PDA

View Full Version : The Team Help Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Aegis
June 22nd, 2009, 11:44 AM
Due to the increasing amount of threads being made asking for help with their teams, I've decided a thread like this would help out, rather then just closing all of the new threads.

Basically, you can post here asking for help with your teams from any of the Advance Generation games (R/S/E/FR/LG). This is not a thread to have your team rated, but simply asking for help with choosing a Pokémon to have or a move to learn, things like that.

All the teams posted in this thread must be for in-game use only, so no competitive teams or anything like that can be posted here, but rather in the S&M forum.

And just a note to those who are helping out, most people who post in this thread for help aren't going to want to breed an entirely new Pokémon or EV train or anything, so try to avoid suggestions like that, thanks :]

crazygoalie13
June 22nd, 2009, 04:40 PM
I'll repost this here:

Ok, so i'm about to restart firered. I have my team all figured out except for one spot.

Venusaur
Rhydon
Moltres
Lapras
Dragonite
???

I need a pokemon for the last spot.

Also, if i do use this team when i start, i don't get any pokemon until i'm a ways into the game.
Anyways around this?

Thanks

PokeMoon
June 22nd, 2009, 05:02 PM
crazygoalie13 :.
As I said earlier, You need a Psychic or Electric.
So this is what I reccomend.

Alakazam@Leftovers
Movesets:
Calm Mind
Psychic
Thunder Punch
Recover

He's a perfect Sweeper.
Train EV's in SPATK and SPD.

:] Goodluck.

Pokefreak437
July 1st, 2009, 11:19 AM
I restarted my Fire Red, and already have a basic sketch of what my team will be. This is just for in game use...

Blastoise
Surf
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Bite

Fearow (I don't like Pidgeots!)
Drill Peck
Return
Steel Wing
Hyper Beam (I don't usually use 2 of one type, but I don't want to hidden power it)

Arcanine
Flamethrower/Overheat (I plan on buying the TM Flamethrower in Celadon)
Aerial Ace
Iron Tail
Extremespeed

Electubuzz/Jolteon/Magneton (no Moveset made yet)

And that's all I can think of right now. Yes I know there will be 2 Pokemon weak to electric and 2 pokemon weak to ground, but oh well

WisherWisherWish
July 9th, 2009, 07:25 PM
O.K,

in Pokemon LeafGreen, here is my "Team in the Making"

1. Blissey
Moves:
Heal Bell
Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss
Softboiled

2. Togetic
Seismic Toss
Softboiled
Counter
Thunder Wave

3. Clefable
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
Softboiled

4. Wigglytuff
Seismic Toss
Surf
Thunder Wave
Wish

All moves in red are the moves that i need help with.

You see, i can only teach these moves once but I need them more than once.

Thunder Wave: Blissey, Togetic, Clefable, Wigglytuff

Seismic Toss: Blissey, Togetic, Wigglytuff

Softboiled: Togetic, Clefable

Can you give me any chain breedings or anything I can do to teach each of my Pokemon their specific ovesets>

It will be greatly appreciated!

altaria221
July 9th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Get a male Clefable or Wigglytuff, and then teach him all the tutor moves, then you can probably chain breed the moves to the rest since they are all in the Fairy Egg Group
Good luck to you

WisherWisherWish
July 9th, 2009, 07:31 PM
So, it'll work for ALL of the Pokemon?

altaria221
July 9th, 2009, 07:36 PM
it should, but make sure the male pokemon can learn no level up moves, and save prior to breeding
For example: get male clefable, and female clefable, save, run around a teach tutor moves to the male, then put both in daycare, if egg hatches with the egg moves, then you are safe, and you can save, just be careful

WisherWisherWish
July 9th, 2009, 07:40 PM
what do you mean by the male not learning any level up moves?

altaria221
July 9th, 2009, 07:43 PM
If he is in the daycare, and he reaches a level that he learns a move, then he forgets one move and replaces it with another, you could lose your move tutor moves

oops, my bad, if you use clefable, he has no level up moves, so you will be safe if you use him

ChronicEdge
July 9th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I don't think that tutor moves can be bred.

That being said, keep Toss and T-Wave on Blissey. There is no better normal-type special wall.

I'd say to give Softboiled to Clefable. Togetic just doesn't seem to have anything resembling a purpose on that team. Counter is nice, but not on an underpowered Blissey.

WisherWisherWish
July 9th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I'll try it, without saving.

I hope it works.

altaria221
July 9th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I don't think that tutor moves can be bred.

That being said, keep Toss and T-Wave on Blissey. There is no better normal-type special wall.

I'd say to give Softboiled to Clefable. Togetic just doesn't seem to have anything resembling a purpose on that team. Counter is nice, but not on an underpowered Blissey.

any move that is learnable by the offspring and known by the father pokemon can be passed down, so this should include tutor moves

Tinhead Bruce
July 9th, 2009, 08:06 PM
You can't breed tutor moves. Period.

At ^ poster: The baby can learn them, but only through tutoring. If a father knows calculus, and a son could learn calculus, but he needs a tutor to do so, is the son born knowing calculus? Nope.

WisherWisherWish
July 9th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Jlizard, are you saying I can breed a Male Clafable with a Female Wigglytuff and the Igglybuff learns the tutored move that clefable knows?

ChronicEdge
July 9th, 2009, 08:14 PM
You can't breed tutor moves. Period.

At ^ poster: The baby can learn them, but only through tutoring. If a father knows calculus, and a son could learn calculus, but he needs a tutor to do so, is the son born knowing calculus? Nope.

Was that second word supposed to be 'can't?' The first and second half of that post were rather contradictory.

EDIT: He wanted me to edit the word in bold from 'can' to 'can't' so that he doesn't seem like an idiot.

Tinhead Bruce
July 9th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Jlizard, are you saying I can breed a Male Clafable with a Female Wigglytuff and the Igglybuff learns the tutored move that clefable knows?

Oh my god no. I'm saying the opposite.

and @ChronicEdge: Hahahah, yes it was. Thank you for pointing that out. I'll edit it now, and I hope you don't mind me asking you to edit my quote so I don't look like an idiot =p

WisherWisherWish
July 9th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Well, it didn''t work.

Good thing I didn't save.

ChronicEdge
July 9th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Oh my god no. I'm saying the opposite.

and @ChronicEdge: Hahahah, yes it was. Thank you for pointing that out. I'll edit it now, and I hope you don't mind me asking you to edit my quote so I don't look like an idiot =p

No problem.

Oh, and that calculus metaphor was beautiful, by the way.

WWW- Like I said before, if you want to use Togetic, don't give him Softboiled. If you really want a Togetic with T Wave, it's better to just egg move one in D/P/P. :/

WisherWisherWish
July 9th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Well, i'll just have to replay my Firered and teach all my kantos it while I teach Togetic them in LeafGreen.

altaria221
July 9th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Oh, then sorry, i thought it would work, and guys seriously
it was all in theory i haven't tried it, but now i know

WisherWisherWish
July 9th, 2009, 08:38 PM
lol,

it's ok. nothing lost, only gained.

smithers
July 10th, 2009, 01:55 AM
currently:

lvl 46 now
serious nature
giga drain
sunny day
solarbeam
toxic

would have trained her as a trapper, but yeah i cant think of (dont know if there is) any trapping mnoves for this certain pokemon?

thankyou for your input. :)

PokeMoon
July 11th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Evolve him into Ninetales eventually!

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Timid
Flamethrower (or Fireblast...you'll need pp ups)
Will-o-Wisp
Grudge [Spite]
Confuse Ray

Ev Spread:
68HP 88Def 156SPD 160SA 36SD

Mutt19
July 13th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I need move suggestions for my pokemon since I never got past Glacia in the elite four and don't give me evolution suggestions becuz every pokemon I use I'm workin on evolving
Shenko (Shelgon level 49)
Headbutt
Rock Smash
Fire Blast
Dragon Breath
Gaihara (Swellow level 43 yes I'm workin on making him stronger)
Endeavor
Ariel Ace
Fly
Secret Power (For the sake of my hide outs I'm keeping it)
Tom (Sceptile level 56)
Dig
Rock Smash
Leaf Blade
Cut (I want to get rid of it but I don't know how to delete HMs if you know a way tell me)
Cabalir (Regirock level 43)
Rock Throw (I know I should replace that with rock slide but I cant find that TM)
Strength
Superpower
Ancient Power
Kyogre level 53
Dive
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Mt.Steel (Aggron level 43)
Dragon Claw
Iron Tail
Protect
Strength

The Sceptile King
July 15th, 2009, 06:18 AM
I need move suggestions for my pokemon since I never got past Glacia in the elite four and don't give me evolution suggestions becuz every pokemon I use I'm workin on evolving
Headbutt
Rock Smash
Fire Blast
Dragon Breath
Endeavor
Ariel Ace
Fly
Tom (Sceptile level 56)
Dig
Rock Smash
Leaf Blade
Cut (I want to get rid of it but I don't know how to delete HMs if you know a way tell me)
Rock Throw (I know I should replace that with rock slide but I cant find that TM)
Strength
Superpower
Ancient Power
Kyogre level 53
Dive
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Dragon Claw
Iron Tail
Protect
Strength
shelgon is good for glacia, kyogre is good for drake,shelgon is good for stephen,sceptile is good for wallace

Oickle
July 15th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Alrighty I just finished catching every pokemon in the game with a little help of gameshark :P. Anyways I need some help choosing my party. Here are the pokemon I have chosen so far that I want you to choose 6 pokemon from. I don't want a full bug or fire team, etc, I want a mixture of types. Here is the list of pokemon for you to choose from :

Metagross
Ampharos
Skarmory
Gardevoir
Flygon
Exploud
Alakazam
Walrein
Rhydon
Golem
Steelix
Claydol
Aggron
Crobat
Machamp
Tyranitar
Salamence
Armaldo
Dragonite
Blissey
Scizor
Sneasel
Houndoom
Forretress
Aerodactyl
Camerupt
Crawdaunt
Gengar
Pinsir
Heracross
Jumpluff
Politoed
Poliwrath
Magneton
Exeggutor
Victreebel
Charizard
Venusaur
Blastoise

I know thats quite a bit, but your opinions are appreciated very much. But the way you don't need to list move pools but if you're up to it go ahead :) I'll be back in a bit to read some of your opinions.

Kbengal
July 17th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Hmm..In Fire Red, I have:

Gyarados Lv. 33
Leer
Tackle
Bite
Dragon Rage

Pikachu Lv. 34 - Not sure when to evolve it
Agility
Quick Atk.
Mega Kick
Thunderbolt

Charmealeon Lv. 34
Scratch
Flamethrower
Ember
Metal Claw

I'm thinking about the moves/the 3 empty spots on my team. I'm just not sure what to do.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 17th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Maybe with a little help with the GS for more :P, you can max the Pokemon's EV's or whatever. But these Pokemon that you choose are up to you because you have to choose your battling style

:t354:TG

Skip Shot
July 17th, 2009, 09:40 AM

Headbutt
Rock Smash Crunch/Bite(since Mence doesn't learn Crunch till level 61.)
Fire Blast
Dragon Breath Dragon Claw

Endeavor
Ariel Ace
Fly

Tom (Sceptile level 56)
Dig
Rock Smash Brick Break/Dragon Claw
Leaf Blade
Cut Iron Tail (I want to get rid of it but I don't know how to delete HMs if you know a way tell me)Move Deleter in Lilycove.

Rock Throw (I know I should replace that with rock slide but I cant find that TM) Curse
Strength
Superpower
Ancient Power

Kyogre level 53
Dive
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump/Calm Mind

Dragon Claw Brick Break/Earthquake
Iron Tail
Protect
Strength
One suggestion I have is to drop your Swellow for a Breloom, who can deal with Glacia pretty well if trained up.

Breloom
Mach Punch
Facade/Return
Iron Tail
Bulk Up

Try using that.

