your ''hip'' new trends, and and "snazzy" technology if i have to choose;
facebook. i have friends who have facebook, so if i ever decide to use it, i'd use facebook
but i prefer myspace over both >x<

Kagura
June 22nd, 2009, 09:41 AM
Facebook is my pick. It fits all of my needs as a blogger, and as a friend. While I agree that the spam-invites are lame,
its better to ignore them and just focus on the good. I love Wall's and the built in IM thing, as well as status messages.
I don't feel the need to have a Twitter, because I don't know if any of my friends are interested in what I had
for dinner. :P

Kazukii
June 22nd, 2009, 09:43 AM
Facebook all the way :D So useful.

JP
June 22nd, 2009, 09:46 AM
Facebook. Twitter to me just seems like a dumbed down Facebook. I don't see the point in it.

Eпvy
June 22nd, 2009, 09:48 AM
Facebook. That's where all of my friends are.

Twitter seems pretty pointless.

angelsavoir
June 22nd, 2009, 11:51 AM
Facebook for me. I dont understand twitter really. But then agian I rarely go on facebook anymore. Maybe twice a week. I rather text lol

Razer302
June 22nd, 2009, 11:52 AM
I don't use either, as I simply don't like them.

Arcanine
June 22nd, 2009, 09:01 PM
I have both a Facebook and a Twitter account. But I'll take Twitter over FB any day of the week. It's far quicker, easier to keep in touch with friends, and on the go I'm able to check Twitter.

Jack O'Neill
June 22nd, 2009, 09:22 PM
I don't use either of them, and I've sworn never to use them for as long as I live.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
June 22nd, 2009, 09:36 PM
Uh.. I don't go to Facebook, so I wouldn't know for sure, but... aren't Facebook and Twitter very different? O__o;

Eh, gonna have to go with Twitter. Microblogging is fun.

Cherrim
June 23rd, 2009, 04:16 AM
Twitter.

Facebook basically just turned its status updates into a Twitter clone the other month anyway. I find the general base of people on Facebook is a lot more.. taxing than twitter. :| Don't get me wrong, I love my IRL friends but Facebook is a LOT more personal and getting "random" friend requests on it (ie, from people you don't know very well) makes me a little nervous. I just absolutely hate the atmosphere on FB. I still use it to keep up with some people from high school, though.

Twitter, on the other hand, has got to be one of my favourite sites. Haha, I more or less got a new phone just to use twitter on the go easier. :B It's easy to keep in touch with more friends at once no matter where you are. The site isn't bloated with annoying apps and invites and it's easy to follow friends or keep up with news feeds since you can find almost anything on twitter. I just much prefer it.

Aaaanyway, I'm gonna move this into the Computers forum since that's where website discussion usually goes.

Suki
June 23rd, 2009, 04:24 AM
I hardly use Twitter.. actually I don't use it. On the other hand, I'm frequently checking my Facebook.

Pikachu?!
June 23rd, 2009, 04:54 AM
I'd go with Twitter. Facebook never really appealed to me.

Wish
June 23rd, 2009, 06:17 AM
I prefer Facebook, because I actually tend to check it every day. Plus, Facebook has things which keep you on Facebook more than the time you would spend on Twitter. I do enjoy both social-networking tools, however.

.little monster
June 23rd, 2009, 07:04 AM
Facebook because it has more things to do than Twitter.

My mind will probably change soon, I used to thing Myspace was better than Facebook. But now I think Facebook is better than Myspace. On top of that, I always change my mind.

Zeroess
June 23rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Yey! I just found my pass to face book and I had about 50 freind requests :S

¡Chucho!
June 23rd, 2009, 10:15 AM
Nobody I know has a Twitter, so it defeats the point.

Timbjerr
June 23rd, 2009, 11:31 AM
Both of them, as well as every other social networking site, are pointless and lame. I keep up with my friends by phone calls and texts, thank you very much.

Serene Grace
June 23rd, 2009, 12:26 PM
Personally, I prefer Facebook because I use it more than Twitter. Twitter doesn't really appeal to me, it seems rather bland and boring. Facebook is preferable beacuse of the interactivity such as: games, quizzes, polls and groups. Also, It's much easier to find local friends on Facebook than Twitter. All you have to do is type the person's full name in the search box in Facebook. In Twitter, you have to know their username and then manually add them. I only like Twitter because anyone can use it, It's really user friendly and more based "out there". For social interaction, however, Facebook wins.

Britney's Circus
June 23rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
I just only used Twitter and it's very easy to use, many Celebrities are on there and Facebook's the same but i never go on the Facebook games, i've never tried Twitter really but i used the background feature added some celebs, etc but still for social online interaction, Facebook's the winner.

Max™
June 23rd, 2009, 05:20 PM
I vote facebook but merely because I dont know much about twitter

Rukario
June 23rd, 2009, 05:27 PM
twitter mainly because they let you be your online-self were as facebook doesn't.. also twitter is dead easy simple and works well with most mobiles.

GKS
June 25th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I never tried Twitter, but Facebook is a pretty good way to socialize and talk about assignments with friends.

cjt1994
June 26th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Both really have the same purpose, with talking about what you're doing and stuff, but I'd have to say Facebook, mainly because the profile information you can give out is more complex, and you can chat with your online contacts really easily. Also there's the mail function which is really good as well. Plus, facebook allows you to track down other people you know or may have known a long time ago, which is good for connecting people.

Saltare.
June 27th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Twitter. Mainly because I don't have a Facebook.

øbliteration
June 27th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Facebook. I don't think people need to know what I'm doing all the time as is the case with twitter mostly.

蜃気楼
June 27th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Twitter, because it is faster for me, and I got latest news from Twitter.

Stellery
June 28th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Twitter for me. I hardly ever log into my facebook account.

Gerri Shin
June 28th, 2009, 07:09 PM
neither, I'm not a face in a book or crowd nor am I I a twit.

Eon-Rider
June 29th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EonRider?ref=profile) because all of my friends think Twitter is stupid.

Nitrous Oxide
June 29th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Twitter is micro-blogging, Facebook is social networking. I use and love both of them. This poll fails.

Saryka
June 29th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Twitter! I love Twitter. I actually have kept in contact with some of my friends better on Twitter than on Facebook. :D

Halcyon
July 5th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Facebook has Pet Society! Yeeessshh!
I'd never used Twitter before, Facebook has much more variety than Twitter if you know what I mean.

jasonresno
July 5th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Twitter is facebook but only with the "Status Message" option.

Twitter is so argh.

Aether
July 6th, 2009, 12:28 AM
I'm more of a Facebook kind of guy.

Akiko
July 7th, 2009, 01:30 AM
My opinion is Facebook is better. I've never heard about Twitter. So i'm using Facebook. And it's pretty good. You can upload pictures, Play games, chat with your friends. Making friends and many more. It's really fun in Facebook. But it still have bad features. Whenever you upload your picture it might been scandaled and edited by the bad persons revolving around Facebook. And they can make it nude or something. And Facebooks is it's No. 1 Target as what as i have read in the News. But there are many websites that have the same feature with Facebook like i think Twitter or Friendster. Anyways. I'm going to try Twitter. XD

Akiko.

Citrinin
July 7th, 2009, 02:39 AM
I don't use either of them. XD;

PiroMunkie
July 7th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Facebook in its prime would have beaten Twitter but, the fact that it is quickly becoming the next Myspace in the sense of ads alone, cause Twitter to be the winner, in my opinion. Unfortunately, Twitter is too impersonal and will quickly be overtaken by the next big social networking site after it overtakes Facebook.