InsaneMetagross
July 18th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Charizard, Metagross, and Salemence. Those are must have

HereticSteel
July 22nd, 2009, 06:57 AM
Just type wise, id like any suggestions to balance my team out a bit, however still just got the 6th badge so there is time - currently running: -

Blaziken
Skarmory
Gardevoir
Gyarados
Magcargo
Aron

generally i just use my favourite pokemon, but ive always found that way, the elite four is tricky first time round, so any suggestions on pokemon swaps (depending on types) please help =] thanks

torsid
July 29th, 2009, 11:09 AM
The best teams are always varid. So I thought this was quite a good team:

Charizard- Great Fire/Flying type

Dragonite- Awesome Dragon who can learn a lot of moves

Alakazam- Saw in a YouTube video using Thunderpunch and Ice Punch, also a great Psychic type

Tyranitor- A powerful Rock/Dark type which can learn some powerful moves

Blastoise- A very helpful Water type

You can choose your own sixth pokemon. Highly recommend a type different than any of these!

Hope this helps!

Lycaeus
July 29th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Well as a mod will probably say, "You could go with six Pichu's and win. Pick your favorites and go with it. Locked."

Lol, I dunno. I'd say pick your fav based on looks (:

A lil Fagadorable
July 29th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Just type wise, id like any suggestions to balance my team out a bit, however still just got the 6th badge so there is time - currently running: -

Blaziken
Skarmory
Gardevoir
Gyarados
Magcargo
Aron

generally i just use my favourite pokemon, but ive always found that way, the elite four is tricky first time round, so any suggestions on pokemon swaps (depending on types) please help =] thanks
Pretty decent team though. You WILL have a decent amount of trouble with gyms to come, though. Your team has a high risk of super hits from Ground, Electric, Water, and Fighting.
I know it may be one of your favs, but I'd say either drop Gyarados, or Magcargo for a Glalie. Glalie has decent Speed, Sp. Attk, and Attk and has a decent enough movepool. Teach Gardevoir an electric type attack, since it'll save you in the long run, or Light Screen, since every other gym and Elite Four member us Special types. A Vileplume or Bellosom would be decently effective as well.

Wi-fi Battler
July 29th, 2009, 02:52 PM
I'm playing my Pokemon silver game again and i need help.
All my pokemon need movesets (can someone recomened some please)

Quilava level 19
Bayleef level 17
Pidgeotto level 19
Crocanaw level 19
???????????????
???????????????
I also need two more pokemon.

A lil Fagadorable
July 29th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I'm playing my Pokemon silver game again and i need help.
All my pokemon need movesets (can someone recomened some please)

Quilava level 19
Bayleef level 17
Pidgeotto level 19
Crocanaw level 19
???????????????
???????????????
I also need two more pokemon.
Well then, post that in the Metal and Color Generation Games section of the site, and then you should get the help you need.

Ajwork
July 29th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Salamence and Metagross are staples in any team, with Swampert being the helpful legendary. Now, look at their weaknesses, Dragon, Ice, Ground, Fire, and Grass. Try to fill in the blanks using those types of pokemon and moves.

Slamence, Metagross and Swampert don't have to be the ones. Pick one you absolutely have to have, and partner it with it's polar opposite.

MegaSH8
July 29th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Charizard, Metagross, and Salemence. Those are must have

Blastoise a must have too??

Giratinarules
July 29th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I cant seem to know what should i chose a crawdaunt or a sharpedo
also do you know a better replacement for bannete

I need help please reply

A lil Fagadorable
July 29th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I cant seem to know what should i chose a crawdaunt or a sharpedo
also do you know a better replacement for bannete

I need help please reply
Both Sharpedo and Crawdaunt are decently even. Crawdaunt has more Defense though, so it all comes down to which one you favor more.
And if you're wanting a Ghost type, Dusclops can hold it's own in battle for a while with its giant defenses. That, and its ability to learn different move types such as Ice beam and Earhquake, come in handy.

Giratinarules
July 29th, 2009, 06:45 PM
ok but duscolps are not in my pokemon game(shappire)
and i will chose sharpedo

PS.is this an awesome sceptile moveset
Leaf blade
Earthquake
Thunderpunch
Dragon claw

Xebelleon
July 30th, 2009, 06:31 AM
I have Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

**Also have LeafGreen and FireRed. I can get to Mewtwo by 20 hours gameplay, though my personal best for that was a Squirtle run of 12 hours.**

Was wondering what the best Pokemon are for speeding through these games quickly?

I'm torn for the starter point.
MUDKIP or TORCHIC? Mudkip's later typing is awesome, but Blaziken has that Fighting-type needed for Badge Five. And Norman is just annoying and slows me down. All the time.

I have narrowed it down slightly to what is good for a few choices.
Is there anything else I should go for?

~Torkoal or Torchic
~Tentacruel, Gyarados or Swampert
~Swellow
~Linoone for HM trashing and PICKUP
~Magnemite (evolved)
~Jynx, as traded from Kanto's Cerulean City trade

Are any "version exclusives" or Pokemon more common in one version than the other (Koffing vs. Grimer) worth considering?
Should I trade some other stuff from FR/LG to Ruby/Sapphire ?

romhacking
July 31st, 2009, 10:22 AM
i play emerald and the best team for me is:
Blazikan (or your other starter pokemon)
all the 3 legendary pokemons (R K and G)
Tyranitor (i dont have it but you should put it)
Flygon
they should be on lvl 70+-
and they will have deadly attacks which can win everything :]

A lil Fagadorable
July 31st, 2009, 11:31 AM
This should be asked here. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183440)
But Blissey and Skarmory are good defenses.
Having something with high attack, and somehthing with high Special attack is good too. And maybe something with an even balance of most stats too.

A lil Fagadorable
July 31st, 2009, 11:36 AM
I have Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

**Also have LeafGreen and FireRed. I can get to Mewtwo by 20 hours gameplay, though my personal best for that was a Squirtle run of 12 hours.**

Was wondering what the best Pokemon are for speeding through these games quickly?

I'm torn for the starter point.
MUDKIP or TORCHIC? Mudkip's later typing is awesome, but Blaziken has that Fighting-type needed for Badge Five. And Norman is just annoying and slows me down. All the time.

I have narrowed it down slightly to what is good for a few choices.
Is there anything else I should go for?

~Torkoal or Torchic
~Tentacruel, Gyarados or Swampert
~Swellow
~Linoone for HM trashing and PICKUP
~Magnemite (evolved)
~Jynx, as traded from Kanto's Cerulean City trade

Are any "version exclusives" or Pokemon more common in one version than the other (Koffing vs. Grimer) worth considering?
Should I trade some other stuff from FR/LG to Ruby/Sapphire ?
Either starter can go a long way. If you're wanting a SPEED run, go for Torchic, it'll save you the trouble of finding a Torkoal, which are decently hard to find. (Not overwhelmingly hard though.) Gyarados OR Tentecruel are pretty good choices as well. Though Tentecruel can take advantage of both of it's type better than Gyarados can.
Jynx is a good Pokemon, but has horrific Defense. I took one out with a single Strength from my Raichu once. :/ So its best to stick with a pokemon that can hold its own for a little while. Glalie would be good for that. Not only that, but its stats are always equal, making it very adatable with its movepool.

Hope it helped a LITTLE bit.

proline2011
August 2nd, 2009, 11:53 AM
Hey everyone , i hope im doing this forum thing right , ive never been a part of a forum before lol, so bare with me ppl . but anyways , last time i beat Pokemon leaf green i had no problem , i beat it in like 15 hours i believe . but this time going through im having trouble , and i dont wnna use any legendary birds too do it either , so help plz ?

i got a ----------- lvl 56 blastoise , lvl 55 rhydon , lvl 50 Raichu , lvl 46 hitmonlee , lvl 45 flareon , and a lvl 44 pidgeot .

thadarkcookie
August 2nd, 2009, 11:56 AM
hmm thats a pretty good team you should of no trouble at all

Air Pichu
August 2nd, 2009, 12:01 PM
Hey everyone , i hope im doing this forum thing right , ive never been a part of a forum before lol, so bare with me ppl . but anyways , last time i beat Pokemon leaf green i had no problem , i beat it in like 15 hours i believe . but this time going through im having trouble , and i dont wnna use any legendary birds too do it either , so help plz ?

i got a ----------- lvl 56 blastoise , lvl 55 rhydon , lvl 50 Raichu , lvl 46 hitmonlee , lvl 45 flareon , and a lvl 44 pidgeot .
Hello there! I have beaten LeafGreen as well but had some difficulties. I suggest training team a little bit more. Can you give me Blastoise's moves and how far have you gotten on the Elite 4?

proline2011
August 2nd, 2009, 12:24 PM
Hello, he has surf . hyrdo cannon , skull bash , and bite . and i prolly culd get farther but i dont wnna buy a bunch of revives and stuff . so yeah

Air Pichu
August 2nd, 2009, 12:42 PM
Hello, he has surf . hyrdo cannon , skull bash , and bite . and i prolly culd get farther but i dont wnna buy a bunch of revives and stuff . so yeah
I suggest leveling Blastoise up to Level 60 or higher. Pidgeot should be your 2nd Leader in-command so level him up to a level before Blastoise. What are Flareon's moves? Flareon should be a good offensive use in the first E4 Lorelei (I forgot her name that's all I remember). But if you want everything to go smooth, and easy, I'd suggest buying Revives, about 20 Hyper Potions, about 7 Max Potions, 7 Paralyz Heals, 4 Burn Heals, 3 Ice Heals, and 7 Awakenings. Equip the Proper Berries/Items for your Pokemon (Blastoise=Chesto Berry Pidgeot=Cheri Berry) and everything should turn out great. Hope I helped!

shadow_clone147
August 2nd, 2009, 12:58 PM

Its a solid team,

Raichu and Flareon should sweep up Lorelei
Hitmonlee and Pidgeot for Bruno
Rhydon and Blastoise should take care of agatha no problem
Blastoise should sweep lance no problem, just use Raichu for Gyarados
Your rival's pokes should be a hassel either
Raichu>Pidgeot
Raichu>Gyarados
Blastoise>Alakazam
Pidgeot/Flareon>Venasaur
Hitmonlee>Rhydon
Blastoise>Arcanine

Just make sure your pokemon have good movesets and are at least Lv55 or higher

proline2011
August 4th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Hello everyonee , i jus finished beating the elite four and the sevii islands , and this is my completing team , rate and comments plz :D

Blastoise lvl 58

Rhydon lvl 54

Raichu lvl 54

Flareon lvl 56

Hitmonlee lvl 49

Pidgeot lvl 48

Comments guyss ! :DDD

~Kian~
August 4th, 2009, 01:50 PM
ok i guess my last team was mewtwo 3 legendary birds blstiose and charzard traded over :)

bit.trip void
August 4th, 2009, 01:56 PM
ok i guess my last team was mewtwo 3 legendary birds blstiose and charzard traded over :)

The is HIS team though.

Pretty good, considering. Nice jorb.

~Kian~
August 4th, 2009, 02:06 PM
thanks took me ages to get all he birds but it was worth it :)

yoshikiller995
August 4th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Not bad at all. So of your pokemon could still use some leveling.

KitFox
August 4th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Low level Pokemon but they are ok. I recomend swapping Pidgeot for Crobat, which is Flying Poison, that could help.

proline2011
August 4th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Low level Pokemon but they are ok. I recomend swapping Pidgeot for Crobat, which is Flying Poison, that could help.

i beat the game though dude so idc right now , lol but ill go back to it once i beat my silver again , which i started todayy

theDIRTYAVENGER
August 5th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I'm surprised you managed to finish the game with level 40s. You do have good taste in POKeMON, however.
I probably wouldn't be able to finish the game with anything outside the 50's or 60's.

August 6th, 2009, 07:39 AM
i beat the game though dude so idc right now , lol but ill go back to it once i beat my silver again , which i started todayy

Don't you want to re battle the elite four again?

moonlamp
August 6th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Rhydorn Should be lvl 56.

proline2011
August 6th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Don't you want to re battle the elite four again?

yes i will , why yhu askkk ???

salmence33
August 6th, 2009, 04:08 PM
wow you must be good to win with those pokemon
my starter was lv 80 and the other two were in the 70s

proline2011
August 6th, 2009, 06:02 PM
wow you must be good to win with those pokemon
my starter was lv 80 and the other two were in the 70s

thanks youu(: i appriecate it .

theDIRTYAVENGER
August 6th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I am at Cerulean City on FireRed, and I have so far caught no flying types, which, for obvious reasons I will need later (I have a no HM slaves policy.).

Are there any good flying types in FireRed other then the Pidges? I have one of them ever time I play and I've just become tired of them. Also, no Spear/Fearows, Already tried one, and it didn't work out.

If it helps, this is what I have so far...

Wartortle Lv.18
Pikachu Lv.17

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 6th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Dodrio is probably what you're looking for, then.
it can learn fly, and can be quite the Powerhouse.

Hope that helped.

MadaraUchiha.
August 6th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Dodrio,Dragonite or Aerodactyl are all good flying types. Dodrio is earlier in game Dragonite is 5th gym I think and Aerodactyl is when you get surf.

Alli
August 6th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Y'all are forgetting Fearow. It can learn both Aerial Ace and Drill Peck, not to mention a decent speed. It's also available sooner than Doduo, Dratini, and Aerodactyl.

theDIRTYAVENGER
August 6th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Okay, thanks everybody. I think I'll go for Aerodactyl or Dodrio when they're needed. Dragonite seems a bit too much trouble since they don't evolve from dragonair until at least the 50s.

lurker
August 6th, 2009, 08:30 PM
scyther is the best choice

Saud-Blaziken
August 6th, 2009, 08:36 PM
IM talking to silver Smeargle:

If you look at the top he/she mentioned that he/she already tried Fearow and it didn't work

does it bother reading..

IM talking to silver Smeargle

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
August 6th, 2009, 08:59 PM
If you want something more unique, you can trade a spearow for a farfetch'd in Vermillion

Alli
August 6th, 2009, 09:20 PM
IM talking to silver Smeargle:

If you look at the top he/she mentioned that he/she already tried Fearow and it didn't work

does it bother reading..

IM talking to silver Smeargle

When it's 11:30 at night, you miss a few things.

If you want something more unique, you can trade a spearow for a farfetch'd in Vermillion

Forgot about that.

scyther is the best choice

I'm sure he's looking for something that can actually fly.

Legendary birds also come to mind here.

Saud-Blaziken
August 6th, 2009, 10:18 PM
When it's 11:30 at night, you miss a few things.

Its Ok
no Problem
I was just pointing out
I don't mean to be rude or anything
sorry if I hurt you're feelings or anything

chaos11011
August 7th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Zubat,it has a double resistence against those pesky grass (Good for your wartorle)

Kanto_Johto
August 7th, 2009, 06:21 AM
I used Dragonite when it evolved after my battle with Koga. I didn't really need Fly before then.

But I have an "always over level my Pokemon 'cause there's always a giant level gap between the 8th GYM and the E4" policy.

Kanto_Johto
August 7th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Nice balance there. Surprising that you manged it with what I would call low leveled Pokemon, at least for the E4 standards anyway.

August 7th, 2009, 07:29 AM
legendary birds or go with the option of having Butterfree

Steelcurtain10reborn
August 7th, 2009, 08:38 AM
legendary birds or go with the option of having Butterfree

Yes,but alot of Flying Types are Stronger than butterfree,I say get a Scyther,it has excellent speed and Attack,not to mention double resistance against grass,it can easily take out grass,water,ground,rock,fighting,and bug. Thats a big Super Effective range,not to mention that Wartortle takes out fire,and pikachu could take out flying,Scyther would be the best choice.

MadaraUchiha.
August 7th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Yes,but alot of Flying Types are Stronger than butterfree,I say get a Scyther,it has excellent speed and Attack,not to mention double resistance against grass,it can easily take out grass,water,ground,rock,fighting,and bug. Thats a big Super Effective range,not to mention that Wartortle takes out fire,and pikachu could take out flying,Scyther would be the best choice.

Scyther cant learn FLY tho.

yoshikiller995
August 7th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I myself would go with Aerodactyl, you can't go wrong with it.

Samme!
August 7th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Oh those Kanto Flying Types.

I'm currently doing a flying type monotype challenge and have found out that Kanto has quite a variety of flying pokemon. This is my team:
Charizard
Pidgeot
Scyther
**Aerodactyl**
Dragonite
Gyarados

-Seeing as you already have a water type Gyarados is out.
-And since you chose Squirtle as your starter, Charizard is also out.
-Also, since you don't want Pidgey, say bye bye to Pidgeot.
-Dragonite would be a good choice but like you said, it takes a long time for it to get to it's final evolution.
-Scyther is very good but it happens to not be able to learn Fly. Hasta La Vista Baby

Look who won! AERODACTYL
Being a Flying/Rock Type, it can a large variety of attacks like:
-earthquake
-steel wing
-aerial ace
-ancient power
-hyper beam
-flamethrower
-iron tail
-dragon claw
Plus: It has great speed and attack :)

So considering your current dilemma, I would choose Aerodactyl.

Hope I could help ^^

chaos11011
August 7th, 2009, 10:35 AM
But Gobat is fast and can deal with grass types

dragonqueen0210
August 9th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Or you could somehow find a way to get Mew, it learns all HMs and TMs.

GrassGiant
August 10th, 2009, 06:15 AM

I'm currently doing a flying type monotype challenge and have found out that Kanto has quite a variety of flying pokemon. This is my team:
Charizard
Pidgeot
Scyther
**Aerodactyl**
Dragonite
Gyarados

-Dragonite would be a good choice but like you said, it takes a long time for it to get to it's final evolution.
-Scyther is very good but it happens to not be able to learn Fly. Hasta La Vista Baby

Look who won! AERODACTYL
-earthquake
-steel wing
-aerial ace
-ancient power
-hyper beam
-flamethrower
-iron tail
-dragon claw

Hope I could help ^^
You forgot two others fly pokemon that Kanto have, Golbat, which can learn Fly and Fearow but that one is out because he said he dont want that one too....And Golbat have a pretty decent speed too

theDIRTYAVENGER
August 10th, 2009, 10:09 AM
I'm of course talking about Flying Types who, one, are actually flying types (NOT Scyther) and are capable of using Fly, so that I won't have to violate my own HM slaves policy. So that would mean no Zu/Gol/Crobats, or Bug/Fling Types. Just a day ago I resurected an Aerodactyl, and was disapointed at it's low level. (It's now in a daycare.) So I decided to go with Dodrio, at least until Aerodactyl is battle-ready.

Also, in the OP I said NO Fearows, SilverSmeagle, I realize what you said earlier was a mistake. AND, Scyther is NO flying type, and even if it was I would not use it due to it being Bug type (I have a lot of policies) and because it wouldn't be able to learn Fly.

EDIT: My bad, Scyther IS part flying.

Charizard
Pidgeot
Scyther
**Aerodactyl**
Dragonite
Gyarados

Look who won! AERODACTYL
-earthquake
-steel wing
-aerial ace
-ancient power
-hyper beam
-flamethrower
-iron tail
-dragon claw

Hope I could help ^^Thank you for the help! Aerodactyl's in the day care until about level 20, and I have the TM for Dragon Claw. I would have chosen Charmander as a starter but I go solo usually for the first two towns so I would be dead vs. Brock/Misty.

Samme!
August 10th, 2009, 10:48 AM
You're welcome! Happy I could help :)

Chrono
August 12th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I started playing Emerald all over again but on my PSP this time :P

I was wondering what kind of water pokemon should be on my team, I've only seen Marill so far and I wonder if there's any other cool water pokemon or should I just catch Marill and train it to Azumarill

Mattysaurus
August 12th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Get a Staryu so you can have a Starmie..
It's really stong if trained right.
It can learn a wide variety of moves too.

Chrono
August 12th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Oo sounds cool, What do you think of Sharpedo?

http://serebii.net/pokedex-rs/319.shtml

Divine~Deoxys
August 12th, 2009, 10:35 AM
fast as hell in-game.

pretty naff though.

u'll struggle to catch either, particularly staryu (five hours and haven't got one).

Swampert's the best, but you obviously didn't choose it as a starter.

scyfer
August 13th, 2009, 09:54 PM
im thinking of starting emerald over, any suggestions on pokemon?

Ru-Kun
August 15th, 2009, 10:14 AM
im thinking of starting emerald over, any suggestions on pokemon?

Could you be a little more specific, like what types you like, how many Pokemon you want, what are some of your favorites, are you gonna use HM slaves?

Divine~Deoxys
August 15th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I have a suggestion: Breloom. Catch a Shroomish in petalburg forest.

It rocks ass.

Kanto_Johto
August 15th, 2009, 04:29 PM
...With Bulbasaur, or possibly Charmander.

Never, ever have I chosen Bulbasaur before. I have absolutely no experience with him and I need to think of a new team. Before I had Raichu, Dugtrio, Arcanine, Snorlax, Blastoise and Dragonite. Dragonite will be in my party if I start again. He will never be replaced. Blastoise has always been my favourite, but I feel like trying something new. What do you guys think? I'm thinking of having a completely different party all together. Suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

Sam.Is.Dead.
August 15th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Magneton has always been reliable for me, vaporeon or one of the other eeveeevolutions are nice

Ru-Kun
August 15th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Well obviously you will have Dragonite in you party so that's one and we don't need to worry about a flying type anymore. You said you have never used Bulbasaur before so go ahead and use it. You need a water Pokemon for surf so a Gyarados, is a good option, but that's also part flying so you may not want that. A Tentacruel is also easy to get, but that's also part poison so that would be two part poison types. A Poliwrath could be good, or you could just go with a HM slave. For an electric type a Jolteon could work.

Well that's four and I'm running out of ideas. 0.0' Just go with Pokemon you like or some that me or others suggest.

Maninho
August 15th, 2009, 08:40 PM
You should get a Nidorino

Logiedan
August 15th, 2009, 08:46 PM
When I first played FireRed. My most reliable was always my starter and my Vaporeon. A female Vaporeon is like a Power Tank. It helped me alot during the Elite Four.I suggest getting a Gyarados or a Vaporeon if you start with Charmander or Bulbasaur

Kurosaki~Dragon
August 17th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Just restarted leafgreen again, but I'm stuck as I have no idea for a team..

I chose charmander.

I always get a pidgeot so I don't want it, or fearow. And I always get a nidoking so I'm tired of him too... Maybe try out nidoqueen...

For a water type I'm thinking either vaporeon or starmie.. or maybe even lapras for it's type.

I hate raichu, and I don't want any grass types as they don't interest me..

The only electric type I like is jolteon, as magneton/electrode bore me and electabuzz is fire red.

Maybe a rhydon...? I've never used one before...

So let's see..

Charizard
Vaporeon/Starmie/Lapras
Jolteon(??)
Rhydon/Nidoqueen(??)

And umm.. Maybe a dragonite... but that's so far in the game. :S

Pretty much I want to use things I've never used, but it's hard deciding what to use xD

Pokegirl98
August 21st, 2009, 01:14 PM
I am playing FR and pretty much have my team figured out. I am not new at the Pokemon games, but am not familiar with all of the Pokemon in FR/LG. Here's my team...please tell me your suggestions and help with the moveset for them! thanks for all the help!

Blastoise
Snorlax
Zapdos
-------
-------
Farfetch'd

Resultz
August 21st, 2009, 02:05 PM
can i just ask: Whats the major point of having a Farftch'd?

and for the remaining two places. Hmmm. well i always use a Psuedo-Legendary. Ie Dragonite for FRLG. So Dragonite. and also a Psychic Type. I suggest Hypno. Many tend to prefer alakazam but i think Hypno's better, because its bulkier and easier to train.

Hamako-chan
August 21st, 2009, 02:12 PM
You should get Dragonite, Articuno or Moltres.
And yes, whats the point of having Farfetch'.
Its pretty weak by the way.

solopy567
August 21st, 2009, 02:15 PM
I always catch the very first available bird for some support, so I think Pidgeot or Fearow would have been a better choice than Farfetch'd.

Get a fire type and a grass type if you can. Fire is one of the main elements and its very important

Pokegirl98
August 21st, 2009, 03:54 PM
can i just ask: Whats the major point of having a Farftch'd?

and for the remaining two places. Hmmm. well i always use a Psuedo-Legendary. Ie Dragonite for FRLG. So Dragonite. and also a Psychic Type. I suggest Hypno. Many tend to prefer alakazam but i think Hypno's better, because its bulkier and easier to train.

The only reason for Farfetch'd is for an HM slave. my friend told me that Farfetch'd was a good HM slave. Fly and Cut... And thx for the suggestion... and how do u get Dragonite (or the previous evolutions)?

troselly
August 21st, 2009, 05:02 PM
Get dratini at the game corner in celadon. I agree with Resultz, train a hypno. They are very helpful and easy to train.

Pokegirl98
August 21st, 2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks...now if i could remember where to find Drowzee.....

Resultz
August 22nd, 2009, 01:30 AM
Drowzee can be found on route (insert number here) by the digglett cave,
Dratini (and i believe dragonair) can be fished up in the first area of the safari zone. Dratini can be bought from the game corner.

I personally dont believe in hm slaves. The only 3 HMs you need really are Fly surf strength, and i dont mind my main battle team knowing those moves.

However if you DO train a dratini. DONT lt it Evolve unyil level 54. Why? because Dragonair is so SCRUB to train its unbelieveable. I just given mine an EXP share and left it until E4.

hope i helped

Apotheosis
August 22nd, 2009, 04:52 AM
I always catch the very first available bird for some support, so I think Pidgeot or Fearow would have been a better choice than Farfetch'd.

Get a fire type and a grass type if you can. Fire is one of the main elements and its very important
Grass is really not needed. Unless it's got nice poison, leech seed and stuffs. Fire has lots of damage but you can easily live without it as well. Unless you're going competitive, you can have any type or Pokémon you wish on your team. Course it's pretty cute having a Fire/Water/Grass triple, anime style. And in Kanto games, it can work too.

Dratini (and i believe dragonair) can be fished up in the first area of the safari zone. Dratini can be bought from the game corner.

I personally dont believe in hm slaves. The only 3 HMs you need really are Fly surf strength, and i dont mind my main battle team knowing those moves.

However if you DO train a dratini. DONT lt it Evolve unyil level 54. Why? because Dragonair is so SCRUB to train its unbelieveable. I just given mine an EXP share and left it until E4.

hope i helped
HM slaves are niiiiice. Zigzagoon! Oh, FR/LG...

You don't even need Fly, except for moments when you know you want to get back easily from a distant area or so. Surf is a good attack and the only HM really needed in a team, at least after you've beaten the game. Strength is ok too, I guess. IMO :3

Pokegirl98
August 22nd, 2009, 06:51 AM

hope i helped.
Thx, you did help. I thought you could have a Dragonite by lv 50... and what does SCRUB mean? (I have only played D/P/PL, and only know the sayings that I have read. STAB is it)

Resultz
August 23rd, 2009, 02:19 AM
SCRUb means Poor. Bad. Its kinda a substitute for swearing.

No dragonite is level 55. The reason i say to wait to evolve dratini, is because Dragonair isnt worth trainiung its realy bad. Dratini levels up faster if you give it a EXp share.

The moiveset that i use on dragonite is

EQ
wing attack
Dragon Claw
Thunderbolt/Surf

scyfer
August 25th, 2009, 03:13 PM
is donphan any good?
i've always wanted to train it but is it worth it??

daby
August 29th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Hi. I'm playing Leaf Green, and my team is almost complete. I'm in Saffron City
I have Charizard, Victreebell, Nidoqueen, Persian and Jolteon.

But I need a good water pokemon. I tried Lapras, but it's hard to train.

Any sugestions ?

Timbjerr
August 29th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Gyarados and Tenatacruel are solid choices. Barring them, Starmie is another good option. :D

Madsen
August 29th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Kabutops
Slowbro/king
Golduck
Poliwrath\Politoed
Tentacruel
Dewgong
Cloyster
Kingler
Seadra/Kingdra
Gyarados
Omastar
Or trade from RSE
oh and Seaking and Starmie

Jad
August 29th, 2009, 02:52 AM
try tinacruel or gradyuas
i used tintacruel

daby
August 29th, 2009, 05:14 AM
I decided, i caught a Staryu lvl 25 and evolved it.
sugestions for what moves to teach him ?
I already teached him Psychic and I will teach him Surf. other sugestions ?

Timbjerr
August 29th, 2009, 10:44 AM
For in-game use I assume? Recover would be helpful, and perhaps Ice Beam for Lance's dragons.

Swift!
August 31st, 2009, 04:17 AM
I need to know what the best natures are for an in-game Charizard, Blaziken and Infernape. The natures are the only thing that are stopping me from playing, so I'd like a simple answer for each Pokemon.

Chaostorm
August 31st, 2009, 04:56 AM
Charizard : Timid or Modest ( if you wanna use Bellyzard , Adamant or Jolly is a must then )
Blaziken : Blaziken is offensive on both sides , you can alter it being a Physical sweeper by choosing Adamant / Jolly , or Special Sweeper by choosing Modest / Timid , or Mixed Sweeper by choosing Lonely / Rash / Naughty / Mild / Hasty / Naive .
Infernape : the forum is for GBA issues so I think I cant answer for this :s

nooooooooooo
September 4th, 2009, 04:20 PM
i was thinking swampert,breloom,torkoal,flygon and gyarados.

but what about the last one? an eletric type? or should i switch torkoal for camerupt?

chaos11011
September 4th, 2009, 05:01 PM
After a few mins looking at that team I saw a good combanations

Breloom,Flygon,Gyarados,Electrode,Blazekein,Armaldo

Camerupt,Gyarados,Sceptail,Armaldo,Electrode,Absol

Swampert,Breloom,Ninetales,Electrode,Armaldo,Altaria

BeachBoy
September 4th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Merged yet another emerald thread here, remember to use this thread next go 'round, Mr. No~

nooooooooooo
September 4th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Merged yet another emerald thread here, remember to use this thread next go 'round, Mr. No~

sorry lol didnt realize there was a thread already going like this, its one of my first times making a new thread

Amore
September 5th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Ok, i'm on Leaf Green, and i'm stuck at doing the 4th Gym. I haven't a clue what HM it unlocks, don't really care as long as i can use them all first, but i wanted to build this team:

Pikachu/Raichu
Bulbasaur (that's right, no evolvey)
Vaporeon
Dragonite
Snorlax
HM Slave

Now i can't get to Fuchsia for Dratini,(well, i probably can if i go in rocket hidout and then do pokemon tower shizz) and i hate game corner and itemfinder, so what fire types can i get???

Because my current team is:
Vaporeon lv.25 (default moves, needs exp. share for raising)
Pikachu lv.35 (T-Bolt, Quick Attack, T-Wave, agility i think)
Bulbasaur lv.41 (roughly) (Razor Leaf, PoisonPowder, Sleep Powder, ?????)

And, ffs, i decided to go battling in pokemon tower to raise up Vaporeon, came across rival, and he pwnd everything cept Bulbasaur, which was left poisoned with 1hp.
I t-bolted my way through Celadon gym trainers, but gym leader has beaten me 4 times.

Blazers
September 5th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Alright I'm playing Emerald.

So far my party is

Combusken
Pidgeotto
Nuzleaf

What else should I get?

nooooooooooo
September 6th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Alright I'm playing Emerald.

So far my party is

Combusken
Pidgeotto
Nuzleaf

What else should I get?
id get a water type, maybe gyarados or wailord?
phsychic type, gardevoir maybe?
and im not really sure for the last one, you have a flying,fire,fighting,grass and dark types so far and if you go with my suggestions then you'll have a water and phsychic type, so maybe a dragon type, like altaria or flygon or get a bagon and lvl him up into a salamence

Soul Silver
September 7th, 2009, 08:21 AM
so what fire types can i get???

Growlithe is available on routes 7 & 8 and is probably the best non starter fire pokemon in the first 150. Actually not sure if its available in Leaf Green as I only have Fire Red but it should be.

Other than that you could pick up a flying pokemon short term pick up FLY from that house near the cycling road and it should be able to take out at least one of Erica's Pokemon.

Alli
September 7th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Nope, Growlithe is only in FR. Vulpix is LG exclusive, as well as Magmar. Both are great fire types, though. Then there's always Ponyta and Moltres. Not a bad selection, I must say.

ShadowDragon~
September 12th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Guys, I need a suggestion for a solo run, in both leaf green and emerald...

Alli
September 12th, 2009, 10:06 AM
If you wanna go with starters, I suggest Charmander and Torchic, but if you plan on going with a more difficult challenge, here are some other options:

Note; I'm only listing Pokemon obtainable before the first gym.

LG; Butterfree, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Raticate, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Raichu, Fearow, Primeape
Emerald; Beautifly, Dustox, Gardevoir, Swellow, Pelipper, Linoone, Mightyena, Exploud, Delcatty, Ludicolo, Nijask, Shedinja, Hariyama, Slaking, Breloom

Might've left some out, but nyeh. Decent selection, I'd say, especially for Emerald.

c3rad
September 12th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I just restarted my Leaf Green version this afternoon and I need help for a good team.

So far I have:

1. Charmeleon lv. 19

2. Pikachu lv. 15

3. Mankey lv. 15

I want to train a drowzee as well, but I can't think of what I should do with the two other spots.

I want a strong water type and as far as the other goes I'm pretty lenient

Alli
September 12th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I would consider Starmie, but you already have a psychic type. There's always Seadra, Seaking, Vaporeon, Tentacruel, and Gyarados, just to name a few.

For the last slot, I suggest something normal, grass, or rock. Golem, Persian, Lickitung, Exeggutor, Weepinbell, and Onix are all pretty good. If you don't like them, I could always think of some others for you.

c3rad
September 12th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I would consider Starmie, but you already have a psychic type. There's always Seadra, Seaking, Vaporeon, Tentacruel, and Gyarados, just to name a few.

For the last slot, I suggest something normal, grass, or rock. Golem, Persian, Lickitung, Exeggutor, Weepinbell, and Onix are all pretty good. If you don't like them, I could always think of some others for you.

I'll have to look into some of those water types. I haven't used a tentacruel in a while.

And I've started training a bellsprout too

Radon
September 16th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Alright I'm currently playing Ruby.

My team at the moment is:

lvl 33 Breloom
lvl 29 Marshstomp
lvl 26 Skarmory
lvl 24 Numel

and planning on using an Electrike for an electric type. I'm not sure what to use for the last spot, or if my current 4 are even good. I haven't played pokemon in at least 6 years and I don't remember very much about what is needed to get to and beat the Elite 4.

A few pokemon that I have in the storage are:
Wynaut
Marill
Tropius
Wingull
Slakoth
Skitty
Beautifly
Tailow
Spinda
Sandshrew
Shedinja
Torkoal
Ninjask
Hariyama
Trapinch
Zangoose
Aron

Any suggestions or tips what to catch/use/evolve is very appreciated.

c3rad
September 17th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Looks like I'm starting my leafgreen over again.

This time I only have half a team planned out

1. Venusaur

2. Persian/ Tauros

3. Poliwrath/ Starmie

4.------

5.------

6.------

As for the other half I don't really know what I should get. I do want a fire-type, but the other two spots are open for suggestion

scyfer
September 21st, 2009, 09:31 AM
i think this is the right place to post this so, whats better for my crobat? wing attack or aerial ace? same strength, aerial ace is more useful, but wing attack has a lot of pp, which can also come in handy, seeing as she only has two attack moves, the other only has 15 pp
im not using for competitive battling, just for my journey

Looks like I'm starting my leafgreen over again.

This time I only have half a team planned out

1. Venusaur

2. Persian/ Tauros

3. Poliwrath/ Starmie

4.------

5.------

6.------

As for the other half I don't really know what I should get. I do want a fire-type, but the other two spots are open for suggestion

for fire you should definitely go for ninetails
you should also think about getting an electric, it will be really useful later, as for me i always go with pikachu but its up to you
also a psychic type will come pretty handy, alakazam or hypno, whichever suits your style

Alli
September 21st, 2009, 02:50 PM
Aerial Ace never misses, so I'd pick that over Wing Attack. Just PP UP it if you're really concerned over PP.

Jubilation
September 23rd, 2009, 12:00 AM
I need some help with a team I'm considering putting together;

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa003.png

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa095.png

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa080.png

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa136.png

I need help with the two last spots, I was thinking of placing Jhoto pokemon but I might need to replace two for the Elite Four.

Swift!
September 23rd, 2009, 01:06 AM
I need some help with a team I'm considering putting together;

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa003.png

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa095.png

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa080.png

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa136.png

I need help with the two last spots, I was thinking of placing Jhoto pokemon but I might need to replace two for the Elite Four.

If you teach Earthquake to Onix and Shadow Ball to Flareon, then you'll only have to worry about Normal, Dragon & Dark (that is, as long as all your other Pokemon have at least one attack of their type). The last three types can be taken care of with a Fighting-type and either an Ice-type or a Dragon-type.

Jubilation
September 23rd, 2009, 01:16 AM
Would you recommend I get a Primeape to cover the Normal types?

Swift!
September 23rd, 2009, 01:43 AM
Would you recommend I get a Primeape to cover the Normal types?

Either that or a Machoke/Machamp.

DeeJayFusion
September 23rd, 2009, 07:44 AM
So, I haven't been able to beat the elite four, and I'm looking to fill my final two spots.

Vaporeon [66]: Surf, Auroa Beam, Double-Edge, Hydro Pump
Charizard [55]: Fly, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Overheat
Victribell [60]: Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Razor Blade, Giga Drain
Dragonair [51]: Shock Wave, Dragon Rage, Surf, Slam.

I'm willing to add just about anything, just let me know. Anyone think I should continue training Nidorino/Primeape?

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

Alli
September 23rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Evolve Dragonair at level 55. Get a lot of coins in the Game Corner and trade them in for the Ice Beam TM and replace Vaporeon's Aurora Beam.

As for the other two spots, they're not really necessary, but if you want something to have, I recommend Machamp or Hitmonlee for fighting Lorelei, and against Agatha, Alakazam would do you wonders, just make sure it's as high as the rest of your team because both Gengar and Kazam have high speeds, but I think Kazam can outspeed it. And remember that in this game, Shadow Ball is a physical attack, so KO Gengar with Kazam's Psychic as quick as you can. Arbok should be no problem for you.

Edit; Also, Thunderbolt is preferable for Dragonair/nite. It's accuracy isn't never miss like Shock Wave's, but at 100%, you should be fine. Much better base power, as well.

DeeJayFusion
September 23rd, 2009, 05:43 PM
Hey, thanks Smeargle!

Where would I be able to get a thunderbolt TM.

I did evolve dragonair :D

Alli
September 23rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
You're gonna have to get coins for that one, too, I'm afraid.

Jubilation
September 23rd, 2009, 05:56 PM
You can get the ThunderBolt TM at the Celadon Game Corner.

DeeJayFusion
September 23rd, 2009, 06:09 PM
That's great. Is it worth doing that, or training a pikachu?

Alli
September 23rd, 2009, 06:26 PM
I'd go for the TM. I wouldn't want to waste time training another Pokemon since it takes so long to get Dragonite. And it's a great Pokemon, too.

DeeJayFusion
September 23rd, 2009, 06:28 PM
Okay, Thanks for the help Smeargle :D

skorupoke
September 24th, 2009, 05:36 AM
I just purified the shadow Togepi. Luckily, it had Serene Grace :D
I traded it to Fire Red, then migrated it to Diamond, and evolved it into Togetic, then Togekiss.
I gave Togekiss some Carbos and Calcium and took a look at the stats, and then I saw this:
IT HAD HUSTLE!!!!
WHAT THE HECK!>?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:(

Help me please! What can I do now? (Sadly, I SAVED when togetic became togekiss..... :( )

DeeJayFusion
September 24th, 2009, 07:37 AM
There's nothing you can do, that's the special Togekiss has.
I had the same issue with my Dragonair, once it went to Dragonite it lost shed skin, I was pissed, too. But I can't change it.

scyfer
September 28th, 2009, 01:51 PM
i need suggestions for my emerald team!!
i could trade over some from fire red, but anyway yeah any suggestions are fine!cuz i have no clue who to train this time:\

Alli
September 28th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Well, that depends. Where are you in the game?

scyfer
September 28th, 2009, 02:11 PM
in emerald? well i havent even started a new game, i like to prepare my team before i start my game

Alli
September 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Oh. I see. Well, by personal preference...

Blaziken
Ludicolo/Kingdra
Raichu/Manectric
Shiftry/Vileplume
Flygon
Gardevoir

or...

Sceptile
Swellow
Aggron
Magneton
Wailord
Ninetales

or...

Swampert
Shiftry/Breloom
Salamence/Flygon
Alakazam
Manectric
Camerupt

Just potentials line-ups depending on the starter. Swap them around if you'd like, but those are my favorite picks from the game.

themzr
September 28th, 2009, 04:23 PM
i can't seem to get past the elite four in leaf green here is my team please make comments on it

primeape lvl 44
zapdos lvl 55
charizard lvl 46
nidoqueen lvl 47
moltres lvl 51
lapras lvl 48

Alli
September 28th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Try to get all those level 40's to at least level 50. Also, would you mind posting the moveset? At first glance, this team should have no problem taking down the E4.

c3rad
September 28th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I need some help with my Ruby team.

I just started with treecko and need some help picking the other team members

So far My final team looks like this:

1.Sceptile

2. Exploud

3. Flygon

4. Hariyama/Medicham/ decent fighting type

5. Crobat

6.--------

I'm not so sure about crobat in 5

I don't know what to put for 6

Any help would be very nice

Alli
September 28th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Crobat is an excellent choice, in my opinion. As for slot 6, I highly recommend a water type. Walrein, Kingdra, Gorebyess, and Wailord are all very decent water types that can learn Ice Beam and/or Blizzard to handle Drake's Pokemon when you get to the Pokemon League.

sasuneuchiha
September 28th, 2009, 04:53 PM
i can't seem to get past the elite four in leaf green here is my team please make comments on it

primeape lvl 44
zapdos lvl 55
charizard lvl 46
nidoqueen lvl 47
moltres lvl 51
lapras lvl 48

Probably competative battling getting to me, but I notice the two fire/flying hybrids. Just a habit, sorry. Maybe switch one of those out? I mean, it should work just fine but having articuno instead would give you a little help against lance. A grass type wouldn't kill you either. Maybe an Exeggutor? Those were always useful in my opinion. I realize that that would involve leveling and that articuno would be killing my own conditions, as you already have both those types, but either would help you a lot I think.

scyfer
September 28th, 2009, 05:51 PM
thanks SilverSmeargleSplatter :)

i put i n a mixture of your suggestions
here they are:

Kingdra
Pikachu
Sceptile
Ninetails
Flygon

but im looking for a fighting type for my 6th? or should i add in something else?

Alli
September 28th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I dislike Hariyama, and since you chose Treecko, I recommend Machamp.

scyfer
September 28th, 2009, 06:17 PM
yeah i thought about torchic but i just like treecko heh, well thanks! ima go with machop then

themzr
September 29th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Probably competative battling getting to me, but I notice the two fire/flying hybrids. Just a habit, sorry. Maybe switch one of those out? I mean, it should work just fine but having articuno instead would give you a little help against lance. A grass type wouldn't kill you either. Maybe an Exeggutor? Those were always useful in my opinion. I realize that that would involve leveling and that articuno would be killing my own conditions, as you already have both those types, but either would help you a lot I think.

i not a fan of grass pokemon they are just not my type and i have lapras will will wreak havoc through lance

Madsen
October 3rd, 2009, 01:19 AM
Ok, I'm playing FireRed, which I haven't played in like a month =P
Anyways is this team going to be good enough for the E4?
I just beat Gary.

Arcanine Lv.72
~Flamethrower
~Bite
~Extremespeed
~Body Slam

Lapras Lv.70
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Thunderbolt
~Psychic

Jolteon Lv.70
~Thunderbolt
~Thunder Wave
~Substitute
~Shadow Ball

Dragonite Lv.71
~Outrage
~Hyper Beam
~Earthquake
~Ice Beam

Snorlax Lv.72
~Body Slam
~Return
~Fire Blast
~Seismic Toss

HMSLAVE
~Strength
~Surf
~Rock Smash
~Cut

Alli
October 3rd, 2009, 10:59 AM
O___O

That team is plenty good to beat Gary. I don't even know how you could think it's not.

Ninja Caterpie
October 3rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
o.o

The Elite Four at strongest has level 6x's.

o.o

Madsen
October 3rd, 2009, 11:37 PM
o.o

The Elite Four at strongest has level 6x's.

o.o

Wee!

Just have to find my GBA and GARY'S DEAD.
I saw his lineup on psypoke.
=\

themzr
October 4th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Ok, I'm playing FireRed, which I haven't played in like a month =P
Anyways is this team going to be good enough for the E4?
I just beat Gary.

Arcanine Lv.72
~Flamethrower
~Bite
~Extremespeed
~Body Slam

Lapras Lv.70
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Thunderbolt
~Psychic

Jolteon Lv.70
~Thunderbolt
~Thunder Wave
~Substitute
~Shadow Ball

Dragonite Lv.71
~Outrage
~Hyper Beam
~Earthquake
~Ice Beam

Snorlax Lv.72
~Body Slam
~Return
~Fire Blast
~Seismic Toss

HMSLAVE
~Strength
~Surf
~Rock Smash
~Cut

i smashed them with my level fortys i never took a hit from gary you should be fine!

Svetlana73
October 4th, 2009, 06:07 AM
in emerald
im trying to get a seedot
ive been to all 3 areas
and done about an hour on each one
but still no luck

can somebody tell the best place to catch one
and how long it took them?

thanks in advance =3

Alli
October 4th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I find Seedot (and Nuzleaf for that matter) to be really easy to find around Route 114. Try there and see if that works better.

Madsen
October 6th, 2009, 01:49 AM
...and if that doesn't work, maybe your luck is on another pokemon. Try finding ralts and then trading it in Rustboro.
If you don't mind the nickname.

astdifra
October 6th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks for your sharing. Thanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.

Ru-Kun
October 7th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Does anyone know some good move sets for a Dragonite, Feraligatr, Steelix, and Blaziken?

Alli
October 7th, 2009, 01:47 PM
These are just personal recommendations;

Feraligatr; Surf/Waterfall, Ice Beam, Rock Slide/Earthquake, Rain Dance/Screech

Steelix; Iron Tail, Earthquake, Iron Defense, Rock Slide

Dragonite; Dragon Claw/Outrage, Thunder Wave, Dragon Dance, Fly/Aerial Ace

Blaziken; Bulk Up, Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, Aerial Ace/Slash/Earthquake

Amore
October 11th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Ok, i'm doing a LeafGreen Monotype Challenge with the Flying Type.

My planned Team is:
Charizard (Mild)
Dragonite (Adamant/Jolly)
Gyarados (Jolly)
Aerodactyl (Adamant/Jolly)

Can someone recommend some moves, and how to get them (level up, stop pokemon from evolving so it learns at a certain level, tm (where to get if it's not purchasable at Celadon Department Store).

Alli
October 13th, 2009, 06:58 PM
These are all just personal preferences:

Charizard: Flamethrower/Blast Burn, Fly/Aerial Ace, Slash/Metal Claw, Smokescreen
Dragonite: Dragon Dance, Outrage, Fly/Aerial Ace/Wing Attack, Thunder Wave
Gyarados: Surf/Hydro Pump, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Hyper Beam
Aerodactyl: Rock Slide, Fly/Aerial Ace, Supersonic, Hyper Beam

I was disregarding the natures there. You can wait on someone else's thought if you don't like mine. I don't really go for EVs and all that jazz.

Also, just to reiterate, this thread is for all advance generation games, meaning Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen. Whether you don't know what to have on your team or you need moveset recommendations, this is the thread. Please don't make a thread for team help when this thread exists.

TFN
October 14th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I need a last member for my team

Team so far

Swampert : Surf, Mudshot, MuddyWater and Mud-Slap
Breloom : Mach Punch, Strength, Sky Uppercut and Leech Seed
Lairon : Headbutt, Iron Defence , Iron Tail and Take Down
Manectric : T-Bolt, Shock Wave, HP Grass and Theif
Absol : Swords Dance, Quick Attack, Fire Blast and Slash

Also I need some decent movesets cause the way the team is just now Swampert is gonna become a HM Slave.

Thanks in advance

Alli
October 14th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Few suggestions, just so that your Swampert isn't stuck with all the HMs:

Tentacruel; it's got good special defense and can take the other two water HMs since sticking them on Swampert is a waste of...well, a Swampert.

Gorebyss; high special attack, so it could also put good use to those water HMs. If you prefer something less girly, then there's always Huntail, but you have to be able to trade to get these two.

Seadra/Kingdra; depending on whether or not you're limited by trading or not. Kingdra's an excellent addition and can resist electric, grass, and ice moves well. Your main concern is dragon type moves

Wailord; bulky waters are your friend.

Basically, I'm just trying to help prevent your Swampert from being an HM slave. You could always delete Dive and teach TM26 (Earthquake) to it once all the diving in the game is over with, you know. That's what I normally do. Lemme know if you were looking for something different.

Oh, about the movesets, I quite like them. It's only in-game, so they look fine to me. For Swampert, I usually have Ice Beam, Surf/Waterfall, Earthquake, Protect, but that's just me.

Stan the man
October 14th, 2009, 11:38 PM
ok i have a team here
raichu
sandslash

thats all i got i want to make a kanto/jhoto team any ideas?

chaos11011
October 17th, 2009, 07:53 AM
ok i have a team here
raichu
sandslash

thats all i got i want to make a kanto/jhoto team any ideas?
Um what game?You can get both of them in any Advance Gen Game.
But I'll help you anyways.

If you are playing Leaf Green (sandslash isnt avalible in FR)
Raichu
Sandslash
Pidgeot
*Ninetales
*Lapras
*Victorybell

If you are playing R/S/E
Raichu
Sandslash
Crobat
*Vileplume/Breloom
*Camerupt
*Gyrados

*=May exchange for starter
If you do put Crobat on you team put Breloom instead of Vileplum so you wont have 2 poisons.

Paradox56
October 27th, 2009, 08:14 AM
My team for the Elite Four, still training Poliwhirl up, but she can already take the first two on.

34 Poliwhirl
-Hypnosis
-Focus Punch
-Surf
-Psychic

43 Venusaur
-Cut
-Razor Leaf
-Leech Seed
-Frenzy Plant

47 Graveler
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Strength
-Explosion

50 Moltres
-Fire Spin
-Agility
-Endure
-Flamethrower

51 Articuno
-Blizzard
-Agility
-Fly
-Ice Beam

52 Zapdos
-Thunder Wave
-Thunder
-Detect
-Drill Peck

So I need some help developing better move sets for these guys that'll help me beat the Elite Four without being 20 levels higher than them. (Tell you the truth I really don't feel like trying to train that high right now.

Alli
October 27th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Poliwrath:

Submisson over Focus Punch. It's more reliable, but also has recoil damage. You might want to have him at level 40 at least.

Venusaur:

Go to the move deleter (Lavender Town, I think) and get rid of Cut and replace it with Toxic. Toxic + Leech Seed = deadly

Moltres:

Replace Fire Spin with Aerial Ace. It never misses and it's STAB.

The others seem fine to me.

ScytherX
October 27th, 2009, 11:16 PM
My pokemon saphire team- OPEN TO ANY IMPROVEMENTS
Gardevoir- lvl 55 Futre sight,Physic,Shadow Ball,Hypnosis
Blaziken- lvl 70 Blaze kick,Sky uppercut,Earthquake,Slash
Kyorge- lvl 56 Hydro pump,Surf,Ice beam,Thunder
Metang- lvl 35 (want to evolve) Take Down,Confusion,Scary face,Forgot sorry
Lairon- lvl 40 (want to evolve) Iron tail,Take down,Screech,Iron defense -Havent had the chance to tech it moves as i caught it lvl 40 in victory road :)
Open to suggestions ;)

The Roshi
October 28th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Replace gardevoir with alakazam. It can run the same set with much more power and efficiency.

Add an electric type pokemon like manectric that can abuse thunder due to kyogre's rain.

Lokiman42
October 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM
If you don't want to replace Gardevior, then replace future sight with Thunder (This will take care of your electric needs, although it doesn't get STAB from it, it's sp atk is still satisfactory and you can combine it with Kyogre's Drizzle, as stated above).

I would get rid of Shadow Ball. This of course, is personal preferance, but Shadow Ball uses Atk power in generation III (which is ridiculous). Gardevoir can't make very good use of the move, even with a type advantage. I'd recommend Calm Mind instead. My Gardevoir uses a very similar moveset to this, and it hasn't failed me yet.

I recommend replacing Blaze Kick with Flamethrower (unfortunately, blaze kick still uses sp atk in generation III, so Flamethrower is more accurate and more powerful. You can get it at the game corner), I also recommend replacing Slash with Mirror Move (give the move tutor a heart scale and he'll teach it to him). Earthquake, Sky Uppercut, and Flamethrower could be all of your damage dealing moves that can sweep several types, and Mirror Move for "things happen".

I also recommend getting rid of either Kyogre's Surf or Hydro Pump. He doesn't need two water moves (Unless surf is there to get around). I'd recommend Rest (and have it hold a Chesto or Lum Berry).

Everything else seems fine so far. I hope this at least steers you in the right direction.

ScytherX
October 28th, 2009, 12:10 PM
If you don't want to replace Gardevior, then replace future sight with Thunder (This will take care of your electric needs, although it doesn't get STAB from it, it's sp atk is still satisfactory and you can combine it with Kyogre's Drizzle, as stated above).

I would get rid of Shadow Ball. This of course, is personal preferance, but Shadow Ball uses Atk power in generation III (which is ridiculous). Gardevoir can't make very good use of the move, even with a type advantage. I'd recommend Calm Mind instead. My Gardevoir uses a very similar moveset to this, and it hasn't failed me yet.

I recommend replacing Blaze Kick with Flamethrower (unfortunately, blaze kick still uses sp atk in generation III, so Flamethrower is more accurate and more powerful. You can get it at the game corner), I also recommend replacing Slash with Mirror Move (give the move tutor a heart scale and he'll teach it to him). Earthquake, Sky Uppercut, and Flamethrower could be all of your damage dealing moves that can sweep several types, and Mirror Move for "things happen".

I also recommend getting rid of either Kyogre's Surf or Hydro Pump. He doesn't need two water moves (Unless surf is there to get around). I'd recommend Rest (and have it hold a Chesto or Lum Berry).

Everything else seems fine so far. I hope this at least steers you in the right direction.
No surf is not to get around you would be surprised how much that move pwns with kyorge :)
I will add Magnetric into the team is that alright? (im gonna look now if it has alot of power)
I will buy flamethrower, but i will not replace gardevoir for alakazam as i had gardevoir since the start, but i will replace shadow ball
BTW i forgot where move tutor is in pokemon saphire
Thanks for the info :)
ScytherX

kakashi9093
October 28th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Starting a new team in pokemon emerald.
Planning to have this so far
Blaziken
Flygon
(Need a sugestion for flying type)
(Suggestiong for water type)
(Suggestion for grass/electric)
(Fightning/Psychic)
Any advice on what to put for the gaps and where to find the pokemon?

thomascallaghan
October 29th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Starting a new team in pokemon emerald.
Planning to have this so far
Blaziken
Flygon
(Need a sugestion for flying type)
(Suggestiong for water type)
(Suggestion for grass/electric)
(Fightning/Psychic)
Any advice on what to put for the gaps and where to find the pokemon?

Water - Gyarados
Grass - Vileplume?
Electric - Magnaton? PLUSLE! :)
Fighting - Medicham, Machamp/chop
Psychic - Medicham, Azalkazam/Kadabra, Gardevour

amatonoyo
October 29th, 2009, 01:50 AM
starting a new team on FireRed and i need sets for :

Steelix,Arcanine,Snorlax,Dragonite,Mewtwo,Raikou

kakashi9093
October 29th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Water - Gyarados
Grass - Vileplume?
Electric - Magnaton? PLUSLE! :)
Fighting - Medicham, Machamp/chop
Psychic - Medicham, Azalkazam/Kadabra, Gardevour

Vileplumes got pretty bad stats from most of the other poke games i played so definetly not him Dx. id get a magneton but idk the location to find a magnemite :T. Machoke starts to be useless later on and id prob get a gardevoir if i could actually find a ralts :P

Ru-Kun
October 31st, 2009, 04:28 PM
I want to do a Solo run in Emerald, but I can't decide on 1 good Pokemon to go through the game with. Any suggestions?

Alli
October 31st, 2009, 07:34 PM
Any starters are good, of course.

Ludicolo
Swellow
Mightyena
Shiftry
Gardevoir

All of those are catchable at the beginning (well, what evolves into them, I mean), but I find all of them very useful.

ScytherX
November 8th, 2009, 11:54 AM
can you reccomend me a good pokemon for a solo run in emerald?

Alli
November 8th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Any starters are good, of course.

Ludicolo
Swellow
Mightyena
Shiftry
Gardevoir

Funny how that was the last question asked...anyway, yeah. I think those guys are good. You might also give Exploud a thought, too. Also, here are some catchable after the first gym (I'm listing final stages, though):

Aggron
Crobat
Hariyama
Sableye
Gyarados

Hope this helps!

ScytherX
November 9th, 2009, 09:47 AM
i will go for aggron ty for helping

chickenteeth
November 9th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I'm trying to set up a ~dream team~ of sorts in Pokemon Emerald... Here's what I have so far:

Blaziken
Sableye
Luxray
Exploud
Smeargle

There's that last space that I don't know how to fill... Advice? Also, I have no idea about what movesets to use, so I'd appreciate some help with that too. :>

nostick
November 9th, 2009, 09:55 PM
i'm kinda new to this, could someone help me make a team?(LG)
I can get pokemon from r/s/e.

what am i suppose to have on a team? :P i threw pokemon away a long time ago but i want to get back into it

GFA
November 11th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Yo! I'm at about to go to challenge Koga, and I really need help with my team. This is my team so far. Thanks in advance... that is as long as I keep help :)

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/8e/Ani003MS.png Lv. 32 - Razor Leaf, Vine Whip, Sleep Powder, PoisonPowder

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a8/Ani058MS.png Lv. 28 - Take Down, Bite, Ember, Roar

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f7/Ani025MS.png Lv. 28 - Thunderbolt, Slam, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/09/Ani075MS.png Lv. 28 - Magnitude, Selfdestruct, Rock Throw, Tackle

These are the contenders for my fourth slot...

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/df/Ani036MS.png Lv. 30 - Metronome, Mega Punch, Pound, Sing
HP: 101
ATK: 50
DEF: 49
SP.ATK: 68
SP.DEF: 68
SPD: 39

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/12/Ani143MS.png Lv. 30 - MALE - Headbutt, Snore, Rest, Yawn
HP: 140
ATK: 50
DEF: 47
SP.ATK: 45
SP.DEF: 77
SPD: 24

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/12/Ani143MS.png Lv. 30 - FEMALE - Headbutt, Snore, Rest, Yawn
HP: 138
ATK: 45
DEF: 50
SP.ATK: 45
SP.DEF: 74
SPD: 31

Alli
November 11th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Well, if you want a big fat juggernaut, I suggest you go with Snorlax. :> Better for physical moves, and since 3/4 of your team is better off with special stats in that generation, I'd go for the Lax.

Also, you might wanna level up everyone else on your team. You'll need it, trust me. ;)

Swift!
November 11th, 2009, 06:29 PM
SSS is right. I just recently defeated Koga in FireRed and, in the end, it came down to brute force. So, Snorlax is probably your best option. :)

Sky_Attack
November 12th, 2009, 09:12 AM
-Delete-

(Already helped)

.Busou Kihaku.
November 12th, 2009, 12:18 PM
My recent Emerald playthrough which went seriously like planned got me this team, maybe you could help out for eventual big weaknesses, like always my main theme is 'Daddy gonna knock ya block' xD:

Blaziken Lv51
Brick Breack
Slash
Strength
Overheat

Skarmory Lv.51 (I actually had a struggle between Swellow with it's Endeavor, or should i replace Flygon with Swellow?)
Steel Wing
Spikes
Agility
Fly

Breloom Lv.51
Mach Punch
Strength
Sky Uppercut
Mind Reader

Flygon Lv.52
Fly
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Crunch

Lanturn Lv.33 (Just training it with Exp. Share and i didn't do anything to its moveset exept add Surf, Giving an addition to the set would be apreciated) & (Should i switch him in with Manectric? Since it's a more agresive Pokémon?)
Supersonic
Surf
Water Gun
Spark

GFA
November 12th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the help you guys :). Question though, what should I do about it's moveset, it kind of sucks... Also,if it makes any difference, which Snorlax is better? The Male, or Female?

@ Darker Shot: If your going for Electric, no, keep it Lanturn, it's more diverse with resistances, if your going for water though, I'd change it to Whishcash

Alli
November 12th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Female Snorlax just for lulz. Just kidding. The gender makes no difference, so whichever you have is perfectly fine. As for a set, here's a few suggestions:

Body Slam
Earthquake
Rest
Toxic

Body Slam/ Double-Edge
Rest
Amnesia
Curse

Rest
Sleep Talk
Double-Edge
Earthquake/Shadow Ball

Darker Shot, I'd go ahead and keep the Lanturn if you prefer something that can take some hits. Manectric is faster though, if you like the speedy ones.

GFA
November 12th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Female Snorlax just for lulz. Just kidding. The gender makes no difference, so whichever you have is perfectly fine. As for a set, here's a few suggestions:

Body Slam
Earthquake
Rest
Toxic

Body Slam/ Double-Edge
Rest
Amnesia
Curse

Rest
Sleep Talk
Double-Edge
Earthquake/Shadow Ball

SSS, you are a god at PKMN. Sadly, I only have one of the TMs you've suggested.... But thanks anyways. I think I'll go with the 3rd one, when I can...

.Busou Kihaku.
November 13th, 2009, 10:04 AM
I kinda need more help on the team i posted =/

GFA
November 13th, 2009, 12:35 PM
We all do...

Anyway, an overall question whats better, Pikachu or Jolteon? Also, any suggested moveset?

.Busou Kihaku.
November 13th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Jolteon is the better choice of the two, you could also go for Raichu.

bit.trip void
November 13th, 2009, 01:20 PM
My recent Emerald playthrough which went seriously like planned got me this team, maybe you could help out for eventual big weaknesses, like always my main theme is 'Daddy gonna knock ya block' xD:

Blaziken Lv51
Brick Breack
Slash
Strength
Overheat

Skarmory Lv.51 (I actually had a struggle between Swellow with it's Endeavor, or should i replace Flygon with Swellow?)
Steel Wing
Spikes
Agility
Fly

Breloom Lv.51
Mach Punch
Strength
Sky Uppercut
Mind Reader

Flygon Lv.52
Fly
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Crunch

Lanturn Lv.33 (Just training it with Exp. Share and i didn't do anything to its moveset exept add Surf, Giving an addition to the set would be apreciated) & (Should i switch him in with Manectric? Since it's a more agresive Pokémon?)
Supersonic
Surf
Water Gun
Spark

Like, where are you in-game? e_e

Volt/Water Absorb = ♥

GFA
November 13th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Anyone have any ideas for a good Golduck Movset? For a note, Golduck can't learn Psychic through the TM, but it can through breeding, I don't have the time though, so paase take that into consideration :). Thanks in advance!

Alli
November 13th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Calm Mind
Surf / Waterfall
Toxic / Attract / Rest
Ice Beam / Blizzard

Not much I can recommend on that one, I'm afraid. :/

GFA
November 13th, 2009, 03:01 PM
It's that Poliwrath or Seadra :/ I kind of have been limiting my captures, I don't like lot's of Pokemon.

Which would be better for an Electric type, Piakchu or Jolteon?

560cool.
November 13th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Oh on a Golduck....

Surf
Hail (can he...?) - if no then switch to Shadow Ball
Blizzard
Toxic

Exactly what I taught to my friend....

Alli
November 13th, 2009, 04:56 PM
But you have to consider the rest of the team if you add Hail. That and Golduck itself isn't an Ice-type, so he'd be stricken by Hail every turn as well. It can learn Hail, just to clarify.

edit; If the Golduck has Cloud Nine, it will be fine. Forgot about that ability...but still, the rest of the team isn't immune to it, I'm sure.

King!
November 13th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I'm thinking of restarting Emerald, and am going to choose either Torchic or Mudkip.

So, which should I choose, and why? And also, teh best movesets for both(final form)? Thanks!

GFA
November 13th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Can't say about movesets, but strategy wise, they have about the same amount of advantages over gym types as the other one. So really, it's up to you. If you want advantages, I'd actually go for Sceptile.

Swift!
November 14th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I'm thinking of restarting Emerald, and am going to choose either Torchic or Mudkip.

So, which should I choose, and why? And also, teh best movesets for both(final form)? Thanks!

Swampert is probably the stronger of the two. A good in-game moveset for it would be...

- Surf
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Although, Blaziken is good too. I guess a good in-game moveset for it would be...

- Blaze Kick
- Sky Uppercut
- Aerial Ace/Earthquake
- Bulk Up

I'd take this post with a grain of salt until SSS posts. xD

.Busou Kihaku.
November 14th, 2009, 12:00 PM
You should replace Blaze Kick or Earhtquake by Brick Break tho.

Alli
November 14th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Swampert is probably the stronger of the two. A good in-game moveset for it would be...

- Surf
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Although, Blaziken is good too. I guess a good in-game moveset for it would be...

- Blaze Kick
- Sky Uppercut
- Aerial Ace/Earthquake
- Bulk Up

I'd take this post with a grain of salt until SSS posts. xD

The Swampert set is what I always go with, actually. :P Blaziken, however, I tend to switch around. Here's a few.

Flamethrower
Sky Uppercut
Aerial Ace / Earthquake
Mirror Move

Flamethrower / Blaze Kick
Hyper Beam
Sky Uppercut / Dynamic Punch (for Emerald)
Aerial Ace / E-Quake

Not too much of a difference, though. Just remember that Fire-type attacks are still special in this game.

King!
November 14th, 2009, 03:13 PM
So, overall, I have no idea of the answer to my edging problem, who to start with......

Anywho, thanks for the movesets, guys!

Alli
November 15th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Need some suggestions for my FireRed team. C: So far, I've decided on four members. Move sets will be determined later, but here:

Wartortle (not evolving)
Nidorina (not evolving)
Jolteon
Arcanine

I still need two others, excluding the following: Pidgeot, Parasect, Clefable, Rhydon, Starmie, Fearow, Primeape, or any legendary birds. I also don't need any duplicate types (with the exception of dual-types). Still need a flying type of some sort, and I also don't mind doing any in-game trades. I was considering the Jynx in Cerulean, too.

Falconias
November 15th, 2009, 04:29 PM
*Mods: sorry I posted this in the wrong spot earlier*

Any suggestions/comments for this team for Fire Red?

I currently am saved outside Gary on the second go-round of the Elite Four, and I've come one pokemon short of defeating him two times; the first time the last pokemon was Gyrados but my Jolteon had fainted already and my last pokemon was Arcanine, and the other time was Alakazam and Alakazam got lucky and killed my last pokemon with a critical hit.

Lv 52 Blastoise (Item: Mystic Water)
Hydro Cannon
Surf
Strength
Brick Break

Lv 52 Lapras (Item: Nevermeltice)
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Waterfall
Psychic

Lv 52 Pidgeot (Item: King's Rock)
Hyper Beam
Fly
Wing Attack
Featherdance

Lv 52 Bellossom (Item: Miracle Seed)
Solarbeam
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Sunny Day

Lv 53 Arcanine (Item: Charcoal)
Overheat
Hyper Beam
Flamethrower
Extremespeed

Lv 55 Jolteon (Item: Amulet Coin)
Thunder
Shock Wave
Thunder Wave
Rain Dance

I have 5 hyper potions, 14 full restores, 4 max potions, a ton of full heals, and just 1 revive.

My strategy has been so far:

Heracross
-Send out Pidgeot
-Use Featherdance x3 times, Heracross only uses counter
-Switch to Arcanine, use Flamethrower and then Overheat

Venusaur
-Send out Pidgeot
-Use Featherdance x3 times, restore Pidgeot's health
-Venusaur typically starts using Sludge Bomb but switches to Solarbeam
-Use Fly to escape being hit by Solarbeam until Venusaur faints

Tyranitar
-Send out Jolteon
-Use Thunder Wave and Jolteon is typically ko'd on the next move
-Send out Pidgeot
-Use Featherdance (Bellossom will be killed in one hit by Aerial Ace otherwise) until Pidgeot faints
-Send out Bellossom
-Use Sunny Day to cancel out Tyranitar's sand storm
-Use Giga Drain to get just outside the "red health zone" and keep Bellossom alive, and then use Solarbeam to ko Tyranitar

Arcanine
-Send out Blastoise
-Use Surf to wane Arcanine down
-Blastioise typically faints after a while
-Send out Lapras
-KO Arcanine with Hydro Pump

And this is where I usually get stuck. I want to beat Gary here lol. Gyarados is no problem, Jolteon kills it instantly with a successful Thunder attack. But Alakazam is posing a problem because my two highest physical power pokemon, Pidgeot and Arcanine, are usually fainted by the time Alakazam comes around (or Arcanine struggles against Psychic), and Lapras can only beat Alakazam on very good luck.

.Busou Kihaku.
November 16th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Need some suggestions for my FireRed team. C: So far, I've decided on four members. Move sets will be determined later, but here:

Wartortle (not evolving)
Nidorina (not evolving)
Jolteon
Arcanine

I still need two others, excluding the following: Pidgeot, Parasect, Clefable, Rhydon, Starmie, Fearow, Primeape, or any legendary birds. I also don't need any duplicate types (with the exception of dual-types). Still need a flying type of some sort, and I also don't mind doing any in-game trades. I was considering the Jynx in Cerulean, too.
Go for Pidgeot, 'cause he's the cool moe dee of Fly- Types. And Clefable, i thought he had like a OMFG amount of HP

Panfisha
November 16th, 2009, 11:31 AM

Wartortle (not evolving)
Nidorina (not evolving)
Jolteon
Arcanine

Hmmm well really, unless you DO plan on evolving nidorina, don't bother with her since poison isn't that helpful against many of the trainers and gyms in kanto.
You do need a psychic, but jynx doesn't learn any psychic moves on her own, so try and catch an abra. Because really, the ratio of poison pokemon to every other kind in Kanto is ridiculous.

Alli
November 16th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Go for Pidgeot, 'cause he's the cool moe dee of Fly- Types. And Clefable, i thought he had like a OMFG amount of HP

I already said I don't want Pidgeot or Clefable. I have them on LeafGreen.

Hmmm well really, unless you DO plan on evolving nidorina, don't bother with her since poison isn't that helpful against many of the trainers and gyms in kanto.
You do need a psychic, but jynx doesn't learn any psychic moves on her own, so try and catch an abra. Because really, the ratio of poison pokemon to every other kind in Kanto is ridiculous

I like to use my favorites, and Nidorina's in my top 5, as well as Wartortle. That's why neither of them are evolving. Also, there are such things as TMs, because I really don't mind Jynx. Also, I have an Alakazam in Emerald, so...I should have put that on the list of Pokemon that I don't need suggested.

Thanks to both of you, anyway. Anyone else wanna give it a shot? xD

And this is where I usually get stuck. I want to beat Gary here lol. Gyarados is no problem, Jolteon kills it instantly with a successful Thunder attack. But Alakazam is posing a problem because my two highest physical power pokemon, Pidgeot and Arcanine, are usually fainted by the time Alakazam comes around (or Arcanine struggles against Psychic), and Lapras can only beat Alakazam on very good luck.

Why not use Lapras on his Arcanine instead? Or hit his Arcanine with Blastoise's Hydro Cannon instead of Surf. You lose a turn, but you're holding a Mystic Water and you get a STAB boost, so that should KO the dog. Your Arcanine should smack Kazam with E-Speed a few times (since I image Kazam is faster). If Arcanine faints, I suggest handling Kazam with the Pidgeot. I don't know if he has Recover or not though, so I can't really say whether or not to use Fly.

And I wouldn't worry so much about paralysing T-Tar. I say you go for a quick kill. Its sp. defense isn't fantastic or anything, so smack it with a H-Cannon (or H-Pump from Lapras). Never battled Gary the second time, so sorry if this doesn't help.

Falconias
November 16th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Why not use Lapras on his Arcanine instead? Or hit his Arcanine with Blastoise's Hydro Cannon instead of Surf. You lose a turn, but you're holding a Mystic Water and you get a STAB boost, so that should KO the dog. Your Arcanine should smack Kazam with E-Speed a few times (since I image Kazam is faster). If Arcanine faints, I suggest handling Kazam with the Pidgeot. I don't know if he has Recover or not though, so I can't really say whether or not to use Fly.

And I wouldn't worry so much about paralysing T-Tar. I say you go for a quick kill. Its sp. defense isn't fantastic or anything, so smack it with a H-Cannon (or H-Pump from Lapras). Never battled Gary the second time, so sorry if this doesn't help.

The problem is, my Pokemon are 20 levels lower than Gary's. Arcanine can't kill Alakazam that easily lol, and Pidgeot is usually expended on Tyranitar.

King!
November 17th, 2009, 12:01 PM

Wartortle (not evolving)
Nidorina (not evolving)
Jolteon
Arcanine

Aerodactyl might be good, seeings as it's rock type and you don't have one of those....

A grass type might also do good, because Arcanine, Nidorina, and Jolteon are all weak to ground.... Maybe Exeggutor would be good, because it's Psychic too?

You have Wartortle though.

This is all judged on type, however.....

Ru-Kun
November 17th, 2009, 01:36 PM
I agree with iPrincess about the Aerodactyl. They have a (in my opinion) a very good speed is and attack. I'm not sure about the other though. I would say Victribell, but that's only on LG.

King!
November 23rd, 2009, 02:22 PM
Okay, as I said before I'm playing through Emerald(I ended up starting with Mudkip), and now I have my whole team....

~Swampert
~Swellow
~Breloom
~Gardevoir
~Hariyama
~Crawdaunt(HM Slave)

I have a good moveset for Swampert and Swellow, but I have a few problems with the other three....

~Gardevoir:
I have Thunderbolt and Psychic on it, but should I have Hypnosis and Dream Eater, Hypnosis and Calm Mind, Double Team and Calm Mind, or something else?

~Hariyama:
I have Strength on it, but what should the other three moves be?

~Breloom:
I have the basic outline; Leech Seed, Sky Uppercut, Headbutt, grass move, Sunny Day(replacing something), butoverall, what would a could moveset be?

Thank you!

B_button_member
November 30th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I haven't really studied up on my Omastar before, So I'll read you my Omastar's moves and stats and see what you think...

Lvl.50
Docile Nature
Good Perseverance

Atk:70
Defense:176
Sp.Atk:130
Sp.Def:89
Speed:73

Ability:Shell Armor

Moveset:
Brine (Water)
Ice Beam (Ice)
Spike Cannon (Normal)
Protect (Normal)

Anything I should change?

Yuoaman
December 8th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I'm trying to think up a team for a playthrough of Emerald, and am having no luck coming up with anything.

All I know is that I want to use a Shedinja, and my starter in the team, I am open, however to any other suggestions.

Fire Wolf
December 9th, 2009, 12:56 AM
How about using Aggron and Manectric with your starter and Shedinja? They both are awesome :D

Azu
December 23rd, 2009, 10:45 AM
I'm going playing FireRed version now, but I'm thinking of a team that I would like to have first.

I'm hesitating between Charmander and Squirtle, because Charizard would be pretty powerful as a firetype. Blastoise is also pretty powerful.

I'm looking for a Grass/Fire/Water/Physchic/Flying/Electric or Ground. Or a Balanced team (though main purpose is to have them to use the HM's).

If I chose Charmander, I'm thinking of Oddish (and evolve it later to either Blessom or Vileplume later) for grass, Charizard for fire, and Lapras for water (since the faq I read says that I will be able to get it later in the game), Kadabra for Physchic, (?) for flying and Pikachu. I do want a Dugtrio and/or Machoke (still can't make up my mind XD since Ground type are immune to Electric attacks and fighting types are strong).

If I chose Squirtle, I'll have to give up Lapras for water and go for Flareon, Ninetales or Arcanine for Fire type. Also, I'm not sure which one I should go for Flying type. Main purpose is to use Fly, though. Is Pidgeot good? I really want a Dragonite, though. But I will only get it later in the game. I'm also not looking for HM slaves (Except for Flash XD).

Or maybe I should just go for Bulbasaur? Since I already had the fire and water types worked out. XD;; .

I'm looking for a team that will see me through the whole game, so any suggestions on who I should change/choose? Dual types will do, too. Thanks!

Vulcan341
December 24th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Should i Teach it to Aggron, or Rayquaza?

AsaQuilava
December 24th, 2009, 12:15 AM
that depends on what you're using the pokemon for. just in-game? probably doesn't matter much.
if you're playing competitively, however, you should probably post in this thread, instead. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194832&page=33) It's for that kind of stuff.

JeTz
January 4th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Any suggestion for my Emerald team?

Starmie @ Leftovers
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Recover
-Thunderbolt

Salamence @ Focus band
-Dragon Claw
-Fly
-Rock Slide
-Flame Thrower

Pikachu @ Light Ball
-Iron Tail
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder
-Volt Tackle

Ursaring @ Quick Claw
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Mega Punch/Body Slam (Help me decide thanks)

Venusaur @ BrightPowder
-Synthesis
-Sunny Day
-Solar Beam
-Razor Leaf

Charizard @ Charcoal
-Fly
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Flame Thrower

Alli
January 4th, 2010, 09:01 AM
You've got moves covered, that's for sure...hmm...

Pikachu - he doesn't need 3 attacks of the same type. I'd keep Volt Tackle, and maybe Thunderbolt just for the sake of accuracy and saving HP. I'd replace Thunder with Thunder Wave. But then again, I'm just not a fan of that move. And evolve the thing. That will help a lot. You can get a Thunder Stone in New Mauville.

Ursaring - Body Slam > Mega Punch. More accurate, and it can paralyze. As for the other moves, they're still special attacks in RSE, and I'm not really sure on how well Urasring dishes out special attacks. My guess is that he's more of a physical attacker than special.

Venusaur - Get rid of Razor Leaf for Sludgebomb. You'll get Poison STAB and it can poison. If you don't want the move per se, then go with Toxic. Or grab a Heart Scale and relearn Leech Seed. Or heck, get crazy and have Toxic AND Leech Seed. Deadly combo.

Starmie - A psychic-type without Psychic? If anything, I'd say goodbye to Thunderbolt for Psychic. Definitely recommended, especially since you already have a loaded electric Pokemon.

Salamence - Why Flamethrower when you have Charizard? Eh. I guess keep it, since Mence didn't have the world's greatest moveset in RSE. I'm fairly sure Dragon Dance is an egg move, too. So...I don't know.

Overall, there's just so many attacks and not enough stat moves/annoyers. Oh well, though. I'm sure this isn't for competitive anyway, but I was thinking it was at least Battle Frontier.

Darkest Shade of Light
January 24th, 2010, 05:13 AM
My current team in FireRed is undefeated, but still lacking in my mind. Here it is:

Charizard@Charcoal
Blaze
Rash
-Flamethrower
-Metal Claw
-Wing Attack
-Blast Burn (debating to change to Dragon Claw or not)

Tyranitar@Tyranitar
Sand Stream
Mild
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Body Slam

Dragonite@Lax Incense (I hate blizzard)
Inner Focus
Rash
-Dragon Claw
-Ice Beam
-Shock Wave
-Fly

Metagross@Quick Claw
Clear Body
Impish
-Psychic
-Meteor Mash
-Pursuit (Probably to change to Shadow Ball)
-Confusion (More than likely to change to Earthquake)

Lapras@Mystic Water
Shell Armor
Hardy
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Hydro Pump
-Sheer Cold

Sceptile@Miracle Seed
Overgrow
Hasty
-Leaf Blade
-Bullet Seed (Scheduled to change to Dragon Claw)
-Fury Cutter (Planning on changing to Brick Break)
-Quick Attack (Possibly changing to Hyper Beam)

Thx in advance for any help.

Armykid
February 4th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Made new file on leaf green and need some help with the team i'm planning on making.

Currently have - Blastoise, Raichu.

Planning on using.
1. vulpix
2. exeggcute
3. aerodactyl
4. unknown

If anybody could supply with moves, natures etc. would be greatly appreciated, also what my last poke should be.

By the way, i will not be using Dragonite so don't bother with that, also no traded pokemon from firered or the others and no replacing blastoise and raichu unless it is completly neccesary.

Sumshine 904
February 14th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Hi, I'd like some advice on my Pokémanz. c:
All were surprisingly infected with the elusive Pokérus!

Lv47 Scorch/Blaziken
- Slash
- Bulk Up
- Blaze Kick
- Double Kick

Lv44 Sally/Gardevoir
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Double Team
- Future Sight

Lv44 Isaac/Mightyena
- Bite
- Taunt
- Tackle
- Take Down

Lv43 Jerry/Azumarill
- Surf
- Dive
- Rollout
- Waterfall

Lv43 Ginger/Breloom
- Mega Drain
- Leech Seed
- Mach Punch
- Sky Uppercut

Lv43 Monet/Swellow
- Fly
- Aerial Ace
- Wing Attack
- Double Team

Ru-Kun
February 15th, 2010, 06:04 AM
This is my Sapphire Scramble Challenge Team, and I was wondering which contest each of these would be best to compete in, and what moves would be good to give to each so that they would be good in a contest and in battles. Oh and I need at least on Pokemon for each contest. Natures would hep too please!

-Febass > Milotic
-Barboach > Whiscasch
-Sandshrew > Sandslash
-Lunatone
-Wurmple > Silcoone > Beautifly
-Zigzagoon > Linoone

Armykid
February 15th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Hi, I'd like some advice on my Pokémanz. c:
All were surprisingly infected with the elusive Pokérus!

Lv47 Scorch/Blaziken
- Slash
- Bulk Up
- Blaze Kick
- Double Kick

Lv44 Sally/Gardevoir
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Double Team
- Future Sight

Lv44 Isaac/Mightyena
- Bite
- Taunt
- Tackle
- Take Down

Lv43 Jerry/Azumarill
- Surf
- Dive
- Rollout
- Waterfall

Lv43 Ginger/Breloom
- Mega Drain
- Leech Seed
- Mach Punch
- Sky Uppercut

Lv43 Monet/Swellow
- Fly
- Aerial Ace
- Wing Attack
- Double Team

very nice team overall. I would suggest to u to catch and infect more pokemon with the pokerus. I remember i got that early in diamond and i still have some pokemon in pc with it incase i really want to train something hard.

Esmas
February 27th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Here's what I've got currently in FireRed:
- Wartortle (unevolved)
- Wigglytuff
- Drowzee (unevolved)
- Aerodactyl

I'm going with a few unevolved because I want the challenge. Who else do you think I'd need, for a balanced team?

Alli
February 27th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Nidorina! If you're going to have Wartortle, one of my faves, you need a Nidorina. ;] No evolving it, of course. Hmm...Growlithe/Arcanine too? :'D

Esmas
February 27th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Nidorina! If you're going to have Wartortle, one of my faves, you need a Nidorina. ;] No evolving it, of course. Hmm...Growlithe/Arcanine too? :'DI'll need to think about getting a Nidorina, but I'll for sure be getting a Growlithe or Arcanine. Thanks :D

Neko Keeshi
March 8th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Ok, I'm planning geting on one of my FR/LG's to make a speed game to Mewtwo and use the masterball to catch it to transfer to my 4th gen. I need sugestions for a team to go through the game as fast as possible and easy to catch.

Who should I start with? at what point in the game should I catch pokemon #2,3,4, ect..

Fire Wolf
March 8th, 2010, 07:11 AM
If you want a quick game, use Bulbasaur as your starter. It has a type advantage against the first three gyms. Catch a Pidgey at the start of your game and it will help you for the fourth gym. Take Eevee from Celedon City and evolve it into Vaporeon. Also, in the route east of Vermilion City, catch a Drowzee. The Drowzee will help you against the fifth gym. Get a Gastly/Haunter from Pokemon Tower and it will help you against the sixth gym. Your Vaporeon will have a field day in the seventh gym. The eighth gym will be pretty easy with Venusaur and Vaporeon. Lorelei can easily be handled with Venusaur if it is faster than Lorelei's pokemon. Bruno is easy with Vaporeon/Venusaur and Pidgeot. Agatha can be defeated with help from Haunter and Hypno. Lance will be defeated by Vaporeon's Aurora Beam/Ice Beam.

Your team should be this in the end:
Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur -> Venusaur
Pidgey -> Pidgeotto -> Pidgeot
Gastly -> Haunter -> Gengar (Gengar only if you can trade)
Eevee -> Vaporeon
Drowzee -> Hypno.